Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


BobFredJohn's Avatar


BobFredJohn
07.22.2014 , 07:01 AM | #4071
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
What on Earth dps is doing if healer gets hit?

When I'm dps, if any of enemies targets healer they just signed their own death sentence.
The dps was following the new and updated kill order which newer players use now-a-days, Elite, strong, standard. Seems I am becoming the odd one out still killing weak things first.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

slafko's Avatar


slafko
07.22.2014 , 07:14 AM | #4072
I gave up on asking people to follow kill order and what it actually consists of. When I'm on my Sage heals and I see I'm going to get some love because no one bothers with weak mobs I slap a bubble on myself and spam ForceQuake until mobs die. If team mates die, well... Tough luck.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

BigBreakfast's Avatar


BigBreakfast
07.22.2014 , 08:20 AM | #4073
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
The dps was following the new and updated kill order which newer players use now-a-days, Elite, strong, standard. Seems I am becoming the odd one out still killing weak things first.
More of your amazing stephen hawking logic, eh?

BTW still waiting on answers to my questions. I won't hold my breath.

Dras_Keto's Avatar


Dras_Keto
07.22.2014 , 08:30 AM | #4074
Quote:
Flashpoints + Operations

The Beast of Vodal Kresh encounter in Athiss now resets if the boss is moved too far off of its platform.
Inb4 hordes of "Golly Gee Willikers! My group just totally fell apart because they dont know how to handle a few ridiculously weak adds. Woe is me!"

MasterFeign's Avatar


MasterFeign
07.22.2014 , 11:13 AM | #4075
Quote: Originally Posted by Dras_Keto View Post
Inb4 hordes of "Golly Gee Willikers! My group just totally fell apart because they dont know how to handle a few ridiculously weak adds. Woe is me!"
I was so glad for this change... I hate hate hate hate, when people insist on LoSing adds, especially particularly when everyone is more than geared for the fight.

If someone on your team is asking to LoS mobs, they're not that good at their role... I've both tanked and healed and DPSed in situations where perhaps an LoS could have helped, but how are you going to learn to take the heat of a mob, if all you do is try to go the easy route? I can understand for getting FPs done faster (Battle of Ilum), but you still won't learn how to deal with operations if all you do is make it too easy for you...

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
07.22.2014 , 12:32 PM | #4076
My funny story

I joined a HM FP, as a healer of course, and everyone was geared and all went very well.

Now that's weird!

Seriously, A lot of what i have read in this thread are lost "teachable moments". Most people, if spoken to respectfully, will respond in kind. If you see someone wrongly geared, let them know kindly, through a whisper. Calling people out, in group chat is disrespectful and you will get a negative response most of the time. Share your knowledge old wiseones, but do so without trashing the person that needs the help.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Reallynotaknight's Avatar


Reallynotaknight
07.22.2014 , 01:11 PM | #4077
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
I was so glad for this change... I hate hate hate hate, when people insist on LoSing adds, especially particularly when everyone is more than geared for the fight.

If someone on your team is asking to LoS mobs, they're not that good at their role... I've both tanked and healed and DPSed in situations where perhaps an LoS could have helped, but how are you going to learn to take the heat of a mob, if all you do is try to go the easy route? I can understand for getting FPs done faster (Battle of Ilum), but you still won't learn how to deal with operations if all you do is make it too easy for you...
I am glad they changed that boss, it is very annoying when people insist on doing that when they have a strong team. There is no reason to run that damn thing halfway across the map when everyone is having no problem with the fp.

But doing a los to make a pull quicker I have no problem with. Losing something to gather them up for quick aoe burn is a good skill to build for operations. Off tank grabs all the adds for a quick aoe goodness. Setting up a good los is the same thing, and a good habit to get into.

Speaking of Athiss, on my op healer, the droid pull before the first boss. The tank said he had never done the place on hard mode, so I told him we would cc the marked droid for him, and just to get aggro on the rest really quick and we would burn them down. He pulled and just wacked one droid, nothing else. Of course I stealthed out and just stared at him until the merc needed some healing because it got all the aggro I had.

When asked why he didn't try to get aggro on everything else, he said as a tank he can't hold everything, and only has so many moves at max lvl that generate aggro. When I told him one hit could pull aggro off of me he didn't believe me. The rest of the fp went pretty well though, so no complaints after that.
Reallynotatank Shieldtech Powertech
Donotwant Madness Sorc
Whatsahealer Operative Healer
Ahhrunaway Merc

BobFredJohn's Avatar


BobFredJohn
07.22.2014 , 01:16 PM | #4078
Quote: Originally Posted by BigBreakfast View Post
More of your amazing stephen hawking logic, eh?

BTW still waiting on answers to my questions. I won't hold my breath.
post number 4028 explains my opinion (notice my opinion, your the 1 that attempted to turn this into an argument) dumbed down as far as possilbe. If that still makes no sense to you then im afraid I am just unable to explain my meaning using only 1 syllable words, thats your problem not mine. If you want to continue this do it in private message, people are quite annoyed of seeing your tantrums for the past few pages.

And yes, dps kill order of weak to strong is more effective for protecting the healer than strong to weak. I would have assumed that was common knowledge, maybe you should check see what Dulfy says.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

MasterFeign's Avatar


MasterFeign
07.22.2014 , 01:50 PM | #4079
Quote: Originally Posted by Reallynotaknight View Post
I am glad they changed that boss, it is very annoying when people insist on doing that when they have a strong team. There is no reason to run that damn thing halfway across the map when everyone is having no problem with the fp.

But doing a los to make a pull quicker I have no problem with. Losing something to gather them up for quick aoe burn is a good skill to build for operations. Off tank grabs all the adds for a quick aoe goodness. Setting up a good los is the same thing, and a good habit to get into.

Speaking of Athiss, on my op healer, the droid pull before the first boss. The tank said he had never done the place on hard mode, so I told him we would cc the marked droid for him, and just to get aggro on the rest really quick and we would burn them down. He pulled and just wacked one droid, nothing else. Of course I stealthed out and just stared at him until the merc needed some healing because it got all the aggro I had.

When asked why he didn't try to get aggro on everything else, he said as a tank he can't hold everything, and only has so many moves at max lvl that generate aggro. When I told him one hit could pull aggro off of me he didn't believe me. The rest of the fp went pretty well though, so no complaints after that.
Fair point, for sure. Good way to show off tank pulls and whatnot, like you said, yeah. What I've found funny though, is recently people are wanting to LoS more often, in mobs where I've never been asked, or expected to LoS before. Makes me wonder if just more and more people are getting worse in FPs.

Lord_of_Mu's Avatar


Lord_of_Mu
07.22.2014 , 02:46 PM | #4080
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
I was so glad for this change... I hate hate hate hate, when people insist on LoSing adds, especially particularly when everyone is more than geared for the fight.

If someone on your team is asking to LoS mobs, they're not that good at their role... I've both tanked and healed and DPSed in situations where perhaps an LoS could have helped, but how are you going to learn to take the heat of a mob, if all you do is try to go the easy route? I can understand for getting FPs done faster (Battle of Ilum), but you still won't learn how to deal with operations if all you do is make it too easy for you...
Believe me, I've been wishing for the these changes to the beast to be applied for a very long time. It's a stupid easy encounter.

As for the excessive LOSing. It's been a popular theme as of late for a lot of tanks. Using LOS on every pull is just stupid. LOS pulls are great for times that you want the group to aoe mow a pack down.

However, LOS pulls come with the thing that I call, "Wild agro". Which is, you have threat on just one mob in the pack. The rest however are just running on social agro and the moment someone gains a buff or the healer decides to stick a band-aid on that paper-cut you scored while starting the pull. The entire pack suddenly decides that the giver of buffs or band-aids is far more interesting

Personally I'll use a rapid aoe surprise attack instead of an LOS pull. The healers are too shocked that I didn't LOS to cast any heals, so it gives me the few seconds I need to tab to anything outside of the pack and hit it with something.