Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
03.23.2014 , 02:15 AM | #2391
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
Queue on my commando, get slotted as heals for HM Czerka Core Meltdown. DPS are Sentinels (Combat and Watchman), pretty well-geared. Tank is a Guardian (always cause for alarm when dealing with the Enhanced Duneclaw) with 28k health.
And this attitude is exactly why I plan to grind credits for 72/78 dps gear because "tank with less than 35k HP is undergeared". Shouldn't take that long. Mods are cheap 5-7 million each.

Tactical flashpoints and "minimum gear reqs".
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level 4
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P)

Cox_The_Beast's Avatar


Cox_The_Beast
03.23.2014 , 06:24 AM | #2392
About "minimum gear requirements", another story came to my mind.
A couple of weeks ago, a guildie of mine needed a tank for a 55 HM FP, but most of our ppl on at that time were busy on DF, including the only 55 tanks except me. I was on a lowbie alt at that time, and hearing from my guildie that the healer caused 3 (!) tanks to quit and hearing they were on the 1st boss on Mando Raiders, I decided to have a look at the guy myself. So, logged my guardian tank with 66-69 gear, mostly 69, 72 bracers and 78 belt, and got sent right there through gf. Well, I greet ppl, the other dps is relieved. The healer not so much: apparently, being in full 78 with set bonus and augments is a must for the guy in HM FP...
Well, np, I can stand it with ease if my guildie - scoundrel DPS - agrees on offhealing me should the healer sabotage us like I was told the guy did before. I have to throw out all my dcd on cd, and my guildie offheals me, but we manage with me only going below 40% health, and only because the healer was picky on healing me.
After that I simply get no heals from him, but my guildie and the other dps - commando, lucky me! - threw occasional offheals on me, enough to keep me up. After the second boss, again like that, I whisper both dps to stop attacking mobs who go for the healer, and they do. He dies like 4 times on those mobs, and after he dies I get agro and things are smooth.
"Hey tank, do your job!" He writes. "Oh, but I do. I protect everyone that is doing his job here."
Both dps whisper me their lolling, and the healer reluctantly begins to heal properly. We down the bonus boss with ease, then the final boss.
My guildie and the other dps start thanking me via guild chat and whispers, then we part ways. After we get out and I'm about to relog my alt, the healer starts whispering me with apologies, saying he never managed with a tank geared like I was, and admitting he may have been a true a-hole. I accept those, but suggest him to pay more attention to gear requirements, because those are what you really need. He agreed, and a few other guildies that ran HM FP a few days later finding him told me he became much more tolerant on gear.
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.

fire-breath's Avatar


fire-breath
03.23.2014 , 08:39 AM | #2393
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
And this attitude is exactly why I plan to grind credits for 72/78 dps gear because "tank with less than 35k HP is undergeared". Shouldn't take that long. Mods are cheap 5-7 million each.

Tactical flashpoints and "minimum gear reqs".
Which attitude? He was talking about a guardian being an issue for the boss. Not the 28k HP. You have to read the '( .... )' correctly mate ;-)
If the teammates helpout a bit neither should be an issue for guardians. On my vg and shadow I tend to not walk but only move by being pushed at the vrrblrter-ish-thingy. Has a near 100% succesrate. Since the boss is always in 4 meters range guardians should work just fine.
As for the sandstorm duneclaw. As dps just position yourself so that the guardian can leap at you. Problem solved there too ;-)
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Srh - Shadow Tank
TRE PvP toon
Ishmaldo - Sage healer

sanctified's Avatar


sanctified
03.23.2014 , 03:19 PM | #2394
THIS VIDEO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZMP2raer0


THIS RIGHT HERE.

This is why I always play tank and never anything else. I can't stand the idea of being in the hands of a baddie. With a bad healer, I can still make a difference. With a bad tank, it's all over, baby. Props to the video owner for keeping his sense of humor with this freak show. He's good people.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

Darkelefantos's Avatar


Darkelefantos
03.23.2014 , 03:33 PM | #2395
So, let's assume I queued as a healer for Hammer Station SM. Let us further assume that the designated tank is an underleveled Powertech needing on things he shouldn't (lvl 15 and very squishy, probably because of the greens from Dromund he was rolling with) and gladly breaking the healer's CC. Let us furthermore assume that one of the DPS was no DPS, but a tank specced Juggernaut (who guarded me and tanked a lot of the FP), who apparently decided to counter-need whenever the PT rolled need on something inappropriate nobody else from the group needed.
Additionally, let us assume that the Tank didn't know red=dead when it comes to the bridges (and from that point on didn't roll need once anymore ). Furthermore, let us assume that people at the final boss stood a) in the mines, b) in his Sweeping Gunfire AOE and c) left the healer to deal with the adds on their own, completely depleting their energy (Operative) twice.
Finally, let us assume that in spite of all this, the group did not wipe once and the Ops healer got all the loot appropriate for his class (head, chest, weapon).

After assuming all of this, would you come to the conclusion that this is a weird experience, or a normal one?

If you say this is completely normal, things are going "well" in this game.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

toha's Avatar


toha
03.23.2014 , 03:47 PM | #2396
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
With a bad tank, it's all over, baby.
No, just no.
A decent healer can cover for mistakes from a bad tank, provided the Dps aren't idiots or have gold fever.

Example: Sorc, SM Cadamimu, tank died to first fire as did one of the dps.Very good Sorc Dps +my Sorc healer= 1 dead boss.

Example2:Merc(72/69 mix), HM CZ labs, 18k Jugg tank+first timer, 1 wipe.
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Cox_The_Beast's Avatar


Cox_The_Beast
03.23.2014 , 04:29 PM | #2397
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
So, let's assume I queued as a healer for Hammer Station SM. Let us further assume that the designated tank is an underleveled Powertech needing on things he shouldn't (lvl 15 and very squishy, probably because of the greens from Dromund he was rolling with) and gladly breaking the healer's CC. Let us furthermore assume that one of the DPS was no DPS, but a tank specced Juggernaut (who guarded me and tanked a lot of the FP), who apparently decided to counter-need whenever the PT rolled need on something inappropriate nobody else from the group needed.
Additionally, let us assume that the Tank didn't know red=dead when it comes to the bridges (and from that point on didn't roll need once anymore ). Furthermore, let us assume that people at the final boss stood a) in the mines, b) in his Sweeping Gunfire AOE and c) left the healer to deal with the adds on their own, completely depleting their energy (Operative) twice.
Finally, let us assume that in spite of all this, the group did not wipe once and the Ops healer got all the loot appropriate for his class (head, chest, weapon).

After assuming all of this, would you come to the conclusion that this is a weird experience, or a normal one?

If you say this is completely normal, things are going "well" in this game.
Nice one hands down.
I wouldn't call it normal, because it's not, or at least it shouldn't be... But it seems to be fairly common, so just get ready to cover for that kind of ppl as you lvl up... That'll save you a lot of headaches, believe me, even though facepalms will still come to you.
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.

Kane_Ren's Avatar


Kane_Ren
03.23.2014 , 05:25 PM | #2398
Are you allowed to post pics? got a doozy of a run where everyone supposedly knew what they were doing against grenade boss in kdy, clearly didn't. I was the only one in 2 out of the 4 wipes who used the pads. Soo many noob questions after 4th wipe and called a scrub who didn't contribute by someone who ate all the grenades thrown at him/her during the whole run. I believe this person even died twice by running away from the trash we were currently fighting, to solo the champion.
Its weird but on harbinger, imps are great at ops, fp's and general pve stuff. They suck at PvP tho
Reps are great at PvP, especially GSF. Would I pug as a rep? Only if absolutely necessary after tonights farce.
55 Scoundrel DPS - 55 Commando DPS - 55 Sentinel DPS - 55 Shadow Tank
55 Sniper DPS - 55 Operative - 55 Assassin -55 Inquisitor (no AC) - 55 Sorcerer
55 Juggernaut Tank - 55 Powertech Tank - 55 Sage Healer - 55 Guardian Tank -
55 Vanguard Tank - 55 Marauder - 55 Gunslinger DPS - 55 Merc DPS

sharveendp's Avatar


sharveendp
03.23.2014 , 07:02 PM | #2399
This wasn't a GF but a guild run of HM Hammer Station. I main a healer but the only other guys on at the time are a Sorc Healer, Sorc DPS and Mara (all in 72-ish gear). SInce we lacked a tank we all agreed (they force persuaded me) into using my weakling DPS assasin as a tank (66/69 gear, 27k health). So we went in with me still specced in madness and no shield, 0% shield chance and 0% absorption. All I did was put up dark charge to make it a bit more tanky. Amazingly we actually completed it without a wipe, I only died once on the droid boss but got combat rezzed and finished it. That was an interesting run, props to amazing healer. We were practically laughing our way through the FP with the ridiculousness of it all.

PLynkes's Avatar


PLynkes
03.23.2014 , 07:26 PM | #2400
Crazy DPSers running wild and free on the Drive Yards today. I think the freedom of not having to wait for a tank goes to their (our) heads. Maybe they were doing it for a lark, but two of them (from the same guild) would just run ahead and attack everything. Then do it again, without waiting to heal up. Then just for fun, why not aggro every single bad guy in the multi-level prison block area all at once? At the very least, it won't be dull. I have no idea how they even managed it, but I was chased out of there by about twenty bad guys.

It was all rather hilarious. I'm sure they can only have been doing it on purpose. But they kept dying and they kept not stopping to heal. I tried my best with my own DPS Commando to keep them alive with my three pathetic off-heals, but to no avail. I politely suggested they maybe stop for a second to heal up before we moved on, but apparently "healing is for wussies."

I'm not complaining, it was a lot of fun, and of course we won in the end, it was only KDY after all. But it was damn weird. In a good way, though. Sorta.