Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

lukenick
07.26.2013 , 11:20 PM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by Razamatazz View Post
Now he starts talking to us, saying he's French and is having a hard time understanding what we're saying. This frustrates me, now, I feel bad and don't want to be rude, but its a NA East Coast server man, you kind of need to be able to commuicate if you're going to pick an American server, if you don't then pick a European server, that's why they're there, ya know?
He is probably from Canada

RoninJr
07.26.2013 , 11:24 PM | #592
My PT has a multitude of horror stories to share, most of it from GF.

Was in a normal mode BP a couple of weeks back, I was tanking and I'm fairly certain that my other groupmates were F2Pers. They were all in the same guild, and unfortunately for them they took it as a sign that they could need on EVERYTHING. Healer wasn't too hot (I kept going for my defensive CDs) and the MDPS (a fat Mara) kept pulling before I could so much as move. They all went on the ignore list after the FP. (I should've left them in the Q )

Mando Raiders, normal mode. The only time I got a heal was when I shouted for heals on the first boss and the DPS threw a kolto missile my way. The 'healer' was a sorc with some pretentious Latin for a guild name, I highly suspect he was F2P, and he was choosing to whack away with a saber strike instead of doing his job. We booted him after the first set of trash turrets, we got a new healer, and everything was fine and dandy.

This isn't a horror story, but I went into an in-progress Kaon where the tank quit after the turrets because 'he didn't get his loot'.

Yria
07.28.2013 , 11:50 AM | #593
I remember doing Cademimu with a Jedi Guardian tank who wasn't really a tank. We kept telling him to activate Soresu form and put a Guard on the healer, we kept wiping, our "tank" kept ignoring us. After the second or third boss I enraged and activated Soresu myself and put on a shield, since I was also a JG, and all the mobs seemed to favore me over the tank anyway, lol. I wasn't using the proper tree, and still it was much easier than with the first Guardian "tanking".

SandsS
07.28.2013 , 07:01 PM | #594
I remember queuing in group finder on my healer alt for a 55 HM Cademimu -- and I got this absolutely awful tank/DPS pair. The tank was bad with cooldowns and couldn't keep threat, but the DPS was both bad (low DPS) and offensive in chat. He refused to listen to advice, failed to CC or broke CC at every opportunity, and maintained a stream of invective directed at me and the other DPS throughout this flashpoint.

This DPS also couldn't understand how to break shackles on the General Ortol fight and then decided to tell everyone else THEY were idiots on the ensuing and inevitable wipe.

I'd had enough of his nonsense by this point, so I started a vote-kick. The other DPS apparently voted with me and the offensive guy was ejected from the group. The tank mentioned with some evident disbelief that we were "stupid" because we'd just kicked his friend -- they were in the same guild and I hadn't even realized it.

The tank left, too.

I re-queued myself and the second DPS, who was -- although no gem -- at least trainable. We got a new DPS, I explained to them that we didn't need a tank to finish the fight (because Ortol 'hits like a pansy'), and we proceeded to three-man it with a DPS companion.

I could use a break from the tough jobs.
[Scyras - Operative Healer - POT5 ]

Jedi_riches
07.29.2013 , 02:47 AM | #595
Was doing Athiss last night with a Shadow tank, Commando DPS and a gunslinger healer. On one of the drops there was a willpower single lightsaber, I left it thinking that if it was an upgrade for the shadow he would pull the mods out and put it in his double blade, but no he just swapped the lightsabers over and continued on with a single blade, he did not reply when I wispered why he had done that, Not to anybodys suprise we got wiped at the final boss several times.
I looked at their gear (by this point I realised they must have all been in the same guild) and none of them were really in up to date gear about 14-15 greens. by this point they all just gave up and left the area/group withoput so much as a goodbye.
Not the most interesting story I know but anyway.

Ephesia
07.29.2013 , 02:52 AM | #596
Quote: Originally Posted by Yria View Post
I remember doing Cademimu with a Jedi Guardian tank who wasn't really a tank. We kept telling him to activate Soresu form and put a Guard on the healer, we kept wiping, our "tank" kept ignoring us. After the second or third boss I enraged and activated Soresu myself and put on a shield, since I was also a JG, and all the mobs seemed to favore me over the tank anyway, lol. I wasn't using the proper tree, and still it was much easier than with the first Guardian "tanking".
Put guard on the healer? No...don't ever do that.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Never_Hesitate
07.29.2013 , 03:01 AM | #597
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
a gunslinger healer.

Not the most interesting story I know but anyway.
That's the interesting part, they might have lied to you from the beginning, gunslinger do rarely heal (other than themselfes in the middle tree).

I think you meant a scoundrel

Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Maybe if he's a gunslinger
But no you really don't want to do that normally (there are a few exceptions like The terror from beyond)
waiting for ...

Jedi_riches
07.29.2013 , 04:54 AM | #598
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
That's the interesting part, they might have lied to you from the beginning, gunslinger do rarely heal (other than themselfes in the middle tree).

I think you meant a scoundrel

I probably got them mixed up as I never played Smugglar that far.

Nkya
07.29.2013 , 08:21 AM | #599
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Actually, Xander (Cademinu's first boss) may be an exception. Typical tactic is everyone including the tank go on the droid when it starts moving, kill the droid and turn back to the boss. However, when things get wrong, such as the first trap is missed, characters will get a lot of damage that the healer would heal, generating thread. Since Xander is left alone, the aggro swaps to the healer.

A taunt fixes that if the healer or the tank get what's going on soon enough, despite it's unusual and everyone is running around trying to catch back the initial mistake. So a shield on the healer might be appropriate.

It happened a couple of time lately. The first time the tank was shouting "Heal! Heal!" while my sage was struggling for life, being sniped by the boss. At the end, the tank shrugged the fight was painful, suggesting we didn't do our job (sure!) With this experience, the next time it happened, I understood quicker where all that damages came from and asked the tank to taunt the boss.

AAAAzrael
07.29.2013 , 08:39 AM | #600
You don't need guard on healer on Xander, rather you need a good tank I don't remember last time boss switched to someone else, and even so I have him focus target to taunt him immediately if I see that happening.