Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Ryuku-sama
04.30.2014 , 03:04 PM | #2811
Thank for the explanation

SW_display_name
04.30.2014 , 05:49 PM | #2812
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
I see this especially in KDY. I don't know why they do it. As dps it's even more frustrating situation.
I think it's because many people don't read tooltips or think or pay attention, and it doesn't even occur to them that the different colors and icons and stuff actually mean anything amidst all the other flash and glitz.

So they just do what they learned to do soloing CC something at random, because they learned that CC'ing something makes fights easier than not doing it.

They probably pick whatever looks most dangerous to them in their mind. Maybe it's based on the kind of blaster rifle they see or the color of the enemy's shoes.

Ryuku-sama
04.30.2014 , 07:17 PM | #2813
Another nice KDY story....

My Sent just reached lvl 15 and is massively undergeared. Thus, I can't bring him in Hammer Station.
I chose to queue for a KDY and she is bolstered slightly over 24k which is kinda normal in wz under lvl 20 (when one doesn't have any earpiece, implant). I get a shadow tank, sage heal, shadow dps group. We load in and begin the fp.
During almost all the 1st scenario I end up face tanking my share of mob... Our tank being only lvl 21, I don't overly worry my *** over it. Then we reach the Elite defender in the 2nd scenario. Tank engage with the 2nd shadow, then I leap in. Cauterize > Master Strike > Zealous Strike > Strike > Blade Storm > Slash > Strike..... And I begin to pick aggro. Not worried at all I pop Rebuke and Saber Ward Happy to have a way to get a few Riposte in before the tank take aggro back.... Which never happens. Fortunately, our healer and my Rebuke kept me alive until we downed the elite. So I check tank stance.. He is in Force tech.... I ask him why he isn't in Combat tech.. He just answer he is a n00b and switch stance so I just go along.
Everything is going alright until the boss.... Trooper with nades boss I just say to go left first to degauss then wait for the tank to open. He attack outside of stealth (Is it me or shadow, even tank, should always open from stealth) and I leap in. The first degauss went fairly well since I was the first there and have activated the station. The second didn't.... I stayed behind to finish the adds and got to the station just in time to see everyone standing there the station not activated... We wipe.. Grenades explodes....
2nd try... Nades kills us all at the third degauss..... After some explanations we try a 3rd time. Three time someone, dps shadow i think, activated the second station, letting us take the 2nd volley up our asses. /facepalm later, I explain him to not go for the one everyone isn't going to
4th try... We finally kill the boss.....

cefert
04.30.2014 , 07:37 PM | #2814
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
Firstly, "level 53 oranges" makes absolutely no sense. The level requirement of the shell itself has no bearing on the power of the item. The important thing is the level or rating of the modifications installed. I guess you mean the orange shells that drop with blue grade 28 modifications, which indeed have a rating of 148.

Secondly, "level X gear" also makes little sense. The quality of the item makes a huge difference. A purple level 41 item has approximately the same rating as a green level 49 item. Level 50 items actually go from as low as rating 122 (green grade 25 items) up to rating 150 (purple grade 27 items, now only available through crafting). Level 53 items go from 138 (green grade 28) to 156 (purple grade 28).

Thirdly, please learn to use punctuation. Your text is absolutely horrible to read.
yes i mean the orange shells that drop with the 28 modifications which are 148's which is the recommended gear for 55 hm and i could honestly care less if my text is not up to your reading standards and since when i did i mention level x gear in my last post? im pretty sure i did not mention '' level x gear'' at all sure i mentioned 148's but nothing about level x gear

sanctified
04.30.2014 , 08:42 PM | #2815
I made another alt for Begeren colony originally for the purpose of role-playing, but then it turned out that Begeren colony is uh...

Yeah, so anyway, I really liked the character I made so I decided to level him up anyway, and maybe hook up with an RP guild after I got to learn the server a little a better. Got my baby Jugg up to 16, and power leveled him to 20 tanking hammer station runs. The random RP in BC might be weak, but at least my services were somewhat in demand.

I have a habit though, that seemed to anger more than a few of my fellow players. At the start of each run, after introducing myself to everyone, I ask everyone if they read English. It's just a habit I've gotten into, because there are a lot of players (bad problematic players) I've run into over the years who don't respond to chat. Apparently, on Begeren colony, it's considered impolite to ask if people know the lingo. I got cap bombed more than once, and told that I was now on an ignore list. Yowza!

Asking people what language they speak has made me one of those weird people you meet in Group finder.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

Fidelicatessen
04.30.2014 , 11:20 PM | #2816
Thirdly, please learn to use punctuation. Your text is absolutely horrible to read.
^^QFT

I can't read cefert's stories, though I'd like to. A few years back, I decided that, on any internet comment/post, if the contributor was too lazy to use punctuation and paragraph breaks, then I wasn't going to give myself a headache trying to figure out what the heck they meant.

Punctuation and paragraph breaks would make them readable.

DataBeaver
05.01.2014 , 01:29 AM | #2817
Quote: Originally Posted by cefert View Post
yes i mean the orange shells that drop with the 28 modifications which are 148's which is the recommended gear for 55 hm and i could honestly care less if my text is not up to your reading standards and since when i did i mention level x gear in my last post? im pretty sure i did not mention '' level x gear'' at all sure i mentioned 148's but nothing about level x gear
Here, let me quote your earlier post:
Quote: Originally Posted by cefert View Post
healer inspects his gear and finds out he is only in lvl 50 gear and he is missing a relic so we boot the tank due to him being very squishy
If we disregard the grade 27 items which are very difficult to obtain, level 50 gear could be anything from critically undergeared (rating 122) to only just undergeared (rating 146 gear from classic comms vendor). The choice of stats is also important; a lot of default tank gear is poorly itemized with stats like alacrity or accuracy.

It's nice to hear that you care at least somewhat about your text meeting my standards (you're saying you could care less, which implies that your care level is somewhere above its minimum). You are also writing in a popular thread, which indicates a desire to communicate with other people. There's at least three people so far who have complained about your lack of punctuation, so please try to take a breath every once in a while and say one thing at a time.

Icarus-Iso
05.01.2014 , 04:03 AM | #2818
So had a run with both a brilliant player and a not so brilliant one.

Myself as my scoundrel!healer, a sage!DPS, a sentinel and a guardian!Tank. HM Athiss pops.

The sentinel... I'm on a RP server and there's certain guilds you just learn to avoid in that aspect of the game. Not only was he in one of those guilds, but his character and legacy name were that of a canon character. Alright, no worries, I can grit my teeth and be a big player... and then he pulls before the tank. And again. And again. Eventually I stop healing but the Tank still grabs aggro back after a moment... until just before the first boss in Athiss where you have the five droids that can be a group killer.

Sentinel leaps in and... melts. 30K to 0 in, at most, 3 seconds. I have a chuckle and heal the rest of us through it surprisingly smoothly. The Sentinel's reason? "Oh I forgot this was a HM". Oh really? Cause you can do Athiss SM at level 55...

Unfortunately he died only one other time, on the final boss: he got caught in the flame balls of death. A "sorry, lagged" appeared up in chat after that. U-huh, sure.

Now the Tank... possibly one of the best I've seen. My healer's got above average gear, the two DPS were in average at best, the Tank in great gear, but we were chain pulling 2-3 groups without an issue. I don't mean the weaker ones, I mean the groups of 4-6 creatures. It was marvellous. He even tanked the Giant Beast boss where he spawns and took care of the adds when they spawned (which I prefer since these days most Tanks run back to the 'cave' or worse, the 'pond'). I wish I'd taken a quick picture of his stats and watched his rotation more cause damn, if I can get even close to that I'd be a happy mirialan.
Jack of all Classes | Master of None

CheaterLL
05.01.2014 , 06:35 AM | #2819
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
Isn't 153 lvl 53 mod and 148 lvl 50?? New rating is *********** my head bad
If we disregard the grade 27 items which are very difficult to obtain, level 50 gear could be anything from critically undergeared (rating 122) to only just undergeared (rating 146 gear from classic comms vendor). The choice of stats is also important; a lot of default tank gear is poorly itemized with stats like alacrity or accuracy.
  • 146/26/61 is Campaign gear (Classic commendations vendor)
  • 150/27/63 is Hazmat gear, which can easily be obtained through drops in 50 HM/NiM ops.
  • 148/28/66 is blue 53s which drop in 55 HMs (apart from bonus and final boss, which drop random Black Market 162/30/69) and on Makeb and Oricon.
  • 156/28/66 is purple 53s ( [Artifact] Gear), can only be obtained by Makeb storyline and crafting.

First number is Item Rating, second the crafting grade shown in the item name, third is the pre-2.7 tooltip number.
CheaterLL, GM <you always wipe together>
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4
Juggernaut Maintank
TFB S&V DF DP HM Farm | TFB NM 1/5 | DF NM 4/5

Halinalle
05.01.2014 , 06:49 AM | #2820
One weird in KDY:
Level 25+ Commando who only used Hammer Shot, Explosive Round, Stockstrike randomly and Mortar Volley if someone CC'd something. Also used blaster rifle.

Edit: Almost forgot. Every Vanguard knows about range of Explosive Surge, right? Now someone knocks all enemies off... Is that just wonderful!
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P)