Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Galsarus
05.21.2014 , 11:12 PM | #3121
Just finished a HM Mando run on my sniper for the weekly. Team composition - myself on my sniper, a sorc healer, Jugg Tank and Assassin DPS. All are geared enough for the HMFP. It wasnt the gear that made me go ***, but rather the Assassin DPS.

After zoning in, the Sin looks at me and says - "Agent, you will bow before a member of the Dark Council or suffer the displeasure".

I decide to ignore as tank has engaged the trash mobs. I run ahead, and engage the mobs, healer following close by but the Sin not moving an inch. we go into the first room with droids, and 3 man the whole room with the sin not moving from zone in area. Tank asks - "You plan on Moving your fat *** tubby?" (sin was a body type 4 male). Sin's reply - "A Lowly agent fails to practice logic and display show of gratitude to a member of the dark council, he must be punished". Tank replies back - "You Wanna RP, **** we're running a HMFP here". but the Sin won't budge. Tank then says - "ok, I'll play your game....The Emperor's Wrath Commands you to engage in battle!" Sorc healer whispers me - "Am I missing something here?"

Whole time I am wondering what is going on here and keep quiet, but the sin finally decides to move and engages trash. What a glorious battle it is!! this is the whole engagement, trash, elite, boss did not matter -

Force Speed to tank > Over Load > Pop Shield > Shock > Channeled Lightning attack > Shock > repeat until force is gone > Stand absolutely still until for is 100% > Repeat from shock.

we come to Braxus and his pooches and I think to myself "this is gonna be interesting..." we engage and tank takes braxus to one corner while we round up the pooches, with the sin just standing there. One of the dogs attack him and he puts in chat - "Get This Abomination off me Agent!" I reply back - "Mate you're dps, bloody fight the damn things". To this he replies - "I AM A MEMBER OF THE DARK COUNCIL!!! I DO NOT GET MY HANDS DIRTY WITH TUSSLES THAT ARE BENEATH ME!" This whole time, the dogs are throwing us all over the place like rag dolls. So I decided to ignore the Sin and burn the dogs on my own. we burn the dogs (healer healing and helping me burn down boss with Sin not doing anything at all) and go after Braxus. Now Sin decides to join in and does his rotation (mentioend above).

After Braxus goes down, He replies - "That took too long for me liking, you are a failure agent". I had enough, initiated a vote kick which went through. After waiting 10 seconds, we get a sorc DPS and finish the HMFP.

Either the group got master trolled, or I got a glimpse of extreme immersion role players in SWTOR.....

SW_display_name
05.21.2014 , 11:34 PM | #3122
Quote: Originally Posted by Galsarus View Post
After Braxus goes down, He replies - "That took too long for me liking, you are a failure agent". I had enough, initiated a vote kick which went through. After waiting 10 seconds, we get a sorc DPS and finish the HMFP.
Handled like a true Agent.

I think the real problem was that the Dark Council member forgot to say "Keyword: Onomotopoeia" before requesting things of you.

MWidowmaker
05.22.2014 , 12:21 AM | #3123
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post

I think the real problem was that the Dark Council member forgot to say "Keyword: Onomotopoeia" before requesting things of you.
you owe me a soda to replace the one i just spit out from laughing
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

PaxSithari
05.22.2014 , 12:35 AM | #3124
Just finished a HM Mando run on my sniper for the weekly. Team composition - myself on my sniper, a sorc healer, Jugg Tank and Assassin DPS. All are geared enough for the HMFP. It wasnt the gear that made me go ***, but rather the Assassin DPS.

After zoning in, the Sin looks at me and says - "Agent, you will bow before a member of the Dark Council or suffer the displeasure".

This, friends, is THE BEST story in the thread. It should be inscribed on vellum and hung at the Bioware offices, for all eternity.
We've forgotten what it is to be Jedi. So I'm going to do some real Jedi work now, and help someone in trouble rather than talk big concepts and run errands for politicians - Bardan Jusik

The Shadowlands, home to awesomeness

Whojoo
05.22.2014 , 12:47 AM | #3125
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post

This (+ the last story) makes me want to create a new agent

I got another story.
I decide to wipe the dust of an older lowbie. Healing on my commando with some tank and 2 deeps, one of them a sage. Mando raiders sm popped.
We say our greetings and get going. Very early on I notice that the tank is in tunnel vision mode. Ah well, low lvl fp. Won't be a problem if the dps help a bit with clearing others first..

So guess what, the dps join the tank in elte first. So currently I am tanking. Some of the dog pulls early on are tough enough to get a tank through alive, but I am a healer...
Eventually we hit boss + doggies. Tank kinds forgot to finish the trashpull in front of it though. Well that made the healing a lot of fun, especially since also the dps forgot about the dogs that were still bashing me.

Eventually a dps notices my cries for help and gets me out alive. I can join the bossfight now with everyone at about 20% health. At this point I decided to ignore the fight and turn super awesome mega action healing team go! mode. And the dogs here are random here anyway so I expect a chaotic fight

We grt through. Tank is still in single target mode and leaps for the targets who are cc'd.
Now boarding party.
Again I am tanking and in samaht go! mode. I manage to keep everyone alive for most of the fight. At some point the tank notices that he is not tanking. Though he should have done this earlier.. Agent is last one alive and does his special attack against me. I die in 2 seconds.
Sage dps turns awesome and offheals and they manage to kill the agent. But seriously, why did I have to die

Tank turns single target mode again. Trashpulls yada yada.
Turrets in front of last boss. I get my 30stacks ready while we wait for the tank to pull. Btw tank is a guardian. Most of you can probably guess what will happen now.
The tank runs towards the boss and 'skips' the turrets by leaping to the boss. I had to double heck that when I saw that happening. Did he really just do that? Yep..
So the dps decide to save me by killing the not-so-very-well-skipped-turrets.

Now the boss fight. At this point I knew for certain one thing was going to happen. The tank would forget about the turrets and probably the dps as well. Guess what, I was right for only the first 2 platforms, mostly.
Boss jumps to platform 2, dps switch to turrets on platform 1 that are bashing me. Turrets on platform 2 start bashing me. Boss starts bashing on tank and tank runs to boss.
The boss had another early jump but that was because the tank was hitting him. The dps were saving my butt by killing turrets. Om platform 3 the tank turns tank mode and the turrets die before the boss jumps.

So probably newbs who were still learning (and learned last boss fairly fast). Still a few weird moments in there
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

slafko
05.22.2014 , 01:30 AM | #3126
Quote: Originally Posted by AdirahBerkovich View Post
I know Maras and Sents are prone to this kind of leapery, as well as DPS Juggs, but really, what is it with leapers and their issues with Shadows? It kind of wants me to skip flashpointing on my Shadow until I get my pull. In which case, the Sent really can't mess up my opening rotation ( very much ) anymore unless he really gets ahead.
Since they usually leap the strongest available mob, I just let them have it and clear the weaker ones. Some of them start panicking at 30% health, some of them start whining when they die but they all fall in line quickly.

Sent: "Tank, Y U NO take this huge droid off me? DO UR JOB! I DIEDED"
Me: "I'm sorry, I was too busy doing your job and since you engaged the droid on your own I figured you wanted to tank it and didn't want to spoil your fun."
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

Halinalle
05.22.2014 , 02:10 AM | #3127

I decide to ignore as tank has engaged the trash mobs. I run ahead, and engage the mobs, healer following close by but the Sin not moving an inch. we go into the first room with droids, and 3 man the whole room with the sin not moving from zone in area. Tank asks - "You plan on Moving your fat *** tubby?" (sin was a body type 4 male). Sin's reply - "A Lowly agent fails to practice logic and display show of gratitude to a member of the dark council, he must be punished". Tank replies back - "You Wanna RP, **** we're running a HMFP here". but the Sin won't budge. Tank then says - "ok, I'll play your game....The Emperor's Wrath Commands you to engage in battle!" Sorc healer whispers me - "Am I missing something here?"
Best story ever!

Oh, and does anyone know what's up with Shadows/Assassins who think they are ranged-only?
I mean level 30+s, not the level 15 ones.
The Progenitor: Legacy 50, 31 characters
The Red Eclipse: Legacy 34, 11 characters

Jeweledleah
05.22.2014 , 02:23 AM | #3128
Quote: Originally Posted by MWidowmaker View Post
you owe me a soda to replace the one i just spit out from laughing
I've been laughing for the last 5 minutes :P

that and keyword wouldn't work anymore by that point :P

Maqeurious
05.22.2014 , 02:27 AM | #3129
Not so much a flashpoint story, but a heroic, so here we go.

I'd finished the seeker droid missions ages ago, so I only had the final Heroic 4 to go (Alchemy of Evil). I'd scoured my guild and Ilum for weeks, but no one wanted to do it all, so I gave up trying to find a group, went pubside for a few days and dabbled with a slinger. Last night I went back to my merc for something I can't remember now, and low and behold one of my guildies was asking for more people to do this particular heroic. I had other things to do in RL, but knowing this could possibly be my only chance I jumped at the opportunity.

My guildmate (we shall call Bob, merc) was teamed up with one other person (we shall call John, assassin) from another guild. Now, John had said he'd done the heroic before so he knew what was going on. Awesome for me, since I didn't know what the ins and outs were. I had dulfy's guide up in the background just in case though. Already Bob and John are arguing about something, clearly from before I joined the group. We zone in and run along and fight a couple of mobs until the first boss. John gives a brief explaination to the mechanics, and we down him without too much trouble. I'm thinking to myself... hell, this is super easy! We get to the final boss and something catches Bob's eye as well as mine. We have entered spectator mode while talking to Tagriss. Bob brings it up in chat, but John says it's normal. He also mentions that he'd never fought Tagriss before, so didn't know any of the mechanics. After an initial period of '*** do we do..?' we figured out about the crystals and the box, blah blah... and beat him down to finish the heroic. Again, im thinking hey... this is super easy. A few mobs, 2 bosses... nothing to it.

WELL! That's when the verbal doodie hit the fan. Bob went into a tirade that his heroic didn't update. I gave mine a quick glance and noticed it hadn't updated either. John, on the other hand, had his updated. We all went back out to the entrance and another arguement broke out between Bob and John. Every time John would say something (eg:... Dude.. it's ok. We'll do it again.") he'd get a mouthful (fingerful?? eww.. that's not right) from Bob. They had this huge back and forth about instances and story owners and resetting phases. Bob and I reset and I enter first this time. I notice the story phase belongs to me, so we start.

The first thing I notice is there is a huge mob standing in front of us that wasn't there before. We kill them and move on to another mob that wasn't there before. The cogs move into place for Bob who starts another tirade to John, bagging him for doing half of the heroic before and not telling us, which was the reason behind Bob and I not having it update first time through. We get to the room before the canisters, and Bob dies and refuses to rez until John admits he played us the first time. I throw into chat that I just want to continue and finish it and don't care about the run before.

Bob then goes afk, leaving John and I to do the canisters and generator thingy. I'd never done it before, so it took me a bit to figure what John meant when he explained it to me, but we eventually die. One of the walls went red, mobs poured out and killed John. Then they all came for me and killed me. John had rezed by then, and somehow agroed the mob again, so he was trying to fight them off. I rez and head off to heal, but John brings all the adds to me and I end up in a brawl while John dies. Bob has returned and rezes finally, and all the beasties head off to him to beat him down, while John rezes and enters the fray. All the while, between our staggered rezing and dying, all the doors in the hallway have opened and all the mobs are swarming. It was insane, lol. John screams in chat.. 'JUST ALL DIE! WE'LL START AGAIN!" and this sets Bob off on another verbal spree. We all rez to med center, Bob still going off and John telling him to calm down, and I'm laughing my *** off. Then John realizes, his finished heroic mission (telling him to go to DK) has reset and he has to fight Tagriss again. So, we ALL reset our phases. This will be the forth time going through.

We hammer through to the hallway again and I have the idea of the generators down, so John tells Bob to handle the one add that should spawn, just to keep him off us so we don't get oneshot and die. Well, this doesn't go down well with Bob and he rages that he can't because he's a healer. Too late, the instance starts and Bob doesn't no how to do the caniters, so I jump on them and send treek to occupy the add. We get it down and done without an iota of trouble. We carry on and get to the final guy, and after an unsteady start beat him down and finish the heroic. All the while I've been tracking my quest log to make sure it's updating, which it is. After it's done, and hour and a half later, John leaves without a word, and I'm left thinking....

...this poor assasin, lol. Ok, he should have told us up front he was already halfway through the heroic before trying to find help. This way, we could have all had out quests reset and all be on the same page. Starting from the very beginning of the heroic instead of us (Bob and I) going through it for no reason the first time. Yes, he should have said something. But also, after the verbal barrage he got from Bob, he could have left and handed in his quest and finished. He didn't have to stay and help us get ours, especially after all of that. Come the last time through, he had no choice but to do it again, but still. If I had someone barking at me a whole run, I would have left.

I sent him a whisper thanking him for taking me through it, even though a good chunk of it turned into a pile of doodie, but appriciated his patience and help. He replied in kind and that was that.

I have an amazingly high tolerance for screw-up-ery. It would have to be something enormously bad for me to quit a group for anything. Yeah, we did this heroic halfway through 3 times, had a 3 stooges moment where we kept dying/rezing/dying/rezing hilariously and then a full run on the forth. A lot of people would have quit well before that, especially how the chat was declining into snipes and ALL THE CAPS!!

So yeah.... jeez that was long lol

rantboi
05.22.2014 , 04:49 AM | #3130
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Oh, and does anyone know what's up with Shadows/Assassins who think they are ranged-only?
I mean level 30+s, not the level 15 ones.
probably same as the level 55 operatives who kneel down at max range and start sniping