Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


tommox's Avatar


tommox
07.16.2013 , 11:38 AM | #541
Quote: Originally Posted by XXcroxphireXX View Post
Its funny I came across this post. I have'nt even used group finder yet and have only play in a group a couple of times and never PVP'd. The reason I shy away from groups is im dont want to be one of the guys you just posted about. I have a couple level 50's and working on more so its not like I dont know how to play but........idk.


lol i have a lvl 50 dps and i think know how to use my marauder quite well but sometimes whe i am in a group i also think do these people think i am any good at this game because it can seem to get very technical sometimes and quite frankly right now i just dont get most of it. so i see what your saying but i have had some great tips from HELPFUL people when i have joined groups so i never shy away from it. plus you get great loot from heroics etc...

Kingsbount's Avatar


Kingsbount
07.16.2013 , 02:02 PM | #542
Yeah. I guess i got rotten luck with marauders/sentinels noobs.
Every time if mara or sent in my team, they starting to think that they know and perfom tanking better than me.

My last episode was in Foundry.
Of course marauder was think that he was a tank... Bravery attacking mobs with aoe. Jumping in packs, even not bothering that im not attcking them yet.
That was fun. I swear - i never used my taunt so much.
I very tired of this, so i'v decided to let him die a couple of times. When he jump in pack before me - im just picking up other mobs and dont let them to get another teammates.
Finally mara realized that something wrong (after he finally died two times lol). And start to blame me that im a bad tank.
And here our dialog in group:
Mara: "Tank!!! Why you let me die again???!! Start tanking!!!"
Me: "Hey)) You are doing fine)) Keep up. But you forgot to use your defence stance. Use it - and you will be fine..."
Mara: "*********** retard! Im marauder! I dont have such buff, ******e! Im a DPS!!!"
Me: "What? Really? And i was realyy thinking that YOU tank O_o. You attacking before me, jump in packs before me... I guess you tank, not me *innocent face*"
Mara: "**** you retrd! *initiating vote kick*"

And yes, i could be kicked. But the other members of my team was good and obviously experienced gamers (especially sorc-healer. He was giving warnings to mara, but he didnt listen). So they didnt kick me)) Instead they kicked mara.
We was having a good laugh, after he leaves team))
After all we got a new dps snipe, all runs smoothly.

LingBa's Avatar


LingBa
07.17.2013 , 02:56 AM | #543
Soooo... Cadmindu HM. Me as Jugg tank, 2 Mara and an Op Healer. Surprise surprise somebody isn't waiting for the tank to pull, what is actually surprising is that it's the healer opening up with Orbital Strike constantly. I'm a bit pissed off but it's only trash... get to first mildly challenging pull, I don't want to have to be salvaging aggro so force leap, sundering strike, crushing blow, AOE taunt, Saber Reflect - everybody is beating on me but where is the healing? There is none, wipe.

Healer has the cheek to say "can we wait until everybody is ready?", so I say "sure, as long as you stop opening with OS every pull". Torrent of abuse follows. "Good luck finding another tank" I say as I leave FP

Amantino's Avatar


Amantino
07.17.2013 , 03:20 AM | #544
Quote: Originally Posted by LingBa View Post
Soooo... Cadmindu HM. Me as Jugg tank, 2 Mara and an Op Healer. Surprise surprise somebody isn't waiting for the tank to pull, what is actually surprising is that it's the healer opening up with Orbital Strike constantly. I'm a bit pissed off but it's only trash... get to first mildly challenging pull, I don't want to have to be salvaging aggro so force leap, sundering strike, crushing blow, AOE taunt, Saber Reflect - everybody is beating on me but where is the healing? There is none, wipe.

Healer has the cheek to say "can we wait until everybody is ready?", so I say "sure, as long as you stop opening with OS every pull". Torrent of abuse follows. "Good luck finding another tank" I say as I leave FP
Then pop a bloody defensive cooldown. it's also your own job to keep yourself alive.
Jennifér - Marauder
<Reckoning>

The Red Eclipse

LingBa's Avatar


LingBa
07.17.2013 , 03:52 AM | #545
^ somewhat if not totally missing the point. Healer running ahead pulling aggro, I try to pre-empt this, wipe ensues and healer then abuses me for pulling before he/she/it was ready. For the record I did use all DCs

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
07.17.2013 , 04:46 AM | #546
Quote: Originally Posted by LingBa View Post
^ somewhat if not totally missing the point. Healer running ahead pulling aggro, I try to pre-empt this, wipe ensues and healer then abuses me for pulling before he/she/it was ready. For the record I did use all DCs
I think you mean CDs

I'd say he completely missed the point.

Smugglers and IA's running/rolling ahead and pulling with their OS/Freighter flight are annoying.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Smartie's Avatar


Smartie
07.17.2013 , 05:11 AM | #547
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
"I wonder what this button does?"

It turns off the light bridge we just spent five minutes trying to switch on, my friend, sending your three companions and the massive droid they are fighting to horrible deaths in the green goo far below.


Actually this person was a fellow guildie, not one of the random people we picked up to do this, and it was the high point of the day. I haven't laughed so much in ages.
Either someone else did the same as me or this was in fact me, at the time I had no idea it would work I just thought that might kill the boss quick, which it did along with the rest of the team xD

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.17.2013 , 05:18 AM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
Either someone else did the same as me or this was in fact me, at the time I had no idea it would work I just thought that might kill the boss quick, which it did along with the rest of the team xD
what flash point was that?
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

CrazyGreggy's Avatar


CrazyGreggy
07.17.2013 , 05:30 AM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
what flash point was that?
Not a flashpoint. Final mission in the Binoculars/Shroud questline.

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.17.2013 , 05:32 AM | #550
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
Not a flashpoint. Final mission in the Binoculars/Shroud questline.
thanks
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013