Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

DataBeaver
05.01.2014 , 07:49 AM | #2821
Quote: Originally Posted by CheaterLL View Post
150/27/63 is Hazmat gear, which can easily be obtained through drops in 50 HM/NiM ops.
I stand corrected. I thought this had been removed from the loot tables.
Quote: Originally Posted by CheaterLL View Post
156/28/66 is purple 53s ( [Artifact] Gear), can only be obtained by Makeb storyline and crafting.
The Oricon storyline gives five pieces of this gear (full armor set sans belt and bracers). Another source is Artifact Gear Containers from CZ-198 weekly. Oricon weekly might have given them as well, but I don't remember for certain.

On the other hand, I don't remember Makeb giving gear with this high rating, aside from enhancements from the weekly. It certainly didn't back at its release, when it was obtained from basic commendations vendor. Aren't most Makeb rewards green items requiring level 51-54?

CheaterLL
05.01.2014 , 12:18 PM | #2822
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
The Oricon storyline gives five pieces of this gear (full armor set sans belt and bracers). Another source is Artifact Gear Containers from CZ-198 weekly. Oricon weekly might have given them as well, but I don't remember for certain.

On the other hand, I don't remember Makeb giving gear with this high rating, aside from enhancements from the weekly. It certainly didn't back at its release, when it was obtained from basic commendations vendor. Aren't most Makeb rewards green items requiring level 51-54?
Yes right, the Czerka weekly drops a random piece from a container, forgot that. Also the one-time Kuat mission The Ranken Initiative gives an artifact container if it is finished on a lvl 55 char.
I have just looked up the Oricon weekly, it wont give a container but it will give you 12 elite comms.
Since my Sniper just hit 55 and is beginning the Oricon quests atm I have noticed that doing the [Area] The Master's' Minions gives you a container the first time you finish it.
CheaterLL, GM <you always wipe together>
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4
Juggernaut Maintank
TFB S&V DF DP HM Farm | TFB NM 1/5 | DF NM 4/5

Duniss
05.01.2014 , 06:28 PM | #2823
was runing MP hm as mando dps got sage heal sent dps and vanguard tank. Tank satrts whit 9k hp and tells bs stories "just hit 55 so I dont have gear "just for fun I inspect him saw green lvl drop you get from first planets. Next thing I did is inspect his cheevs he havent done a single op in game but all others cheaves was ok including fp ones. So I called him on his bs... he dosent reply just plays dump (or was dump). He trys to tank but you cant tank naked so he keeps on dieing. we left tank behind on first elevator in the end he caches up already wearing his tanking gear whit 37k hp we start loughing at his failed troling atempt and he leaves before last boss. we finished fp whit no problems and tank ended up on my ignore list. worst thing other dps and heal tried to explain to tank how to get better gear and prepare yourself for hm fp when dude only wanted to make fun of them...

rafaelloaa
05.02.2014 , 01:13 AM | #2824
I was running a KDY on my level 22 sorc. While I'm specced lightning, I'm more than happy to toss out a few heals. This group had:
A 40-something assassin tank who queued as a dps and had a cunning chestpiece;
One of those marauders (level 45). He pulled extra groups constantly, wouldn't heal in between fights, would randomly sit there for 10 seconds during fights, would pop all his defensive CD's the second a fight started, wouldn't kill adds.....

I ended up ragequitting at the droid boss. That's the first time I've quit a KDY like that, but we were on attempt #4 with no headway.
Briffun, Sniper
Malice & Mayhem, The Shadowlands

Halinalle
05.02.2014 , 09:16 AM | #2825
Quote: Originally Posted by rafaelloaa View Post
would randomly sit there for 10 seconds during fights
Does anyone know what's up with that? I've started to think they are bots.

Not to even mention the way they play their class is strange:
- Shadows who only use Project/TK Throw + sometimes no technique selected
- Vanguards/PTs who think they are ranged + usually no cell selected
- Commandos who use blaster rifle
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P)

PLynkes
05.02.2014 , 12:07 PM | #2826
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
I've started to think they are bots.
Maybe not. We had a guy who walked into the corner and just stood there for about thirty seconds.

I joked in chat that his character was having a pee, as that's what it looked like he was doing. We all laughed about it and so did he. Turned out his wife had come in and distracted him with wife-type-stuff, as is their wont.

Revenaught
05.02.2014 , 02:11 PM | #2827
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Does anyone know what's up with that? I've started to think they are bots.

Not to even mention the way they play their class is strange:
- Shadows who only use Project/TK Throw + sometimes no technique selected
- Vanguards/PTs who think they are ranged + usually no cell selected
- Commandos who use blaster rifle
Actually Commandos who are totally heal specced can get away with that as the healing abilities are not affected by the weapon only the damage.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

EranofArcadia
05.02.2014 , 02:36 PM | #2828
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
. . . just stood there for about thirty seconds . . . distracted him with wife-type-stuff, as is their wont.
Poor woman.

PLynkes
05.02.2014 , 02:40 PM | #2829
Lol, I'm not sure it was the kind of wife-type-stuff you're thinking of there.

venomlash
05.02.2014 , 03:08 PM | #2830
I had a HM Czerka Meltdown run the other day on my Powertech. Sorc healer, Sorc Lightning DPS, Juggy tank, and me running Advanced Prototype. Everyone's decently geared.
The tank loaded in and said "I only have 10 minutes, can we make this a quick run?" We're all "okay, but it'll probably be a bit longer than that..."

We're clearing out trash and I realize that the tank is tunnelvisioning like mad. I keep having to peel adds off the Sorcs, and occasionally he fixates on an add and I get stuck with the elite, but the healer is effortlessly keeping everyone alive. (The healer's gear was a little meh, but this player made healing an art form.) I have a suspicion so I check the tank's achievements, and what do you know, he's got 6% flashpoint achievements and 41% PvP achievements; we've got ourselves a PvPer. (This was also his first time in Meltdown in either difficulty.)

We clear out trash and get to the desert boss. Remember how the tank hadn't been in there before? Well, before we can explain tactics to him he activates the console and pulls the boss. When the sandstorm starts he makes no effort to move, so I pop some CDs, taunt the boss, and Hydraulic Overrides my way over to the barrel. He taunts the boss back off me after the Rampage, and I quickly throw the strategy out in chat. Well, maybe he's not reading chat, because he doesn't do anything when the next sandstorm starts. I taunt the boss and we get through it all right. (Having the 30% AoE damage reduction from Tactics was nice here.) Then on the third sandstorm, with the boss at 40% health or so, I run out of CDs, get out of heals range while trying to kite the boss, and wipe it up. Tank says he's out of time and drops group.

At least he was polite about things, and I do hope he learns from his PvE tanking experience; for all his tanking problems, he was damned good at staying alive and held aggro well on the mobs he actually hit. But yeah, then we got a very good Assassin tank and finished the run with no problems.

Quote: Originally Posted by rafaelloaa View Post
A 40-something assassin tank who queued as a dps and had a cunning chestpiece;
How does that even happen? The usual thing is Sents/Maras wearing Smug/Agent gear or vice versa, or the same with Guardians/Juggys and Troopers/BHs, but...when you're a Consular/Inquisitor, the only way to get the wrong mainstat on armor is to take an orange chestpiece and deliberately put the wrong mods in it! I can't even...