Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

thewitchdoctor
04.09.2014 , 04:54 AM | #2581
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
The only reason I couldn't get to the last boss in Atthis was because the beast of vodal cresh (or however the knockbacking beast with periodicle adds is being called). My treek couldn't keep up with the damage done by the adds+boss.
You should try it again but this time take the Beast to that far cave (the 2d common strategy for Athis PUGs). You won't get the adds that way.

My Assassin is a tank in off spec only, so, I don't know that she's geared enough. May be able to do it on my Guardian whose main spec is tank.

Would be fun to try. Its just a repair bill, after all.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: Carnage Marauder - Combat Sentinel
Tanks: Powertech - Vanguard
Healer: Operative - Scoundrel

BadOrb
04.09.2014 , 03:25 PM | #2582
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
So, I understand that the new Flashpoints are listed as tactical. Wouldn't be my decision, because they are definitely harder than SM Czerka FPs or KDY and thus benefit from a healer, but I understand. And I understand that this will cause people to play their roles a bit more lax than they perhaps normally would.

What I don't understand, however, is when Healers wait for the Tank to nearly die before starting to heal. What I don't understand is DPS ignoring kill order and going strong to weak (and the trash has a tendency to be obnoxious in these FPs, so ignoring kill order can get you killed), standing in the middle of an AoE (I'm not talking about the bosses, that's forgiveable if you do it the first time) or taunting mobs of the Tank for no apparent reason.

Spoiler
Well you probably haven't tried the new harder Labs , it is harder you will see enjoy There are now proper tactical missions where we will have to communicate with each with a plan.

Update - just got the new meltdown and the 3 other members decided to test out the getting the end boss up top after a teleport bug and guess what ? It is still there and then to make things worse he enraged the second time , so we had to go med and get him on the third. He still enraged though but died after killing 2 or 3 of the group I only survived by the skin of my teeth. two tanks and two dps was the team. So yeah wait until you try the new labs AND meltdown phew. A healer would be cool indeed.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

FrozenGoalie
04.09.2014 , 07:11 PM | #2583
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Ehm, not want to rain on your parade but a good geared tank is able to do enough dps to meet enrage timers in any 55 HM. To make it even better ... As a tank you do enough dps to meet the enrage on any boss while solo'ing. Most often the only exception is the bonusboss.
From personal experience, this tank and these two healers couldn't DPS And my tank isn't very well geared yet. Still a couple Arkanian/BM pieces on, some 72s. So no, we didn't have anywhere near the DPS for a HM, particularly not this one, where they made that oh-so-fun droid boss even more oh-so-fun and long and the adds matter.

sanctified
04.09.2014 , 08:35 PM | #2584
I haven't got any new stories. The weirdest thing about group finder right now, is that I've been running with some really nice strangers and we've been wrecking randoms left and right.

A little worried. It's like existing in a little bubble of peace before Cthulu notices that he wants to eat your planet.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

AdirahBerkovich
04.09.2014 , 10:15 PM | #2585
Something tells me that jinxed it.
Nah, probably just the Hawk's Pubs.

Needed to kick my scoundrel up a level or two before dragging her through Quesh, so naturally, I queue up for KDY for a good chunk of XP. First round goes great, with the higher level tank consistently wiping (he may have been in a damage tree with tank gear and tank stance-- didn't feel like asking), but he was dropping like a fly in mobs. The 'Slinger would pull groups randomly, and somehow, we made it through Lord Modo without a group wipe... just the poor Guardian dying about three times to finish off the Sith.

Second round... not so well. We get Modo again for the end boss, and one of the DPS squalls into the chat 'Healer heal!'. Muttering to myself, I ignore his yammerings and the tank pulls. Surprise surprise, we make it through without anyone dying that second round, even though the second dps was probably cursing to himself about the DPS SCOUNDREL not healing.

Personally, I think a lot of the issues are with lowbies never learning to play their classes/specs, but when people like that make it to endgame and they're too stubborn to listen to help, they pretty much deserve whatever repair bills they accrue, and whatever ignores they end up on.
"And if I had the answers I'd have written them out, so I can tell you what to do and what this thing is about, but all I've ever learned comes second-hand, and I dare not preach what I don't understand."

AbsolutGrndZero
04.10.2014 , 09:46 PM | #2586
Quote: Originally Posted by AdirahBerkovich View Post

Personally, I think a lot of the issues are with lowbies never learning to play their classes/specs, but when people like that make it to endgame and they're too stubborn to listen to help, they pretty much deserve whatever repair bills they accrue, and whatever ignores they end up on.
That's my biggest fear of the "tactical" flashpoints... if you end up with a group of 4 dps consistently enough, or even if you do have tanks and healers... it's tailored so it's not necessary to stick to your role, so then when you get to the normal flashpoints, the healer's not healing cause... they don't know how cause it wasn't necessary in the 200+ KDYs they did to level up....
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Nakkyi
04.10.2014 , 10:55 PM | #2587
Not really a weird people thing, more of a rant.

So, I pugged up and got Taral V. Well, I've never done anything past Cademimu, so I had no clue what to expect. Naturally, I look up my next possible FP ahead of time to get a general idea of the fights. However, I still play it smart and tell the group the moment I port in that I've never been there before. "Well, you better not **** up" was the tanks response. Okaaay. Not really sure what that was about.

So, we go through and they just wanted a speed run. So, we skipped most available trash packs and the Shadow(dps) mezzed the others so we could get through. I fell of a rock and attracted 1 gold mob and get yelled at for not following the group. Well, we get to the first boss. Fight is explained for me. Well, the shadow charged in first before the tank. I wait for the tank to try and grab aggro before attacking. When she does, I start attacking the cat adds as instructed. Well, both of them are drawn to me and the tank and healer both ignore me and I die. Shortly after, the shadow does as well. They were all quick to blame me for the wipe. I just stay silent and move on after our second attempt.

Second fight and third fight, simple enough. Things went off without a hitch. Fourth boss, the shadow is just running around aimlessly stealthed for most of it. He said he was lagging and that's why he wasn't fighting. I lagged for ONE of his orbital hits near the end and died. Naturally, I'm the idiot who stood in stupid despite avoiding every other one until then. I even said that we didn't wipe and I only died at like the last 10%

Last fight, nobody tells me what to do, and I didn't really remember what I had read. So, I use common sense. Avoid stupid and kill adds. Well, I'm not getting healed for most of the fight and as such, am constantly falling under like 30% hp. Well, we kill the adds for most of it. Last group of adds, I end up getting attacked by all of them. I use my bubble and force mend to barely survive. Boss engages again. Well, get hit with his DoT and I cleanse. Get hit again almost immediately and die from my already low health. Not long after, the group wipes from the enrage because the shadow wasn't putting up enough dps.

"***. Why the hell didn't you listen when we explain fight?" Seriously? I'm the moron because the tank couldn't hold aggro on the adds and healer couldn't keep the whole group up.

TL;DR: Never done Taral V. Explained to group the situation. Nobody explains fights. Every bad thing that happens is automatically my fault

Darkelefantos
04.11.2014 , 10:33 AM | #2588
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
Well you probably haven't tried the new harder Labs , it is harder you will see enjoy There are now proper tactical missions where we will have to communicate with each with a plan.

Update - just got the new meltdown and the 3 other members decided to test out the getting the end boss up top after a teleport bug and guess what ? It is still there and then to make things worse he enraged the second time , so we had to go med and get him on the third. He still enraged though but died after killing 2 or 3 of the group I only survived by the skin of my teeth. two tanks and two dps was the team. So yeah wait until you try the new labs AND meltdown phew. A healer would be cool indeed.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
At the time I posted that, you are correct, I had not played the "new" Labs and Meltdown. But IMO it didn't get that much harder. The bosses are a bit tougher, but the trash is the same old stuff, so it's not that big of a deal. Did them fine without a healer, only issue was of course the desert boss where one of the group died (bc tank didn't know what to do with the generators).

Now, were there any fun stories in the last FPs I played? Mh, I don't remember any. The only odd thing I found was in Korriban Incursion (Imp Side, 2 tanks 2 DPS), the other tank didn't care too much about aggro (and I usually leave the tanking to the other guy if there are 2 tanks), so our Sniper DPS was in risk of dying in every fight against champion level NPCs. Jensyn even almost managed to kill him. It was like he was trying to get the Sniper killed. It sucks when you have to start working if you didn't plan to

But there is a x2 XP weekend on the horizon, hoping for all the fun stories here.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

Sinapus
04.11.2014 , 12:09 PM | #2589
Had some amusing part on the two new flashpoints. Did the assault on Korriban first, healing for two shadow tanks and a sentinel. Did okay, though I was using my solo build w/most of sawbones and points to get sucker punch + flying fists. Since I had three melee people in my group, I found myself wishing for kolto cloud.

Plus: Mines. Oh ghods, the mines...

Anyway, made it through. One of the shadows died in a mob battle (lots of elites w/strongs as support) but we finished.

So I respec to full sawbones w/kolto cloud and do the Tython flashpoint. Got one of the shadow tanks from the previous one, my scoundrel and... two other scoundrels. We managed to sneak past a LOT of mobs and all of us had kolto cloud. The tank barely got below 50% health. Though I was amused to find myself wishing for.... sucker punch + flying fists. *facepalm*

We actually did get some DPS out, since lots of the enemies were facing the tank so we three just got behind them and scattergunned them as much as possible.

Ah well.
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

SebastiaanZ
04.11.2014 , 06:52 PM | #2590
First timer here, but Double XP started and was very surprised when I got a pop on Foundry as a Merc DPS. Now I know I am new on Mercernaries, but my group had a well geared second Merc DPS, an Operative Healer and an Assassin Tank lvl 40. No problem you would say ... well I wouldnt be here if it wasnt.

At first glance there is nothing wrong, me and the healer share their hello's, make it known we are willing to do the full run with bonusses. And everything to the first boss went well. From there the **** broke loose, when the tank and the other Merc DPS turned out not to speak English, or rather bad. The tank, despite being well geared and actually in the right charge, was not even able to hold agro over an entire group, let alone guard a DPS or even a healer if he really wanted to guard someone.

Then during the HK fight the tank found it more important to stay on HK and lose complete oversight and control over the situation and suddenly when Stage 2 of the staged bonus was completed the tank found it a good idea to just start completing Stage 3 and ignore HK-47! The Healer and I called him out on it, he didn't reply. The healer said he had better things to do and left. I initiated a vote kick for the tank right before the healer left and so we were down a healer and a Tank .... awesome sauce. Left the group afterwards.

First weird person in groupfinder story, but a memorable one ... usually run in rather good groups or just guild groups.
The Skygardia Legacy LVL 50
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!