Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Strajder
05.20.2014 , 03:36 AM | #3091
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
Or maybe QUick Shot (can't remember op name)
Overload Shot. But yeah, both that and Rifle Shot are ok when you have exhausted other abilities with more priority or are closing in from range. The poster I quoted was a bit vague regarding if he really used Snipe or not, though. Only at the end he mentions "standard blaster attack".

Halinalle
05.20.2014 , 03:49 AM | #3092
It's not that difficult to see if it was Snipe or default attack because to use Snipe you have to stop.

g_land
05.20.2014 , 10:08 AM | #3093
Last night, Kaon Under Siege HM, grouped up with a lvl 50 shadow dps 13k hp, 54 dps vanguard 16k hp, 55 shadow tank 20k hp, me on my sage all 180 gear queued as healer with 2 piece set bonus. 55 tank starts instance by pulling first group at doorway, okay whatever guess they decided to give the lowbies the bonus quests, fine with me.

Continue forward and start killing things that are way out of the path and not even close to needed for the bonus. As we move forward i notice all the mobs are glowing with the taunt animation to start combat... tank is constantly losing aggro to the level 50 shadow with 13k hp... we get to the first "boss" cutscene and i get all the aggro while dps start killing low mobs. Move to the first rakghoul ambush and everyone gets hit by the exploding plaguebearers, dps learn their lesson quickly tank does not. To this point I have managed to keep everyone alive; however, guessing people have not done this instance before because there is no telltale holding back a bit where any of the ambushes pop and one of the dps dies during these attacks. Tank continues moving forward and initiates combat before the dps is rezzed and cause i was rezzing the one dps the other dies in the new pull.

At this point I start typing in chat, no one has been interrupting anything and the tank can't hold aggro. Not only can he not hold aggro but he never pulls from stealth and never uses tk throw to get Shadowed Protection. I ask if he could do so and for the very next pull, they run up out of stealth and initiate combat with tk throw... fail. I put in chat to use it with three stacks of harnessed shadows... tank quits group instantly. I pull out nadia, requeue us and happiness ensues till bonus boss. Bonus boss is going fine and everyone stays alive until a tank pops for our q and nadia disappears lol, two dps die and I run for my life until the tank gets in range and aggroes the boss and adds, dps run back and we kill boss through enrage. Finish instance without further issues. Kudos to the dps for sticking it out and following directions after the tank dropped!

Shadow tank fail, it would be awesome if people in this game would actually take the time to read the skill in the skill tree when they get to them... k thanks!

Ryuku-sama
05.20.2014 , 11:46 AM | #3094
Quote: Originally Posted by g_land View Post
Shadow tank fail, it would be awesome if people in this game would actually take the time to read the skill in the skill tree when they get to them... k thanks!
Are you dreaming bro??? People + reading + skill + taking time in the same sentance, are you crazy??
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

mustopak
05.20.2014 , 11:51 AM | #3095
Empire, 55HM Hammer Station.

Not particularly weird enough, but worth telling. Went as Marauder Healer. Heeeeeeeh. So anyways seeing I'm the only odd one out of the three ladies(?) with 27k HP, this should allow me to #maratankhealerDPS. Cleared entrance trash mobs. Then the Sniper DPS said that the Pyrotech Tank should guard me cause I'm gonna rip agro like mad. No Guards. Went pretty smooth until the 1st big droid boss. Operative Healer didn't cleanse Droid's laser, tank down. Told her about the cleanse and her response was "on CD". I further explained the rotation and the way the cleansing works. Three wipes later, she finally got it. Yay!

Sniper DPS accidentally pulled a group of mobs, tank went down, and quits. I bring out my Jaesa and mara tanked for abit. Another tank joins in and she was alot better. Guarded me and everything went pretty smoothly after. Me and the Sniper further explained how to Operative heals and last boss was a breeze. I'm proud of the Healer cause she picks up quick.

Republic, 55HM Cademimu

I always hated this FP cause it's long and tedious. Went in as Scoundrel Heals and skipped most of the mobs. It was 30 minutes before maintenance. I know the Guardian tank from a friend of mine, and knew that she's not a good tank. Challenge, I suppose. Me and the two DPS did our share of tanking cause she's... well. Up to the last boss Ortol. I had hoped that he wasn't bugged and boy I was wrong. Each time he shackles us, all 4 of us got it. We had to time our CC breakers by turns and it was not pleasant. 5 wipes later, tank died but we got through it.

This is the part where I completely lose it. 2 minutes before maintenance, I tried to ress the tank with 1 second left of the ress channeling, but instead she respawned / released, walked back and got into combat while we were desperately waiting for the 10 second channel of Exit Area. Yep, our Exit Area got cancelled, so we all quit the group but too late, by the time we got to the fleet boom the server goes down. We all didn't manage to submit our weekly. I was truly angry at that time cause that tank is acting beyond stupid........

/creis evrytiem.
Raid Leader <The Ex-Dalborran Elitist>
Tired of carrying bads thru new GF changes.
--> My Drawings <--

Halinalle
05.20.2014 , 12:36 PM | #3096
Quote: Originally Posted by g_land View Post
he never pulls from stealth
Is there any other reason to do this other than Shadow's Respite?

venomlash
05.20.2014 , 01:57 PM | #3097
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Once you're at level 40, you get access to Shadow Wrap/Conspirator's Cloak. Yeah, it's the skill that lets you use Shadow Strike/Maul for cheap and while facing enemies (procced by Double Strike/Thrash and Spinning Strike/Assassinate, 10s rate limit). Pretty neat, right?
Well, that talent also gives you stacks of Shadow Protection/Dark Protection when you come out of stealth. Really quite useful; it saves you from having to wait 6 GCDs (9 seconds) to get all your buffs up.

BobFredJohn
05.20.2014 , 02:02 PM | #3098
seems some people misunderstood my post on sin/shadow tanks, ill try explain myself better.

I understand there are bad tanks in each class, just I feel bad sin tanks are worse than bad jugg or bad PT. Simply from my opinion that there is a lot less incentive for sin to hold arrgo
1. They have a larger array of threat reducers (jugg has 1, shadow has 3 including stealth, so I assume sin has 3 too).
2. IMO they take damage faster than the other 2 tank classes.
3. Their self-heals seem less effective (though on that point, sorc healers PLEASE DONT POP STATIC BARRIER ON A JUGG WHEN IT HAS ENRAGED DEFENCE ON!!!!!!!).
4. The basic fact that sin doesnt get its tanking stance until level 14 (granted its only 4 levels behind the other 2 tanks but still, if someone specs as a tank class shouldnt they be allowed to tank straight away?

As such I believe bad sin tanks are worse than bad other tanks as they have more options to drop aggro if they wanted to, which results in a bad reputation for all those that want to tank. I myself still find when that group pops up with a sin in the tank role im always waiting to see if they are actually a tank and, afraid to say more often than not they will stealth during the middle of the fight, run off then flame on the healer.

An when i stated that the most damaging melee attack can only be done behind, I pointed that out as I always find keeping aggro is alot easier if your DPS is reasonably high.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Gardimuer
05.20.2014 , 02:29 PM | #3099
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Shadow/Sin tanks get 4 stacks of damage reduction after coming out of stealth. It's best to have those stacks up at the start of combat because it will be many GCDs before the 4 stacks can be gained from TK/Force Lightning.

Gardimuer
05.20.2014 , 02:36 PM | #3100
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
seems some people misunderstood my post on sin/shadow tanks, ill try explain myself better.

I understand there are bad tanks in each class, just I feel bad sin tanks are worse than bad jugg or bad PT. Simply from my opinion that there is a lot less incentive for sin to hold arrgo
1. They have a larger array of threat reducers (jugg has 1, shadow has 3 including stealth, so I assume sin has 3 too).
2. IMO they take damage faster than the other 2 tank classes.
3. Their self-heals seem less effective (though on that point, sorc healers PLEASE DONT POP STATIC BARRIER ON A JUGG WHEN IT HAS ENRAGED DEFENCE ON!!!!!!!).
4. The basic fact that sin doesnt get its tanking stance until level 14 (granted its only 4 levels behind the other 2 tanks but still, if someone specs as a tank class shouldnt they be allowed to tank straight away?

As such I believe bad sin tanks are worse than bad other tanks as they have more options to drop aggro if they wanted to, which results in a bad reputation for all those that want to tank. I myself still find when that group pops up with a sin in the tank role im always waiting to see if they are actually a tank and, afraid to say more often than not they will stealth during the middle of the fight, run off then flame on the healer.

An when i stated that the most damaging melee attack can only be done behind, I pointed that out as I always find keeping aggro is alot easier if your DPS is reasonably high.
Honestly, when it comes to bad tanks I fear bad jug tanks most since they have very limited ability to hold aggro compared to the other 2. I can heal one person taking a lot of damage (i.e. bad Sin tank) but not me and both dps taking damage (i.e. bad Jug tank). Sin tanks actually have higher DPS than Jugs if they are doing their rotation correctly. I've never had a sin tank stealth out on the group, but I have seen Jug and Powertech tanks who get tunnel vision and chain pull without waiting for the healer.