Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


Whojoo's Avatar


Whojoo
05.07.2014 , 07:10 AM | #2891
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
Hmm... I don't know what to choose...
First method, wich can be perfomed with damage from adds with small chance of wipe, becouse healer can't keep tank alive wile he teared apart by them...
Or second, when tank take damage only from boss...
What to choose... WHAT TO CHOOSE!!!???
If the healer cant keep the tank alive during this encounter then the team must've died a few times already during previous trashpulls.

A decently geared tank for that fp with basic knowledge of tanking + equally geared healer with basic healing knowledge must be able to survive this with 2 decently geared dps bashing the boss.

Decently geared = gear requirement for the fp (148?? I forgot).
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

BigBreakfast's Avatar


BigBreakfast
05.07.2014 , 11:58 AM | #2892
I'm also surprised to hear about people disliking the shuttle strategy. I've personally never had problems with it, as tank, dps, or heals. I've always seen heals/ranged on top, tank/melee dps on ground.

I've even been told once as a melee dps to get on top. I was a bit confused, but I jumped up anyway. The tank los pulled to the shuttle nose, and I was still able to hit the boss.

The only time I've seen it not work is when the tank doesn't pull the boss to the shuttle, but instead fights at his spawn. I could still heal from the shuttle nose, but the adds were able to get me. But this was only because the tank didn't los pull the boss first. At that point, obviously, it becomes the normal fight. But if it works out (which it should, because it's easy to do - just taunt/hide), adds should be crowded around the shuttle looking at the healer like a big juicy steak. There's no difficulty, no time wasted, no confusion. And I'm sure you can even still aim the flamethrower at them, since they're right next to you.

On a related note, I once saw a tank choose the far side shuttle. Like, not the one directly in front of the elevator in plain view with a sign that says "i'm closer!", but the shuttle on the OTHER side of the big ship. I guess it's closer to the next area?

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
05.07.2014 , 12:18 PM | #2893
Quote: Originally Posted by Whojoo View Post
Decently geared = gear requirement for the fp (148?? I forgot).
That depends...

My main has mix of 156s and three Black Market pieces, level 54 implants and... ok, relics are level 50 (but there's no way I can get better ones). That's not even close to decent for tank on The Progenitor.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
05.07.2014 , 02:07 PM | #2894
Quote: Originally Posted by grrrly View Post
... but when he was alive at least we were protected from the weak mobs by his ballistic shield. ...
I laughed for real when I read this.

GraceandDanger's Avatar


GraceandDanger
05.07.2014 , 08:41 PM | #2895
Quote: Originally Posted by BigBreakfast View Post
I'm also surprised to hear about people disliking the shuttle strategy. I've personally never had problems with it, as tank, dps, or heals. I've always seen heals/ranged on top, tank/melee dps on ground.

I've even been told once as a melee dps to get on top. I was a bit confused, but I jumped up anyway. The tank los pulled to the shuttle nose, and I was still able to hit the boss.

The only time I've seen it not work is when the tank doesn't pull the boss to the shuttle, but instead fights at his spawn. I could still heal from the shuttle nose, but the adds were able to get me. But this was only because the tank didn't los pull the boss first. At that point, obviously, it becomes the normal fight. But if it works out (which it should, because it's easy to do - just taunt/hide), adds should be crowded around the shuttle looking at the healer like a big juicy steak. There's no difficulty, no time wasted, no confusion. And I'm sure you can even still aim the flamethrower at them, since they're right next to you.

On a related note, I once saw a tank choose the far side shuttle. Like, not the one directly in front of the elevator in plain view with a sign that says "i'm closer!", but the shuttle on the OTHER side of the big ship. I guess it's closer to the next area?
I came back around when 2.6 came out after not playing for about 6 so months. Before that, I don't remember anyone ever using this shuttle strat (I certainly never did as a tank). First run back, the tank is telling everyone to jump on the shuttle. I'm lost but I do it anyway. Even as everyone is standing on the shuttle, healer is still getting hit by the adds through the ship and tank just ignores the adds. Healer dies, I die (trying to keep adds off the healer) and we barely avoid a wipe only because we managed to down the boss fast enough. I've seen strat work a grand total of one time and that was because we had a vanguard tank and everyone else was ranged. All other times, it just causes more problems than it needs to.

I personally hate it, too many tanks use it as a crutch and they get lazy, thinking that standing on the shuttle immediately solves all the add problems, not realizing that you still can still get hit through the shuttle if you don't los them properly. When I tank, I just do it the old fashioned way, hold aggro on the adds and drag them through the fire. Kills them just as fast, dps is free to focus on boss and healer is completely safe without worrying adds running around them. I've had several groups yell at me why I wasn't using the shuttle and I told them straight up that it wasn't necessary. Some groups get so reliant on exploits and shortcuts that they forget how to just play the game.
It's victory or nothing!

Kingsbount's Avatar


Kingsbount
05.07.2014 , 09:33 PM | #2896
Quote: Originally Posted by GraceandDanger View Post
I came back around when 2.6 came out after not playing for about 6 so months. Before that, I don't remember anyone ever using this shuttle strat (I certainly never did as a tank). First run back, the tank is telling everyone to jump on the shuttle. I'm lost but I do it anyway. Even as everyone is standing on the shuttle, healer is still getting hit by the adds through the ship and tank just ignores the adds. Healer dies, I die (trying to keep adds off the healer) and we barely avoid a wipe only because we managed to down the boss fast enough. I've seen strat work a grand total of one time and that was because we had a vanguard tank and everyone else was ranged. All other times, it just causes more problems than it needs to.

I personally hate it, too many tanks use it as a crutch and they get lazy, thinking that standing on the shuttle immediately solves all the add problems, not realizing that you still can still get hit through the shuttle if you don't los them properly. When I tank, I just do it the old fashioned way, hold aggro on the adds and drag them through the fire. Kills them just as fast, dps is free to focus on boss and healer is completely safe without worrying adds running around them. I've had several groups yell at me why I wasn't using the shuttle and I told them straight up that it wasn't necessary. Some groups get so reliant on exploits and shortcuts that they forget how to just play the game.
"Forget how to play the game?"
Wow... In that case BW should remove stealth from all caracters. After all they MUST PLAY THE GAME!!! NO STEALTH!!! NO SKIP!!! ONLY MOOOOBS!!!! PLAY DAT GAME, NERDS!!!

Seriously, you, guys sound exectly like that.
For those who think that skip or avoid trash is broken game, i repeat - thats called TACTICAL ADVANTAGE.
If you don't want to use your brains - don't tell others to stop using it.

FrozenGoalie's Avatar


FrozenGoalie
05.07.2014 , 10:33 PM | #2897
Since we're talking about Cade...

I was fairly new at time. I was on my fourth character, the second I'd actually started devoting time to, and my first healer (mando). Got a pop for Cade. On the trash, I kept getting attacked and killed. After a while, the tank complains that I'm an awful healer. I knew the game just well enough to know he was supposed to keep aggro on the mobs (although I'm now also aware that the DPS should've been helping with that, too), and likely told him as much.

I don't remember exactly what happened, what conversations were had, but the tank eventually gets fed up and leaves. We wait for a replacement and get one - and it's the same guy. He immediately drops group and leaves again, and the DPS and I share a laugh.

We get a new tank while we wait in front of the the Wookiee boss. The fight goes smoothly, and practically the instant the boss is down, the tank goes, "Nice heals."

The rest of the run went great
The Starrunner Legacy
<A Slight Weapons Malfunction> <Plausible Deniability>
<No Such Thing As Luck>
The Ebon Hawk

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
05.07.2014 , 10:36 PM | #2898
Quote: Originally Posted by GraceandDanger View Post
I came back around when 2.6 came out after not playing for about 6 so months. Before that, I don't remember anyone ever using this shuttle strat (I certainly never did as a tank). First run back, the tank is telling everyone to jump on the shuttle. I'm lost but I do it anyway. Even as everyone is standing on the shuttle, healer is still getting hit by the adds through the ship and tank just ignores the adds. Healer dies, I die (trying to keep adds off the healer) and we barely avoid a wipe only because we managed to down the boss fast enough. I've seen strat work a grand total of one time and that was because we had a vanguard tank and everyone else was ranged. All other times, it just causes more problems than it needs to.
It only works if both dps are ranged. You have to stand higher up on that shuttle too. If someone gets hit by the adds then you're not standing in right spot.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

Elusive_Thing's Avatar


Elusive_Thing
05.08.2014 , 12:14 AM | #2899
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
That depends...

My main has mix of 156s and three Black Market pieces, level 54 implants and... ok, relics are level 50 (but there's no way I can get better ones). That's not even close to decent for tank on The Progenitor.
Arkanian relics go for a bunch of Basic comms, right? They are level 55. I wouldn't worry about that gear, it's perfectly fine.

kirbyshocksword's Avatar


kirbyshocksword
05.08.2014 , 12:32 AM | #2900
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
If all 4 are tank spec then it will take a long time. Haven't had any of those groups. 2 tanks, 1 dps, 1 heals is probably the "worst" group I've been in. Funniest by far was my dps Sorc + 3 heal spec'd Operatives.
Was one of the operatives names blizz'ard?
I play on Progenitor and Harbringer.

Characters: Jolc, Vanguard. Tezel, Powertech. Blizzard, Operative. Kozer, Merc. Keko'a, Sentinel. Retiv, Assassin. Find, Sniper.
Legacy level 48 and 20.