Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.02.2013 , 10:52 AM | #421
as I'm waiting for my ewok companion for my 2 low level (see signature, currently 31 lvl) toons, one tank one healer, imp and rep side, for sake of experiment, I'll be doing only flashpoints with them.
I'm exited to type new stories that can make it into this thread very soon, from personal expierence.

soon (tm)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

zzoorrzz's Avatar


zzoorrzz
07.02.2013 , 11:10 AM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
15. Tanks that don't know positioning. Again Hammer Station - tank in 63s/61s who didn't stay back to the wall when fighting bonus boss (and we told him tactics), tanks who don't pull Kreshan from side, making rest of party eat his cone attack.... Tanks who don't keep him back to the console, or are not even at the console, getting kicked out of the map

16. People who don't think and listen any class, any role.... Don't blow the barrels, when CCed mob is near them, don't use aoe, when half of pack is CCed, who don't wait till the walking mob leaves the pack, or for the patrol mob to come back in Athiss bonus boss, so we don't have to fight him and guardian champion at same time.
At this point, with a strong group fighting two of those lightsaber champions in Athiss means zero problem. It makes things faster though. waiting for patrols to go away etc. is waste of time in such cases.

zzoorrzz's Avatar


zzoorrzz
07.02.2013 , 11:46 AM | #423
HM Mandalorian raiders, tank seemed a bit undergeared, slightly over 20k hp. Rest of the team was strong though, the other 2 guys were from well known quality pve guild on my server, so it should be doable anyway I thought. In the end, it turned you to be one of the funniest FP runs I've been part of.

I didn't inspect the tank to look more closely at his gear, but the fact was that he died in seconds on numerous trash pulls during the whole thing. The second thing was that he almost didn't use taunts, at least I didn't notice it. I inspected his achievements halfway through the run and I found out that he never completed any HM 55 before, only killed 1 boss in all of them. The reason was obvious, he probably got kicked from all his former runs short after they started. I guess this time was his lucky day as all 3 other people in the group were probably in good mood or something, because nobody left, nobody even criticized him for his style of play during the entire run, just a few funny comments on the situation (not the player) throughout the run. Even though we suffered several wipes and the tank died even more times, we finished it including bonus boss.

The irony is that I think we all had more fun during this crazy run that we would have in a perfectly executed smooth run. I definitely wouldn't like to experience this every day though.

RenegadeRukus's Avatar


RenegadeRukus
07.02.2013 , 12:32 PM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Just ran with a group of 55's in hard mode false emperor who didn't know to interrupt unlimited power.
lol, was this in BC?

artikulieren's Avatar


artikulieren
07.02.2013 , 01:35 PM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
P.S. that talent that lets knockback for mercs/socras heal is pretty much a given. not because its that awesome (its pretty situational, but can be awesome when used well - especially at early levels, where you don't have the "piddle puddle" yet) but because there's nothing else to take really in order to unlock next talent tier.
I am firmly against it. Great to have in PvP, but so situational that even if you spec into it. You shouldn't be using it every single cooldown you get. Especially not if it entails knocking mobs out of melee DPS range or worse yet, out of AoE diameter/range. If you truly wanted to heal, you could drop a puddle or if you wanted to AoE, use Force Storm.

At low levels, it doesn't even heal for anything worth a crap. 1200 is the number I gave looking at my partial 69 geared Sorc. If DPS are taking so much damage that they need a sub-1k, heck even a sub-500 hp heal. They're gonna die any way, and your tank is either dead or really bad.

Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
as for colicoids mentioned earlier, for a moment I thought it was me, but we didn't wipe when I healed it from the middle, although on second turret I noticed my self that we had self healing and mine wasn't really needed. but it was first colicoid for all 4 of us, and our tank didn't leave :P
Your tank didn't leave because he didn't have to suffer an adamant imbecile. Also your tank was probably trained to handle sufferers of mental retardation. I'm not.

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
07.02.2013 , 02:18 PM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
P.S. that talent that lets knockback for mercs/socras heal is pretty much a given. not because its that awesome (its pretty situational, but can be awesome when used well - especially at early levels, where you don't have the "piddle puddle" yet) but because there's nothing else to take really in order to unlock next talent tier.
At least for sages/sorcs, this is just wrong. Here is the PvE heal spec that I use:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...rGhkZbc0MZoM.3

The only "optional" point I had to allocate to unlock salvation is in Humility, which because I stun things regularly, is quite useful. Everything else in the Seer tree should be required, as is the 7 points in TK, and at least 2 points in the balance tree for Will of the Jedi. You could make a case for Egress on certain fights (General Ortol, Dash'Roode HM). But the knockback heal is both unnecessary and actively harmful in the vast majority of cases in PvE.

At low levels, I could /maybe/ see taking it since your AoE healing options are pretty limited, and would be a bit more useful while soloing. But it could also be the start of a very bad habit.

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
07.02.2013 , 02:21 PM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
16. People who don't think and listen any class, any role.... Don't blow the barrels, when CCed mob is near them, don't use aoe, when half of pack is CCed, who don't wait till the walking mob leaves the pack, or for the patrol mob to come back in Athiss bonus boss, so we don't have to fight him and guardian champion at same time.
Barrels specifically should not be touched by anyone but the tank, because the damage they cause is threat on whoever blew them up...and that threat belongs on the tank.

Which leads me to...tanks should try to position packs (pull, push, w/e) around a barrel, *then* blow it up. So many tanks fight away from the barrels, making the pull longer and harder than it has to be.

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
07.02.2013 , 02:21 PM | #428
Quote: Originally Posted by Powerrmongerr View Post
Leaving as a tank is so satisfying. You know you are dooming them to queue-hell.
Perhaps I should roll a tank for PvE only... (Coming from a commando PvP'er )
Tanvir
Tier 1 commando Season 1 through 4
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Darth_Dreselus's Avatar


Darth_Dreselus
07.02.2013 , 03:45 PM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by artikulieren View Post
Here's another gem of an imbecile.


Met idiot on Collicoid War Games, someone died while on turret portion. Didn't understand why, then realised the moron wasn't on a turret. Instead he was in the middle healing people. Told him to get on turret, told me to shut up and that we needed heals to pass the area. I said we got auto-heals. Told me that's 'cause he was healing. I left the FP, they stayed in Q for 2 hours because I ignored him and they couldn't find a tank, despite me initiating a vote kick earlier on the fool moments before leaving.

Best e-malice feeling ever.
That simply means he did it pre nerf and not since (or not realised it was changed). The strat of aiming cannons through to middle and having healers stand on the 'engine' was very common back then.

Here is the patch note from 1.3
Players on plasma cannons are now healed slightly over time.

Also don't name players, this thread is too good to be taken down due to ToS violations.

As far as knockback heal goes: not needed and annoying in FPs. To die for in 16s and on NiM DG, crits for 3k+, is free, instant and no limit on people it hits.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

artikulieren's Avatar


artikulieren
07.02.2013 , 04:53 PM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Also don't name players, this thread is too good to be taken down due to ToS violations.

As far as knockback heal goes: not needed and annoying in FPs. To die for in 16s and on NiM DG, crits for 3k+, is free, instant and no limit on people it hits.
Let me clarify, I left the FP NOT because he was doing something stupid. But because he had the cheek to insist he was right despite obvious evidence he wasn't. And then to insinuate that without his crackpot healing, we wouldn't be able to complete it. Someone actually died at the very start when he pulled that stunt. I left during take 2.

Also, my bad. I named him because I truly feel he doesn't deserve any more FP queues. You can be new, and clueless and make mistakes. But insisting you're right when you're very wrong and taking an attitude on top of it all is unforgivable, and it's unforgivable because it's part of their inherent character. No amount of coaxing will change that.

About the knockback. I've not had the pleasure of doing real 16ms aside from easy-mode HM/NiM KP and EV so I can't comment, but I can definitely see your point. But at least the majority here agree that in FPs, it's a stupid thing to have/do. There is hope yet.