Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

theStirge
06.28.2013 , 12:52 AM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
That's cool, but what if you don't know concept of mainstat even exists?
Then you should stop ignoring your Codex popups and read them. You get a Codex very early on in your class story that tells you what your mainstat is, in addition to some other information. You also get them for your companions. Also, maybe don't turn off tutorials, and actually read them when they pop up?

Not knowing about secondary ratings, that's another matter entirely, since that Codex entry is broken. And, I mean, Bioware didn't help matters by not removing all the not-relevant-since-early-beta items like Cunning pieces with tank stats, Cunning cannons, Aim knives and shotguns, medium armor Strength tank gear...
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

quirez
06.28.2013 , 01:13 AM | #372
there is also a hint on one of the loading screens that tells you your mainstat.

Thylbanus
06.28.2013 , 04:18 AM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
I just had a Group Finder FP run with a player queued as Damage. (this was Republic side, translations provided for Imperial players reference frame)

He was a Shadow (Assassin), spec'd Kinetic Combat (Darkness), using Combat Technique (Dark Charge). Every single pull, from start to finish, his rotation was:
  • stand 10 yards away
  • use Telekinetic Throw (Force Lightning) on cooldown
  • use Project (Shock) on cooldown
  • use Force Breach (Discharge) on cooldown
  • maintain Kinetic Ward (Dark Ward) religiously at 15 charges
  • stand there and do nothing else in-between these 4 cooldowns

Watching someone with a double-bladed lightsaber and rocks swirling around them stand outside melee range, never once swing their saber, and spam weak rock attacks was... really, really weird.

Damage was agonizingly low, fights took forever, but at least we had a Guardian DPS who really, really knew her stuff and carried us through (just barely) on tighter fights.

Naturally, he won all 3 pieces of Willpower gear that dropped. -.-

~~~

Anyway, I don't want to be negative and bashing or insulting confused players here. Instead, I'd just like to hear your stories about bizarre / crazy people you meet in Group Finder (or other groups) who make you go "Huh?? What?!" when you watch them playing.

It's honestly very cute / amusing, except when it gets you killed by enrage timers, etc.
What server was this? I think I was the healer.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

AlrikFassbauer
06.28.2013 , 04:19 AM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
really? at 55 not to know what is your main stat?
Things happen.

Please note this saying I found a few decades ago :
"Your [weirdest] imagination is only succeeded by Reality". (Sorry for the grammar, since English isn't my 1st language.)
Since then, I'm not amazed anymore. Everything can happen, and that's a fact.

You just expect too much from people, imho.

Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
Then you should stop ignoring your Codex popups and read them.
Most Newbies don't even KNOW that there's a Kodex - because accessing that isn't easy.

A tab at the BOTTOM of the MISSION LOG and then in DARK GREY colour, just so that it shouldn't be noticed at all ???

A pure design failure, in my opinion.

The Kodex should have its own place in the menu bar. 'Nuff said.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Atramar
06.28.2013 , 04:28 AM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Things happen.

"Your [weirdest] imagination is only succeeded by Reality". (Sorry for the grammar, since English isn't my 1st language.)

Most Newbies don't even KNOW that there's a Kodex - because accessing that isn't easy.

A tab at the BOTTOM of the MISSION LOG and then in DARK GREY colour, just so that it shouldn't be noticed at all ???

as already mentioned, main stat is posted in our faces many times during loading screen.
There is also tutorial each time you start a character.. I know, we are all pro and disable it first time it apears, but that is not dev's fault.
Sure, they could force us blocking whole screen and posting basic info in our face every week after reset 'your main stat is <stat>, you are speeced as <tank/healer/dps>, expertiese is doing <insert some text here>',
but hell, that would be annoying...

problem is, when you have PT dps, qued as tank, with might stim, telling you to shut up cause rocket punch is mele.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Never_Hesitate
06.28.2013 , 05:49 AM | #376
If I know that someone will not live up to the requirement, then I don't have to start the run with him in the group.

The failure lies by the player who doesn't read through the hints provided by the hint section. you know that yellow glowing question mark above your character window or did you disable it as soon as you remade your gui like most did (I included)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Revenaught
06.28.2013 , 08:49 AM | #377
Things happen.

I would far rather expect too much from people and give them goals to strive for than to expect too little of people and let them fall when they could have flown.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

MorgothPl
06.28.2013 , 09:56 AM | #378
Hammer Station HM, we reach those two turrets near timed bridge, marauder marks one for CC, so I start the pull by leaping on the unmarked one. Then marauder just jumps to the turret he CCed and breaks his own CC. So I grab aggro of two turrets, while the operative CCes the unmarked one.... Marauder then switches targets and breaks CC once again. Luckily I'm well geared, and healer is decent, so I was able to keep aggro of those two turrets.

Didn't bother with asking for explanation, as we were near final boss, but it still was funny. Especially as he CCed droids before and didn't jump on them.

Also, I should mention some marauders dying at Cademinu, when merc or sorc pushes mobs out of the map, while marauder leaps at those mob. First you see disappearing mob, then marauder learns to fly. It's so common though nowadays

theStirge
06.28.2013 , 01:02 PM | #379
Things happen.

Except of course that every time you get a Codex entry, a box pops up on your screen with a button that says "Open". You don't have to find the Codex, they almost literally shove it in your face.

Not at all arguing that the Codex isn't poorly implemented; it has been and remains to this day my biggest disappointment in this game, because you can see how it would be awesome if it worked properly.

On-Topic, um... There was the time I went to Black Talon(story mode, mind) on my Jugglernaut and got yelled at, for being unable to hold threat, by someone who claimed to have their own Jugg tank. Apparently he'd forgotten that at the level we were you don't have Soresu Form yet, or any high-threat attacks, and just the one taunt. Not that weird, I know. Sorry, I don't pay much attention to what other people are doing in flashpoints. Too busy trying not to screw up and waste people's time.
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

pan_sObak
06.29.2013 , 04:08 AM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Didn't bother with asking for explanation, as we were near final boss, but it still was funny. Especially as he CCed droids before and didn't jump on them.
i know how it happens :-)

i CC a npc
then fight starts by group and mess go all around and i miss to hit tab to change target!
so i go right in and break my CC

then i think "what the hell i'm doing!?" and switch target at last on unmarked one
and break someones CC :-)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Sorc 55, Sin 55, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 55

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 450, Syth 450