Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Ryuku-sama
05.09.2014 , 05:43 AM | #2941
Quote: Originally Posted by Whojoo View Post
In other words, this thread will get a few hundred new pages in a few months?

The trash between trasher and infiltration will be fun then! Ooh and more sentinels who think they are tanks
I'm a sentinel who think he is tank and I'm offended
/sarcasm off
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Elusive_Thing
05.09.2014 , 06:24 AM | #2942
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
I'm a sentinel who think he is tank and I'm offended
/sarcasm off
Don't hide your pride. We tanktinels are a rare, proud breed.

slafko
05.09.2014 , 06:54 AM | #2943
Rare?

If only.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

Mmurph
05.09.2014 , 07:59 AM | #2944
I've successfully tanked plenty on my marauder. The actual tank tunnel visions one enemy (wit the other DPS) while I tank everything else in a desperate attempt to keep things off the healer. I then get thanked for my tanking at the end of the fp.

Halinalle
05.09.2014 , 09:20 AM | #2945
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post
Don't hide your pride. We tanktinels are a rare, proud breed.
Rare? It's rare to get one sentinel in the group who knows his/her role (stay alive, protect the healer and kill stuff in correct order).
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 3x Assassin (2xP, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

Darkelefantos
05.09.2014 , 10:19 AM | #2946
New story, I'll keep it short. Czerka Labs SM (!). 2 Tanks, 2 DPS, not bad, not great. The Powertech tank thinks he's ranged and stays out of melee range, using things like Missile blast and Unload, causing me on my Jugg to take over tanking after the 3rd or so pull because it took forever.
We get to the Security boss. Oh my god. The fight, simple as it is, TOOK US MORE THAN 8 MINUTES!
He got to his "Rocket Launcher of Doom" phase at 45% HP, used it to kill both DPS and left me pseudo-soloing the rest of the fight, because our ranged tank did so little DPS.
Good god. I don't even understand how that happens.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

Reallynotaknight
05.09.2014 , 12:49 PM | #2947
Quote: Originally Posted by Icarus-Iso View Post
On a slightly different note... Tactical FPs when you have two or more healers and one healer decides not to DPS. At all. Just stand there at times and wait for someone to heal. Now that is starting to get on my nerves. Between Heals Over Time and the occasional AOE Heal you don't really need to do anything more heal wise so smack the enemy! Please!
Whenever I see we have another healer and I am on my op healer I usually give them the option to heal or dps. Most chose dps, so they can mess around a bit for a run. Every now and then I will get some lvl 15 that insists on healing, even though I have access to much more of my healing tree.

One of the few times I have ever quit KDY was like that, the other three were all in the same guild and they wiped on a decently easy pull. I wasn't really looking at health bars so when they went down I just dropped combat with stealth. I asked the healer if he wanted to switch to dps and let me keep his guildies up and he began all caps screaming that we need to slow down and let him bubble everyone before each pull.

I figured if it was going to yell at it's guild mates like that the rest of the run would be equally annoying and dropped.
Reallynotatank Shieldtech Powertech
Donotwant Madness Sorc
Whatsahealer Operative Healer
Ahhrunaway Merc

tharbison
05.09.2014 , 01:31 PM | #2948
Quote: Originally Posted by Mmurph View Post
I've successfully tanked plenty on my marauder. The actual tank tunnel visions one enemy (wit the other DPS) while I tank everything else in a desperate attempt to keep things off the healer. I then get thanked for my tanking at the end of the fp.
Cool story! And I've successfully tanked plenty on my heal spec'd Sorc when the tank and dps tunnel trash. But no one ever thanks me

FrozenGoalie
05.09.2014 , 03:13 PM | #2949
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Now that 16 manned opses become even more accessible I fear that SWTOR will dumb down even further in the future
AND you don't get ultimates from 8m SM, which makes it practically useless. Now these people who need bolster just to be able to touch the boss will be getting ults every time they run an op, even though 8m is harder

That said, this will be fun, in a way. Can't wait to try it :P
The Starrunner Legacy
<A Slight Weapons Malfunction> <Plausible Deniability>
<No Such Thing As Luck>
The Ebon Hawk

bob-a
05.10.2014 , 08:57 AM | #2950
ran into a disturbing new trend yesterday. At least, I sincerely hope its not going to be a trend.

Did all the pieces/shrouds last stand first, which went extremely well. I mean, so well that both runs were over in less than 30 mins. People who done those before should know that those runs can take the entire afternoon if you are unlucky. So naturally, I was pretty psyched up afterwards. To use a Star Wars quote: I felt like I could take on the whole Empire myself.

I decided to queue for a flashpoint immediately afterwards. Big, big mistake.
Very soon I got a pop for Korriban incursion. Me on sniper, juggernaut tank, sorcerer heals and marauder dps. In other words: a perfect trinity group.
Run started pretty uneventful, up until we got to the second boss (the droid). The sorcerer and marauder died fairly fast from circles, and the rest of the fight its just me and the Jugg, with me running around like crazy for the heal stations. We end up wiping at 10% health or so.

The Jugg immediately ragequits with the following words: **** this, Im not going to waste my time with clueless idiots. Well I agree the sorc and mara were not the sharpest tools in the box, but to ragequit like that after a single wipe, thats just moronic. Anyways, someone requeues and we get a dps sorc replacement fairly soon.

We try the droid boss again. I have aggro for the entire fight, even with me spamming countermeasures the entire time its off cooldown. Which kinda annoyed me. Normally those damn marauders love to steal aggro from the tank, and when there is no tank I end up with the one who cant take aggro from a countermeasures spamming sniper. Well whatever, we end up killing the droid with me dying at 5% boss health because our healer sorc is really a dpser.

And now comes the disturbing part. The others loot the boss, and dive straight into the next pull, without reviving me. My jaw just drops. No way in hell I was going to retreat (douchebaggery should not be encouraged)
they kill the pull with 3 people, and afterwards one of the sorcs decides to come back to revive me (I could hear him sigh lol, it was very clear his opinion was that reviving a teammate was a waste of his precious time). The sorc then spend 30 seconds or so waiting next to my corpse because the other two had already pulled the next group of mobs I was literally facepalming myself at this point.

After I got finally revived I couldnt resist making a sarcastic comment. I said: Is this a new trend or something? Not even taking the time to revive a fallen teammate? No response.
We work our way to the final boss. At the final pull just before the boss door, the marauder manages to get himself killed. After all the mobs were dead, both sorcs just ignored the dead marauder and clicked the door. I toyed with the thought to ignore him as well and let him run back all the way from the start (the marauder did the same thing with me after all at the droid boss) but I decided to be the bigger man and gave him a rez.
He just got up and walked to the door. No thank you or whatever.

Final boss was fairly uneventful. I toyed with the thought to make a comment about their douchebaggery and that they would all go on ignore, but I was like mwa, run is over, just bail without wasting any more breath on it.

On a side note: I won the speeder, a relic case and a exotic element equalizer, so I basically cleaned out the instance lol. Guess patience and being the bigger man is rewarded sometimes

I really hope I just ended up in a group of douchebags and not taking the time to revive a fallen teammate is not becoming a new trend in flashpoints. It is impolite and not to mention retarded. You are not saving time by letting someone walk back all the way from the entrance. Even a three year old can guess that giving someone a revive is faster than letting someone walk back from the start.