Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Revenaught
07.01.2013 , 06:32 PM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by artikulieren View Post
One way or not, telling me to shut up and then claiming that the auto-heals were his heals and that without him healing it would be IMPOSSIBLE to clear the turret portion?

That became a matter of principle. I do not tolerate fools, didn't want to doom the DPS, but not kicking the idiot. Well, too bad then.

Also, really? Really!? There are 4 turrets, it's obvious what you have to do. It's obvious it can be done. Out of 4 characters I've leveled on the Imperial side, this is the first time I've done CWG with this method. How he got the notion that it was impossible without healing from a player is beyond me. I shudder to think of the possibilities.
Oh don't get me wrong I don't blame you for bailin on him. He had it comin big time. I was just makin note that if done properly having a healer in the middle does work. I have done it both ways several times. Not sure why but it seems much easier to beat the turret phases now than in the early days.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

zzoorrzz
07.01.2013 , 06:46 PM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by Powerrmongerr View Post
The very last level pug flashpoint I have ever done was Lost Island (of course).

I ask "everyone done this before?" Don't care about response, just want to explain fights if needed. Everyone says yes. The healer and I are both level 55, I'm in about half underworld and half arkanian. Healer similarly geared. Two dps are level 50s, but whatever.

One dps, an assassin, dies of first lightning ball to droid. Rezzed. Dies again almost immediately to lightning ball. Never even attempts to move. We kill boss. I ask what he was doing. Says he died due to lag. A common excuse. Whatever.

Get to donkey kong boss. I call out buttons. People say yes. Assassin doesn't even attempt to stack under boss, dies. Of course, his button was the one that needed to be pressed, we die shortly thereafter. I ask again: what is going on, do you know this? No response. We spawn, go back. This time, I ain't doing anything till I get some clarification. "DO YOU KNOW THIS FIGHT?" No response. I literally have my character sit down. Finally he says: "no, never made it past first boss."

"Why didn't you say something?" No response. "Would you like me to explain things so that we can be on the same page?" Maybe thirty seconds goes by. My finger is hovering over vote to kick. I then get this response.

"Meh. Whatever."

Told him good luck finding another tank and left. It may be another year before I pug a flashpoint again.
What you did was perfectly justified and you showed some great patience. I just wanted to point out that with a 2+ 55 team there's not really a need to assign buttons to specific people. 1 person can easily take care of all buttons if needed.

MorgothPl
07.01.2013 , 06:46 PM | #403
Gathering today pug for EV HM on my merc DPS, we got lev 52 healer. We examined his gear, and that was shocking. Sorc wearing aim implants and some strength mods, and his willpower was below 1k. He explained he doesn't have money to get proper items, so he is wearing mob drops. As the rest of pug insisted that me, and my guildie (who was also on merc) will just throw off heals, and that will be enough, we just left.

artikulieren
07.01.2013 , 07:00 PM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
Oh don't get me wrong I don't blame you for bailin on him. He had it comin big time. I was just makin note that if done properly having a healer in the middle does work. I have done it both ways several times. Not sure why but it seems much easier to beat the turret phases now than in the early days.
It's probably much easier because everything in this game eventually gets made easier. The way of Western MMOs I guess. Although I will be more open-minded in the future, I'm just not seeing how it's more efficient since everyone essentially has to cover the empty turret.

It's kinda like how idiots that queue as both tank/dps or heal/dps but don't have field respec and can't dps when it comes down to it. Although bad and should be removed, are sadly, still better than no dps.

Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Gathering today pug for EV HM on my merc DPS, we got lev 52 healer. We examined his gear, and that was shocking. Sorc wearing aim implants and some strength mods, and his willpower was below 1k. He explained he doesn't have money to get proper items, so he is wearing mob drops. As the rest of pug insisted that me, and my guildie (who was also on merc) will just throw off heals, and that will be enough, we just left.
That technically might have been feasible. Since it's a known fact that EV can be solo-tanked, it stands to reason that it can somewhat be solo-healed(If TBC SM can be solo-healed why not EV HM no?). Assuming you had another healer. But yes, definitely, a healer that has the wrong gear and makes rotten excuses(since it's easy to get basic commendations from just questing in Makeb) earns no place in an ops group.

MasterFeign
07.01.2013 , 07:16 PM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
You were the one being an ***.
Grats.

50 normal modes are easy as hell, you can do it with a vigilance stanced Guardian/Jugg if they're 55.
Proof of that is that you made it through and got a few pieces of gear.

Taking gear someone really needs however is a ******* move, you'd have made the money off the weekly anyway, or daily or w/e and would have gotten some comms too, as well as credits loot.
You were the one at fault.
I'd do it again, just to piss you off. Besides, how would you feel if instead I was healing, that I was dpsing? It's the exact same way I felt. There was aggro issues all over the place, you can't expect any healer to keep up with it...

And that was a 50 HM.

Isaacone
07.01.2013 , 07:19 PM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by Nilatis View Post
  • The "I'm at work, so I will have to put your lives on hold for 10 minutes while I make this call"- type of guy.
  • The "My client crashed, so now I'm going to spend 15 minutes relaunching the game"- type of guy.
  • The "Oh, the tank and healer is going that way, so now I'm going in this opposite direction to pull mobs on my own"- type of guy.
  • The "Oh my God, I need this bonus quest, so that your Flashpoint run will be 30 minutes longer than it has to be"- type of guy.
  • The "I'm a Marauder, so I can charge in first and pretend that I'm tanking, which results in my healer dying because their heals generate more hate than my damage" type of guy.
  • The "Uuh, I will attack the champion mob first, then the elite mob, then the strong mob, and lastly, the normal mobs" type of guy.
  • The "I'm a Sniper, so I can't assist, thus will do massive damage on a mob that the tank hasn't got proper hate on which will result in me pulling aggro repeatedly" type of guy.
  • The "Oh, look, that mob is CC'd, let's attack it" type of guy.
  • The "When you say 'go' I will respond five seconds late resulting in your plan to fail" type of guy.

I meet these people frequently.
Well Most of these I agree with except for the bonus one. I quite enjoy doing the extra stuff for the bonus. But people like you just want to run as quickly as possible to the end. The bonus is a great way to get extra xp/gear and other occaisional goodies

Isaacone
07.01.2013 , 07:29 PM | #407
Ive had several. Here are a few.
On my smuggler as a dps. I just got into mandelorian raiders. The other dps left right after joining group (as usually happens) The healer pulled aggro a couple of times which pissed the tank off causing the tank to leave. Then I was left with him. and I told him to wait till we had a tank. He didnt listen tried tanking got us both killed and I left because of that.

On my agent in EV SM the pylon part. Had a few people repeatedly activate the pylons while the cats and aklays that had been aggroed were still attacking us. Wich caused the pylons to glitch and infinatly spawn rakata until we all died. And when we all got back the idiot messed up the pylons again. Needless to say we never finished EV

On my Assassin in hammer station SM. My first time tanking some sniper was pissed off with my tanking since it wasnt that good at the time. So I said if you dont like that im not a good tank right now you go ahead and tank. Then I left the group.

Kingsbount
07.01.2013 , 07:47 PM | #408
And here's my portion of interesting people
1. Mara's that actually thinks that they are the tanks.
2. People who thinks that tank can cover ALL battlefield. Alone.
3. Healers that doesnt even know that they are healers (yeah, that happend with my team)
4. People who NEVER listen to a people advices, even if those people playing longer, and more experienced. (Please, DO NOT ATTACK BEFORE TANK! - And what you gonna do if im not stop? - *leave*)
5. Loot ninjas (Hey! Why did you need that think? You dont need cunning. - Sorry) Wrong button - And why are you NEED mara's gear? You are powertech! - Damn) I trying to eat and play) - *kicked*)
6. People who dont know how to gear (Sorc-healer 50 lvl with mods on 45 level in HM Black Talon)

artikulieren
07.01.2013 , 08:19 PM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
And here's my portion of interesting people
1. Mara's that actually thinks that they are the tanks.
2. People who thinks that tank can cover ALL battlefield. Alone.
3. Healers that doesnt even know that they are healers (yeah, that happend with my team)
4. People who NEVER listen to a people advices, even if those people playing longer, and more experienced. (Please, DO NOT ATTACK BEFORE TANK! - And what you gonna do if im not stop? - *leave*)
5. Loot ninjas (Hey! Why did you need that think? You dont need cunning. - Sorry) Wrong button - And why are you NEED mara's gear? You are powertech! - Damn) I trying to eat and play) - *kicked*)
6. People who dont know how to gear (Sorc-healer 50 lvl with mods on 45 level in HM Black Talon)
1. Check. I whisper healer to let them die. They learn their lesson after that.
2. Check. I let them cry.
3. Check. One Sorc healer I had just spammed Force Storm non-stop and complained he didn't have Force to heal.
4. Check. I let them die. And die, and die. And then me and the healer leave + ignore.
5. Check. The worst are the F2P/Pref, then they say they can't trade/mail and all sorts of ********.
6. Check. Had a Jugg Tank once that had every single stat at 300+ at level 42. Spread out stat strategy he said.

Let me add some more, similar to the bullet point post sometime earlier.

7. Healers that cry for guard when there is a much higher level pure DPS class that will certainly pull more aggro than he/she ever can.
8. DPS that prefer to attack the strongest mob and let all the weaker ones attack you and tell you it's your job to tank.
9. People that don't interrupt abilities and better yet, don't even know *** interrupt means. Wow! Why do we get one-shot on bonus boss in HM Athiss? Because your stupid tank doesn't know what interrupt is.
10. Shadow/Assassin tanks that think Force Wave/Overload counts as an AoE taunt. I'm hitting everything! I'm taunting!
11. People that use AoE KB(Force Wave/Overload) abilities as an actual part of their DPS rotation. Knocking stuff of your AoE, Or making it harder to AoE.
12. Sorc/Sage healers that spec into Force Wave/Overload healing, that knock everything out of your AoE just so they can heal you for........... 1200 health. Wow thanks buddy! Damn fine job there! You made it harder to kill things faster, but at least you healed us for 1200 health!

And one of my biggest peeves.

13. People who queue as both tank and DPS roles, but are ONLY specced and geared for tanking. No field respec. And come into an FP/Op in tank stance and refuse to even switch to a DPS stance so they have less threat. If you queue for both, you better be able to do both otherwise G.T.F.O.

Woebearer
07.01.2013 , 10:32 PM | #410
I logged on my (fresh 55) Frontlinemedic and two guildmates grabbed to heal somewhere.
Not paying attention what they said exactly I agreed and found myself in a lvl 55 FP, where I got 1 shotted, teared apart, chewed and spit out in a second.
My apolgies to the fourth who had to line up again, Ive been one of my beloved undergeared Idiots myself...