Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Elusive_Thing
05.08.2014 , 03:32 AM | #2911
I still giggle a bit when I think about this... A few weeks back I was leveling my healer Merc. KDY popped and I got a group with an Operative healer, Sorc healer and Smash Juggernaut. We were all between levels 30-51, with Juggernaut being the level 51 fellow. He joked about not being able to die there and oh boy was he right. He did stellar job as the sole DPS (we of course helped) during the first scenario. Then we got the prison scenario and we cleared the first set of cells with no problem. When we ran to the second one, right before he pulled the mob on the platform he literally typed "Let's speed this up! Hold my beer..." and Charged in, but instead of pummeling the group, he Pushed his first victim down.

Needless to say, fecal matter started to assume a tangible form as more and more guards, including the angry bonus boss, decided they had to combine their strength to put an end to our genocidal shenanigans. Patiently we waited and started spreading our HoT's, preparing our cooldowns and all that. Once the first suckers were in range, our hulking brute (body type one female) Juggernaut started Smashing away and we eradicated probably two or three dozen enemies in a glorious bloodbath.

I know this happens at time, but the "hold my beer" part was hilarious and very accurate. Made an easy routine run that much more fun!

slafko
05.08.2014 , 06:02 AM | #2912
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
That's the idea behind that strategy? No need to worry about adds because they try to get healer but can't get close enough to healer.
If you worry about those adds you're either a bad tank or you need practice. Sometimes even both. Practice brings confidence. Using defeatist, frenchway, tactics will not make you a better player. On the contrary.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

Halinalle
05.08.2014 , 06:59 AM | #2913
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
If you worry about those adds you're either a bad tank or you need practice. Sometimes even both. Practice brings confidence. Using defeatist, frenchway, tactics will not make you a better player. On the contrary.
Then why it's so important to kill those adds as fast as possible? Enrage? I didn't know group can wipe because they don't have enough time to kill adds if they use less effective strategy.

We play games to have fun. We don't play games as second job (EVE feels like one sometimes...) where "time is money".
EV 8SM 5/5, KP 8SM 5/5, EC 8SM 4/4, TfB 16SM 0/5, SnV 8SM 7/7
DF 8SM 5/5, DP 16SM 0/5, Rav 16SM 0/5, ToS 16SM 0/5

Subach
05.08.2014 , 07:01 AM | #2914
Quote: Originally Posted by kirbyshocksword View Post
Good thing it wasnt me
Imperial intelligence is fishy though....
Imperial Intellgence? *rimshot*

Isaacone
05.08.2014 , 07:28 AM | #2915
Wasnt exactly a weird group but a weird moment of epicness. Doing hm cademimu on tht general Ortoll fight. We wiped once but hey the healer was a new 55. On our second run we get ortoll down to about 20% and lose the healer, then we lose the tank shortly after then the other dps. AT the point we lost the other dps I was at about 90% hp and ortoll had about 30k hp. I was able to kill him and end up shakled with 3% hp left. Ive got to say I have had one other time in cademimu where something similar happened but that was me tanking it in sm and we lost both dps right away so me and the healer brought him down. But this was the closest fight ive ever been in there.

Cox_The_Beast
05.08.2014 , 08:28 AM | #2916
Last weird moment happened a few days ago. Leveling my scoundrel healer, made just before double exp, I ran Esseles with really no problem, noone died, I kept them up and even managed to offDPS a few times to speed thing up on thrash - and even on the bosses, much to my surprise.
At any rate, I reach 15 and pick up the Tactical FP Weekly - not sure I should be able to though, it's lvl 55!
Anyway, I queue for KDY twice in a row. First run I have a vanguard tank at around 40, a vanguard dps in the 30es and a shadow dps in the 20es. I get guard, but nevermind, if I offDPS I tent to get agro anyway. However, things don't go that great for me - lots of different mob pullings, and even with guard on me I almost always have agro, even though I don't offDPS because I'm busy keeping the others and myself alive... We go on, nevertheless, and I only die once... falling down a ledge while trying to hit an enemy, not noticing my team tryed to push him down and he got stuck in mid air. We even down the sith boss with ease, no deaths nor drama. Still, in the end they even tell me I heal quite well for a 15 lvl.
Second run, though, goes less smoothly. Team is guardian DPS on the high 40es, sentinel close to that, gunslinger around those levels aswell. Gear was not great, but it should have been manageable. As usual, lots of different mobs pulling, but no mid battle rest! Someone always pulls before we finish a mob. Still, we manage, with me tanking and selfhealing... Until the last boss, the droid. Ugh... he always focused me, and I spent more time selfhealing than doing anything, even moving, my damage coming only from Vital Shots I spread out as a measure to help the others. Still, the boss takes AGES to die, really. I managed to use Cool Head 3 times during that fight. And of course, I died in the end... And noone revived me, they just left group and FP. I was forced to resp... just to get stuck back at start, so no rep token nor comms for me. It was surely a bug so I don't blame them for that, but I wonder, why could they not rez me when I asked twice? I always kept them up and so on...!
Needlessly to say, I decide to let it go for the moment, because after that my will to run FP vanished...
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.

Halinalle
05.08.2014 , 08:57 AM | #2917
Quote: Originally Posted by Cox_The_Beast View Post
At any rate, I reach 15 and pick up the Tactical FP Weekly - not sure I should be able to though, it's lvl 55!
They really need to change that.

I managed to use Cool Head 3 times during that fight.
Only 3 times... My record is 10x Sabotage -> Cool Head during Station Guardian One fight. I was the only one who killed adds...

And of course, I died in the end... And noone revived me, they just left group and FP. I was forced to resp... just to get stuck back at start, so no rep token nor comms for me. It was surely a bug so I don't blame them for that, but I wonder, why could they not rez me when I asked twice? I always kept them up and so on...!
Let me guess, they didn't say "Hello" at the beginning or spammed "spacebar!1!!".

Just had one of those runs:
- "Spacebar!!"
- Someone thought it would be great if we fight two groups at same time.
- We had one of the difficult elite defenders and of course my tankasin died because I'm noob at tanking.
- No revive from anyone, had to run back there to get my commendation. Wasted my and everyone else's time by doing that.
- I was the only one who said "ty" at the end.
EV 8SM 5/5, KP 8SM 5/5, EC 8SM 4/4, TfB 16SM 0/5, SnV 8SM 7/7
DF 8SM 5/5, DP 16SM 0/5, Rav 16SM 0/5, ToS 16SM 0/5

Cox_The_Beast
05.08.2014 , 09:19 AM | #2918
They really need to change that.

Only 3 times... My record is 10x Sabotage -> Cool Head during Station Guardian One fight. I was the only one who killed adds...

Let me guess, they didn't say "Hello" at the beginning or spammed "spacebar!1!!".

Just had one of those runs:
- "Spacebar!!"
- Someone thought it would be great if we fight two groups at same time.
- We had one of the difficult elite defenders and of course my tankasin died because I'm noob at tanking.
- No revive from anyone, had to run back there to get my commendation. Wasted my and everyone else's time by doing that.
- I was the only one who said "ty" at the end.
Well, never managed those many Cool Heads, until now at least... But we'll see, after all my Scoundrel healer is still 16...
Actually, they were quite vocal, always typing something in chat, on both runs, which is why I was that surprised in the end. They even said goodbye... The real issue with mobs was that I'd have signed up for those 2 groups of mobs at once, if you know what I mean...
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.

agusbust
05.08.2014 , 09:36 AM | #2919
Recently got my sorc to lvl 50 during double xp and mostly doing KDY so my gear wasn't that great, managed to get some makeb gear from alts and the comms i had and ended up with half of makeb gear and the rest lvl 40ish blues.
So i queue up for a HM lvl 50 FP end up being a healer, with a sniper, marauder and jugg tank on HM foundry. From the first glance to hp the group seemed fine but right as we were pulling the first group of trash i notice the tank is in shien form so i decide to inspect the gear, half of it was lvl 40 green aim pieces but at least it's tank gear so i'll give him that much. I go down really fast because most mobs are hitting me and the dps don't have time to kill them fast. I ask the tank to at least use soresu form, no responce. The sniper tells him the same, still no answer. At that point we just continue with the sniper playing as a tank, and ocassionaly we throw some comment towards the tank to see if he answers.
Most strange part of all was that it went really smooth, prioritizing my heals on the two dps and leaving the tank for when everyone else was at full health we got down every boss without a single wipe, even HK was easy, except for the worm one because i lost a dps around the middle of the fight and then the boss enraged at around 10% health which i'm sure that if i had slightly better gear we would have downed him. The whole run being really fun with the dps discussing who had better aggro and making jokes to eachother. Ended up with a tank on my ingore list and two dps on my friend list.

Loc_n_lol
05.08.2014 , 10:02 AM | #2920
Then why it's so important to kill those adds as fast as possible? Enrage? I didn't know group can wipe because they don't have enough time to kill adds if they use less effective strategy.
Because the adds have a ****ton of health and killing them all manually is insanely boring when there is a purposefully built-in mechanism to instantly get rid of them all...