Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

TheRandomno
04.12.2014 , 07:51 PM | #2601
KDY... Guess I shouldn't queue at 2am...

Two of the group members barely said anything and our tank was a little annoying until up to the end. We got Station Guardian One, and as you know it's a long run to his area. I take a little time to load each scenario in KDY, and I was also typing. I got to the stairs, then with no tactics even thought of being mentioned (though I knew them), somebody entered combat (I guess the tank). I sarcastically congratulated them, then the tank called me an F2P noob. This was the stupidest insult there was really, and IDK how being F2P matters, but it's an insult so...

Anyway, the tank ended up saying how it could be soloed after I told them they seemed to want to do it 3 man (we were all below 40) which was pretty pointless... We got 3 full energies and for the start of it only a coupleof us were focusing on the adds. The tank was clearly an alt who wanted to rush through things (if they're not... wow) and the others... IDK.

And guess what...? I didn't say "TY" at the end! AHAHAHAHAHA!
Tomb of Freedon Nadd.
I'm going inactive from SWTOR for a while, not sure when I'll be back.

Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I.

Darkelefantos
04.13.2014 , 01:11 AM | #2602
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
with battlelord Kreshan, if I'm not the one tanking him and/or don't know the tank that will and see that they are not trying to circle around? I position myself on a side of the room before he gets pulled as promptly as possible, because almost inevitably - the tank will pull him as he stands, never turns him around and the whole group ends up getting hit by his cone attack. at least that way, there's one less person to heal (and since more often than not, I'm that healer... yeah)

its almost weird to me at this point when I see a pug tank get into position and NOT hit the group with AoE

edited to add. apparently healing abilities on commando don't require a canon to work? or so I've heard. its only dpsers that are stuck with those enormous "overcompensating much" things
Indeed, only the DPS guys have to overcompensate with the cannon, healing abilities don't require that.

And boy, you can be sure I got to safety ASAP, no faith in that tank whatsoever. But I've never seen a "tank" take so much damage from that one attack in SM, it was pretty absurd.

Also, by now I have arrived at the conclusion that the Scoundrel was not specced for healing. My Ops is specced for healing, and at level 20 you unlock that stacking HoT (Slow release medpac for Scoundrel I think). And that guy at 23 didn't use that once.

EDIT:
By the way, have I mentioned how the Shadow and Scoundrel tried to stealth skip a group that you cannot skip if you don't have stealth? I'm dead serious, the Shadow wanted to leave us behind.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

Feneckus
04.13.2014 , 11:30 AM | #2603
I've been leveling up a lot lately, so many stories to tell unfortunately :/

Hammer Station SM : I load in, I notice the tank has an unusually low amount of HP. I inspect his gear : Empty shells for the most part. Did have two enhancements though. And the worst part is : All of his stuff was broken. Durability : 0. I don't even know how that's possible. We begged him to at least repair his stuff. Nothing. He was basically naked. The DPS were much easier to heal. We had no choice but to kick him.

Mandalorian Raiders SM : Final boss, I make sure to type "Do not attack the boss until all turrets are dead". But what does the Marauder do ? He keeps hitting on the boss and chasing him, completely ignoring the turrets. There's three sets of them at one point. Another frustrating healing job. And yet another Marauder on my ignore list.

Colocoid War Games : A wipe on the first set of turrets. Don't even ask me how that's possible I have no idea.

Foundry SM : HK fight. I'm tanking. My health bar drops, and drops, and drops, not a single heal. I die, we wipe, I type "Healer ?", he says "You're a crap tank you're taking too much damage". We try again, I get my first heal when I'm at 10% health. Healer is complaining he doesn't have time to DPS and that he has to heal me. According to him a good tank would not require healing. Kick, ignore and all went well after that.

Boarding Party SM : Everything goes smoothly. I'm tanking. Final boss is dead, tanking gear drops so I press need but a Marauder gets it. He thought he could get away with ninja looting the final drop because the flashpoint is over anyway. Little did he know that to finish the flashpoint and to get the daily done, you need to have one last conversation. I did not participate and said I wouldn't until he gave me that drop. He doesn't, so I initiate a vote kick and he quickly changes his mind and gives it to me. Vote kick got confirmed a few seconds later

KDY : A DPS with mostly empty shells, I think he only had 4 enhancements or something. He said "There's bolster, it doesn't matter, just like in PVP". I guess I know why the empire sucks so bad in PVP on my server ...

Czerka Lab HM : First boss, the droid in the electrified water. I'm healing. The DPS completely ignore the adds and I get obliterated in seconds. Fair enough, those adds used to just stand there and not attack. We try again. The boss enrages and he's not particularly close to being dead ... We still manage because the boss doesn't actually hit that hard while enraged. First and only time I've seen a flashpoint boss enrage.

Second boss, tank dies, and guess who has aggro on the boss ? The healer. One Marauder was in mostly 78s, the other DPS was in 72s/78s, and they can't even build more threat than the healer ? Are they just randomly pushing buttons ? I guess that explains the enrage on the first boss. A DPS died, so it's just me and another DPS, and I have to tank the boss, heal myself and the DPS that was occasionally staying in circles a bit too long. Oh and I had to take care of the adds as well because obviously it was beneath the DPS.

Final boss. At that point I have lost all faith in humanity, so I'm not taking any chances and I type instructions "DPS, open a blue container, hit the mob and when you see the message pop up, open a red one". They say "ok". So maybe this boss fight won't be that bad after all. We start, both DPS release every single blue monster at once. Wrong day to quit drinking I guess.

That's just a small list. I won't even bother mentioning all the Marauders thinking they're tanking and not even healing between pulls, DPS ignoring kill order, inquisitors using Overload on cooldown and spreading all the mobs or knocking them away from an AOE or people having no idea how to play their advanced class, like an assassin tank using Crushing Darkness, not having Dark Ward up at all times and never ever having stacks of dark protection.

Ergh, sometimes I wonder why I even bother queuing for flashpoints.

venomlash
04.13.2014 , 01:20 PM | #2604
Queue as my Commando, get slotted as heals for Assault On Tython with three DPS: two sages and a shadow. On the very first objective, the shadow unilaterally tries to stealth-cap one of the artillery targeting sensors and pulls two groups presumably because he is an idiot who has never tried to stealth-cap anything in PvE and doesn't understand how mobs aggro. (I don't think he even Mind Mazed anything in the attempt.) At least one of the Sages CCs some elite droids, thankfully, but everyone's taking so much damage that I'm full-on-crazy-burst-spam-healing, and so everything aggroes to me and I die after a little bit. Time to log and try again somewhere else!

I swap over to my Shadow and get assigned to tank HM Athiss. I load in and find that one of the DPS has already dropped group. Why? Our commando healer has 20k health, has level 30-something ear and implants, and is missing relics entirely. I write the run off, advise the commando to run dailies and get some decent gear pieces, and log. Back to the Commando I go!

So yeah, then I got a run of HM Czerka Core Meltdown (as DPS) and things went smoothly, even though the healer seemed a little new to the tactics.

Darkelefantos
04.13.2014 , 02:21 PM | #2605
So, today I played Athiss with a lvl 26 Scoundrel healer who decided to stand in the flames and heal through it on the last boss. Was there any chance on that working, ever?
So the guy dies, and I skip to healing mode so we can 3-man the boss. For my troubles of keeping everyone alive without being specced for it and later reviving the Scoundrel, I am awarded no words at all in chat and the Scoundrel ninjas the cannon the boss dropped that I kinda needed. Faith in humanity: lost.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

ryan_reynolds
04.13.2014 , 03:50 PM | #2606
So have been reading this thread since its debut and though I've had some funny gf moments, today was the day i finally decided to post. So today in Mando SM pub side, i was on my dps scoundrel and qued up. Got sage heals, vg and guardian. So it turns out that both the vg and guard were tanks but whatever vg says the guard can tank and so we rolled, all were pretty good lvls so didn't think anything about it. Was a little annoying because both "tanks" tried to tank but we cleared the first boss and second boss np. Only weird thing was on the first boss the vg wouldn't attack the dogs and shot at the boss and every now and then would harpoon him out of the tanks range. Anyways after the second bosses died the vg died, i was going ahead to get to elevator when all of sudden he asked for a revive, however the healer couldn't see him and neither could I. He then begin cussing the healer and calling us idiots, so i initiated a vote kick with the reason A-Hole. He then told me that he would hack my computer before he was kicked, so weird. I mean completely fine run no deaths he is laughing and joking and then boom, he just flipped out. Then we got a guard dps with an aim chest piece but at that point i couldn't care less lol
Yourmamma 55 gunnery commando, ragemoreplz 55 darkness shadow. rindelland 55 all specs sniper. Mymamma 55 Vig guardian

The soon to be "mamma legacy"

grrrly
04.13.2014 , 04:02 PM | #2607
Double xp weekend so I am doing lots of KDY with my lowbie sage. Two days in, and about the only thing making this flashpoint interesting is bad groups. So I'm quite tolerant when things go wrong in KDY groups, but at this point I am ready to scream every time I see a DPS using their knockback.

If I see someone using their knockback on the first mob, I seriously contemplate leaving because I know it's going to be a painful run. I understand that very low level toons don't have many abilities and that this is probably their only AOE. I also understand it's necessary to use a knockback if you're getting swarmed by adds and nobody else is trying to take them off you. But I don't understand why people from levels 40 to 54 who have far better options would use a knockback as their MAIN damaging ability, using it every time it comes off cooldown. If you're a sage (and they seem to be the class most guilty of this), why would you think that your knockback is a better option than the Mortar Volley the commando in the group is obviously lining up to use, until you screw things up by pushing the mobs right out of it?

This has definitely replaced marauder / sentinel tanks as my pet peeve in groups!

DalekTheCat
04.13.2014 , 05:58 PM | #2608
Cademimu HM.

Newly leveled tank with about 25k health. Also a newbie, didn't know the fights.

2 casually geared, average dps from the same guild.

Me on my severely overgeared healer without a care in the world.

Even before we engage the first trash mob, the dps start making fun of the tank, saying how he has no business being there and how they were going to carry him. He's polite and honest, says yes he's new, sorry about that, but they keep ragging on him even after I say it'll be totally fine, because it's not like Cademimu is difficult or anything.

Tank screws up the first boss because he doesn't know the mechanics, but nobody dies so who cares. He leaves the flashpoint anyway, because the dps won't stop telling him how bad he is. For some reason they assumed I was totally okay with this elitist attitude, and weren't worried about alienating the healer as well as the tank.

So the dps whined about having spent an hour in queue and now we're down a tank, wah wah wah, so I break out my darling 45k Kaliyo to tank for us, and what does the dps do? Leap into the first large mob we see before Kaliyo and promptly die, probably while yelling "YOLO SWAG" in real life. "The hell with this," thought I, and I left since I had no desire to carry two bad dps with terrible attitudes through Cademimu. I prayed that they never got replacements, and went to read a book.

People, if Cademimu is so intimidating for you that you can't deal with it without a fully Dread Forged tank to hold your hand, you are bad. And you should probably be quiet about your insecurities.

TheRandomno
04.13.2014 , 06:25 PM | #2609
Quote: Originally Posted by grrrly View Post
Double xp weekend so I am doing lots of KDY with my lowbie sage. Two days in, and about the only thing making this flashpoint interesting is bad groups. So I'm quite tolerant when things go wrong in KDY groups, but at this point I am ready to scream every time I see a DPS using their knockback.

If I see someone using their knockback on the first mob, I seriously contemplate leaving because I know it's going to be a painful run. I understand that very low level toons don't have many abilities and that this is probably their only AOE. I also understand it's necessary to use a knockback if you're getting swarmed by adds and nobody else is trying to take them off you. But I don't understand why people from levels 40 to 54 who have far better options would use a knockback as their MAIN damaging ability, using it every time it comes off cooldown. If you're a sage (and they seem to be the class most guilty of this), why would you think that your knockback is a better option than the Mortar Volley the commando in the group is obviously lining up to use, until you screw things up by pushing the mobs right out of it?

This has definitely replaced marauder / sentinel tanks as my pet peeve in groups!
Sages don't get AoE till 34 (proper AoE circle stuff) so they probably wouldn't think about it. Also Sage heal tree used to have knockback heal everyone, till they moved it up the tree in 2.7 (I still have a habit of using it on my sorc). I don't see much wrong with a knockback, and I have a mid lvl Commando.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd.
I'm going inactive from SWTOR for a while, not sure when I'll be back.

Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I.

NobletheThird
04.13.2014 , 10:15 PM | #2610
I normally do a lot of group finder fps. I don't mind it too much but some are rougher than others. My experience is that I found the tacticals to be the more straining on the patience. I am not one to rage in the chat (I play frequently with a friend, so we whisper a lot. Thus when we do FPs together and things fall apart cause of reckless calls, I know its just not me that feels their blood boiling over stupid things I witness).

Anyway, double exp weekend, so KDY shipyard multiple times these last 2 days. Only one was terrible, but when it was bad, it was rotten. Playing my PT tank, and all is well, I am leading the charge, making sure people have time to heal between skirmishes and not rushing the group too much, or at least my friend didn't mention anything(and he is quick to let me know when I am doing poorly). Get to the final boss, its good old trooper who can lob 2 dozen nades at a time like a BA. No issues, fought his guy numerous times, I know the routine in my sleep. I tell everyone that we will go to the one on our left, the one I am standing by. We have a healer, but those grenades will eat you alive if you decide to take them like a champ, as I am sure everyone knows. Well sure enough, first time we have to clear grenades, healer goes to opposite side I point out, and I don't realize this until we have activated ours. So next time, we are all guaranteed to get hit by the grenades. No biggie, we should be able to handle that. I tell the healer that we need to go as a group. What happens? 3rd time, healer, who lingered right next to one, activates it immediately, and the rest of us don't have time to end our melee attacks and get there before it clears the grenades so we get hit again. If that wasn't bad enough, the 4th time, he does the same thing. Luckily 2 of us made it right as it cleared but my friend wasn't so lucky. Final time, we take down the trooper as he chucks his stickies with his last dying breath. Healer activates and cleanses himself. I have enough health thanks to the kolto stations and decide to run up to the healer and share the pleasure of grenades going off. Nearly killed my friend and the healer, with it, but my friend said the healer had it coming. Itís the simple joys.

I also recall a wonderful time on Athiss where loot ninja turned out to be just plain stupid. Leveling a scoundrel to see if I want it as an alt as all the other classes I had played hadn't quite felt right to me. Get to first boss, crazy devotee lady. Earpiece drops, and I have a crappy one, and would be a huge upgrade. Only cunning user in the group. Vanguard Tank rolls need, so does Commando healer. I am like ***? But I keep my cool. I ask them "You guys realize Aim is your primary stat right?" The winner justifies his needing by saying "Yeah, but as a tank, I seriously need more endurance." I check his gear, and its a hodgepodge of Str, Aim and Willpower, now with its nice little Earpiece to give him cunning to make his ensemble of ignorance complete. I shrug it off as its not endgame gear and I would replace it soon enough anyway. Well that goes on for the rest of the FP. Needing everything cause "It has endurance and I need high endurance to stay alive." That's why the vanishing act is useful. Group being stupid and about to wipe? Vanish, save your own tail, revive the idiots while they rage over their own ignorance.