Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Atramar
08.02.2013 , 02:29 AM | #631
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
My guild put together a 16-man hard mode Xeno, with a few pugs. There was a DPS Assassin in the group that didn't have a Charge selected. We asked, hey, do you want to select a charge? and he says "I don't know??" Apparently he had no idea what it was. He said "leave me alone, I just got this guy to 55 and I don't really know how to play it that well, I normally play Republic".
OK....but...how they heck do you get to 55 and not even notice something so simple, and then have the nerve to join a hard mode operation and act indignant when questioned about it? So next thing he did was pick the tank stance... /facepalm. We set him straight in the end, but, damn.
This game is fairly easy. You can get to 55 without chosing your Advanced Class. Not sure if I could solo kill imp makeb end story boss without AC tho, but the republic one is a wuss.

I once encountered in BT hm L52 PT dps + Jugg tank also 52, same guild, polish names (I'm a pole so it's easy to recognize), PT used:basic attack, flametower, an flame burst. nothing else. Jugg used basic attack, smash and I think sunder strike. I don't have to mention that my sniper was pulling aggro constantly from tank since he did no threat, or healer pulled aggro.
I asked them, how they got to 50+ with just 3 abilities (kindly and in english), they said they are playing together since level 10 and it was always enouth to burn thro story, so I should be quiet as they are profesional gamers.
ofc both died on last boss (what ever her name was) first pull, but I burnd her down like a charm.
during the flash point they were trash talking me in polish language thinkig I don't understand, but atleast they didn't swear much.
Normally I would talk back and leave, but on DPS after 50 minutes waiting for a pop, you kinda want to finish instance.

during last conversation, I thanked the healer in english, and riiiigt before jump, added in polish 'I hope I never see you two again' - pop loading screen and my reward waiting for me
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Flintfire
08.02.2013 , 07:29 AM | #632
I que'd for an operation. I can justly say no one in my group knew what they were doing on the first fight. They were running around yelling at each other, no taunts from tanks, adds destroying dps while healers just stood there stupidly healing full health no agro tanks while the dps were slaughtered. One of the tanks, also, was still geared in lvl 52-53 green and blue gear you find from trash mobs on Makeb. Needless to say, I left that group.
Infyrno/Infyrnex Infyrnus/Infyrnal
Leiptr Venaticus
Slaughtor Evisceran/Karrnivore
Sleipe/Medyc Desolus/Tyrantix

GM of Oblivion

Zoom_VI
08.02.2013 , 12:44 PM | #633
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
Transcendence on cooldown always bewilders me, just like Shadows who open fights with Force Lift. Again: do people not read their tooltips, ever?

I mean I'd estimate at least 30-40% of the Marauders/Sentinels I see in Group Finder put up Transcendence every time they hit 30 Centering. I wonder if they just see a button light up and hit it, without understand why it's lighting up or what it's costing them in damage output.

Oh well. At least it's sort-of fun to have high uptime on running fast.
I asked one of those sents why he was doing that, he told me it reduced his gcd, LoL
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

CrazyGreggy
08.03.2013 , 04:10 AM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I asked one of those sents why he was doing that, he told me it reduced his gcd, LoL
Raid wide buff that gives +10% defence. Maybe they usually run with insecure tanks

Darth_Dreselus
08.03.2013 , 10:12 AM | #635
I have found that FP trash pulls are so fast that I hardly ever get any use out of Zen and end up with 3-4 stacks left, so I just hit Transcendance instead.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

chuixupu
08.03.2013 , 12:46 PM | #636
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
This game is fairly easy. You can get to 55 without chosing your Advanced Class. Not sure if I could solo kill imp makeb end story boss without AC tho, but the republic one is a wuss.
He had his AC. He just didn't use a charge.
It has nothing to do with how easy it is, I can see someone getting through the game using one button. It's a question of, how does a player not READ and know what their abilities do by the time they're trying to run a 55 op? Whenever I train a new ability, I read what it does. And this isn't just a cooldown, it's something you turn on and use the whole time from pretty early on.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

amcdoog
08.03.2013 , 03:59 PM | #637
I quite possibly had the worst healer in the galaxy today.

Hammer station story mode, I am tanking on my new juggernaut, and get into a group with a 19 sorc healer 19 merc dps and a 15 sniper. We greet each other and go on to the first pull, which the sorc pulls, not bothering to wait for me. We go through a few pulls and I have not received a single heal....and died 3x. I ask for heals and point out to the sorc (who was attacking a target with his saber) that he heals. He says he knows. We wipe on some more trash (sorc was overloading every.single.pull.) We get to first boss where the sorc types "WAIT FOR MY FORCE TO COME BACK" we wait while he sits there doing nothing. I tell him to seethe to regen force and he does and seems amazed. On boss he lets me pull, but then runs up, overloads and thrash spams until he is out of force, causing me to die to the laser. He then says "sorry was outta force" and the dps clean up the boss. We keep going with his overloading and meleeing and remarkably nobody dies. We then arrive at the second boss where he types again "WAIT FOR MY FORCE TO COME BACK" despite him being at full health and force. He stands there and then rapidly types "go" and pulls the boss, making my job even harder. He runs around with his rotation and magically we do not die.

The boss drops a cunning vibroknife meant for the sniper, but the sorc needs on it. We ask why. He says Khem needs it. ./facepalm. We tell him Khem does not use a knife. The sorc continually says he does. We just let it drop. Mostly the same stuff with trash until some before final boss, in which the sorc commands me to heal (during combat) because he is out of force. He has no idea that I already blew my stack of medpacks due to his lack of heals, and rages at me when I do not use my magic heal skill that all level 16 juggernauts posess. Rest of the run was uneventful, besides his standard "NO FORCE" cry before each battle. He still managed to keep up his massive dps "thrash/overload rotation, and even ran into the sweeping gunfire (I had boss turned around and was sidestepping it.) He was promptly added to ignore.
I think we need a sword in a box......

Revenaught
08.03.2013 , 04:14 PM | #638
Quote: Originally Posted by amcdoog View Post
I quite possibly had the worst healer in the galaxy today.

Hammer station story mode, I am tanking on my new juggernaut, and get into a group with a 19 sorc healer 19 merc dps and a 15 sniper. We greet each other and go on to the first pull, which the sorc pulls, not bothering to wait for me. We go through a few pulls and I have not received a single heal....and died 3x. I ask for heals and point out to the sorc (who was attacking a target with his saber) that he heals. He says he knows. We wipe on some more trash (sorc was overloading every.single.pull.) We get to first boss where the sorc types "WAIT FOR MY FORCE TO COME BACK" we wait while he sits there doing nothing. I tell him to seethe to regen force and he does and seems amazed. On boss he lets me pull, but then runs up, overloads and thrash spams until he is out of force, causing me to die to the laser. He then says "sorry was outta force" and the dps clean up the boss. We keep going with his overloading and meleeing and remarkably nobody dies. We then arrive at the second boss where he types again "WAIT FOR MY FORCE TO COME BACK" despite him being at full health and force. He stands there and then rapidly types "go" and pulls the boss, making my job even harder. He runs around with his rotation and magically we do not die.

The boss drops a cunning vibroknife meant for the sniper, but the sorc needs on it. We ask why. He says Khem needs it. ./facepalm. We tell him Khem does not use a knife. The sorc continually says he does. We just let it drop. Mostly the same stuff with trash until some before final boss, in which the sorc commands me to heal (during combat) because he is out of force. He has no idea that I already blew my stack of medpacks due to his lack of heals, and rages at me when I do not use my magic heal skill that all level 16 juggernauts posess. Rest of the run was uneventful, besides his standard "NO FORCE" cry before each battle. He still managed to keep up his massive dps "thrash/overload rotation, and even ran into the sweeping gunfire (I had boss turned around and was sidestepping it.) He was promptly added to ignore.
Honestly you shouldn't have let him get away with those kind of actions. If he doesn't learn that he has to fulfill his role in a group and can't need on items he has absolutely no use for he's just going to keep inflicting that kind of play on others.
It's a community game and the more the community allows such behavior the less justification we have to come in threads like this and complain about it.

Not meaning this as an attack on you amcdoog. I'm just seeing more and more posts where actions like this are talked about but still allowed to happen.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

amcdoog
08.03.2013 , 06:13 PM | #639
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
Honestly you shouldn't have let him get away with those kind of actions. If he doesn't learn that he has to fulfill his role in a group and can't need on items he has absolutely no use for he's just going to keep inflicting that kind of play on others.
It's a community game and the more the community allows such behavior the less justification we have to come in threads like this and complain about it.

Not meaning this as an attack on you amcdoog. I'm just seeing more and more posts where actions like this are talked about but still allowed to happen.
We told him to heal....numerous times, but he did not listen, we really did not want to wait for GF to pop another via kicking him. Not sure if the merc would have wanted to heal. All in all, yes, we probably should have booted him, but for the sake of time we did not. We attempted to enlighten him to game mechanics.....but he just didn't listen, we all just ignored him, the dps and I were on the same page.
I think we need a sword in a box......

Ansalem
08.03.2013 , 06:40 PM | #640
Did a pug 16m group for xeno during the gree event. Noticed a fellow merc spamming power shots in between fusion missiles. I asked him why he wasnt tossing up his pyro dots and why was he using combat cylinder. He said he was arsenal spec. As an arsenal merc a little part of me died inside....