Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


toha's Avatar


toha
03.16.2014 , 02:18 PM | #2311
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerJediRanger View Post
Somehow I never had a bad run on KDY. Sure one time I accidently pulled many enemies. Though I was the only one that died. And the rest of my group didn't kicked me. Guess I was good at distracting them. Though I was on my Bounty Hunter dps (forgot the AC.) at the time. Second time I did it one guy did the same thing when I was on one of my republic characters. Still no problems. Surprisingly all three times I did KDY were all fine and no one raged or anything. All the runs were smooth.
3 KDY runs? Total? I've ran it so many tumes by now that I know single enemy placement, on every damn scenario...
I need to stop making alts
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
03.16.2014 , 02:48 PM | #2312
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerJediRanger View Post
Somehow I never had a bad run on KDY. Sure one time I accidently pulled many enemies. Though I was the only one that died. And the rest of my group didn't kicked me.
Was it Holding Cells scenario? If it was then it's "normal". Happens to me quite often. It's hilarious when you enter one of the "wings" and start fighting the first mobs and suddenly every mob in lower level goes after the group.

In one of the groups my Juggernaut was in, one of the group members said "Dude..." and I started to laugh. But of course it was level 55 version so it wasn't even a challenge for us. It's manageable in lower level version. Group needs to first LoS them and then open with best AoEs you have.

rantboi's Avatar


rantboi
03.16.2014 , 02:51 PM | #2313
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Was it Holding Cells scenario? If it was then it's "normal". Happens to me quite often. It's hilarious when you enter one of the "wings" and start fighting the first mobs and suddenly every mob in lower level goes after the group.

In one of the groups my Juggernaut was in, one of the group member said "Dude..." and I started to laugh. But of course it was level 55 version so it wasn't even a challenge for us. It's manageable in lower level version. Group needs to first LoS them and then open with best AoEs you have.
or you could just not knock them to the lower level so they won't aggro the whole room

toha's Avatar


toha
03.16.2014 , 03:06 PM | #2314
Quote: Originally Posted by rantboi View Post
or you could just not knock them to the lower level so they won't aggro the whole room
Had the most fun during a KDY run with a group that did this on purpose,twice , we agreed to do it in the spur of the moment both times, crazy good group. And it was a PUG group.
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

sanctified's Avatar


sanctified
03.16.2014 , 03:12 PM | #2315
A mercenary healer who looked, to paraphrase a quote from Family guy 'Like a rough trick named Jim", apparently by design, (some kind of S&M mask, short shorts, honestly you just had to see him), who apparently never ran a flashpoint before, because he kept begging to be guarded.

I think his name was Bogsey, or Boogsy. Something like that. His guild name was "Ai Yo B-tch." Anyway, this gimp kept asking for a guard. I explained to him that healers in flashpoints don't need guards. They're practically nonentities compared to this suicidal looking Assassin I was watching out for. I gave him a crash course on how threat works in a dungeon. His response:

"...."

He gets really quiet. Then he follows the group, waits for me to make a big pull, then drops group with a "Good luck, suckers!" His replacement showed up five seconds later, naturally, but in the meanwhile, everything is already dead. The group spends the rest of the run making fun of Boogly's name, and commiserating about diva healers. It was a little surreal.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

toha's Avatar


toha
03.16.2014 , 03:43 PM | #2316
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
A mercenary healer who looked, to paraphrase a quote from Family guy 'Like a rough trick named Jim", apparently by design, (some kind of S&M mask, short shorts, honestly you just had to see him), who apparently never ran a flashpoint before, because he kept begging to be guarded.

I think his name was Bogsey, or Boogsy. Something like that. His guild name was "Ai Yo B-tch." Anyway, this gimp kept asking for a guard. I explained to him that healers in flashpoints don't need guards. They're practically nonentities compared to this suicidal looking Assassin I was watching out for. I gave him a crash course on how threat works in a dungeon. His response:

"...."

He gets really quiet. Then he follows the group, waits for me to make a big pull, then drops group with a "Good luck, suckers!" His replacement showed up five seconds later, naturally, but in the meanwhile, everything is already dead. The group spends the rest of the run making fun of Boogly's name, and commiserating about diva healers. It was a little surreal.
Love this story!
Not butter story level, but awesome none the less
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

AdirahBerkovich's Avatar


AdirahBerkovich
03.16.2014 , 07:46 PM | #2317
Taking advantage of double XP before it's over; myself and two others grab our neglected group; one tanking Guardian, one healing Sage, and a dpsing Scoundrel.
Grab a quick groupfinder for commendations and XP. First time's relatively smooth, but the second time we get a commando who insists on not only pulling before the tank, but also breaking cc. We wipe on the two gold droids due to a low-level Sage's lack of ideal Force management and a dead commando. After that's cleared, we vote-kick the commando, the tank gets Kira out, and we three-man it all the way to the end without a problem.
"And if I had the answers I'd have written them out, so I can tell you what to do and what this thing is about, but all I've ever learned comes second-hand, and I dare not preach what I don't understand."

Jedi_Knight_Jess's Avatar


Jedi_Knight_Jess
03.17.2014 , 01:53 AM | #2318
I haven't run into a truly horrible GF yet.... I found a really good guild, and usually end up doing runs with them, which is awesome

But the one thing I have run into..... are the rest of the ppl in my group being completely silent!

I usually send out a 'hey' 'hi' or a 'good luck' to everyone,................and it's dead air.......I can't stand that!

I'm not expecting we'll get into a deep discussion or Plato or anything, but a simple hello?

oerdnj's Avatar


oerdnj
03.17.2014 , 05:24 AM | #2319
Still no mention of Porkchop? How strange... he's probably just a troll, but he wore a Willpower chest on JK for "more force power". We were wiping at bonus boss in Mandos, so we kicked him out (he went into quite impolite rage) and finished very quickly the boss with the replacement we got from GF.

Anyway my experience with GF is mostly pleasant.

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
03.17.2014 , 07:34 AM | #2320
KDY:
First thing we get in chat even before the convo: "skip plz". Great start already!
During convo while waiting others I say "Hey."... and nothing.... "skip" x2 from same person, assassin.
We go to shuttle and start doing first scenario. Everything is fine except that this assassin has obsession: to knock every mob out of range of my Death From Above / Sweeping Blasters. We get everything done though and get to boss: Major Benes (easiest fight mechanics in the FP): but still this assassin manages to die more than once. Adds spawn -> I think it's time for DFA -> Assassin uses Overload -> Assassin says "n00b".