Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Halinalle
03.25.2014 , 12:20 PM | #2421
Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
Guard provides a 25% reduction in threat and a 5% damage reduction increase to the target regardless of distance, and transfers 50% of the incoming damage from players (and probably companions) to the tank, as long as the tank is within 15 m.
Except that damage transfer works only in PvP.
EV 8SM 5/5, KP 8SM 5/5, EC 8SM 4/4, TfB 16SM 0/5, SnV 8SM 7/7
DF 8SM 5/5, DP 16SM 0/5, Rav 16SM 0/5, ToS 16SM 0/5

tanerb
03.25.2014 , 01:32 PM | #2422
Another lost island hm story. Tanking this for n th time, and wiped like 50 times at Savrak so I ask everybody if they did it before. I also mention it is ok not to know and I will understand and we will die if they do not say it now. Silence. I am happy at the moment (it is rare you play with people who knows the fights) and thinking if our dps will be enough for the last boss as both dps are L50. Enter Savrak, he jumps and 1 dps die. I am calm though, explain him the fight. Repeat, and he falls again. We vote kick him and get another guy. We ask the new guy if he knows the fight. Silence. I repeat 3 times and he says yes I did it with another toon. We go into fight and he falls over. And then disconnects. Healer whispers me this guy was from the same guild as the first guy . We get another dps (l55 this time) and finish the darn thing,

sanctified
03.25.2014 , 04:37 PM | #2423
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Except that damage transfer works only in PvP.
Yeppers. If a healer demands a guard, I politely tell him that he doesn't need one outside of a war zone.

I was leveling a baby guardian tank. I get put into a hammer station group. Whatever, I can tank hammer station in my sleep. We get to that annoying early pull with the two droids. For guardians, I always just pull everything and line of sight it: It makes it super easy not only to survive the damage, but to hold threat.

I type it out really fast, and then go stand by the wall and tell everyone to stand over here.

Healer: That's stupid I will CC one.
Me: no need. This is faster, and keeps all the threat on me.
Healer: CC-ing now.
Me: Bro, You're going to die. Just wait here. It takes two seconds to do right.
Healer: **** and tank
Me: I'm trying to tank. I'm showing you how to do this really simply.
Healer: lol noob u dont even guard me
Me: You don't need a guard. Listen, don't start with a cc, just stand over here.
Healer: I have 12 55's and I've never seen anyone do this
Me: I have three 55's and I've seen people do this all the time.
DPS: Are we doing this?
Me: I'd like to, tell the healer to stand over here.
Other dps: Just pull. If he cc's and dies, I'll heal.
Me: Oh. Okay.
Healer: B--tch I'm the healer u better not f---king heal.
Me: Pulling.
(I start to pull. The healer cc's a droid gets swarmed, and dies. I run around the corner, tank all the mobs as planned, and we kill them all. Our healer is irate.)
Healer: F**KING R*TARD THATS WHY I NEED A GUARD!!!
Me: Guard wouldn't have helped you, bro.
Healer: U F*CKING SUCK AT THIS FAKE TANK!!
New Healer: I thought he was pretty good.
Healer: IM THE HEALER
New Healer: You were.
Healer: I BETTER NOT SEE YOUR ASSES AROUND! 55 SNIPER I WILL KILL UR ASSES
Me: It's a PVE server, bro. Have fun with that.
Healer: (Fires a racial slur at the group and quits.)

There are some desperately unhappy people with internet connections.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

toha
03.25.2014 , 06:20 PM | #2424
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
There are some desperately unhappy people with internet connections.
Thank you, you just reminded me of a very weird person. That fits that description perfectly,

Story time:

Not a FP but an arena still it's a PuG so I reckon this belongs in this thread, unranked, mid levels(30+ to 54).
Team composion: 1 jugg dps, 1 Mara, my 38 sniper, and A-hole Sniper.
Convo:
Me: who's first?
Jugg: healer
*A few seconds pause* Mr. A-hole was still zoning in.
A-h sniper: ST*U noob 1v1
*Match begins*
We win but lose the Jugg half way in.
*New round*
A-h sniper: lol did you die noob?
Mara: ?
Jugg: I died because I was tanking them 1v4
A-h sniper: *insert curses here* idiot noob lol
*Round 2*
Victory and no deaths this time.
*Score board pops up*
A-h sniper is the lowest Dps out of our team.
A-h sniper:my dps WT* noobs?
*Mara leaves the Ops Group*
Jugg: your mother should have had an abortion.
Me: yep (Was all I could manage, as I was busy laughing my a** off at being blamed for low dps)

At this point I dropped group, as this guy was pissing me off.
Wish I didn't come to think of it, wish I knew how that ended
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Fidelicatessen
03.25.2014 , 07:45 PM | #2425
Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
Guard provides a 25% reduction in threat and a 5% damage reduction increase to the target regardless of distance, and transfers 50% of the incoming damage from players (and probably companions) to the tank, as long as the tank is within 15 m.
Just to clarify (since this is apparently confusing):

In PvE, Guard provides 5% DR and 25% reduction in threat. That's why you want it on the melee DPS instead of the healer.

In PvP, Guard provides 5% DR and a 50% incoming damage transfer. That's why you want it on the healer, but if the healer isn't healing you, you're screwed.

Khevar
03.25.2014 , 07:59 PM | #2426
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
In PvP, Guard provides 5% DR and a 50% incoming damage transfer. That's why you want it on the healer, but if the healer isn't healing you, you're screwed.
I know, right?? The first time I brought my new tank into a pug PvP match, I thought I'd guard the healer on my team. Who promptly decided he would only heal himself.

I'll bet you can guess how long I lasted ...

midianlord
03.25.2014 , 09:48 PM | #2427
"Adds."

"Adds!"

"AAAAAAAAADDDDSSS!!!!"

(Splat!)

Seriously, what level of fail is required to wipe repeatedly on that droid boss in KDY because I'm the only one killing adds in that huge-azz room, can't keep up with the spawn-rate, whilst no-one else is doing any damage to the boss, or running the kolto-clickies, or moving out of the massively-telegraphed ick on the floor when it comes...in an all-DPS group?

What further level of fail is required to be wearing a Sorceror's lower robe with level 20-ish Willpower mods --on a level 32 Sniper?

Is it possible to set a whole guild on /ignore? Even I would pay those *********** real-money things for an unlock to allow this.

Jeezus-pleez-us :/

E:

That Sniper even levelled during the Flashpoint. Good God, when did some bright light in the MMO industry decide that catering to the lowest common denominator of bads was a good thing?

I'd like to have words with that no-doubt estimable individual.

Harsh, pointed, and not-at-all fit for polite company words.
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
Merc and 'Slinger 4 life
Spoiler

YanksfanJP
03.25.2014 , 10:03 PM | #2428
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
Yeppers. If a healer demands a guard, I politely tell him that he doesn't need one outside of a war zone.
The reason I ask for guards in Flashpoints when I'm healing is because tanks in this game seem to lack the intelligence to actually tank more than one mob in a pull at a time, which leaves me healer-tanking the other 4.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just aware of my greatness.

Isaacone
03.25.2014 , 11:51 PM | #2429
Not so much a weird group I had but an interesting fight. Leveling my jedi knight guardian today I did sm cademimu as a tank. The whole thing went fine till the final boss. First fight we wiped because the dps stood near flames. Second time they ran to the flames after the boss jumped on them and I was trying to pull aggro to me. Well anyway the two dps died and me and the healer defeated the boss from about 80% health. It surprised me that he didnt enrage. Or does he enrage. Its been awhile since ive done sm flashpoints

DisturbedMalak
03.26.2014 , 12:02 AM | #2430
Quote: Originally Posted by YanksfanJP View Post
The reason I ask for guards in Flashpoints when I'm healing is because tanks in this game seem to lack the intelligence to actually tank more than one mob in a pull at a time, which leaves me healer-tanking the other 4.
Then you obviously haven't run a lowbie flahpoint with one of my tanks, rarely does a healer have adds on them, and if so, are promptly dealt with. I would go so far as to say to not demand it. There are specific fights where guarding the healer helps (most of them being in some ops fights (hm brontes, 6 finger phase for example).

I've seen too many healers ask for it and then explain to them why they don't need it. But I digress, and i do agree to an extent. That's why most of the time I am tanking the flashpoint myself, because I seem to get what you are describing, so i solve the problem myself hehe. Just as the old saying goes, if you want something done right, do it yourself.