Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Loc_n_lol
06.19.2014 , 10:34 AM | #3531
Kuat short story :
Guardian, Shadow, Sentinel, Gunslinger.
On one pull, sentinel dies and asks in chat : What's up with the heals ?

EranofArcadia
06.19.2014 , 11:20 AM | #3532
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
Kuat short story :

What IS up with the heals? One of the true philosophical conundra of our times.

Ryuku-sama
06.19.2014 , 11:36 AM | #3533
Kuat short story :

Answer to this... : "Spec Watchman and heal us n00b."
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

venomlash
06.19.2014 , 12:33 PM | #3534
Kuat short story :

I read that in Jerry Seinfeld's voice.
KDY is doing to SWTOR what Jar Jar Binks did to Episode I; making it worse overall and excruciatingly D-U-M-M dumb..

robjordanlives
06.19.2014 , 01:24 PM | #3535
On my lvl 23 Van Assault spec. and got the pop for mando raiders. Zoned in to see a 23 Guard tank, 30 dps commando, and a 28 commando "healer." It started off smoothly except for that the tank seemed to get melted even on trash. After the first tank wipe on the first big dog pull, I examine the tank's gear and to my surprise it is pretty current.
Then I start watching the "healer" and figure it out. He switches out of healer cell and into plasma at every fight. Also tosses 1 or 2 heals MAX a fight total. And they are very underwhelming. His kolto bombs neither leave residue nor a HoT effect if stood in like they should if he was actually in healer tree.
If the lvl 30 was really any good this would not have been a problem but his gear was terrible and I consistently pulled aggro from him we attacked same thing. About only good thing is that he followed kill order.

Back to "healer." I whisp him and asked him what tree he really was in and he replied with "wut?" I told him that based from his performance I knew he was not in the right tree and that I knew he chose healer for gf to lessen wait time. He replied "Yeah. So?"
Clearly dealing with a winner here.

Tank seemed like a good guy just not been here yet so I was giving him info on the pulls and bosses. He asked why he was dying so much and I said because the healer was a dps mando in disguise. At this point healer does not even acknowledge this and simply stays in healie cell from now on but never uses hammer shots to heal or build supercharge.

Somehow we finish the fp and the final boss drops both a chest and a lightsaber that is an upgrade for tank.....and of course our "healer" needs on both and drops group. So being terrible wasn't good enough he had to add ninja to his glowing resume.

I guessed the tank was pretty new if he did not know the mechanics of hammer station (I have 21 chars so I do) so I offered him some creds to help make up for the nin-tard but he turned me down and said it was ok. Tank will be someone I will enjoy grouping with in the future I think.

rawtravel
06.19.2014 , 02:08 PM | #3536
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post
Hello, Lord_of_Mu! I judged from your post that you must be a new player, so here are a few tips. As this thread shows you, the Sentinel's duty is to move to the most dangerous enemy with a minimum of delay all the while showing utter disregard to the conditions of the group. Remember, the Jedi and the Sith are leaders and having two lightsabers means you are twice the leader than the rest of the riffraff! In case anyone uses CC on an enemy, he is a free target, move to it immediately after you have demolished the strongest enemy.

Hopefully this clarifies the confusion.
And don't forget to collect your AWESOME POINTS! LMAO!

Darkelefantos
06.19.2014 , 02:53 PM | #3537
Quote: Originally Posted by robjordanlives View Post
hammer station.
Surely, you mean Mandalorian Raiders, right? Hammer Station doesn't include doggies and won't allow in lvl 28 players through the GF.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

robjordanlives
06.19.2014 , 03:07 PM | #3538
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
Surely, you mean Mandalorian Raiders, right? Hammer Station doesn't include doggies and won't allow in lvl 28 players through the GF.
Yeah my bad mando raiders it was.

venomlash
06.19.2014 , 10:58 PM | #3539
Just had the strangest run of HM Hammer Station I've seen in quite some time.

I'm on my Scoundrel (34k HP) DPSing as Scrapper for once instead of having to heal. My groupmates are a well-geared and knowledgeable Scoundrel healer (39k HP), an odd Guardian tank (35k HP), and an even odder Shadow (27k HP). The Shadow is slotted as DPS, stanced for tank (Combat Technique), geared for tank in a mix of leveling greens and Oricon tanking gear, and specced into some weird hybrid; I saw Infiltration Tactics and Kinetic Ward both coming up on his bar. He also had one Guardian tank implant and used a Might stim.

I point out that we have two tanks but nobody seems to care besides the healer concurring that we did indeed. We clear through trash and get to the first boss, the droid. We down it without trouble, but I almost immediately pull aggro and facetank the boss for about thirty seconds. I pop Surrender to no effect and finally type in chat "TAUNT"; a few seconds later I can finally Back Blast again. Judicious use of Disappearing Act for DPS purposes keeps me off the top of the threat table for the rest of the fight.

We get to the second boss, Riflor's Champions. I'm trying to follow kill order, but it's difficult to burn 2R-CH when both tanks (BOTH TANKS) are tunnel-visioning on Vorgan the Volcano. I just swoop over to Gjonfs and punch HIM a while until someone hits a mass taunt and I can go back to Torch. It's pretty simple from there.

Battlelord Kreshan is where things get fun.
It transpires that the Shadow has been guarding the Guardian the whole time. The Guardian keeps clicking it off and finally convinces the Shadow to guard the healer. I ask the Guardian for a guard several times, to no effect. The tanks go flying in and I start punching things. Naturally the healer and I are stuck wrangling adds without any help from either of them and they seem a little unsure on the positioning, causing us to occasionally need to run out of the boss's conal attack. Also, the tanks keep getting knocked off the edge, despite the healer's advice to use the console as a backstop, and running back in. The Shadow gets knocked off twice and the Guardian once. By the time the boss is at 15% or so both tanks have succumbed to the knockback and are running back, leaving two scoundrels to handle the boss.
We probably could have just duoed the sucker from the start; because I've been stealthing out to use Shoot First, the healer has aggro the whole time and just Scampers out of the conal, while I park myself behind the boss going to work with shotgun and fists. Adds barely even register to us, and we finish off the boss by the time the tanks make it back again.

I thank the healer for his superlative work and comment on the strangeness of the group. He tells me that the tanks are already ignored. WELL, THAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT. I'm used to facetanking as several DPS specs, but never as one that needs to be behind its target to fight effectively...
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

AdirahBerkovich
06.20.2014 , 12:00 AM | #3540
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post

I thank the healer for his superlative work and comment on the strangeness of the group. He tells me that the tanks are already ignored. WELL, THAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT. I'm used to facetanking as several DPS specs, but never as one that needs to be behind its target to fight effectively...
You'd be amazed how fast a decently geared scoundrel can yank off of 'tanks'. Granted, if I actually manage to get into a proper flashpoint as a Dirty Fighting scoundrel, there's very little to no chance of me actually pulling off the tank, and when I do, he/she's usually on top of it and steals aggro right back.

But running with subpar tanks, in anything? Bam, scoundrel has aggro, and scoundrel can do very little effectively when facetanking.

I agree, though, that healer was doing amazingly well, considering scoundrels aren't meant to facetank worth anything, and he was healtanking.
"And if I had the answers I'd have written them out, so I can tell you what to do and what this thing is about, but all I've ever learned comes second-hand, and I dare not preach what I don't understand."