Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Halinalle
03.31.2014 , 10:05 AM | #2481
Quote: Originally Posted by BigBreakfast View Post
Right you are: the healer is not the leader of the group. And neither is the tank the supreme commander. It is not
necessary to instruct your team when to dps and when to heal.
And this attitude is exactly why I hate to tank FPs in this game.

Also, it isn't always necessary to halt the entire FP just because someone pulls before the tank. Once while tanking a Czerka HM, the sorc healer would occasionally pull mobs before me and start to dps. I was a little bothered at first, but TBH as long as he healed me when necessary, I didn't mind at all.
I've also heard that some healers like to troll others in HM FPs just because they're bored. They can do it while keeping everyone at full HP.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

Missandei
03.31.2014 , 11:23 AM | #2482
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
Yeesh, you broke him.

Is gearing up even hard? I bought a leveling suit for an alt for about 6,000 credits on the GTN. (and this was before I even noticed that they give you FOUR FREE SETS thanks to galactic starfighter.) Adaptive armor flows like mana from heaven. If you just do single player quests instead of heroics and accept planetary commendations as a reward, you won't miss out on anything from not getting flashpoint loot.
Even if you didnt get GSF sets (new player etc), you can always get the social armor set from DromundKaas/Coruscant social vendor.. It have requirement of Social 1 rank that can easily be obtainable by doing Esseless/BlackTalon run. (though BT have to be ran twice i suppose due to the less conversations involved)

Though that social gear could be considered as ugly - it is Orange and cost no more than 100 credits a piece..
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Missandei
03.31.2014 , 11:37 AM | #2483
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
And this attitude is exactly why I hate to tank FPs in this game.
Actaully Tank is the best role for leveling considering the FPs.
If it is not your first toon and you have already have lvl55 main with maxxed affection on all comanions, you get a huge Presence boost on your companion, making him have twice the stats of any player at the same level.
So as a Tank i find my healer Companion usually more effective than any player Healer (if the fights are not require the need of Cleanse mechanics)
And as a Tank you can really control the Fight.

The second best option is being a healer. Currently im leveling a Sage and my Quizen as Tank have a 10K Hp at lvl 27.(when the best geared player Tanks at that level have 6-7K HP)
Doing the FP with a companion as a Tank is a little bit harder due to the constant need of positioning the companion in the right spot (avoiding AoEs etc..)

And to mention the name of the thread, having the Companion boosted by Presence you always have a luxury to kick arrogant PuGs from FP and bring your companion and move on.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Eanelinea
03.31.2014 , 01:55 PM | #2484
I remember way back in the day, when level cap was 50, my sniper was in pretty decent gear, not uber nightmare mode type gear, but decent, and I selected to have GF find me a group. I was put into Black Talon HM. This fp is one of the easier HM fps to do, geared well or not.

So, everything goes fine, we're killing and moving, etc. And this sith (not sure which type) inspects our armor. No big deal, we've all done that. And at the time, I was still fairly new to really using my sniper more than once in a while. And the ENTIRE ENDING of the flashpoint from a boss before the General until the end, he zoomed in one the ONE surge augment I still had on. I hadn't replaced it for cunning augs yet (these were the aug 22s, btw which were the highest at the time).

He kept going on and on and throwing in a ton of 'I'manelististbastardlolz!' saying 'oh you should have on CUNNING not SURGE!' I kept telling him over and over that yes I know and I'm working on replacing that one little surge aug out of ALL my cunning augs.

Talk about beating a dead horse.

I understand trying to help someone who might not know, i have no qualms with that. But to keep on and keep on and keep on like ONE surge aug out of 13 cunning augs was the end of the world. Man, I hope to hell he was just trolling me, cause, seriously.
60 Juggernaut, 60 Sniper, 60 Shadow, 60 Powertech, 60 Guardian, 60 Gunslinger, 60 Vanguard, 60 Assassin, and 14 55s on Shadowlands

fire-breath
04.02.2014 , 08:38 AM | #2485
Okey, just a real funny/strange Lost Island HM. Let me start off by saying that I'm aware it has been nerved into the ground. However you should still follow mechanics and be reasonably geared.

Here we go. Me = lv54 scoundrel healer, guildy lv51 sentinel. random sentinel and random vanguard 'tank'. The culprit for today was the 'tank' since it took me the entire way up to the 1st real boss (not counting the miniboss) to convince him to switch from plasmacell into ion cell. Midway he did switch to high energy cell.
When our sentinel pug asked if he knew tactics for the droid boss he told us he didn't and was new at it. He than proceeded with initiating combat 1 second later. Ofc he didn't interrupt incinerate nor did he ran out of the circles which were close to him. Suffice to say he died in 5 seconds or so. My guildy proceeded to sentinel tank the boss while the other dps initiated a votekick.

I really don't mind someone being new but than you should be willing to take advice and wait when someone types 'sec'.

After the votekick we got ourselves a 19k HP vanguard tank. He was in ioncell but still kinda squishy since he had a lot of dps gear. Surprisingly it all went very well with only a few tank deaths on the 1st trashpulls and my guildy being smashed to pieces by the popsticles falling down. Even the last boss went allright. Once more showing that wearing 50 blues is enough for tanking a lv50 HM
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Zal'ssesse - Engi Sniper Macewindy - Sab Slinger

PugsloveHP - the 60k HP commando DPS/healer

fire-breath
04.02.2014 , 08:51 AM | #2486
SM Athiss. on my new sorc healer
Jugg tank, marauder and sniper dps
Tank inspection: green weapon. oh well, moving on.
Tank starts typing instructions in chat. I can tell he might be the controlling type based on how he's speaking. example, "Wait. Don't dps yet until i have aggro. <me>, you can still heal"
(Ok, some degree of coordination can be nice, but seriously, that level of micromanagement is unneccessary).
hmm tbh. I can relate a bit to this tank. You'll seem to forget the tank needs to feel himself comfortable while tanking. Even so the healer needs to be comfortable healing the tank. When I tank I'm used to pulling 2 guardians and 1 disciple together so they can be AoE'ed while focussing dps on the disciple. I always type this out beforehand.
A few weeks ago I was on my dps and pulled in a second guardian. This nearly wiped the group because I was at fault. The tank wasnt ready to tank multiple adds yet. As was the healer. Being too careful is better than to overzealious.

2nd part which I find extremely annoying on my guardian tank is the tendency of using knockbacks to knock mobs away from me. When this happens I always type in chat in a polite way that they should stop with it. Again a few weeks ago they didn't seem to listen. I just resorted to not tank anything at all and kite around for a bit. If the dps thinks they need to use pushbacks than they can tank them. This may seem childish but when people are acting like that I'm not going the extra mile to group the adds up again.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Zal'ssesse - Engi Sniper Macewindy - Sab Slinger

PugsloveHP - the 60k HP commando DPS/healer

Halinalle
04.02.2014 , 09:37 AM | #2487
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
2nd part which I find extremely annoying on my guardian tank is the tendency of using knockbacks to knock mobs away from me. When this happens I always type in chat in a polite way that they should stop with it. Again a few weeks ago they didn't seem to listen. I just resorted to not tank anything at all and kite around for a bit. If the dps thinks they need to use pushbacks than they can tank them. This may seem childish but when people are acting like that I'm not going the extra mile to group the adds up again.
If I'm in similar situation I don't just kite mobs but I just focus on tanking the strongest mobs and let dps take care of rest. Even if you go and get them again someone's knockback is already up again they will use it (very true with some of the sages/sorcs).

If I'm playing on one of my dps characters if someone knocks mobs out of AoE then I don't use AoEs for rest of the fight. If they stop doing it and there's nice group of mobs for AoE then I might take my chances. No, I'm not going to waste AoEs just to damage 1 or 2 mobs.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

Irongut
04.02.2014 , 09:44 AM | #2488
2nd part which I find extremely annoying on my guardian tank is the tendency of using knockbacks to knock mobs away from me.
God I hate that so much, on pretty much all my characters. On my jug tank there is nothing worse then opening with a saber throw and leap only for some moron to push the mobs out of melee range so I have to walk up to them, often while suffering some kind of slow debuff. It even annoys me on my gunslinger, I tend to crouch in cover at extreme range to mobs so they can't shoot me back. If some idiot pushes them out of range I have to break rotation, move forward and crouch again before I can get any more shots off.

I have a solution on my vanguard tank tho. If someone pushes a mob out of range after I've charged up to it I wait till they have approached it again and got in melee range then I harpoon it back to me. Muhahaha!
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

Lowfrequenzy
04.02.2014 , 10:24 AM | #2489
2nd part which I find extremely annoying on my guardian tank is the tendency of using knockbacks to knock mobs away from me.
I agree with that not only from the tank perspective, but also as a melee dps. I've been running a flashpoint with my pt-dps once where the tanks and the other dps both were juggs and they kept pushing adds everywhere just when I finally got to it (having to walk the whole way, you know...). I was so annoyed that I grappled that add back just after those two super heroes jumped to it just like Irongut did - and that is something I rarely do on purpose. Yes, that push is a cool ability and I like to use it as a finisher just for the fun or for strategic purposes, but think about that poor sod that has to run the whole way just to do his job.

There is one talent in the sniper's/slinger's left tree that causes a knockback when the mob is within 10m to the shooter on the longer casted shot. This can cause so much trouble, I always ask those running this spec to either not use that ability (I don't care about your dps-loss if you pull another group with that thing) or to just get rid of that bloody talent while playing pve group content. Some even listen...

Seireeni
04.02.2014 , 10:48 AM | #2490
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowfrequenzy View Post
There is one talent in the sniper's/slinger's left tree that causes a knockback when the mob is within 10m to the shooter on the longer casted shot. This can cause so much trouble, I always ask those running this spec to either not use that ability (I don't care about your dps-loss if you pull another group with that thing) or to just get rid of that bloody talent while playing pve group content. Some even listen...
You are asking them to not to use their most hard-hitting ability that is very essential to their rotation. I'd say you're better off asking them not to stand next to the mob they happen to be dpsing.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy