Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Irongut
05.19.2014 , 04:35 AM | #3081
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
Im politely ask in group: "Whats wrong?"
And once again i understand that KDY is evil...
Answer was - Tanks cannot wear light armor, noob! L2P!

Most weird part of my story, that votekick is ACCEPTED!!!

I don't know if those guys was trolling or something, but fact is a fact - there are some people who think that shadow/sin cannot be tanks...
Sounds like you were better off being kicked, you were in a group that would have provided a truly epic post for this thread.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

Strajder
05.19.2014 , 03:36 PM | #3082
Quote: Originally Posted by Trentest View Post
Do u not understand mmos???" "stop using snipe, use ur close range you moron" "are you deaf as well as stupid?? ur close range, not ranged ffs"

Note this is all against ONE group of mobs.

Once we're done, I reply something along the lines of "I dunno what you mean, I'm playing my class fine."
If you used Snipe as a DPS Operative you weren't doing your rotation correctly. He was still overreacting and a bit of a jerk though.

Source: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/04/swtor-le...s-class-guide/

BobFredJohn
05.19.2014 , 04:00 PM | #3083
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
I know that someone might find this really funny, but it starting to bother me...

Was queued for HM FP on my sin tank (geared of course).
Team was: sniper, oper and jugg.

I got Cademimu.
I was ready to begin first pull and suddenly this happend...

Vote kick with note - not a tank. Coming from jugg.

I was a little confused. Checking my gear - all good. Check stance - dark charge. 43k HP.
All good as it should be.

Im politely ask in group: "Whats wrong?"
And once again i understand that KDY is evil...
Answer was - Tanks cannot wear light armor, noob! L2P!

Most weird part of my story, that votekick is ACCEPTED!!!

I don't know if those guys was trolling or something, but fact is a fact - there are some people who think that shadow/sin cannot be tanks...
I would suggest its other sin "tanks" that are letting you down.
I use jugg to tank on Imp and Vang on Rep (prefer Vang, can position myself to see everything, dont have to stand in the middle of the enemies to hold the aggro).

But the number of times I run as DPS or healer and see sin/shadow "tank" granted they are in dark charge, but why is it whenever a sin tank gets as low as 60% do they pop stealth and run away. Im afraid sin tanks get a bad image due to the number of people who click the "Im playing tank role" box to get their quick pop, they pull because "thats what tanks do" but apart from that?

And I myself have wondered why BW stated sin/shadow is a tank class (light armour and shealth, with 1 of their most powerful lightsaber attacks only works if your behind enemy, meaning either you have lost aggro and need to steal it back or that ability is completely redundant.)

Having said that, jugg kicking you for having light armour? what a tard, especially as he clearly could have queued tank but decided its too much like hard work.
When Voltaire was on his death bead a priest told him to "renounce the devil". He responded "this is no time to be making enemies.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Jeweledleah
05.19.2014 , 05:18 PM | #3084
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
I use jugg to tank on Imp and Vang on Rep (prefer Vang, can position myself to see everything, dont have to stand in the middle of the enemies to hold the aggro).

But the number of times I run as DPS or healer and see sin/shadow "tank" granted they are in dark charge, but why is it whenever a sin tank gets as low as 60% do they pop stealth and run away. Im afraid sin tanks get a bad image due to the number of people who click the "Im playing tank role" box to get their quick pop, they pull because "thats what tanks do" but apart from that?

And I myself have wondered why BW stated sin/shadow is a tank class (light armour and shealth, with 1 of their most powerful lightsaber attacks only works if your behind enemy, meaning either you have lost aggro and need to steal it back or that ability is completely redundant.)

Having said that, jugg kicking you for having light armour? what a tard, especially as he clearly could have queued tank but decided its too much like hard work.
http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith...s/talent-build

I advise you to look at the talent called conspirator's cloak, second row from the top. it should answer your maul question. in addition - the fact that as a tank your job is to build threat, not to deal as much damage as possible, and there are abilities sin tanks have that accomplish that much better then maul. wither, shock, etc.

Assassins are interesting tanks when played well with some pretty kickbutt cooldowns (and no, cloaking is not one of them, but force shroud for example is. so I can totally see why bioware made cloth wearers capable of tanking. they are sadly not always played well. however. I've ran with bad tanks of all classes, so its not limited to assassins. even if the latest "tank" that made me facepalm and put them on ignore was madness assassin in mostly dps gear, not even a shield, staying in madness spec. still I wouldn't have minded too much, if they at least grabbed everything, or if dps helped, but noooo... healer tank ftw >_> /ahem. aaaaanyways

CrazyGreggy
05.19.2014 , 05:19 PM | #3085
Shadow Wrap, a high end talent in the tank tree, makes Shadow Strike/Maul usable from in front of the mob.

venomlash
05.19.2014 , 05:47 PM | #3086
Quote: Originally Posted by Strajder View Post
If you used Snipe as a DPS Operative you weren't doing your rotation correctly. He was still overreacting and a bit of a jerk though.

Source: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/04/swtor-le...s-class-guide/
It's worse than that, I'm afraid. If you read the post closely, he wasn't even using Snipe; he was using Rifle Shots while closing in on a target.

Fidelicatessen
05.19.2014 , 09:41 PM | #3087
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
Shadow Wrap, a high end talent in the tank tree, makes Shadow Strike/Maul usable from in front of the mob.
Shadow Wrap®! Keep sandwiches fresher, longer!

Ryuku-sama
05.19.2014 , 10:11 PM | #3088
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
It's worse than that, I'm afraid. If you read the post closely, he wasn't even using Snipe; he was using Rifle Shots while closing in on a target.
Or maybe QUick Shot (can't remember op name)
Soon™: Soon™ does not imply any particular date, year, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. Soon™ shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. Do not make plans based on Soon™ as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at Soon™.

Halinalle
05.19.2014 , 10:32 PM | #3089
I only do this as DPS. As a tank? In KDY, at ~15%. Normal FPs? I will go down if healer refuses to heal me.
Why? Force Cloak + Blackout = you exit combat, dps/healer gets aggro.
AFAIK, that's not "tank's job".

Dealing damage isn't important for tank. Threat. It's the only thing that matters. Maul/Shadow Strike is kinda useless without the proc anyway unless the enemy is almost dead. But even at lower levels you can always stun the enemy and run forward -> Maul/Shadow Strike -> run back to where you were before. For single target threat you already have your killer ability: Shock/Project. For AoE threat you have Wither/Slow Time and Discharge/Force Breach
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

slafko
05.20.2014 , 12:55 AM | #3090
Shadow tank > everything else in the game, kthx.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!