Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Xakthul
08.04.2014 , 05:28 AM | #4241
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Honorary Admiral/Imperial Forward Commander = bad player ?
KDY rep is a faceroll. So, I have little respect for people who have KDY pretty far up, with nothing else on their Rep sheet.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

BlackflameSeven
08.04.2014 , 06:35 AM | #4242
I think I encountered the player the most addicted to Mortar Volley over the weekend.

Battle of Ilum, SM, everyone's around level 50, so we all want xp. There's a quick discussion on how much we want to do, decision is to complete all bosses and the bonus, but not worry too much about the rest. Off we go, nuking the odd group, but with my shadow tank and a scoundrel healer, we try to sneak past the odd group.

We had started the run as pessimists, the commando dps announced he was playing with a broken wrist, I confessed that this would be my first timing tanking on a shadow for a year (started a new one a few weeks back...), and the healer claimed it wouldn't be worth his time healing. No one takes it seriously and off we go, skipping the first few groups until near the guns for the bonus. At least that's the plan.

The commando ignores the short cut by the exhaustion zone and left behind, Mortar Volleys the group by the first stairs. The rest of us rush back, pulling the second stair lot in the process, but he's already dead, we clear up and res him. We clear the groups to get to the guns, and go to stealth past another group. Again, on his own, behind the group, he Mortar Volleys the pack, cc'd included. And this sets the pattern.

He seemed to have this incredible need to use his aoe on anything we cc'd. At one point, the scoundrel cc'd a single mob so we could all head up one of the snowy paths unimpeded, and I glance back. There he is, Mortar Volleying the single, sleeping mob. By now I was fascinated, I didn't want to ask why, I just kept testing it. Anything I cc'd would get that volley on it's head, the last time I tried was the marauder in the pack around the last but one boss. The moment I cc'd, before I have even targeted the boss, the green circles are up, and the volley is scattering the pack. It was as if he took a cc as a command to attack that moment, and specifically that target, but with the biggest shot in his arsenal.

His responses to the odd question made me think his english wasn't that great, his guild name looked eastern european in language, so I didn't ask why, just finished the run in a sense of bafflement. No wipes, no meaningful problems, the only death was the commando's at the very start. Just weird.

thewitchdoctor
08.04.2014 , 06:58 AM | #4243
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Wrong. I've leveled my gunslinger mainly through KDY.
Look, I'm not trying to start anything here, but, since this isn't the first time you have proceeded to 'pick this fight,' I feel compelled to ask.

You KNOW the comment isn't directed at you, so, why do you seem to be hellbent on taking personal offence to it?
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.

BobFredJohn
08.04.2014 , 07:24 AM | #4244
On the subject of KDY, I am always dismayed at how many people do ONLY KDY.

I have got bored of KDY (actually got bored of it a long time ago) and pretty much stopped doing it once I hit legend standing, as I now have no use for it.

As such when leveling I now just stick myself on gf for all available FP's constantly, causing my vanguard to hit lvl 46 while still doing class missions on nar shadaa, my scoundrel hitting 31 before leaving coruscant. however my dps are often left waiting for a group pop for 10 or 15 minutes even at low level, often reaching into the 60 minute mark at endgame. Sometimes I get bored of waiting for real fp and add myself onto KDY aswell - Instant pop every time.

A real mission with proper fights against enemies of a suitable standard seems to be disliked by the majority of the community, yet running round the same few scenarios killing things too weak to fight back is fun? I have now pretty much stopped playing as dps classes, im fed up of TFP's (even the lvl 55 ones are unerringly tedious).

I just wish they would lower the exp output of TFP's to be lower than real FP. An easier mission should give less exp/hour. This way people may actually start doing proper missions and, as a side effect learn their class before hitting lvl 55.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

thewitchdoctor
08.04.2014 , 08:03 AM | #4245
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
I just wish they would lower the exp output of TFP's to be lower than real FP ... This way people may actually start doing proper missions and, as a side effect learn their class before hitting lvl 55.
While I would appreciate that outcome as well, I fear that would undercut one purpose of KDY (and the other TFP) which is to give DPS a FP that doesn't leave them in a long queue.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.

BobFredJohn
08.04.2014 , 08:11 AM | #4246
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
While I would appreciate that outcome as well, I fear that would undercut one purpose of KDY (and the other TFP) which is to give DPS a FP that doesn't leave them in a long queue.
Fair point. I have just noticed how my post about how aweful TFP is can instead be a story about there not being many healers/tanks.

Although IMO I think you cut the most important sentence of the bit you quoted. Ofc DPS need a place to go to level, but should the exp/hour be better than everywhere else?

And ofc im biased as I find the easy content (made easy for the reason you stated, so DPS actually have a chance) tedious. I reckon TFP could be made tougher (with exp to match the difficulty) without making it impossible for DPS groups.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

BigBreakfast
08.04.2014 , 09:15 AM | #4247
"KDY Graduate" is a state of mind. It jokingly refers to brand new players who have a skewed concept of how to play because they've only ever leveled through KDY.

If you know how to play, and decide to level up a new alt through KDY, it does NOT mean you are a KDY Grad. Even if you wear the title.

idnewton
08.04.2014 , 09:57 AM | #4248
Is this really worth debating?

In the grand scheme of things, being a KDY 'pro' really doesn't mean anything at all.

Chances are that you still suck.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

EranofArcadia
08.04.2014 , 10:11 AM | #4249
Why I like KDY, besides the fact that it's the most efficient, optimal, synergistic way to maximize my XP gain:

1. I like doing group content, but I play at odd times and am not super sociable, so I don't have guildies to accompany. At least half of my alts aren't even IN a guild.
2. Quick queue pops - I only have 1 alt that I run through GF that isn't a DPS.
3. (Related to the above) I often don't have a lot of time to play, and I have found that a KDY run will take anywhere from 30 minutes (if everyone is going all out on speed, and knows what they are doing) to a half hour (if we need to stop to heal a lot or someone goes AFK.) So I can start playing, knowing how many KDYs I am going to be able to do.
4. The mechanics are simple enough that they are fairly hard to mess up TOO badly. I mean, sometimes people make everyone miss the bonus because they are idiots who don't listen, but regular FPs can turn into a never-ending nightmare of wiping if people do that. KDY only does that on the droid boss, really.
5. The different scenarios/bosses turn something I have done like 200 times into something that's a little different each time.
6. I still have the chance to try out different techniques for playing my class - and the penalty for suboptimal play is not death, just slightly longer pulls.

That's why I spend so much time Kuating. And why I am unapologetic about it.
The Nera Legacy - BC

Dras_Keto
08.04.2014 , 11:12 AM | #4250
Quote: Originally Posted by krakadyla View Post
Blah/
Im not going to retype everything I said.

I will reiterate one thing though: either you cannot read or you only see what you want to. Either option makes your opinion on this or anything else irrelevant.