Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

BigBreakfast
06.11.2014 , 09:52 AM | #3451
Quote: Originally Posted by Cox_The_Beast View Post
If you ask me there should be no need for ignore. They were playing poorly, but that's something most new players would do - though at that point you're supposed to have taken the hint...

Imo, they were simply new. Very new.
Of course there's a need. There are troublesome and disrespectful players all over, and there's no need to be grouped with them if you can help it.

Being new / inexperienced is OK, as long as they listen and take advice when given. When they ignore everyone and maintain their bad playing, I ignore.

BobFredJohn
06.11.2014 , 04:31 PM | #3452
KDY run, was grouped with a couple of low levels from the same guild, 15 mara and 16 sin

both were wearing the eradicator set from cartel market. I notice halfway through the first pull they are extremely squishy. we do a couple more pulls and I then bring it up "why are you two so squishy"
mara: "lol you stupid noob im level 15"
sin: "gear is unmodded"

I check their gear and, true enough its unmodded, I give a slight reproof
mara: "lol u got downs or something? I dont need stats for kdy, it bolsters" (clearly these 2 intend to level all the way to 55 on KDY, damn 2 more from that KDY academy).

We are in the starship assembly and the sin asks for build, so I write it out in chat
mara: "dont tell me what to do noob, I can read dulfy too"
me: "u need dulfy for this puzzle? dw afew more runs and it will be second nature"
mara: "lol downer I know more that you, ive done NiM hundreds of times"
me: "NiM on which 1"
mara: "lol you must be new, NiM is the hardest op in the game"
me: NiM is difficulty setting which a number of different end game missions can be switched to, which ones have u done NiM"

mara goes quiet, I check his achievements, never done any ops, or even any heroics and has the achievement for level 55 sorc, but no award for completed inquisitor chapter 2, clearly a KDY only bloke. I point this out to him and the rest of the run turns into him throwing a tantrum all the way round, basically trying to pass himself off as pro ("im 3x better than you", "you guys go do mission ill take the champ myself",etc.) whilst dieing on every pull due to having 42 armour rating (6 per piece, 7 pieces) and no gear with any strength bonus, still its his repair bill so w/e.

get to the boss, major benes and the adds turn up, the sin (mate of the mara) goes to attack adds, the other mara does too, while the "pro" mara stays on boss. I just say "dps take adds please" (I really shouldnt have done that)
mara: "the whole point of dps is to damage the strongest enemy faster, adds should be taken out by tank/heal, ofc you would know that if you had done as much NiM as me"

The mara then dies from not moving out of major benes mortar volley, before med centering he has a go at me (playing as tank) for not taking aggro. I point out I never lost it, but even when im holding aggro the AOE still hurts others in the area. Im then told to L2P, tanking properly means the AOE wont damage anyone (I assume he wants me to guess when Benes is going to mortar volley and move a safe distance from the group). He then proceeds to die anoter 3 times as Benes does mortar volley 3 more times (bear in mind it doesnt take a full mortar volley channel to kill someone with 42 armour rating and no endurance so this mara probably doesnt have a chance to clear the area before he dies).

At the end I get whispers from the mara about how the sin in the group is on teamspeak with him and the sin agreed the mara is "one of the best players in the game" (direct quote there), ironically the sin is also sending me whispers apologising for the behaviour of the mara as the mara had tried to keep an arguement going throughout the entire FP and continue afterwards (ofc I didnt help by winding him up, sadly I enjoy seeing people get so worked up over a game).
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Halinalle
06.11.2014 , 11:45 PM | #3453
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
get to the boss, major benes and the adds turn up, the sin (mate of the mara) goes to attack adds, the other mara does too, while the "pro" mara stays on boss. I just say "dps take adds please" (I really shouldnt have done that)
mara: "the whole point of dps is to damage the strongest enemy faster, adds should be taken out by tank/heal, ofc you would know that if you had done as much NiM as me"
Oh, wow...

The mara then dies from not moving out of major benes mortar volley, before med centering he has a go at me (playing as tank) for not taking aggro. I point out I never lost it, but even when im holding aggro the AOE still hurts others in the area. Im then told to L2P, tanking properly means the AOE wont damage anyone
Unfortunately, I can't find any words to describe how confused I am currently. He probably would claim that random DoT on DD doesn't hurt the DD if tank is good enough.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 3x Assassin (2xP, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

Elusive_Thing
06.12.2014 , 12:25 AM | #3454
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Unfortunately, I can't find any words to describe how confused I am currently. He probably would claim that random DoT on DD doesn't hurt the DD if tank is good enough.
The last boss in Athiss, Nefra from the Dread Fortress, the last boss of Mando Raiders... All of their DoT's are caused by bad tanks. Remember that from hereon.

grrrly
06.12.2014 , 01:03 AM | #3455
mara: "lol u got downs or something? I dont need stats for kdy, it bolsters" (clearly these 2 intend to level all the way to 55 on KDY, damn 2 more from that KDY academy).
That is absolutely appalling. The minute he made the "downs" comment I would have been out of there and he would have gone straight on ignore.

Halinalle
06.12.2014 , 01:27 AM | #3456
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post
The last boss in Athiss, Nefra from the Dread Fortress, the last boss of Mando Raiders... All of their DoT's are caused by bad tanks. Remember that from hereon.
Exactly.

That mara had to be trolling. Or drunk. Both are bad (well, I tank better when I'm drunk but that doesn't have anything to do with this).

Adaliaya
06.12.2014 , 02:23 AM | #3457
Athiss SM, weird tank, new DPS, macho DPS and me.

My 24 Scoundrel healer, Shadow tank, Commado DPS, Guardian DPS.

When I join group is waiting before beast boss. I notice guard on me. Well nvm. Tank engages and grabs adds well and all seems fine. Well then first wave of adds spawn, tank takes them. I start to cast Underworld medicine, but just before it lands Tank stealts out he does not join back to fight, even if boss has a lot HP left. Guardian then swaps to tankstance and we down it. I thank him for doing so ... And rest FP he throws more or less flirty comments
We get to last boss (yeah people attacked sapped enemies but luckily only one at time
Last boss Shadow again stealths out. I ask him why, he said "my HP was dropping"
I was like wut? His HP was at 60% and HoTs rolling. Well, Commando dies to fire, and after boss needs to Willpower item. Shadow goes nuts and drops group. I inspect Commandos achievements and notice he is new. I then explain stuff like mainstats. He apologizes his behavior but he can't give blade to Shadow because he is f2p and Shadow is already gone but at least he won't ninja next time

Elusive_Thing
06.12.2014 , 02:54 AM | #3458
Exactly.

That mara had to be trolling. Or drunk. Both are bad (well, I tank better when I'm drunk but that doesn't have anything to do with this).
Makes me wonder if the same logic applies to PvP as well. I could use a scapegoat.

Halinalle
06.12.2014 , 04:26 AM | #3459
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
Last boss Shadow again stealths out. I ask him why, he said "my HP was dropping"
A bit weird to do at 60%. I'd do it only at 10-20% if no heals after I have used all of my defensive CDs.

Adaliaya
06.12.2014 , 04:44 AM | #3460
A bit weird to do at 60%. I'd do it only at 10-20% if no heals after I have used all of my defensive CDs.
Yeah especially when he had HoTs rolling and I was casting big heal