Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

BobFredJohn
07.24.2014 , 01:03 AM | #4101
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
Nah, I just never got over Quinn selling me out. My juggernaut's a tank, so I don't need a healer for dailies or anything. I like to imagine that at this point, Quinn's gone insane from the isolation.
Oh right, I haven't completed his conversation line/juggs story. The other reason I tend not to use Quinn (apart from the odd 1 or 2 occasions when heals my come in handy) is that I think Jeasa is really cool, shes happy for me to just click dark side options on everything, threaten and slaughter everything, just how I like doing things.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

thewitchdoctor
07.24.2014 , 04:54 AM | #4102
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
Quinn has been stuck on my ship for going on two years, not allowed to wear any pants. Pants are for crew members who don't annoy me.
I appreciate this reasoning. I really do!

I handled Quinn a little different. He is in 100% (empty, of course) cyborg CM shells. I burned that ****** to charred toast and have him rotting away since I cannot space him (or apparently hang him in carbonite in my GS). My one true nod to RP, I guess.

I hate Quinn.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.

BlackflameSeven
07.24.2014 , 07:41 AM | #4103
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
I appreciate this reasoning. I really do!

I handled Quinn a little different. He is in 100% (empty, of course) cyborg CM shells. I burned that ****** to charred toast and have him rotting away since I cannot space him (or apparently hang him in carbonite in my GS). My one true nod to RP, I guess.

I hate Quinn.
I've recently finished my third time through the sith warrior story, first female one, so I had it all planned in advance. Slept with Quinn, turned down his marriage offer in the most insulting way, then slept with Pierce. I still wanted to kill him but at least this time through I had given him a reason to behave the way he does...

mustopak
07.24.2014 , 10:26 AM | #4104
I know some people 1-man 55HMFP, but here's another case of us 3-manning the FP when the tank bailed on us.

Mando Raiders. Prior to first boss with two dogs, tank AFK'ed on phone. Then after 10 minutes waiting, he had to bail for work. SMH. I cycled between my Jaesa and Quinn as they're the only geared comps I have.

So we continued the FP. I tanked it with my Marauder, wiped at 1st try but got it at 2nd try. Boss down. Proceeded to second boss, I was having high doubt about it since we are tankless, but I managed to mara tank it and we got the 4 classes boss down. Proceeded to last boss, pulled Quinn out, and I was surprised I managed to tank it through the end. At the last pair of turrets, a tank finally joined the group LOL. We killed the last boss as the tank was still loading but yeah, too bad for the tank.

Maybe I should do more mara tanking in the future.
Raid Leader <The Ex-Dalborran Elitist>
Tired of carrying bads thru new GF changes.
--> My Drawings <--

bob-a
07.24.2014 , 11:03 AM | #4105
I was doing the Gree event yesterday on my scoundrel, in a raid killing the wampa world boss.
When the boss was around half health, there was a huge raid entering the cave (must have been 20 people or so), all from the same guild. They proceeded to taunt the boss and drag him out of the cave, until it reset. After that they stole our kill.
And the best part? This was a republic guild. Thats right: reps stealing a kill from fellow reps. Too bad we are not allowed to post names here but their guild name starts with an M and its on the Red Eclipse server.
I was so disgusted I logged over to my sniper immediately afterwards.
Also because I had already met them earlier that evening, in the pvp zone, where a couple of them were killing Republic players .

Guess a certain amount of douchebaggery is to be expected during and event like this, but this is ridiculous. Cant remember meeting ******s of this level last time the event was active

Funny thing was on both my scoundrel and my sniper I died a few times in the pvp zone while doing my quests, which can be expected. But not counting deaths outside the pvp zone (mostly during world boss farm) I only died from attacks from my own faction.
My scoundrel got killed a few times by that douchebag guild I mentioned earlier, and my sniper got killed by Imperials only.
Is this a new trend? Only killing people from your own faction rather than the enemy?

Damask_Rose
07.24.2014 , 11:09 AM | #4106
Quinn is my favorite companion by far. I'll take all of your unwanted Quinns and you all can have my unwanted Holidays, Kaliyos and Asharas. I'll even give you 2 for 1 deals.

jrwellworth
07.24.2014 , 11:21 AM | #4107
Quote: Originally Posted by bob-a View Post
I was doing the Gree event yesterday on my scoundrel, in a raid killing the wampa world boss.
When the boss was around half health, there was a huge raid entering the cave (must have been 20 people or so), all from the same guild. They proceeded to taunt the boss and drag him out of the cave, until it reset. After that they stole our kill.
And the best part? This was a republic guild. Thats right: reps stealing a kill from fellow reps. Too bad we are not allowed to post names here but their guild name starts with an M and its on the Red Eclipse server.
Also because I had already met them earlier that evening, in the pvp zone, where a couple of them were killing Republic players .

Guess a certain amount of douchebaggery is to be expected during and event like this, but this is ridiculous. Cant remember meeting ******s of this level last time the event was active

Funny thing was on both my scoundrel and my sniper I died a few times in the pvp zone while doing my quests, which can be expected. But not counting deaths outside the pvp zone (mostly during world boss farm) I only died from attacks from my own faction.
My scoundrel got killed a few times by that douchebag guild I mentioned earlier, and my sniper got killed by Imperials only.
Is this a new trend? Only killing people from your own faction rather than the enemy?
Ouch man, that is really really low, taking a wb kill from a group, I can't say I've seen that level of scum in the game before. Worse? yes. But that is on a level apart from gb theives and trolls.

As to your second complaint, there is no faction in the free for all zone man. That is why everyone is red, and red means dead. I don't understand why people think there needs to be a code of chivelry or some sht in a free for all. Go grab some friends and kill em back. I say this as a full time pve player, who minors in pvp.

Have fun.
Sandari-65 (kinetic combat) +more <Aeternium Ascension> Dread Slayer

SHADOWLANDS

wainot-keel
07.24.2014 , 11:32 AM | #4108
Quote: Originally Posted by bob-a View Post

It's an open world PvP event and it's supposed to bring out the worst in people. I think you can see it as BW's version of what is depicted in the movie The Purge. There is no imp, no pub, only red or not red.
This is how it was designed and this is how it's going to be.
I'm fuzzy about the details, but I think the only change they made at some point was that you cannot kill someone from your same guild (which you could when it first came out). Not sure how it works now.

If you go the Gree area, even if it's the "PvE area" (where PvE relics don't work and PvP adrenals do, for example) be aware that you are a potential target the second you leave the outpost.

Flintfire
07.24.2014 , 11:33 AM | #4109
The weird people you meet in Group Finder: Relics of the Gree Event Edition.

So many funny things happened this event. Here are some of the highlights.

A character was crying out about getting ganked. Really badly. To the point where both Imps and Pubs banned together JUST TO GANK HIM. It was hysterical, and he was flipping out, like every 3 seconds a line of CAPS curses would fill up genchat.

There was a guild who would only let people in to the pylon if they gave the GM 50k for "protection."

During HM Xeno, one person rolled Greed for Red Sphere when everyone else (obviously) rolled Need. He the proceeded to demand everyone, as one left and the rest were getting ready to do a WB run, to reroll so he would have a fair chance. The problem was the person who left was the one who won the mount, and accused everyone of lying if they told him we didn't have it.

A group of pubs were standing on a cliff, getting a good view to see people to gank. As they were looking, a sin snuck up behind them and knocked all three off, killing them. Then THEY started to whine about cheating and being a coward.

A very detailed description in gen chat of how baby Gree are ... made.

A group CONVINCED a lvl 50 sniper none of his attacks were hitting in the pvp area because he needed aim gear.
Infyrno/Infyrnex Infyrnus/Infyrnal
Leiptr Venaticus
Slaughtor Evisceran/Karrnivore
Sleipe/Medyc Desolus/Tyrantix

GM of Oblivion

Ryuku-sama
07.24.2014 , 11:50 AM | #4110
Quote: Originally Posted by Flintfire View Post
A group CONVINCED a lvl 50 sniper none of his attacks were hitting in the pvp area because he needed aim gear.
Seriously??????????
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015