Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

KorinHyvek
03.23.2014 , 10:01 PM | #2401
So, I had some... interesting experiences with boarding party. First, I had an entire group flip out at me for using guard on a dps. Frustrating, but I needed to get off not long after anyway, so not a huge deal. Then, after coming back a couple of hours later, I get another group. First thing I notice? one of the dps has 5k hp. Well, of course this is curious, so I check. A mix of inquisitor gear, empty oranges, and 1-2 actually pieces of maruader gear. Now, this isn't that out of the ordinary for this thread. But what makes it weird? After we told him he needed to fix his gear... He switched to a full Republic pilot outfit. that was entirely empty.

I salute our healer for ensuring that he only died once before we finally got fed up after he did something stupid (running through a group of mobs we'd bypassed by jumping onto the side of the area, triggering a double pull). Frankly, I'm surprised they tolerated him as long as they did.
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

Sinapus
03.23.2014 , 10:21 PM | #2402
Had 3 tactical flashpoints in a row with 3 healers and a DPS. KDY, and both story-mode Czerka flashpoints. We made it through pretty good. "We're a healthy group" as I stated on group chat.

As for KDY, I have noticed people jumping ahead a lot. It's a bit annoying. Started leveling a gunslinger and queued for KDY to get a level. Was lvl 20 with a lvl 25(?) scoundrel and two lvl 40+ people. My slinger and the scoundrel got bolstered to 20+k health, but when we leveled during the flashpoint we ended up going to about 4-5k ...and when the lvl 40s jumped ahead we were both low on health. We survived but really, is waiting 10-15 seconds for an out-of-combat heal too much?
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

Ruskaeth
03.24.2014 , 02:19 AM | #2403
Happened at the Red Eclipse, in a galaxy far far away...

Don't you all love those unknown individuals whispering to get boosted through some flashpoint?

This one had quite sensitive ignore-finger: http://imgur.com/L4x21ur

Can't say I am disappointed thought.
Hey subscriber or player about to subscribe! Yes, you! Would you like a free server transfer and seven days added to your subscription for free?

Click this monkey 🙊 and accept with a yes on the next screen. Remember! You can only do it once.

🙈 DiLiH Janitor: Dr'Slime, Cheveyo, P'ur, Cautela, Vaecordia, Dactylion 🙉

Darkelefantos
03.24.2014 , 03:05 AM | #2404
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
Happened at the Red Eclipse, in a galaxy far far away...

Don't you all love those unknown individuals whispering to get boosted through some flashpoint?

This one had quite sensitive ignore-finger: ...

Can't say I am disappointed thought.
You should censor the names before posting in this thread . Also, report that guy because "F***ing Jew" is just...
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

slafko
03.24.2014 , 03:55 AM | #2405
I had such a bad (both play- and gear-wise) tank in Collicoid WG yesterday that after a few pulls I just gave up on healing him. The strategy form then on was "let the tank die and heal the sentinel". The vanguard tank was woefully undergeared and had no clue about tanking. Refused to listen to suggestions and I regularly ended up tanking with my sage. Bubble ftw.

Next run, Battle of Ilum. Guardian tank.
First he dies in the exhaustion zone. Twice. Then he doesn't tank both bosses at cave entrance. We get to the two droids and kill the smaller one. The big one starts hitting me and switches to the sentinel. I check to see what the tank is doing and find him salvaging the dead droid. Told him to loot after we kill and he responds with /w "F*CK OFF HES ON ME".

Shoutout to all the Sentinels that jump marked mobs floating in mid-air. You guys make the game both funnier and facepalm-worthy at the same time. Kudos.
Just remember: You break it, you tank it.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

Ruskaeth
03.24.2014 , 04:15 AM | #2406
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
You should censor the names before posting in this thread . Also, report that guy because "F***ing Jew" is just...
Oh, sorry, I guess I never thought about that.
Hey subscriber or player about to subscribe! Yes, you! Would you like a free server transfer and seven days added to your subscription for free?

Click this monkey 🙊 and accept with a yes on the next screen. Remember! You can only do it once.

🙈 DiLiH Janitor: Dr'Slime, Cheveyo, P'ur, Cautela, Vaecordia, Dactylion 🙉

AAAAzrael
03.24.2014 , 04:35 AM | #2407
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
As for the sandstorm duneclaw. As dps just position yourself so that the guardian can leap at you. Problem solved there too ;-)
You can gurdian leap on the generator, just almost nobody knows about it. Also if you specced into speed buff when guarded person takes damage you have loads of time to run there.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

fire-breath
03.24.2014 , 09:05 AM | #2408
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
THIS VIDEO.

http://www.youtube.com

THIS RIGHT HERE.

This is why I always play tank and never anything else. I can't stand the idea of being in the hands of a baddie. With a bad healer, I can still make a difference. With a bad tank, it's all over, baby. Props to the video owner for keeping his sense of humor with this freak show. He's good people.
There is so much wrong with that dude ....... he is a true weirdo.
The parts I watched he was saying he hoped that the group wouldn't attack certain adds. He even ran away. Best to do is to communicate about it.
In a sence this guy was creating his own failgroup I'm afraid.
Best example is that he never typed out in chat to attack the adds. Instead his groupmates did. An important part which makes or breaks a flashpoint is communication. Which he lacked imho.

Anyway ..... to answer the question about what isn't allowed to be showed on the swtor forums:
- names of people in a negative way

Its perfect common sense tbh. You don't want to run the risk of people harassing you ingame about a screenshot or a ytube vid. This is also the reason why I hide the chat with a picture when I'm streaming on twitch.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

Halinalle
03.24.2014 , 09:58 AM | #2409
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
I had such a bad (both play- and gear-wise) tank in Collicoid WG yesterday that after a few pulls I just gave up on healing him. The strategy form then on was "let the tank die and heal the sentinel". The vanguard tank was woefully undergeared and had no clue about tanking. Refused to listen to suggestions and I regularly ended up tanking with my sage. Bubble ftw.
Was it about "Guarding the healer"?

Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
There is so much wrong with that dude ....... he is a true weirdo.
The parts I watched he was saying he hoped that the group wouldn't attack certain adds. He even ran away. Best to do is to communicate about it.
I didn't see that part in video. Or do you mean the first group of mobs they attacked? Well, you don't have to kill those. I know it's possible for someone to accidentally aggro those mobs but killing them is optional. I would've said something like "What are you guys doing?" in group chat.
People say tactical/veteran mode flashpoints are difficult. I would like to disagree.

venomlash
03.24.2014 , 01:35 PM | #2410
Quote: Originally Posted by toha View Post
No, just no.
A decent healer can cover for mistakes from a bad tank, provided the Dps aren't idiots or have gold fever.

Example: Sorc, SM Cadamimu, tank died to first fire as did one of the dps.Very good Sorc Dps +my Sorc healer= 1 dead boss.
Doesn't count. You can solo General Ortol with a healing companion (at least in hardmode), since he doesn't do that much damage and companions are immune to fire. That said, a good healer can definitely make up for a bad tank.

Quote: Originally Posted by KorinHyvek View Post
First, I had an entire group flip out at me for using guard on a dps.[snip]one of the dps has 5k hp. Well, of course this is curious, so I check. A mix of inquisitor gear, empty oranges, and 1-2 actually pieces of maruader gear. Now, this isn't that out of the ordinary for this thread. But what makes it weird? After we told him he needed to fix his gear... He switched to a full Republic pilot outfit. that was entirely empty.
Story of this thread.

Now to log in and try my chances in groupfinder...