Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

VigDiath
06.05.2013 , 04:54 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by XeroVeritas View Post
QFT! When I am tanking I will boot players that run ahead of me. I give a warning the first time, and it applies to the entire group. The next time it happens, DAS BOOT! I don't even understand why they do it either since I am very fast with my pulls. If I was lollygagging around and wasting time... I might be able to understand, but if I am moving along at a fair clip then sit down, shut up and enjoy the free loot!
Yeah this is entirely too annoying and will most likely get a reply from me. That or...

I'm marking targets for priority and someone changes my priority. Someone did this to me right in the middle of a pull on my Guardian Tank. I saber throw to the target I didn't mark and then jump to him and then proceed to wailing on the target I did mark and asked everyone to burn only to notice my 'mark' is now on the other target I had planned on focusing on afterwards. I asked them NOT to do that again as a warning.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Revenaught
06.05.2013 , 06:33 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Erman View Post
Okay another one but this time the stupid guy in the story is unfortunately me.

So we do False Emperor hm. There are those big droids walking around people tend to push off the edges as you know. It's one of those. Sage uses his knockback, the droid stays right at the edge but doesn't fall down. I, as the clever Sentinel, see that the droid is alive and Force Leap.

While I'm in the air flying high like a hawk to my target and only a few miliseconds far away from it, the Guardian tank uses his Force Push. This time the droids falls off the edge. And I with it.

So the other players see a Sentinel "successfully" Force Leap'ing into oblivion.

One of them asks "How did you do that?!?". I reply "Don't ask" and continue.
I have come close to following a mob over the edge but haven't gone over myself yet. However I did see my favorite saber I had just thrown follow one over an edge. Never got it back that fight either, just waved empty air at the rest of the mobs.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

AlrikFassbauer
06.06.2013 , 04:35 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by obliminator View Post
I said "Oh, Force Lift? I thought that was useless" (because why would you ever want to heal an enemy?)
That was exactly my first impression after reading this skill's description as well !
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

vstealthyx
06.06.2013 , 04:40 AM | #274
You think that bad huh ..well read this !

I was on my republic and got fed-up with my level 55 chars so i made a new Jedi Sentinel so I was DPS and we went on the Flash point esseles and Normally the healer stays back right but Noooo this sage had to run in thinking she was a tank !!
So i was asking ( raging ) over chat asking what she was doing and the reply i got was " Im taking the tanking role im bored as a healer "
SO WHAT I had a sage with the lowest HP attempting to Tank ( failed ) and then some random vanguard agreeing with her saying that I was wrong !.
Sith Inquisitor 55 Sith Marauder 55
Imp Agent 55
Jedi Sentinal 50 Jedi Sage 50
Gunslinger 55

Michirure
06.06.2013 , 04:48 AM | #275
I think, you overreacted quite a bit, especially when "raging" over it. Esseles is a 2 man flashpoint really, and can be done with no healer at all and companions out. Running ahead of course is a impolite attitude towards the "real" tank, but qualifies not for "weird" under these circumstances - at least in my opinion.
i guess this healer won't do it in any 55 FP, when he is still gearing up.

nicomikni
06.06.2013 , 01:29 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Michirure View Post
I think, you overreacted quite a bit, especially when "raging" over it. Esseles is a 2 man flashpoint really, and can be done with no healer at all and companions out. Running ahead of course is a impolite attitude towards the "real" tank, but qualifies not for "weird" under these circumstances - at least in my opinion.
i guess this healer won't do it in any 55 FP, when he is still gearing up.
I understand to a certain extent, no one is really a "healer" at lvl 10-12 no more so than someone is a "tank" at lvl 10-12. But, for example, last night on Black Talon, I'm playing my new Jugg Tank (complete Imperial Guard Legacy Kit from Section X with all Blue Armor, Mods, enhancements (those in green) etc.), I would say I'm more "tanky" than any other lvl 10-12 I've seen to date. A Marauder with barely 1000 hps on their toon insist on going to all the big bosses in the instance and wonders why he always dies... Fundamentals are fundamentals, dps goes small mob to big, tanks jump on the big boys and proceed to "wail and wait" till everyone else is done. The Op healer agreed with me and stopped trying to keep the other guy alive when he did this. You just can't keep up a dps guy that isn't playing right

Phalzyr
06.06.2013 , 01:43 PM | #277
After reading every post I'm even more sure I better read more before trying any FPs. was nervous without reading all this lol... Only been playing game 4 days(not much time yet as got on late Sunday) but already know I'm better at game than most you've been talking about (Hopefully ). My biggest issue will probably be controls more than anything... not used to them fully yet, I always remap to arrow keys as that's what do in RPGs. So clicking tool bar to use abilities. Level 13. Definitely going to read more about FPs and classes before running ops. Just got new armor that is less armor than what I have on but more aim and customizable, switch hopefully that is right choice lol.

Hunterr
06.06.2013 , 04:19 PM | #278
Anytime you run the normal 50 hard mode flashpoints with a full group of 55s that are all overgeared and some how the dps classes can not beat the enrage timers....

VaeVictis
06.07.2013 , 12:22 AM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by SalvoFenris View Post
I'll go ahead and share a short one about myself being stupid. We're all PUGing it in LI HM, all above level 50. I'm on my Watchman-specced Sentinel (this is relevant). We wiped once on Project Sav-Rak, and I had nothing to do with our victory over him. The fight started going wrong when the other DPS got launched off the platform on the first Smash. On the next Smash, I, in all my infinite wisdom, continue my DPS rotation whilst hugging Sav-Rak's nuts. Which includes my Force Leap with no minimum distance requirement. Which, of course, brings me out to the edge of Sav-Rak's character model as he smashes, launching me into the lava. We wipe, I joke and say, "Alright, this time with less stupid, myself included." We start the fight, things go fine, Sav-Rak starts to smash. I get in and the first damn thing I press is "Force Leap," continuing my habitual rotation. I realize my mistake and get launched into the lava again. I decide it's early in the fight and I can rocket boost my way back and make a heroic return. I reach the upper platform, rocket boost ahead... and fall straight into lava, not realizing the bridge goes out for the fight. The group ended up finishing the fight while I stood at the top of the map and watched. It was at that point I realized that no matter how well I played for the rest of the FP (which was quite well, as I was trying to compensate), they would forever think I was a moron.
I can sympathize. Pugging HM LI post 2.0. We had just wiped once because the healer wanted to click pillars.

Running back I stopped a little short (i.e. still on the bridge) and didn't realize it. Looked up to say something to my wife and sure enough the Guardian tank Force Leaps without a ready check. Turn back to the screen at the sound of battle music only to see my character falling to his ignominious death.

Wipe two, tank out. Time to requeue.

Nkya
06.07.2013 , 01:58 AM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by VaeVictis View Post
I can sympathize. Pugging HM LI post 2.0. We had just wiped once because the healer wanted to click pillars.
in HM LI, a DPS told once something like "It's too much damages when the boss enrages. We shouldn't attack him but flee away when he does that." We had to talk a bit for he doesn't experiment his suggestion.