Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Tachenko_Yuri
07.17.2013 , 08:41 AM | #551
Usual beginner black talon run, everyone needing randomly, clueless, and died on first boss cuz our freebie tank thought that killing the mobs coming from both sides first, was too mainstream.

Doesn't matter, quitted after the roll on the cunning jacket, won by our tanking assassin, with a single saber with only the hilt in, obviously.

What got me is this phrase said at the beginning of the flashpoint by said tank.

" Oh but I wanted to do the one with the colossus foot >.< "

Can anyone re-elaborate/translate/explain that phrase to me?

Kopiusz
07.17.2013 , 09:51 AM | #552
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post

I'm probably wrong about this but could this be a reference to GW2's Fractals of the Mists? In GW2 there's a dungeon that sends you through several random locations. One of the possible locations is at the foot of a colossus that is bound to a giant rock by some cultists. In my mind it could have been a GW2-SWTOR crossover joke.

AlrikFassbauer
07.17.2013 , 10:09 AM | #553
What could have been meant is that unfinished statue on Cheese Moon (that's how I constantly call "Dromund Kaas", where "Kaas" means "Cheese" in Dutch language, and the second part of "Dromund" sounds a bit like "Moon" in my ears. ).

theStirge
07.18.2013 , 12:50 AM | #554
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
Usual beginner black talon run, everyone needing randomly, clueless, and died on first boss cuz our freebie tank thought that killing the mobs coming from both sides first, was too mainstream.

Doesn't matter, quitted after the roll on the cunning jacket, won by our tanking assassin, with a single saber with only the hilt in, obviously.

What got me is this phrase said at the beginning of the flashpoint by said tank.

There's a mission(Heroic?) on Dromund Kaas named "At the Foot of the Colossus." This is almost certainly what he was talking about; he probably was trying to use Group Finder to get a group for that and ended up in a flashpoint by mistake.
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

Never_Hesitate
07.18.2013 , 01:31 AM | #555
Has any of you actually gotten in a group for the heroics/bonus of a planet with group finder?
Because I've yet to see it happen to me
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
Leonië&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa

rawtravel
07.18.2013 , 02:34 PM | #556
Just a funny story about 55 HM Cademimu and the Wookie boss flight, with the ugnaught adds....

I'm Sorc healz and have done this fight many times. Funny thing happened last night. Ranged DPS (both were ranged) and I were on top of the ship (as ordered by our tank) and all went very smoothly. Wookie dead in no time at all. DPSers instaloot, jump down and take off to continue onward, following the tank who took off even sooner.

Since tankie had brought the wookie right next to the ship, I did not have to move to click and loot. I'm looking for specific mods and enhancements nowadays, so it takes me a bit longer to loot, and by the time I was done the other three in my party were nearly out of sight, on their way to the next fight!

This is when I notice that right behind me, just under the wing, are all 4 (or 5?) piggies....looking up at me like I'm their mommy. I start to move down the nose of the ship and they side-step along with me. Right away I'm back to the rear and they just stand there, all in a group....staring up at me. I swear I wanted to toss them some mackerel or something.

In chat, I'm like "Uh guys? I think we forgot something!" After many LOLs and LMFAOs, they all came back and we had a second fight that I think took longer than it did to kill the wookie! No sweat and we face-rolled the rest of the FP too.

Never seen it where the piggies were completely ignored by the entire party!!

Selenial
07.18.2013 , 07:46 PM | #557
Join Mandalorian raiders HM. Full 69-72, so thought this should be easy.

I'm a Jugg tank in the Sorc gear from the Cartel market, with robe leg pieces, from the revan set.
As soon as I spawn in, the Merc dps and the Op healer tell me, if i was a dps wearing that it'd be ok, but i needed to get out of Light armor if i was a tank.
The Merc opened a trade with me, and tried to give me some level 11 merc shell heavy armor for borrow during the flashpoint.

I kindly explained i wouldn't need it, because my armor wasn't heavy but adaptive.

We went through a little trash, I used a medpack on every single pull. Every. Single. Pull.

Got to the pull with all the Swarming dogs, by then i had learned my lesson. I popped every defensive CD i had, over a drawn out period of time, as the fight lasted longer than it should.
It lasted about 15 seconds, i used a medpack, my self heal, and 2 of my shields, and yet i died.

I got one heal from the operative.

He then proceeded to cuss at me for wearing light armor, and said if i was in heavy armor it would be different.

I kindly proceeded to laugh, tell him he should learn when mistakes are his and not someone elses. /w'd the marauder telling him to leave while he can, wished them luck finding a tank, then dropped.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
The Gate Crashing, Dragon Slaying, Eternal Warrior from Beyond.

Saromus
07.21.2013 , 02:39 PM | #558
This thread is absolutely hilarious haha! Please, can we get this thread stickied.

Vegabond
07.21.2013 , 06:18 PM | #559
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Has any of you actually gotten in a group for the heroics/bonus of a planet with group finder?
Because I've yet to see it happen to me
The first week of 1.3 finding for heroics on Black Hole

Kaisernick
07.21.2013 , 09:04 PM | #560
Mine have just been with people who seem to refuse to read info on their class.

Quote:
"Shadow why did u need a shield with strength?"
"cause i need a shield"

"commando why did u roll need for a smuggler armor, u dont use medium armor"
"i will use it"

"sentinel why did you roll need on heavy armor?"
" for mods"
"im a guardian i needed the armor more, i mean it has defense"
"so? I need defense to noob"
Just some of the ridiculous convos i have had with people who dont read codex's on their Advanced class or simply look it up on the net.