Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

sanctified
06.20.2014 , 12:06 AM | #3541
I love crazy go-go-go marauders. They used to bother the hell out of me, but now they inspire me to be just as crazy in order to stay ahead of them. I hate to say it, but I think the schizo bastards have made me a better tank.

That isn't to say that I put up with it if they're low dps, though. I appreciate a face melter wanting to maintain a speedy pace, but a scrub who can't put up the numbers (but insists on trying to set the pace) can go get a bad touch from his pervy Uncle Vote kick.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

TACeMossie
06.20.2014 , 04:04 AM | #3542
So me and a few guildies decided to run a random HM FP for the daily and got Czerka labs. Only when we got to the droid boss did we realise none of us were healers (we had a sage in the group, but he was balance specced)

What the hell we said, whats the worst that could happen?

Well... The droid fight was a nightmare. The tank and DPS had to juggle aggro between each other to survive because of how the fight is now and we didn't really have heals (the sage was still throwing out bubbles + offheals most of the time though), and we got through the fight with everyone <20% health except me, but I hit adrenaline rush just before the end of the fight and was on 35%.

I started getting worried, but no idea why when we did the rest of the flashpoint.
The trash on the way to the security commander just melted. And to make it even more hilarious, when we got to the security commander, he died before he even got cryo grenades :O

When we got to rasmus blyss, we pretty much obliterated him instantly as well, with him not getting his 3rd stealth out!

I was honestly quite shocked, but then again with everyone in the group in dread forged gear minimum, I should have expected it. Though its quite ridiculous how lenient the healing is for most of that flashpoint, even in hard mode.

Rekkakuski
06.20.2014 , 10:54 AM | #3543
Today at Czerka labs at TOFN

Guardian tank 40k, dps Guardian 33k, Me AS Commando 37k and healer-Sage 30k. We was at first boss and finally died there. First tank died and respawn to med. Then died other dps, respawn to med, jumped down again and died again, then i died when i try kill ads and i said to healer at combatres, no responce and no res, wipe. I asked why he didn't res, he yelling kill ads noobs and quit.

i whisped him that l2heal noob and ignore. He send me mail with alt and says "just another noob dps , protect me lol , learn to play n00b"

Then we get Scoundrel 36k to replacement and all gone fine.

It's hard to kill ads and protect healer, if there not coming heal and healer don't even combatres to back fight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republic: Miriam'ele Lil'marie Jääprinsessa Telkänpoikanen
Imperial: Rekkis Ida-marie
Server: ToFN Guild: Lice-Ridden Banthas/Reilukerho

Eclesis
06.20.2014 , 02:40 PM | #3544
Fleet pug Ops so not quite Group Finder. Leader says voice chat would be nice but not required, and then proceeds in voice chat to mock everyone who wasn't in it. Talked nonstop about how to do things *his* way and his glory days as a hardcore raider in WoW with anecdotes of dubious plausibility. Also extrapolated at length about how PuG groups failed at this and that... which apparently took up so much of his attention that he wiped the group with a Firebug on Thrasher. There was also one wipe on the last boss as he didn't bother explaining anything or asking who was new for those not in voice chat.

Halfway through he found out that there were several female players in the ops when they spoke up in voice chat, and proceeded to accuse all (most?) female players of using their feminine wiles to gain power in guilds. The healer who was in a progression guild stopped arguing with him after a while and was probably relieved to be in the other team when the group split on the last boss for the GF comms. He then proceeded to harass the remaining female player with a string of **** jokes. Total class act.

It was so over-the-top that I am not sure if this guy was the real deal or doing an exaggerated imitation of every bad stereotype to troll people.

thewitchdoctor
06.21.2014 , 12:04 AM | #3545
Quote: Originally Posted by Rekkakuski View Post
Guardian tank 40k, dps Guardian 33k, Me AS Commando 37k and healer-Sage 30k. We was at first boss and finally died there.

First tank died and respawn to med. Then died other dps, respawn to med, jumped down again and died again, then i died when i try kill ads and i said to healer at combatres, no responce and no res, wipe. I asked why he didn't res, he yelling kill ads noobs and quit.

It's hard to kill ads and protect healer, if there not coming heal and healer don't even combatres to back fight.
If the tank died at first because you and the other DPS weren't killing the adds then that would be on you two DPS. But a 37k ranged DPS should tear those adds apart quickly leaving the melee DPS to stay on the boss whilst possibly knocking out any adds that spawn near the droid.

And if so, then I wouldn't waste a combat rez on a DPS either, it should have gone on to the tank, if at all.

If the DPS were taking out the adds promptly then, yeah, perhaps the healer wasn't up to the challenge.

As a melee DPS in this fight I don't expect to really ever be above half health, frankly. If I am getting top ups after getting out of the water and after a round of droids then I am happy and that is all I expect. If the droid has a smidge of life left and we hit overcharged water, and my CDs are good, then Ill stay and push through to get the fight over with. Hopefully a healer will work with me on that too, but, usually my CDs have been enough.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: 55 Carnage Marauder - 55 Madness Assassin
Tanks: 55 Powertech - 55 Guardian
Heals: 55 Sage

Halinalle
06.21.2014 , 01:37 AM | #3546
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
If the DPS were taking out the adds promptly then, yeah, perhaps the healer wasn't up to the challenge.
I don't remember taking out the add in droid boss as DPS, only if adds attacked.
I think this boss is intentionally placed challenge for healers.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

JouerTue
06.21.2014 , 01:44 AM | #3547
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
I don't remember taking out the add in droid boss as DPS, only if adds attacked.
now they attack
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

thewitchdoctor
06.21.2014 , 03:19 AM | #3548
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Yeah, its been this way for a bit now. They spawn every other electric field and will crush the healer if not disposed off.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: 55 Carnage Marauder - 55 Madness Assassin
Tanks: 55 Powertech - 55 Guardian
Heals: 55 Sage

JouerTue
06.21.2014 , 06:45 AM | #3549
yeah finally got two worth telling:

1) directive 7 SM, me on VG tank 47, sage healer 49, balance shadow 49-50 and commando 50

mando drops the first second. i ask if we can do a fast run..agreed so +1 . que for replacement and got a guardian dps..which is tank, i ask him if he wants to tank since i'd respec and he says: i don't tank..''but you are in soresu..'' no replies..we proceed pulling stuff and we doing good, but slowly..nvm. i say again: ''you have tank procs and wrong saber stance'' no replies.
then the healer starts asking for guard..i explain that he's getting aggro from mobs with clean table..he says he knows but he could heal better with, so i put him guard and ****. later i switch to the shadow since he pulled off me a couple of times during the cyborg phases on the first droid boss( yes the dps, not the guardian spec'd defence) and during the whole phase, maybe 1-2 adds ever shot on the healer..but he stays quiet and we finish the FP smoothly but slowly. in the end i tell them to avoid blaming me and not saying a word if someone comes with wrong spec/stance and no clue of his role..and he doesn't even respond..which is rude.

2) hammer station HM! me combat sentinel, shadow tank, sage healer, gunney mando

while i zone in, mando is shooting the first droid already..i jump on him and we keep pulling trash while tank loads. he starts saying he's squishy.. i inspect him and beside the 146 MH he has no particular issues so i just think he needs to work on his built mitigation. i get guard (which is smart move) and all the pulls go well, i pop camo when targeted by tank's mob and we reach the first boss.
tank dies at first laser, i die at second and then the healer starts cleancing, tank comes back from spawn and dies again, i stay dead and enjoy. mando and sage down the boss. they are all new to HM HS so i tell them to start with torch..i solo him but healer and interupts keep me up and we down even this boss. at battle lord tank dies, healer dies..mando and me stay alive while they come back and we finish the FP. having tanked it many times makes me avoid the blaster sweep and keep an optimal positioning..average noobness and not so much trouble.

TL;DR another tankinel story and HM 55fp are outgeared even by noobs
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

LuaRumina
06.21.2014 , 01:34 PM | #3550
Hammer Station HM, first boss. I'm a merc healer with legacy 180's set bonus with good stats and bleh everything else, with 2 merc dps and I don't remember the tank, but all decently overgeared for a 55 HM, though the dps is low for their hit points, which means terrible stats balance.

When this fp first came out, I'd reassuringly say something like "I'll cleanse on 5 stacks" when playing a healer. I haven't needed to in months. The tank also charges right in, as I've been keeping everyone at very high health the whole time prior. I get ready to cleanse and the debuff is gone. I end up cleansing when it hits 2 stacks, but before mine comes off cooldown again, the tank has been cleansed at another 2 stacks. No one's health has dipped in the slightest in the meantime, but the boss is still terribly healthy. I can't tell which dps is cleansing, but I catch both of them with their target as the tank. Not in the same guild, they don't throw out kolto bombs, they both seem to be high in pyrotech... I just don't get it.

And the fight just takes forever, but otherwise a fine run. Just weird. It's not like it's horribly bad to help cleanse what is a stacking debuff, but the tank was robust and mitigation-y and the healer was on top of things... and your darn dps was really low! You waited a long time to get that dps queue pop! Shoot the things!
Rumina Legacy || Ebon Hawk // The Harbinger