Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

cefert
08.05.2014 , 05:19 PM | #4281
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
And most of them suck...
Which also makes me think that a lot of people prefer the mercenary over the powertech simply because the mercenary can dual wield. Which is why I think powertechs are becoming rare .
Lvl 55 Juggernaut, Lvl 55 Marauder, Lvl 36 Sniper, Lvl 28 Assassin
Lvl 55 Sentinel, Lvl 11 Guardian. Server: The Harbinger
Guild: Once We Had Lives

idnewton
08.05.2014 , 06:05 PM | #4282
Quote: Originally Posted by cefert View Post
Which also makes me think that a lot of people prefer the mercenary over the powertech simply because the mercenary can dual wield. Which is why I think powertechs are becoming rare .
Yeah, it's probably that more than anything else honestly.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +28,000

cefert
08.05.2014 , 06:55 PM | #4283
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Yeah, it's probably that more than anything else honestly.
This is also why a lot of people prefer the marauder over the juggernaut. Some people simply think that ''ooh if it can wield two pistols or two lightsabers its obviously way better than the class that can only wield one weapon''. I will stop my little rant now and let this thread get back on topic .

TACeMossie
08.05.2014 , 07:27 PM | #4284
This is also why a lot of people prefer the marauder over the juggernaut. Some people simply think that ''ooh if it can wield two pistols or two lightsabers its obviously way better than the class that can only wield one weapon''. I will stop my little rant now and let this thread get back on topic .
I actually made my scoundrel because I couldn't give a damn about 2 guns and I wanted a shotgun :P
Kwerty, Level 60 Vanguard on The Harbinger
Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide

Xakthul
08.06.2014 , 12:20 AM | #4285
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
I actually made my scoundrel because I couldn't give a damn about 2 guns and I wanted a shotgun :P
I roll a lot of scounds, because the scrapper graphics and the stealth graphics look pretty cool.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Gyronamics
08.06.2014 , 01:40 AM | #4286
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
I'd never play a scoundrel for that very reason.

Pulling a shotgun out of your *** to shoot someone else in their *** then stashing it away in your *** again... just isn't my thing.

Disagreements on scoundrels anal storage should be started with a picture demonstrating where exactly on the exterior of a scoundrel this shotgun is kept.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

thewitchdoctor
08.06.2014 , 04:47 AM | #4287
Kinda like where 'Ol Gobber keeps that pipe when not beating ugnaughts with it!
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: Carnage Marauder - Gunslinger - Sage
Tanks: Guardian - Juggernaut - Powertech - Assassin

PLynkes
08.06.2014 , 05:18 AM | #4288
I guess Captain Jack from Doctor Who was a Scoundrel, then...

Jack: Now hold on, ladies, I don't want to have to shoot either one of you.
Trin-E: But you're unarmed!
Zu-Zana: You're naked! But...that's a compact laser deluxe!
Trin-E: Where were you hiding that?!
Jack: You really don't wanna know.

cefert
08.06.2014 , 11:37 AM | #4289
This took place a little while ago , though not weird but I found it annoying

I was on my darkness specced sith sin tanking mando raiders sm. The group consisted of a jug dps, mara dps and an operative healer. So everything is going swell and okay but up until about a little bit of the way through the fp I notice that our jug dps is now starting to pull ahead of me. I thought to my self that he probably thinks I'm going to slow but IMO I think I tank at a pretty decent pace.

We get to the first boss and I notice the jug dps has pulled ahead of me on the boss. So I jump in put dark ward on and away I go... I use discharge to grab aggro off the jug dps and we down the boss no problem. After the boss fight I asked the jugg via a whisper why he pulled ahead of me and I got no response. So on the next mob the jugg dps pulls ahead of me again. I warn him via a whisper to stop pulling ahead of me.

Fast forward to the boarding party bosses and before I can put target markers on the bosses the jugg dps pulls ahead of me again. After we down the boarding party I yell at the jug via group chat to stop pulling ahead of me but that does not do anything...

Now we get to the second last mob in the fp (the one before the 2 gold turrets). We were going to fight this mob because the mara dps and the healer wanted to do the bonus boss and as soon as I go to activate dark ward the jugg dps pulls ahead of me again.

I am now really annoyed at this point so after we down the mob I threaten the jugg dps with a vote kick if he keeps up what he is doing and miraculously the jugg finally knocks it off and stops pulling ahead of me and we finish the fp with ease.

Give me your feedback folks was I being a bit too harsh? or being a bit too extreme?

EranofArcadia
08.06.2014 , 11:50 AM | #4290
Give me your feedback folks was I being a bit too harsh? or being a bit too extreme?
Well, if he were a Mara you would have been out of line because by definition the Mara is the true leader of the group, and has responsibility for pulling. But he was just a Jugg so you were fine. If he wanted to be taken seriously, he would have gotten another lightsaber.
The Nera Legacy - BC