Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
08.29.2014 , 09:19 AM | #4541
Quote: Originally Posted by BigBreakfast View Post
Ahaha, that's funny. Sometimes people just don't think it through.

For example, was in a TC way back. The guild running it was asking people to get in voice, and waiting on them. I mean c'mon that's not necessary.. even for first timers, TC is easy: when you hear the siren, move up the stairs. But some guilds are so used to saying, "Please get in voice. You don't need to talk, just need to listen", that they'll push it anywhere.
Funnily enough I had a group like yesterday asking me to get into TS for DP SM, which while completely unnecessary I joined anyway, then they started handing out parsec details... yes for a SM GF run.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

BobFredJohn's Avatar


BobFredJohn
08.29.2014 , 09:51 AM | #4542
Taral V run im on my sent

Theres sage healer, vang tank and gunslinger dps

The sage says they want to kill all the beasties in the jungle (you know, those ones which you can run past right the way up to the first boss) but none of us are in a rush, so why not.

First pull everything is fine and dandy

second pull I get my 30-stack, wait for my cauterise to come off CD, pop zen, cauterise, then carry on attacking (this is pretty much how I always use my centering, wait for cauterise then zen/burn).

Third pull I get centered again, so do it again. However this time after the pull:
Sage: "you just dps, ill cover the healing"
nobody answers as none of us know what they are going on about, as far as us 3 are concerned we aren't healing

Fourth pull, I zen/cauterise again, after the pull:
Sage: "just dps <my name> don't bother healing"
Me: "that is dps, the healing is a side effect of my auto-crits"
Sage: "stop f**king healing"

Fifth pull im out of centering, however on the sixth I zen/cauterise again:
Sage: "you stupid noob stop healing"
Me: "Its a side effect of my crits"
Now this is where it gets wierd....the tank throws a vote kick on me, reason "not dps". It goes through. Nice little bit at the end though, during my 30-second countdown the gunslinger pipes up "what? hes watchman spec you idiots, sorry mate".
"people often state that something offends them as if it gives them special rights, it doesn't. Your offended? So what?" - Stephen Fry
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

thewitchdoctor's Avatar


thewitchdoctor
08.29.2014 , 09:54 AM | #4543
That's awesome, BFJ. Awesomely horrendous, that is!
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: 55 Carnage Marauder - 55 Madness Assassin
Tanks: 55 Powertech - 55 Guardian
Heals: 55 Sage

Slugamaniac's Avatar


Slugamaniac
08.29.2014 , 12:23 PM | #4544
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
Taral V run im on my sent

Theres sage healer, vang tank and gunslinger dps

The sage says they want to kill all the beasties in the jungle (you know, those ones which you can run past right the way up to the first boss) but none of us are in a rush, so why not.

First pull everything is fine and dandy

second pull I get my 30-stack, wait for my cauterise to come off CD, pop zen, cauterise, then carry on attacking (this is pretty much how I always use my centering, wait for cauterise then zen/burn).

Third pull I get centered again, so do it again. However this time after the pull:
Sage: "you just dps, ill cover the healing"
nobody answers as none of us know what they are going on about, as far as us 3 are concerned we aren't healing

Fourth pull, I zen/cauterise again, after the pull:
Sage: "just dps <my name> don't bother healing"
Me: "that is dps, the healing is a side effect of my auto-crits"
Sage: "stop f**king healing"

Fifth pull im out of centering, however on the sixth I zen/cauterise again:
Sage: "you stupid noob stop healing"
Me: "Its a side effect of my crits"
Now this is where it gets wierd....the tank throws a vote kick on me, reason "not dps". It goes through. Nice little bit at the end though, during my 30-second countdown the gunslinger pipes up "what? hes watchman spec you idiots, sorry mate".
As my main is a watchman as well I got a hearty gaufaw out of this post.
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

Cox_The_Beast's Avatar


Cox_The_Beast
08.29.2014 , 12:31 PM | #4545
Today I had my first random GF Op. With that I mean, that I ACTUALLY got an instant GF pop for DP while queuing for FPs.
I forgot to uncheck the option, but tbh I never bothered until now, since hte chances to actually get a pop of that kind are so tremendously low it felt pointless...

Not a bad run though, we actually cleared it all till the last boss excluded. We had a melee heavy team, 2 Guardian Tanks, me being one, 2 Combat Sents and 2 Vigilance Guardians. Healers were a Commando and a Sage. Gear was more and less on par. I was the most geared with my 180 earpiece, belt and bracers. Rest was 162 with set bonus and 168 without it. 156 hilt, but that's it.

Still, as we entered and I inspected the others I noticed gear was at the recommended lvl. No overgeared ppl, no undergeared. Proper stats used. Which is good. No set bonuses at all apart from me and the healers, but no biggie. Most were first timers, only me, a DPS Guardian and the healers ran it before... And I was on my DPS Sorc.

At any rate, as we entered and becan clearing the Dread Guards around, I noticed the other tank had a tendency to hold up quite well, only to drop in seconds after that. So I whispered the healers to keep an eye for that, because I rarely needed heals at all, unlike him. Guess set bonus does make a difference...

As we arrived to Bestia, me and the Commando went to explaining tactics. Others were careful to what we said, and they did their best to direct the fight the way we told them to. Bestia went down in a breeze. I never dropped below 40%, which for a tank with gear on par with the content is quite good. Other tank kept dropping after apparently getting no dmg, but I assumed he burned his CD together to last that way. As long as hte healers don't get overstressed healing him, I guess it's fine, so I stay silent. He actually played well though, he never lost aggro to anyone but me, the few times I taunted off him to allow Healers to heal him.

More clearing, then Styrak. The fight was explained once again and we made it quite well, considered how most never tryed it before. We had a couple of "Oh S**t" moments when Simplification hit both tanks at once a couple of times, but we managed. Taunt, walk away and Force Leap work wonders there...

More clearing and we get to Calphayus. Now, I DPSed the fight before and saw a few videos regarding it, so I know what's supposed to happen. The issue we faced and that nade us wipe was, that when we reached the last phase, where someone has to grab the Seed of Knowledge - whichin this case was me - and to plant it on the altar where you begin hte fight.
Well, as I returned there Calphayus was standing in front of the throne, waiting. Both portals were there too, so I assumed it was a glitch of sorts. I walked around him, which took painfully long, and tried to plant. Nope, altar not usable. As I tried moving one step closer, Calphayus attacked me and one shot me. Admittedly, I was not at a good health level, and I burned my Focused Defence already. So I died. The team wiped because Calphayus enraged, or so they told me. We were still good time wise, so that enrage was unexpected.
After that, though, we respawned and tryed again. This time it went well. No issues whatsoever.

Now, Raptus was interesting. We wiped two times there, but again, no biggie. I tanked most of hte fight myself, and let the other Tank taunt if I was on CD with taunts or low on health. For some reason, we failed at least 1 Challenge each time, though I have no idea which one it was... The buff Raptus got was the one that reflects 2.5% of dmg per stack.
Still, I got challenged every single time. And kiting as a Guardian is a pain, if the boss is as fast as Raptus... A couple of times I found myself hope my Guard would trigger Expeditious Protector.
When we downed him though, I found myself dead at the entrance. I assume his throw ups may have messed things up somehow, because he used them continously. Damn, not even my Sundering Strike has such a short CD...
Still, with only me down, the team managed to kill him. We lost a Sent though, right before hte last attempt. DC. ANd after 10 mins he didn't return, so we kicked and asked others to queue for DP. Replacement was a Gunslinger. A frail one. HP and such seemed ok, but he got oneshot on every attempt to kite Raptus on the Dread Council fight.

Now, the last boss we didn't manage to down, but we had a couple of interesting episodes.
The first attempt after me and the Commando explaining tactics goes bad because the Gunslingers gets in cover shooting at Raptus. And dies 2 times in less than 10 seconds. With no interesting targets close to him, Raptus goes straight to me, while I tank Calphayus. Now the two are totally impossible to keep together: Raptus needs to be kited, Calphayus needs to be moved slowly and continously. Obviously, we wipe.
Second one, Gunslinger tries to kite, but runs too close to me as I masstaunt to intercept a few of Styrak's Thundering Blasts to ease the Healer's job keeping themselves up. Again, both on me, I die. Gunslinger dies, we all die.
Third try, we actually pass phase one, very tightly. We die because the Gunslinger forgets to get the crystal to the side, Brontes' one. But again, first time for him too. So no biggie.
The last two attempts went surprisingly well, we actually downed Brontes and Styrak and were close to last phase both times. Only once Calphayus was brought under 30%. Which obviously caused a wipe. And the last one... Well, our Sage was pushed back a few meters by Raptus' arch attack. And he died stuck in there, standing. No battle rez possible, for whatever reason. Our Commando did his best to keep us up, to no avail. He died the same way moments later. Then the DPS, one after another. Then the other Tank. Alone against them, I decided to have abit of fun, repair bill being what it was already, and kited them till enrage arrived. Styrak helped a lot, positioning every time where I needed to jump to increase the distance.

All in all, even though we called it off after that, I had a lot of fun there. 4 first timers, a Tank that never tanked that Op before (me), gear on par with the Op itself, and still we had a lot of fun together, joking over the wipes and so on. Wish I could see this more often. And I don't mean just the GF pop for Op...
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.

griephswalder's Avatar


griephswalder
08.29.2014 , 04:33 PM | #4546
So I queued up for the RedReaper on my vanguard (Crad, Begeren Colony). I get paired with a slinger, a guardian tank, and a sage healer that was named "Givingbirth" or something like that. I normally wouldn't mind, except I noticed that he said he was giving birth with a few ahhhhh-s about seven times. He was jumping on top of several people and yelled "maamaA p@nis" every boss fight. He also just HAD to be "inside" people he was healing. He needed all of the loot. He also sat on darth ikorals corpse when we finished. I put him on ignore.
Begeren Colony

Crad, Level 54 Trooper Vanguard
Etheric, Level 53 Jedi Guardian

DataBeaver's Avatar


DataBeaver
08.30.2014 , 06:50 AM | #4547
Met a bunch of jerks last night. I queued on all types of flashpoints on my healer sorc for the conquest points. A [HARD] Flashpoint immediately pops, and the dialog says it's in progress. Okay, that may be a bad sign, but I decide to accept anyway and see how it goes. I zone in and offer a greeting, which elicits a response in Spanish. All of the other players also have Spanish-sounding names, and once I catch up, I see they are all in the same guild with a clearly Spanish name. Role markers are not visible on portraits, but only one of them has a class with a tank spec.

The flashpoint goes very quickly, with all of us being level 55 and well-geared. I hardly even need to heal. However, as soon as we reach the bonus boss, I'm removed from the group. Not vote-kicked, but removed by the group leader. I don't get why they even bothered to string me along since they could have killed all of the bosses by themselves. IIRC one of the DPS even had off-heals. Thanks for wasting 15 minutes of my time, jerks.

I queue again and get a HM Czerka Core, in which we absolutely devastate the enemies and complete the FP in record time. I also get my 25 clear achievements from that run.

Memo-'s Avatar


Memo-
08.30.2014 , 02:19 PM | #4548
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
I'm removed from the group. Not vote-kicked, but removed by the group leader. I don't get why they even bothered to string me along since they could have killed all of the bosses by themselves. IIRC one of the DPS even had off-heals. Thanks for wasting 15 minutes of my time, jerks.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain group leaders can't do **** in GF instances. Only way to get rid of someone is vote kick.
Delarah | Stilva | Ethawn | Luccia<Lice-Ridden Banthas>Tenori | Weimar | Baritoni | Altto
Maliris | Faris | Jauhe | Sopraano<Reilukerho>Všli | Rai'chu | Bas'so | Sakků
   The Lihavuori LegacyTomb of Freedon Nadd

SkyLordJaden's Avatar


SkyLordJaden
08.30.2014 , 05:30 PM | #4549
Quote: Originally Posted by CaraExas View Post
Weirdest people i meet in group finder, are the ones who think that HM 55's and SM OPs are the places to get geared up. Yes this is very true.

However, not then you have (40) mods in.

seriously...seen dudes have lvl 39 gear...thinking HM's were the place to be.

Also...non role dependent FP's has been a nightmare for me...kuat...never again...it wasn't the content...2 dozen runs...everyone of them filled with a dozen or more aggroed mobs...for no reason other then everyone wants to be an individual and run off and do their own thing.

Esseles and Black Talon when rolling a new toon, oh for the love of the force...sure enough...every run, one guy never chooses the convo options dragging the whole thing out.

and the social retard...who is just a retard who doesnt research how to gear their toon, who doesnt figure out how to do anything but spam their basic attack, and they never respond to you in chat when you try to give them pointers, like "hey, you're a tank, use your taunt."....or the person who queues as healer or tank...and they are really a dps...

PUGs are like drinking, you get to a point were you say "never again will i get that drunk". but eventually...........
Tbh swtor was my first mmo and thankfully some of my experienced friends joined me by my mid thirties. I didn't know about gearing or rotations or have a proper skill tree...or the fact that mara's wear strength gear but it was ok because I was just facerolling through normal story content no pvp, fps, heroics, nothing. After about 35 I got smart and learned th game and now I'm no longer super noob but just that guy that kinda knows what he's doing but the point is I can understand social ******* because mmos are unlike normal video games and I used to suck too

jedimasterjac's Avatar


jedimasterjac
08.30.2014 , 06:27 PM | #4550
Quote: Originally Posted by Memo- View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain group leaders can't do **** in GF instances. Only way to get rid of someone is vote kick.
You're correct. Group leader is equal in power to every other group member when through group finder.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.