Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Halinalle
05.13.2014 , 09:37 AM | #3011
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Being the tank doesn't mean you are the leader.
Then why people require these from tank:
- better gear than what drops in FP/OP (in most cases two tiers higher)
- they must know the content so well that they could do it blindfolded, solo without companion.

When you are close to the bonus boss almost none will disagree to kill him since its such a small amount of time.
To be honest I can't remember when I was in group that agreed to kill bonus boss in BT.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 3x Assassin (2xP, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

thewitchdoctor
05.13.2014 , 09:41 AM | #3012
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Then why people require these from tank:
- better gear than what drops in FP/OP (in most cases two tiers higher)
- they must know the content so well that they could do it blindfolded, solo without companion.
I'm pretty sure it is General Order 1 in PUGs that "Thou Must Have Greater Gear Than What Dropeth Here.' But it is true for all roles. Tanks may get the more creative flak, but PUGs are chock-a-block full of weird expectations.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: Carnage Marauder - Gunslinger - Sage
Tanks: Guardian - Juggernaut - Powertech - Assassin

TheRampage
05.13.2014 , 09:43 AM | #3013
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
calm down TheRampage, its only a game.

I think the point they are trying to make is you demonstrate yourself as rude/obnoxious "if you dont like how I do it then leave" while claiming to be "nice and polite"

On the subject of who's right, who cares? Personally i couldnt care less if the bonus is done or not, its only a game. I have noticed though (mainly end game) people dont share that view, they all take it so seriously.

For example I ran korriban incursion with my sniper, at the end loot was some lovely boots that were better than what i had currently, so i pop need, 2 others pop greed, 4th says "can i need for my comp," my response "click what you want" and suddenly im flamed by the 2 others for letting the ninja looter get away with it (its nothing to do with them), in the end the other bloke gets the boots and 1 of those that clicked greed says "welcome to ignore list noob sniper" (meaning me) people really should learn that the whole point of a game is to relax.
But really - I'm not trying to make that point, seriously, even if my comment was like that. As I said, as soon as I port in "I'm doing all for achievement", if one complains I'll ignore him, if all complain and are against it I'll leave, it seems rather fair. No cursing, ************, hard feelings, anything, I can't and won't force people to do something if they don't want to.

My whole idea is that when you have different people wanting different stuff, and in this case we are talking about flashpoint, is that either somebody will back down and do what other guy wants, or one of them will leave because he doesn't want to do that - had that situation while I was leveling my sage dps, healer wanted to do full D7, rest of us didn't. He said gl and he left, no hard feelings.
And in that situations, tanks is the the one who decides and the one who "wins". Is it because tanks get insant pop and without them you are stuck in quee for 1 hour? Yeah, probably it is, is it fair? Probably it isnt...

You don't care about bonus, people who are into those things care. To them doing just end boss, while skping 2-3-4 infront which count as well is pointless. In that case, they will either kill all or just leave.
Raphâel - Not Good Enough

Halinalle
05.13.2014 , 09:44 AM | #3014
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
I'm pretty sure it is General Order 1 in PUGs that "Thou Must Have Greater Gear Than What Dropeth Here.' But it is true for all roles. Tanks may get the more creative flak, but PUGs are chock-a-block full of weird expectations.
Yes, but why full Black Market requirement for level 50 HMs?
Nevermind, I couldn't tank those anyway because I've never done any HMs apart from BT.

thewitchdoctor
05.13.2014 , 09:49 AM | #3015
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Yes, but why full Black Market requirement for level 50 HMs?
I'll be honest: I have never seen that demand made of anyone in my GF FPs. But, as it is a frequent theme in this thread, I'll take it on face value that it happens.

Why? I suspect because people know PUGs are not a sure thing and want to minimize risk as much as possible. Although, obviously, if you demand that someone has all the gear that drops ... why would they queue ... making tanks (or healers or even DPS) even rarer.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: Carnage Marauder - Gunslinger - Sage
Tanks: Guardian - Juggernaut - Powertech - Assassin

BigBreakfast
05.13.2014 , 11:01 AM | #3016
HM cad on my jugg tank. Healers were quite the issue this night.

TLDR: Healer 1 wanted guard, quit when he didn't get it. New team didn't know what they were doing, wipes at Xander and last boss. Beefy merc to save the day.

Healer #1
Zone in. DPS hp kinda low, but healer is at 32k so I think we should be fine. He takes forever to zone in and move, but finally we start. Now, when I tank Cad HM, i usually hit one of the groups at the bottom of elevator 1, just in case we don't have enough mobs for the bonus by the time we get to it. That's probably not the norm but oh well, it's what I chose to do.

Mobs are spread out, with the gold farther away that moved into combat. As soon as I realize i jump to it, and some of the weaker mobs end up hitting the healer.

Afterwards the healer says,
"why are you attacking large groups that you don't have to?
"And not keeping aggro?"
There was obvious condescension behind that question. I felt like saying more, but all i said was, "calm down."
Then we're at the group after the cantina ambush. There's usually a gold droid further in that circulates, and I didn't see it, so I just focused on the 4. Of course, once the droid came into range, healer aggro does its thing and the droid boss shoots like 2 lasers before i taunt it.

After, he asks for a guard. This is how the conversation went:
“Can i get a guard?”
Me: “Do you really need the 5% damage reduction?”
“Apparently”
“I could also use the threat reduction “
Me: “you don't need threat reduction”
“Apparently “
Me: “You're not pulling threat from me. You're pulling threat from a mob that nobody's attacking.”
So I explained how if nobody is hitting the mob, healer aggro will pick it up. Didn't even want to attempt to mention DPS kill priority.
"i'm not going to argue with you all night”
So I said, "suits me" and added a, "read about it, please" right before he quit group. His dps friend also left right after. So, we waited, and 5 minutes later we get 2 more. Great, I didn't do a quick hp check, i was just so happy i could actually finish the weekly.

Healer #2
Turns out the healer had 20k health. Had trouble keeping me up and apologized for his bad gear, but I usually dont make a fuss over that. Besides, it wasn't even his lack of healing that caused problems, but his skills in general.

So, Xander. I made sure to ask if anyone had not done it before. Only 1 spoke up, so I explained it. When the droid started to target, nobody moved behind the circle. The healer got stuck in the box twice, and the others got frozen multiple times. It was a mess usually typical of SM runs but oh well, we finished on the 3rd time.

Wiped twice on the way to the Wookie. First was at the bridge where the 4 appear if you go too far. Healer went too far. Next round, The three of them ran off and agrroed the group at the elevator while i was farther behind, wipe.

The original DPS said he had to leave and quit (mmhmm). Replaced with a beefy 39k Merc (at this point i'm with an entirely new group). First time he stole threat on wookie, guarded. Smooth sailing until final boss. Merc and I explain the fight, but the first two die in the fire. Merc resses healer but healer doesn't move and dies again. We almost get him down but I get shackled at an inopportune moment and die, Merc tries heroically but dies with boss at 4%. 2nd try, the healer and dps die again in the fire. Merc resses healer again, he stays alive this time, and we down him.

BigBreakfast
05.13.2014 , 11:34 AM | #3017
...Being the tank doesn't mean you are the leader. It only means you are the one initiating the combat. Nothing more, nothing less...
This.

Whatever happened to manners? To think that you are anything more than combat coordinator/meat shield is ridiculous. Ask for extras first... if 3 don't want to do it, why inconvenience all of them? Being a tank is not an excuse to be selfish. You are not special; you simply fill a role.

Halinalle
05.13.2014 , 11:36 AM | #3018
Quote: Originally Posted by BigBreakfast View Post
To think that you are anything more than combat coordinator/meat shield is ridiculous.
Remove "combat coordinator" from that and it's closer to truth.
That title is now exclusive to Marauder/Sentinel/Sniper.

Khevar
05.13.2014 , 11:54 AM | #3019
To think that you are anything more than combat coordinator/meat shield is ridiculous. <snip> You are not special; you simply fill a role.
I do believe that all players should be acting cooperatively in a group, and should not be rude.

That said, I firmly believe that a tank IS something special, and more than just a "meat shield". Do you realize that anyone that tanks has decided to give up 2/3rds of the damage they COULD be doing, for the sole purpose of helping the group survive?

Any mechanic-heavy content is dependent upon the tank positioning, taunting at the right time, and knowing what to do. The tank has to control the field of battle and help keep the group alive. A good tank is a gem, and IS special.

idnewton
05.13.2014 , 12:26 PM | #3020
HM cad on my jugg tank. Healers were quite the issue this night.

TLDR: Healer 1 wanted guard, quit when he didn't get it. New team didn't know what they were doing, wipes at Xander and last boss. Beefy merc to save the day.
Your luck is almost as bad as mine

I had an Assault on Tython as a Sorc with a 30k Assassin with no lightsaber charge, a Sorc healer with 23k HP, and a Mara with 15k HP who spammed Assault at full rage, asked for 'help' several seconds after he was dead, and needed on willpower gear.

Harbinger community, working as intended.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 21
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +28,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽