Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

toha
03.26.2014 , 12:31 AM | #2431
Quote: Originally Posted by Isaacone View Post
Not so much a weird group I had but an interesting fight. Leveling my jedi knight guardian today I did sm cademimu as a tank. The whole thing went fine till the final boss. First fight we wiped because the dps stood near flames. Second time they ran to the flames after the boss jumped on them and I was trying to pull aggro to me. Well anyway the two dps died and me and the healer defeated the boss from about 80% health. It surprised me that he didnt enrage. Or does he enrage. Its been awhile since ive done sm flashpoints
As far as I can tell there are no enrage timers on SM, but even if there are, a Tank and a Healer who's off dpsing can 2 man most of the bosses.
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Halinalle
03.26.2014 , 01:34 AM | #2432
Quote: Originally Posted by YanksfanJP View Post
The reason I ask for guards in Flashpoints when I'm healing is because tanks in this game seem to lack the intelligence to actually tank more than one mob in a pull at a time, which leaves me healer-tanking the other 4.
It could be tank's fault but dps not doing their job could also be cause for this to happen. That 5% is only thing you get from Guard in that situation. Threat reduction means nothing if you're the only person generating threat. If dps even sneezes then mobs will try to kill him/her instead. And that's without Guard on healer. That's how low amount of threat healing generates.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 3x Assassin (2xP, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

DisturbedMalak
03.26.2014 , 01:45 AM | #2433
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
It could be tank's fault but dps not doing their job could also be cause for this to happen. That 5% is only thing you get from Guard in that situation. Threat reduction means nothing if you're the only person generating threat. If dps even sneezes then mobs will try to kill him/her instead. And that's without Guard on healer. That's how low amount of threat healing generates.
I agree with this post, it points out what I failed to mention. The main point is healers usually don't need a guard.

PLynkes
03.26.2014 , 03:11 AM | #2434
Did you guys come through the wrong door?

"Who should be Guarded?" is some other thread. This is "The Weird People you meet in Group Finder."

Icarus-Iso
03.26.2014 , 03:27 AM | #2435
Was hitting HM Lost Island on my Healer!Sage with the group ranging from level 51-54. Tank was average but I was noticing the fights were taking ages compared to the last runs. The DPS!Scoundrel was hitting all her moves so I turned my attention to the DPS!Commando... and then see him throw a Trauma Probe out.

Now you have to have some pretty high points in the Commando Healing tree to get that ability.

I ask him about it, and it turns out he just switched cylinders and kept rolling. He knew he was doing it! And the worst part was his excuse was that he had to manually untick the DPS selection each time he queued and spending that extra second wasn't worth it.

After the fifth wipe on killer Donkey Kong due to the Commando usually being knocked off I had enough and said my goodbyes. I hope when they re-queued he took that extra second...
Jack of all Classes | Master of None

fire-breath
03.26.2014 , 04:05 AM | #2436
Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
Guard provides a 25% reduction in threat and a 5% damage reduction increase to the target regardless of distance, and transfers 50% of the incoming damage from players (and probably companions) to the tank, as long as the tank is within 15 m.
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Except that damage transfer works only in PvP.
Except that is exactly what Korin was telling us. Just read it again mate. Same to the rest plz, read it again carefully.
Korin is 100% correct when he says incoming damage from PLAYERS (ergo PVP) gets transferred. Also most likely companions might be considered PLAYERS (ergo PVP) too since they are in fact a tool of the PLAYER (ergo PVP)

Anyway weird part about me and a friend (more me tbh).

1st story is about hammerstation SM on my lowbe guardian tank. We used the tunneling drill shortcut and succesfully downed the 1st boss. So far nothing weird. I'm always a bit disoriented after the fight which way to go and always look on the map quickly to see the correct way. This time I was a bit distracted and ran the wrong way ........ right into the mobs we skipped .... while the healer and 2 dps were already in the correct hallway. I felt like a tool noob, even more since I only noticed the adds when they aggrooed on me Was a bit flabbergasted since they weren't supposed to be there ;-)

2nd story is about a Mando raiders HM with a friend of mine who got called away by a costumer of his to fix a broken SSL-thingy. I was on my shadowtank, had a healerguildie with me and a random pugged DPS I met before. I decided to clear trash with the healer and other dps to save some time while my friend was fixing his SSL.
When we arrived at the 1st boss I forgot he wasn't there and initiated combat. Its safe to say that our pugged melee dps wasn't happy since the dogs had the annoying behavior of running to my friend who was standing afk a few rooms earlier (if not at the start). Luckely the dps was very good, together with my off dps on the adds we were able to clear them in time.
The rest of the flashpoint went without a to great hickup if I remember correctly.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Zal'ssesse - Engi Sniper Macewindy - Sab Slinger

PugsloveHP - the 67k HP commando DPS/healer

thewitchdoctor
03.26.2014 , 04:12 AM | #2437
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
... I'm always a bit disoriented after the fight which way to go ...
Last week I was in one of the CZ HMs. The one with the droid. Labs? Anyways. I was on my Scoundrel healer trying to get back into the healing groove. All is going great! Until ...

I get yanked by the droid ...

So am caught out in the electric field taking damage ...

And scamper on out ...

The wrong way into a pack of droid adds.

Where I immediately died. I felt like such a nubsickle.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: Carnage Marauder - Gunslinger
Tanks: Guardian - Juggernaut - Powertech - Assassin
Healer: Scoundrel

Darkelefantos
03.26.2014 , 04:15 AM | #2438
On another exciting episode of Dragonball Z...

No wait, actually that's not it. Not really exciting either. But I did SM Czerka FPs for the Weekly. Now, my tanking wasn't exactly stellar, but I have to confess that I don't go all out in these, because I have enough faith even in pugs for them not to die in gosh darn easy mode. So, first one was Labs with my Jugg Tank. a Jugg DPS, a Merc and a Sniper. That Jugg somehow managed to pull aggro of me during all boss fights, which was really weird, because I've hadpeople with ludicrous equipment (compared to his) not do that. Anyways, it went fine.
On Meltdown, I ran with the same people, except the Merc was replaced by a Sorc who decided to "tank" all the trash. As I said, don't mind, if they get themselves killed in SM it's totally their own fault and he never did. Then, for some reason, during the final part when you kill the generator things to get to the Vigilant, the following conversation happened:

(Note: orginial convo was in German, translated to make sense)
Jugg: [Name] do that again you Bob! (also, why he called him a "Bob" is beyond me)
Sorc: I already did you [censored]
Jugg: You didn't even spell that right.
Sorc: I don't have to, I'm not German.
Sniper: Guys, calm down, it's alright.
*more comments by the two guys that I already forgot even though it was just yesterday*
Me: Less typing, more killing.
Sniper: ^^
*Silence till the end*

No clue what happened, and I did not care enough to find out, but yeah, it was really weird because I didn't see anything worthy of this discussion.

On another note, I did the Heroic 4 Aurora Cannon in Section X, also with my Jugg, my group consisted of 3 ppl from the same guild, levels 51, 52 and 55. This was the first time ever I've seen a) people using CCs on the Elites, b) actually had to *tank* that mission, because usually you group with 55's so the DPS is so high it doesn't matter at all. Also the second time ever I was grouped with ppl who didn't know you have to interrupt "Force Siphon" if you ever want to kill the Champion guarding the consoles

The fun I had that day was OVER 9000! to stay true to my intro.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

slafko
03.26.2014 , 05:24 AM | #2439
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
Did you guys come through the wrong door?

"Who should be Guarded?" is some other thread. This is "The Weird People you meet in Group Finder."
I've given up on asking dps to follow kill order and asking tanks not to guard me. Don't have the energy for it and I don't feel like fighting windmills anymore. I'm rather jaded after two years of pugging and seeing the same mistakes over and over again.

Today I just dismiss the guard off me and keep dismissing it without a word. I don't even try to heal the dps that breaks marked cc'd targets or stands in AoE. And when the tank and the dps fail completely leaving me to tank several mobs on my own, I just spamheal myself and /stuck if they manage to get themselves killed.

It's really sad and I wish I had more energy and incentive to help and teach others. Some people you just can't reach.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

Irongut
03.26.2014 , 10:25 AM | #2440
Ran SM Czerka Core Meltdown last night for the weekly. My jug tank, another jug tank and 2 dps. The other jug had 1k less hp than me and was very squishy but he insisted on pulling and using his taunts. He was taking a lot more damage than I would expect and a lot more than I was taking when I had threat (he would constantly taunt it back). So I decided to check his gear - all 162 or 168 rank stuff, pretty similar to myself. But wait... none of it had tanking mods! Everything had Power, Critical or Surge and he had no Defence, Shield or Absorb at all. His saber had Power and Expertise.

I know it isn't necessary to have a proper tank in the SM Czerka FPs but I really hope he isn't queueing for HMs as a tank. How do these people get to level 55 without learning the stats required for their class/role?
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)