Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

BigBreakfast
03.30.2014 , 02:30 PM | #2471
SM Athiss. on my new sorc healer
Jugg tank, marauder and sniper dps
Tank inspection: green weapon. oh well, moving on.
Tank starts typing instructions in chat. I can tell he might be the controlling type based on how he's speaking. example, "Wait. Don't dps yet until i have aggro. <me>, you can still heal"
(Ok, some degree of coordination can be nice, but seriously, that level of micromanagement is unneccessary).

Anyway I keep quiet and heal on, hoping that he's just a helpful guy, and we make our way past beast and into the hallway towards final boss (the one with all the champion sith lords scattered about). At this point, it seems that the tank wants to kite each mob into the previous empty room before fighting, even if there's no other mob nearby.

To begin: one mob is walking up the stairs toward us. The tank moves backward and says "stay back". The marauder doesn't move, and the tank spams "stay back. stay back. stay back. stay back".

Well, the fight starts, and we all engage. Except the tank, who stood back and said,
"i'm not tanking him".
To which I replied, "it's ok we got this".
Sniper then sent me a tell commenting on the tank's childish behavior.

This behavior continued on through this area. Tank would pull, and then stand and watch the 3 of us fight. I considered initiating a kick, but I didn't and kept fighting. This happens several more times.

New room. Tank stays behind of course and says,
"back. don't dps. or heal yet."
After a bit of hesitant turning by all parties, sniper engages.
tank: "<SNIPER>"
me: "just shoot him. no other mob around. we're completely safe"

So the tank decides to spectate once again. 3 of us fight him, and at the very end the tank decides to walk up and get a few hits in.

I let him die.

Once he's rezzed, he initiates a vote kick against me (which fails).
me: "tank, then i'll heal you"
tank: "I DID RETARD"
me: "and calm down. it's just a game. let's just finish this."
tank: "you don't let the tank die no MATTER WHAT RETARD"
me: "then stop complaining and tank. you're the one who said, 'i'm not tanking'"
tank: "cuz you won't listen to THE TANK"

We fight one more mob with a spectator tank, except this time the marauder joins him as well, and they watch in silence as me and the sniper down the mob. Then they simultaneously leave.

So me and the sniper waited about 5 min and were about to drop, when suddenly we got a new tank/dps. And as most stories like this end, we finished flawlessly.

USCG_Davis
03.30.2014 , 04:31 PM | #2472
Had a good one today. Running Malestrom Prison on my 41 commando as a dps and I get a beastly Guardian Tank, and pretty good scoundrel healer, and then this other commando. He's level 42 and all he does is Explosive Round and unload in Armor-Piercing Cell. I ask him why he's not using Grav Round, HiB, or anything really and he says "I'm usually a Jedi. Casting is weird for me." So i explain the rotation to him and tell him how all the procs work, link him the proper skill tree and all that stuff. He then asks me, "What happens when im solo questing? I cant sit here and channel all this stuff! The enemy will destroy me." I gave up at that point. I just cant deal with some levels of stupid.

Next FP, Malestrom Prison again. This time im a healer. Get a VG tank, GS DPS, and a Sent DPS. The sent is in Juyo form pulls every single pull well before the tank. Like he only stays and attacks the current pull long enough for his jump to come off CD then he's off to the next pull. Thank god the GS and Tank we're pros and we kept chugging through. The sent killed him self at least 25 times but didnt wipe us (thank god) any way, we get to a boss and the sent stops long enough for us to catch up and as were killing what ever boss were on, i notice that all he uses is slash. Thats it. He clearly isnt spec'd right because he runs away from the target to force charge but damn, he can slash like a champ. There are never any dots on the boss. Nothing. Just slash, run out to charge, slash.
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

Nero-Star
03.30.2014 , 06:25 PM | #2473
Bad night for GF, 1st attempt czerca HM get to 1st boss and players exit one after the other. Great start to the night.

2nd attempt i get an in progress group on Athiss, i always get a bad vibe when a tank has left a group im about to join.

I get in say my hellos and check map again they only up to 1st boss....i ask why the tank left and if they got stuck at boss, no answer on why he left and they hadnt attempted the boss yet, the dps commando says something isnt going to work (must of been something they were talking about prior to me joining) he then quits....great something is going on, i notice the healer and sentinel dps are same guild, im about to ask what the issue is as they hadnt really done anything and i get vote kick initiated against me for no reason, they both then quit.

Gave the GF one last chance for the night and got maelstorm prison, great group and a very fast playthrough, so atleast 3rd time was a charm in this case

Good night all

MishraArtificer
03.30.2014 , 06:31 PM | #2474
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post
Had a good one today. Running Malestrom Prison on my 41 commando as a dps and I get a beastly Guardian Tank, and pretty good scoundrel healer, and then this other commando. He's level 42 and all he does is Explosive Round and unload in Armor-Piercing Cell. I ask him why he's not using Grav Round, HiB, or anything really and he says "I'm usually a Jedi. Casting is weird for me." So i explain the rotation to him and tell him how all the procs work, link him the proper skill tree and all that stuff. He then asks me, "What happens when im solo questing? I cant sit here and channel all this stuff! The enemy will destroy me." I gave up at that point. I just cant deal with some levels of stupid.
Maybe he's only ever gone questing with Elara Dorne, once he picked her up? I never bothered using anyone else after my Vanguard tank added her to HAVOC Squad. (I'm still leveling my Commando, though, so I'm not sure how necessary she'll be later.)
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

DawnAskham
03.30.2014 , 11:19 PM | #2475
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorei View Post
And the same issue again, and while it feels unnecessary to complain about this yet again, I need to rant. Because this time the person should have known better.

The first scenario was Assembly and the Sniper in our group successfully assembled the starship. When the Sorc in our group asked how she could assemble without reading the datapads she claimed she had been here so many times and explained to him.

Then, hangar scenario. I noticed the champion standing on the opposite side of the room and told them. The Sniper said: doesn't matter, we're going there later anyway. I replied nobody better activate the terminal then.
I trusted, as she had been here so many times she would know about this. But it was her who activated the terminal. I was so annoyed because she was supposed to know after so many runs. And in the event that she didn't care, she could have least done it for the group.
KDY 101 - Take charge. Don't let the group get anywhere near the last objective without killing the elite. Drag the group towards the elite. If that fails, agro the damn thing and drag it to the group. Just don't let the group get anywhere near the last objective clicky while the elite is still alive.

Same with Starship Assembly. Kill the sentries when you enter the main room, check the cards, have solution ready. When the group starts fighting the trash in the last room, grab the final card and head to console. If you are quick, you'll have the solution locked into the console before the others have a chance to screw it up.

And as to weird, crazy or downright stupid people in GF, KDY has them in spades.

Multiple missing gear slots at 50+...check.

Gear that is 10+ levels old...check.

Wearing the wrong main stat / armor type...check.

Using only one or two abilities, usually the ones you get at level 1...check.

Leapers attacking champs while at 1% health...check.

That one guy who can't find his self heal channel ability...check.

Sorcs and sages knocking trash packs out of group AOE on cool-down...check.

Bad knock-backs of trash causing room pulling incidents...check.

Explaining the few simple boss mechanics then watching someone ignore and die...check.

Halinalle
03.30.2014 , 11:26 PM | #2476
Quote: Originally Posted by BigBreakfast View Post
I can tell he might be the controlling type based on how he's speaking
- Healer isn't the leader of the group.
- If you force leap before tank then you tank it.

KDY: Marauder (me), 2x Sniper (?), Assassin
I start this run exactly like I do every FP: "Hello"
... And nothing. Complete silence. *really loud alarm sound* No problem, unusual KDY run it is then.
Oh boy, was I right! Unusual is understatement. 3 "heroes" in the group go solo and attack different groups of mobs and I just stand there watching few seconds and then I decided to help the closest player. A Marauder, class that is known for doing something like this doesn't do it. What's wrong with me?

And this continues throughout the whole FP and we get to Droid boss. After two wipes I ask if everyone knows the fight and no answer. I wait a bit (maybe they're slow at typing ) and still nothing. We already spent way too much time in FP so I decided to leave.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

Adaliaya
03.31.2014 , 12:16 AM | #2477
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post

Next FP, Malestrom Prison again. This time im a healer. Get a VG tank, GS DPS, and a Sent DPS. The sent is in Juyo form pulls every single pull well before the tank. Like he only stays and attacks the current pull long enough for his jump to come off CD then he's off to the next pull. Thank god the GS and Tank we're pros and we kept chugging through. The sent killed him self at least 25 times but didnt wipe us (thank god) any way, we get to a boss and the sent stops long enough for us to catch up and as were killing what ever boss were on, i notice that all he uses is slash. Thats it. He clearly isnt spec'd right because he runs away from the target to force charge but damn, he can slash like a champ. There are never any dots on the boss. Nothing. Just slash, run out to charge, slash.
That sir propably has not noticed there is thing called skill tree

mustopak
03.31.2014 , 02:24 AM | #2478
HM Athiss on my Sentinel. Was with a friend's Sage as DPS too.

So we get a Commando healer and a Guardian tank. To cut it short, this Commando healer is either : 1) a 5 yrs old kid. 2) someone with a serious brain processing problem.

He was barely hitting 22k health which automatically tells us that he's undergeared. His heals could not manage to keep us alive at all, at Prof. Leyarsha! The Guardian tank made it even better by not knowing to taunt. This will be a wonderful run.

We told the Commando to respec to DPS while my Sage friend respec to heals.

Sage : Do you have field respec?
Commando : How do I do that?
Sage : Legacy unlock, then at the bottom left of your skill tree there should be a "Respec Skills" button.
Commando : Wait.

We waited for 5 minutes. I didn't notice that "respec effect" on him since he was off-screen.

Commando : Okay.
Sage : You're still wearing healing cell, change it.
Commando : How do I do that.
Sage : In your abilities panel, you should be able to change it under the Trooper tab.
Commando : OK, wait.

We waited another 3 minutes. He. Did. Not. Change. His. Cell. At. All. I got tired of waiting and told the tank to pull. We passed the fight with the Sage healing.

Sage : Change your cell.
Me : Change your cell.
Commando : Sorry my interface moved around during battle

He didn't lock his quickbar and didn't even know that. WONDERFUL. We waited ANOTHER 3 minutes.

Commando : Sorry I can't change my interface, must be because in FP.

Holy hell. At that time I didn't even bother anymore and left the group since I got a raid in less than half an hour. My Sage friend remained with the group and suffered a few wipes. I thought they'd kicked him out already but apparently my Sage friend is an angel. He explained everything, even though the mando obviously didn't get it and carried that mando through the FP. He told me the mando is still healing even though he told him to stop healing. Y'know, I don't mind carrying undergeared people but someone like this guy who can't even learn after we explained stuff is just.....

Days before I also got another wonderful Commando who's in PARTISAN PvP gear. Healer too. I was on my Sage, DPS tree but later respec'd to heals and the mando respec to DPS. "What is a DPS?" WOW LOL. But this guy is better than the Commando above cause he did what we explained him to do.

BigBreakfast
03.31.2014 , 09:24 AM | #2479
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
- Healer isn't the leader of the group.
- If you force leap before tank then you tank it..
Right you are: the healer is not the leader of the group. And neither is the tank the supreme commander. It is not
necessary to instruct your team when to dps and when to heal.

A few reminders:
-I reserved all comment and action, even after the tank stopped doing his job.
-The initial encounter was not intentional - the marauder didn't even leap. He stood still. We all did, because it was such a ridiculous request by the tank to move FURTHER back in an EMPTY room to fight ONE mob. There was a lot of "hesitant turning" by the 3 of us.
-The tank continued to be a passive spectator AFTER this initial non-intentional pull by the dps. He pulled each subsequent mob (except first and last), and then stood there. I'll wait for a tank to call a pull, but I won't sit by and wait while he throws a tantrum.

Later on I did Mando Raiders and had an awesome tank. Before each boss fight he typed out short, clear instructions for the group, without being overbearing or snobby.
Like, at first boss: "Dps the dogs. I'll tank the boss away from the dogs, by the shield. Ready?"

Also, it isn't always necessary to halt the entire FP just because someone pulls before the tank. Once while tanking a Czerka HM, the sorc healer would occasionally pull mobs before me and start to dps. I was a little bothered at first, but TBH as long as he healed me when necessary, I didn't mind at all.

BigBreakfast
03.31.2014 , 09:33 AM | #2480
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
KDY 101 - Take charge. ....Same with Starship Assembly. Kill the sentries when you enter the main room, check the cards, have solution ready. When the group starts fighting the trash in the last room, grab the final card and head to console. If you are quick, you'll have the solution locked into the console before the others have a chance to screw it up.
This. I check the cards while we clear the nearby trash, and rocket boost to the console once the last mob is down. Too many people run up and click random components. It's especially frustrating when you select the correct options, and then somebody runs behind you and changes them all, lol. Time to circle back around before he executes.

Also, typing out the correct solution in chat might help avoid a random clicker and incorrect assembly. One time someone got there before me, so just in case he was clicking randomly i quickly typed out, "infiltrator, v4, celestial". He did a 180 and re-selected correctly.