Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

MorgothPl
07.14.2013 , 12:57 AM | #531
Yesterday EV pug run. Me and 2 other guildies joined it for easy comms. First tank jumps on turrets before even everyone left the ship via escape pods. Well, it's okay, most of us are 55 and good geared. Then tank pulls the droid not waiting to explain tactics to few people who were doing the ops for the first time. Still managed to survive, but then we managed to convince him to wait for others and give instructions.

Then we got to Gharj. Some people died because they didn't listen to advice on where to stand, some died in the fire as they didn't leave islands.... Only is 3 DPS and tank survive to the last island and Gharj goes enrage. Tank called for the wipe, but luckily the off heals of 55 merc are enough to keep 3 good geared people get last 150k health from the boss.

Now pylons. Two guildies on one pylon, and they asked the others from their group to stay away from console, as they will be kicking on puzzle to speed things up. Suddenly we see how their group dies. Their healer declared that if they don't want to let her click, she feels not needed, and won't be healing. After few minutes of convincing, she agreed to heal.

At Soa it almost went well, though said healer marked herself as leader during jump phase, picked up wrong ways, didn't wait at all platforms to drop and of course, as she was leading, there was no hope for aoe heals. And I'm really glad that other healer was good and that my merc dps have kolto bomb.

Darth_Dreselus
07.14.2013 , 05:30 AM | #532
Not a GF story but a progression mess up.

Another night of NM DG wipes on the menu. Pull number damned if I know anymore. Everything is going very well but on Kel someone ate a Red Circle and went to trade it in for a Green one. As a result I look up from the ops frames to check the arena for circle positioning as there were quite a few placed in the middle. Unfortunately this means that healing autopilot kicks in and my pointer moves to the leeched tank standing aside with 80% or so, being the lowest HP at the time. I press Rejuvenate and Healing Trance and he starts screaming 'HoTs'. My eyes shot back to the Ops frame realising my mistake but it was too late. The worst thing was that it was the best pull that night (considering the lowest HP was 80% leeched tank).
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

Solloby
07.14.2013 , 07:57 PM | #533
Yesterday queued on my 43 dps Sorc for a random FP. We zoned in, and the healer said Hi in chat. Someone said hi back to them. The healer then dropped group. We hadn't even done the conversation to begin the FP.

So I pulled out Talos Drellik.

He healed the group through the entire FP (the queue never gave us another healer). I kept the tank bubbled but he didn't really need it, I didn't have to offheal him as Talos kept him near max health the whole time. Talos is boss! No idea why the healer said hi then left though, but w/e. Thanks for popping our queue!

Kemra
07.14.2013 , 08:25 PM | #534
Got a couple of classics last night, we were one short for a sunday night guild fun run on alts in SM TFB so we advertise in fleet chat for one more stating that we were doing a group finder for the extra comms, sentinel we pick up is pretty decent and we breezed through the op, fun was had, derps and time wasted were zero. We down operator 9, sent had his weekly done so he just leaves. Group finder bugs and we had to reform and reset the phase when we try to que for a replacement, anyways we get a replacement but our healer derped and had his que on dps so we pick up a new healer. Gear was a mix of level 40 blues, 50 bits and pieces and he had less health than a companion, we give the guy a try but he dies on trash heading to kephess, releases and sits on Voss not answering our questions of whether he's coming back or not so we vote kick him and que again.

He's replaced by a dps.. we clear the trash to kephess and start the kephess fight when it pops up in guild chat 'He has a full tank set on..'. Anyways we down Kephess easily enough but realise dps is lacking so we get this guy to tank and one of our tanks respecs dps and throws his dps gear on. Asked him twice if he knew the fight and if he needed a strat and get assured he's tanked it many, many times so we start the fight.. straight away he's standing back from the tentacle using full auto, I'm yelling in TS to get in nice and close to it, dps is grabbing agro, I'm healing and grabbing agro, this guy is just saying calmly we're pulling agro whenever his taunt finishes..

We get the tenatcles down with dps and myself tanking them and get onto the 2nd phase, our guildie tank gets the boss and we're reminding this guy over and over to taunt when he see's scream, which he does fine.. but everytime he gets spat on and the other tank picks up the boss he stands in the spit and we're spam healing the guy to keep him up.. he does this the entire fight, only replying to our suggestion of moving out of the spit and to another platform with 'Huh?'. In the end its too much and he dies just before we down the 3rd set of tentacles and our respecced tank shares taunting with our main tank, we win. Afterwards this guy actually complains! Says healers weren't healing him :/

Our ignore list continues to grow..
Yoda of Borg am I. Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, I will.

Co-GM Dark Hearts, GM Wipes on Trash, Progression team member of Ebony (current), Hard CoR (disbanded) and Suicide Squad (disbanded), no RL since 2012!

-Davarian-
07.14.2013 , 11:57 PM | #535
Quote: Originally Posted by wishingwell View Post

...managing to kill Ortol with a nut-kick was strangely satisfying, however.
Haha, wishingwell, can I please use that as my Sig, absolutely love it
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: Originally Posted by wishingwell View Post

...managing to kill Ortol with a nut-kick was strangely satisfying.

Lord_Erman
07.15.2013 , 12:26 AM | #536
Okay you'll love this one:

Yesterday night, me and 2 other guildies enter groupfinder for a random sm ops. TfB pops up. I'm on my Vanguard tank. After I enter, I check the HPs of others; 22k dps, 23k dps, 27k tank... doesn't look too good but as long as they know what they're doing, it won't matter. Sadly that is not the case. Right at the first group of mobs everyone attacks everything, no CCs, no nothing, total chaos.

Long story short, we somehow manage to get to the first boss. Fight starts and she enrages at 7% (in story mode!), but goes down (somehow). Well, that boss normally doesn't enrage no matter how bad your gear is; this way or another the group kills it before enrage timer.

And just when I type "this group is hopeless" in gchat, my other guildie discovers that we're only 7. We are 2 tanks, 2 healers and 3 dps. Oh wait, where's the other dps dude? We look around and he's not here. Then we find out that he's on Alderaan!!! He's on freaking Alderaan!!! We tell him what the heck he's doing there and tell him to come over here asap and he says he doesn't know how to come!!!

But is that all? Of course not! Even one of your dps is on Alderaan(!!!!), you can kill the boss within the enrage timer. Then we discover one other issue; our Shadow dps is actually a tank! In tanking gear even! We first ask him if he's aware that he's a tank and he says "yes".

I tell him in ops chat "dude I've seen many dps que'ing as tank, but this is the first time I see a tank que'ing as dps". You know what he says? He says "my dps isn't bad".

So the group kills the first boss with 3 tanks and 2 dps while the other dps was on Alderaan. After that point I say "since we have 3 tanks here, 1 of us can drop and that will be me" and leave and save me like 100k repair bills.
Errtai - Jedi Sentinel
<Twin Suns Squadron> - The Red Eclipse

wishingwell
07.15.2013 , 09:59 AM | #537
Quote: Originally Posted by -Davarian- View Post
Haha, wishingwell, can I please use that as my Sig, absolutely love it
Sure thing.

pan_sObak
07.16.2013 , 05:25 AM | #538
well, last weekend run as a healer in a 50HM flashpoint - maelstorm or false emperor
PUG with 3 other 55 persons

our tank vanguard was in full 69 or higher
but he was killed in 3 seconds on first pull, we do not wiped then
next pull - he just survived but i got agro and was killed
next pull - tank is killed again and one of the dps and i got agro but we did it

then i have a look at his buffs - he has plasma cell on him!
then i have a better look at his stats - he was full dps!
no shield, no piece of defense

i asked him to switch cell - no attention
asked him twice, three more times

before the second boss (so it was a false emperor HM - boss was a mandolorian with his starship :-)) i stood and refused to go further before anyone replys to me!
and i got an answer at last - "do not waste my time!"

i understand that it's just a 50HM not NiM Ops
but running in false role ignoring other players and being an ******e - it's inexcusable

i rage quit the group and return to my daylies :-(
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 60, Jugg 60, Sorc 60, Sin 60, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 60

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 500, Syth 500

Atramar
07.16.2013 , 05:46 AM | #539
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
well, last weekend run as a healer in a 50HM flashpoint - maelstorm or false emperor
PUG with 3 other 55 persons

our tank vanguard was in full 69 or higher
but he was killed in 3 seconds on first pull, we do not wiped then
next pull - he just survived but i got agro and was killed
next pull - tank is killed again and one of the dps and i got agro but we did it

then i have a look at his buffs - he has plasma cell on him!
then i have a better look at his stats - he was full dps!
no shield, no piece of defense
[...]
i understand that it's just a 50HM not NiM Ops
but running in false role ignoring other players and being an ******e - it's inexcusable

i rage quit the group and return to my daylies :-(
wow. just wow. 3 seconds in full 69 gear? I tank this flashpoint very often on my healer (lol) , he had to be really really bad. L55 dps in tank SPEC even with no tank gear (but dps 69s augmented) should be fine. unless you know.. stupid.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Screaming_Ziva
07.16.2013 , 07:49 AM | #540
My favorite had to be when I started tanking FPs. At level 44 I got into a group and there was only a single big heal coming through (usually when I was around 20% health). At that point I realized the heal sorc was specced as DPS but queued as heals. After we wiped on HK, I asked him if he was specced for heals. He then said "nobody specs for heals before level 50." Next he proceeded to tell me that if I was actually wearing armor, I wouldn't be taking so much damage. Here is a pic of my tank:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9817/v472.jpg

He wears pretty much all covert armor but the sorc didn't even both to inspect me. He just figured I was only wearing pants and that was it.