Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

BobFredJohn
08.23.2014 , 01:16 PM | #4471
Just had an interesting SM atheiss run on my scoundrel healer.

Guardian tank, shadow dps and commando dps. We jump down the hole as no1 has slicing, myself and the commando are rather ahead of the other 2. We set off towards the explosives and I wait for the other 2. Commando doesn't and pulls so I keep him alive and the other 2 join in after.

After the fight the commando makes a comment about "you want the trooper to do it all? lol". I point out it was his choice to pull. I then notice our tank is in shien, I bring it up politely and the tank says "I find everything easier in this form, even tanking". Well he seems confident so I just say "ok, we will see how it goes" (tbh aggro is all over the place and every fight is a shambles but nobody dies so no real issues).

However the commando gets worse as the mission goes on. Pulling ahead of the tank, breaking cc and chainpulling. However I manage to keep us all alive despite the stupidity.

The real problem comes in the commando's attitude. The tank asks multiple times to be allowed to pull first, The shadow and myself ask him not to break the cc's we had used to skip every trash pull in the jungle area and not to pull extra groups while we are already in a fight. He comes out with crap like "lol nobody died" (the tank attributed this to me, how nice of him), "if you want to pull first then go faster", "no need to use recharge and reload, the healer should do their job better", "who cares what you cc'ed, I attack what I want".

Now this bloke is clearly new, hes level 20 and his buff only adds fortification. Therefore I make a comment along the lines of "I don't mind playing alongside new people, or advising them, just don't be so rude". The three of us now need to put up with a s**tstorm of abuse in the chat about how he has been playing 3 years, since launch, and has 2 lvl 55's and a lvl 43 (I didn't bother pointing out thats worse than my character list after 10 months) and he is really pro (I check his achievements and he's definitely new).

Get to the beast of vodal fight, the commando tunnel visions the boss completely ignoring adds. After the fight the tank asks the commando if they know roles and what they do. Yet another s**tstorm about how pro this guy is and he hates running with us noobs. Us three all out-shout him in group chat about if we are all happy to carry a noob through stuff. We all agree to just continue carrying him the rest of the way.

Being a scoundrel, and as we have shadow in the group too we decide to stealth cc our way through the champs. The commando is not happy with this, he attacks them all, we never ever get to fight 1 at once, its always 2, sometimes 3.

We finally get to the boss after the commando having now pulled the entire map, all enemies in the forest and all the champions. At the final boss the commando doesn't move out of the fire, I cba healing through it as mr "3 years pro" should really know how to deal with this. He dies and fills the chat with how we don't know how to play. The tank says something similar to what I was thinking "how can someone who has played for 3 years not know the mechanics of this fight?" The three of us kill the boss, commando ninja's all the loot. We all start to exit area when the commando returns to med centre, realises he is still in the mission and asks how to get out. The tank gets in one more "three years and you don't know that?" before we all exit.

Why can new people not just admit they are new and ask for help? Rather than pretend they know it all, do everything wrong then abuse anyone who offers advice.
Imp: Vehird - Edekzun - Zathar - Sketkhit

Rep: Arraken - Nemida - Xiannagne - Jutwor

Xakthul
08.23.2014 , 02:05 PM | #4472
An early morning pain in my Athiss:

Two DPS who would pull ahead of my Guardian at every opportunity. Only thing that kept us alive was the healer, but we never wiped. The two DPS, a Sent and a Shadow, never talked or acknowledged anything, except for the Sent whining about the fact that I was guarding him. Votekicks failed because the healer didn't want to kick them ("patience, they're learning')

Being too low level for taunt, I was pretty much stuck aggroing only the boss, and relying on the Sent and Shadow to kill the adds before they got the healer. I killed the doctor by running down the hallway and throwing Blade Storm and Freeze at her, because the Sent decided to only jump to things I had already aggroed. He was pulling aggro off me, because he had a 10-15 second head start, and I had no taunts. The healer, bless her soul, was constantly healing me because the Sent decided to test just how far Guard could take his health before I died. The Sent never took damage, allowing the healer to get knocked down to 20% before he'd even touch the mobs around her.

Meanwhile, I had the Shadow just following the sent and taking a very rare potshot at a mob or two, and then running away.

TL;DR: Lazy Shadow, Tauntless Me, Oblivious Sent, and Overly Patient Sorc Healer.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Ryuku-sama
08.23.2014 , 02:40 PM | #4473
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
An early morning pain in my Athiss:

Two DPS who would pull ahead of my Guardian at every opportunity. Only thing that kept us alive was the healer, but we never wiped. The two DPS, a Sent and a Shadow, never talked or acknowledged anything, except for the Sent whining about the fact that I was guarding him. Votekicks failed because the healer didn't want to kick them ("patience, they're learning')

Being too low level for taunt, I was pretty much stuck aggroing only the boss, and relying on the Sent and Shadow to kill the adds before they got the healer. I killed the doctor by running down the hallway and throwing Blade Storm and Freeze at her, because the Sent decided to only jump to things I had already aggroed. He was pulling aggro off me, because he had a 10-15 second head start, and I had no taunts. The healer, bless her soul, was constantly healing me because the Sent decided to test just how far Guard could take his health before I died. The Sent never took damage, allowing the healer to get knocked down to 20% before he'd even touch the mobs around her.

Meanwhile, I had the Shadow just following the sent and taking a very rare potshot at a mob or two, and then running away.

TL;DR: Lazy Shadow, Tauntless Me, Oblivious Sent, and Overly Patient Sorc Healer.
You were odd too here... Not as odd as your Deeps tho. Tank get their single target taunt at lvl 16.. SO for HS... No reasons for you to not have it for Athiss. Sure you don't have your mass taunt tho...But you know what On a Guardian, Swelling Winds and Single Saber Mastery should be your priorities to get... So you can actually get some good AoE aggro with Sweep.
Finally back on Jung'Ma.
- The New Order -
Ela'iza - Sage Heal

FrozenGoalie
08.23.2014 , 03:53 PM | #4474
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
What I hate is when people trash talk those that are not on TS. There was one case I saw a few months back where some guy was in TS but the guild that was running it thought he wasn't, was pretty funny when they all went silent after he made the announcement he could actually hear them all
I had a sort of similar experience once. As my TS name wasn't my character name and I wasn't speaking, they were discussing my gear in TS without realizing I could hear them. They were just saying things like well I guess he can try but I don't know if he'll be able to do it. It wasn't anything bad, it was just amusing because when I typed in /ops that I was in TS. Basically just a stunned, "oh. Well okay then." At least it wasn't trash talk haha they were being perfectly polite, but it was funny.
The Starrunner Legacy
<A Slight Weapons Malfunction>
<No Such Thing As Luck>
The Ebon Hawk

FlyinSpaghetti
08.23.2014 , 05:05 PM | #4475
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
My ignore list get longer every day on Red Eclipse.

3 "tank" Assassins who spam Overload.
One of them was very interesting one:
- Level 48
- Only procs I spotted were Exploitative Strikes and Energize
- No Force Pull
- No Wither
- No Harnessed Darkness
- Kept Force Lightning on CD
Sorry but wither requires you put at least 36 points into darkness before you can access it, harness darkness requires 26 points. While most tanks would usually put all their points into darkness first you shouldn't expect it from a random in group finder at 48.

If you are going to flame someone's build for not being cookie cutter at least wait until they are level 55 before you criticize their methods.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

cefert
08.23.2014 , 06:19 PM | #4476
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
Just had an interesting SM atheiss run on my scoundrel healer.

Guardian tank, shadow dps and commando dps. We jump down the hole as no1 has slicing, myself and the commando are rather ahead of the other 2. We set off towards the explosives and I wait for the other 2. Commando doesn't and pulls so I keep him alive and the other 2 join in after.

After the fight the commando makes a comment about "you want the trooper to do it all? lol". I point out it was his choice to pull. I then notice our tank is in shien, I bring it up politely and the tank says "I find everything easier in this form, even tanking". Well he seems confident so I just say "ok, we will see how it goes" (tbh aggro is all over the place and every fight is a shambles but nobody dies so no real issues).

However the commando gets worse as the mission goes on. Pulling ahead of the tank, breaking cc and chainpulling. However I manage to keep us all alive despite the stupidity.

The real problem comes in the commando's attitude. The tank asks multiple times to be allowed to pull first, The shadow and myself ask him not to break the cc's we had used to skip every trash pull in the jungle area and not to pull extra groups while we are already in a fight. He comes out with crap like "lol nobody died" (the tank attributed this to me, how nice of him), "if you want to pull first then go faster", "no need to use recharge and reload, the healer should do their job better", "who cares what you cc'ed, I attack what I want".

Now this bloke is clearly new, hes level 20 and his buff only adds fortification. Therefore I make a comment along the lines of "I don't mind playing alongside new people, or advising them, just don't be so rude". The three of us now need to put up with a s**tstorm of abuse in the chat about how he has been playing 3 years, since launch, and has 2 lvl 55's and a lvl 43 (I didn't bother pointing out thats worse than my character list after 10 months) and he is really pro (I check his achievements and he's definitely new).

Get to the beast of vodal fight, the commando tunnel visions the boss completely ignoring adds. After the fight the tank asks the commando if they know roles and what they do. Yet another s**tstorm about how pro this guy is and he hates running with us noobs. Us three all out-shout him in group chat about if we are all happy to carry a noob through stuff. We all agree to just continue carrying him the rest of the way.

Being a scoundrel, and as we have shadow in the group too we decide to stealth cc our way through the champs. The commando is not happy with this, he attacks them all, we never ever get to fight 1 at once, its always 2, sometimes 3.

We finally get to the boss after the commando having now pulled the entire map, all enemies in the forest and all the champions. At the final boss the commando doesn't move out of the fire, I cba healing through it as mr "3 years pro" should really know how to deal with this. He dies and fills the chat with how we don't know how to play. The tank says something similar to what I was thinking "how can someone who has played for 3 years not know the mechanics of this fight?" The three of us kill the boss, commando ninja's all the loot. We all start to exit area when the commando returns to med centre, realises he is still in the mission and asks how to get out. The tank gets in one more "three years and you don't know that?" before we all exit.

Why can new people not just admit they are new and ask for help? Rather than pretend they know it all, do everything wrong then abuse anyone who offers advice.
I honestly don't know why some noob's pretend to be know it all's. Is it because they are too scared to admit they are new? Or is it simply because they are just trying to be show offs? .
Lvl 55 Juggernaut, Lvl 55 Marauder, Lvl 36 Sniper, Lvl 28 Assassin
Lvl 55 Sentinel, Lvl 11 Guardian. Server: The Harbinger
Guild: Once We Had Lives

BishopSMASH
08.23.2014 , 08:13 PM | #4477
Isn't teamwork grand?

Red Reaper, start out with a PT tank, an OP healer, a sorc dps and myself as PT dps. First two pulls go smoothly, then the healer just disappears. Gone, offline, not a word. I'm thinking uh oh, this'll be fun. Go through the next pull and take each down one at a time. After we go on the elevator I remember Mako and pull her out. The pull before the first boss is shaky, I end up AoE taunting 3 of the strongs to keep our tank alive. First boss goes surprisingly well, so I'm feeling better.

Next few pulls, nothing out of the ordinary, sorc knew how to use her CC so that lightened the load. One pull, 5 strongs and 1 elite, tank dies near the start. With some creative LoSing, CDs, Stuns, offheals, and a clutch legacy ability we clear it.

Next pulls to and after the 2nd boss go well, no problems there. As we get to the room with the holocron for archeologists, I was relieved our sorc had arch. In the middle, we manage to use some creative grapples and put em in position for the sorc to push em off. Same with the guys on the bridge (though our tank took a long walk off a short bridge there)

Final boss, goes well, then comes the lightning into adds part. He's targetting mako each time, so I put her on passive to bring her to position. Rinse and repeat and we kill the guy.

It's runs like those that just brighten your GF experience quite a bit, motivate you that "Yes, there are people out there with brains!" Shoutout to the tank Sodunzo and the Sorc Trayla, some really good work there if you're reading this.
Trek-Stek-55 Deception/Darkness Assassin. Lexaeus-55 Shieldtech Powertech : Harbinger/PoT5. ------ Paramount/Offensive Tactics ------
"NEED MOAR SLINGERS ZOMG"

LanaRyra
08.23.2014 , 09:16 PM | #4478
Was doing a SM hammer station this morning/early afternoon. Now, being the first unlocked real fp, I don't except very much at all. BUT.

Our guardian tank had no offhand at all he was just running without anything in the slot. I can't really call him a tank but really who is at 15-19. Our scoundrel 'healer' also kept pulling before everyone was around and then didn't bother to heal anyone at all, even when they were steadily at about 5% health and could have been saved. I would cc something so we didn't wipe and a few seconds later the cc would get broken by someone.

At the end of the fp when the other DPS finally spoke up about the scoundrel not healing, they claimed their heals wouldn't do much to someone at a higher level. They were level 17 and the other DPS was 19. So that was their defense for not healing.

I don't have many expectations, especially at this level, but come on. You're given a free offhand when you get an advanced class, and you can pop like at least one heal a fight to try and keep people up... This is why I typically stick with healing myself, but I wanted to level a gunslinger since I already have a scoundrel.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Estimated 16.7million people dealing with serious mental illness in the US alone each year. Estimated 400,000+ people subscribed to this game.
Guess some overlap was bound to happen eventually

azanimefan
08.23.2014 , 09:59 PM | #4479
Now i'm a bit of a n00b myself, but i'm not NEW to MMOs and cooperative team play, so I'm doing the first DS flashpoint The Black Talon, with a group of what looks like a bunch of vet players (they had some extremely good eq for their level)... never did it. the healer is some lightning bug sorc... but the player was nice and we were chit chatting before hand about this flashpoint while we waited for this lvl.20 something dps to get back from afk.

So i'm thinking "cool, two vets, two n00bs" this will go good. How wrong i was.

both "vets" are DPs, and both of them thought they were tankers or something because they didn't stop for anything, slow their pace for anything. They were insulting because me and the healer couldn't keep up or even knew what was happening. they selected need for EVERYTHING, neither of them needed the stuff they were selecting and rolling for. I mean they were kited out in top end eq, and they're needing/greeding every item drop.

I remember them belittling the healer whenever one of them fell, and all i could think is "its not the healer's fault you guys took off to the next fight while me and the healer were still dealing with the leftovers from the previous two fights. Personally i thought the healer was superb for a n00b... she stuck by the tanker, didn't accrue agro, kept the two dps idiots alive as well as she could. And those two *******es were sitting there calling us both names throughout and apparently insulting her in whispers.

Anyway as you could guess both of them died fighting the padawan (seriously... it took me 20 seconds to figure out how to fight her) then REFUSED to rejoin the fight, i think they did it on purpose, to "show us" how important they were or something. Anyway me and the sorc were able to finish off the padawan (it took forever) by ourselves, and of course one of the idiot dps won the roll for the drop.

Worse FP experience ever. Never went back to darkside after that. leveling on the jedi side of things right now.

Halinalle
08.23.2014 , 11:15 PM | #4480
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
If you are going to flame someone's build for not being cookie cutter at least wait until they are level 55 before you criticize their methods.
So, I can't even say anything about using Force Lightning as Assassin if you don't have even one stack of harnessed darkness. Yes, I know... I sometimes use TK Throw/FL at two stacks and feel bad about it but using it at 0 stacks...
That explains a lot... Like for example why I didn't have any issues to rip aggro from this "tank" as level 28 Darkness (I don't even have force cost reduction for Shock yet so it's a lot of basic attack spam between Thrash, Shock, Discharge bursts).

Quote: Originally Posted by azanimefan View Post
Worse FP experience ever. Never went back to darkside after that. leveling on the jedi side of things right now.
Was that level 10 version? If it was then there's no group roles at all. It was originally designed for two players without companions.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level 4
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P)