Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Lain-QT
03.07.2014 , 03:13 AM | #2221
A few weeks ago in Czerka Labs HM on my Guardian Tank, with guildie healer and dps (all near full 78 at the time) and a sentinel with no set bonus, endurance-heavy mods, and, apparently: no clue as to what he was doing!

Standing in all sorts of circles on the other bosses wasn't the worst thing he did. Jumping in too soon or attaccking cc'ed or the wrong targets wasn't that bad either. We've all been there and we made it through easily enough anyway. Yet on the last boss, he accused me for not taunting (even though I never lost aggro on Blys and basically all the red/blue adds at all) and was wondering why he kept on dying. Our healer was tired of his whining (as was I!) and decided to focus on keeping the people that were doing a proper job alive. We killed him easily, after which aforementioned sentinel said "WORST TANK EVER, l2p!" and f'ed off into the night.

Bad tank, baaaaaaad tank! I should be ashamed of myself

cymonguk
03.07.2014 , 09:22 AM | #2222
I had one which I wasn't sure whether it was me missing the point! I queued up on my new 27 dps jugg, and got my first Cademimu on this character. Don't get me wrong I have played this as a tank and a healer, and have had no problems. So I come in to the fp, and realise they have already started, fine np, I look on the map and they are not too far in. So I walks into the area and it is literally full of mobs, there is no place where they seem to have killed anything, so I am guessing that they have cc'd there way through. However on Cademimu there is no way to avoid the mobs without a cc, certain mobs can be avoided at the beginning, but there are at least a few after the first lift down, as you go past the police cars to the next point in the cantina there is a choke point at a door.

So I run up but realise there is one mob guarding a door you cant get past (afik), without going through them, I do give it a try thinking I might have half a chance, run up and eventually get smashed. OK so I post up in chat "if you want me in, you will need to come back to the cantina as you have not killed the mobs and they are off cc", no response. I try once again, trying to find a sneak path, but again cant avoid the pull and die. Next minute I get kick voted for "being a noob".

fire-breath
03.07.2014 , 10:25 AM | #2223
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
My guess: He probably wasn't properly specced in Immortal, didn't use defensive CDs, and possibly wasn't even wearing a shield.
Wel. ... being in pvp 65 gear sounds like it's just below 66 pve.i can't check it atm since I'm on the the road. 66 pve is doable if he knows his rotation and cd's. A 58 geared healer can heal a dps shadow in tankstance with shield . Meaning. ... 65 shouldn't make him drop that easely.

Not sure if he was hybrid. I thought they killed the tank dps hybrid.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Zal'ssesse - Engi Sniper Macewindy - Sab Slinger

PugsloveHP - the 67k HP commando DPS/healer

Garster
03.07.2014 , 01:33 PM | #2224
I was in one where I had to go afk for a bit because, to my surprise, the store across the street had a sale on butter (omg, i know right). Needless to say, HM FPs take a backseat because who doesn't love butter? Butter tastes sooo much better than other shortenings and makes everything wonderful. It's true that it has a lower smoke point than something like vegetable oil so you don't want to cook with it for too long in high heat. But the flavor it brings to everything is worth it when you're basting and sauteeing.

But anywho, those douchbags in my group who didn't appreciate butter booted me.

venomlash
03.07.2014 , 02:33 PM | #2225
Quote: Originally Posted by Lain-QT View Post
Yet on the last boss, he accused me for not taunting (even though I never lost aggro on Blys and basically all the red/blue adds at all) and was wondering why he kept on dying.
The only thing I can think of is that he can't tell the difference between an add coming after him and an add doing area damage to the whole group.

Quote: Originally Posted by cymonguk View Post
I had one which I wasn't sure whether it was me missing the point! I queued up on my new 27 dps jugg, and got my first Cademimu on this character. Don't get me wrong I have played this as a tank and a healer, and have had no problems. So I come in to the fp, and realise they have already started, fine np, I look on the map and they are not too far in. So I walks into the area and it is literally full of mobs, there is no place where they seem to have killed anything, so I am guessing that they have cc'd there way through. However on Cademimu there is no way to avoid the mobs without a cc, certain mobs can be avoided at the beginning, but there are at least a few after the first lift down, as you go past the police cars to the next point in the cantina there is a choke point at a door.

So I run up but realise there is one mob guarding a door you cant get past (afik), without going through them, I do give it a try thinking I might have half a chance, run up and eventually get smashed. OK so I post up in chat "if you want me in, you will need to come back to the cantina as you have not killed the mobs and they are off cc", no response. I try once again, trying to find a sneak path, but again cant avoid the pull and die. Next minute I get kick voted for "being a noob".
You were perfectly reasonable IMO. If a group is going to skip some fights via stealth, they need to come back to let replacements in.
Reminds me of one run I did of Karagga's Palace once, pre-2.0...
It was a 16man PUG, and we got through the first two bosses easily. We skip a bunch of the Kintan Crusher trash on the way to good old Forehead Crusher, but wiped on the boss himself. We then spent 30 minutes trying to regroup, because with 16 people running back from the checkpoint, at least one would aggro something while trying to sneak through, and then because we were spread out the mobs would pick us off one by one. And then we'd all need to respawn and try again. I kept saying we should just go back and clear some trash, but nobody else would hear of it. Eventually enough people got sick of it and dropped group that we turned it into an 8man run and polished off the rest of the Op without trouble.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Sangiban
03.08.2014 , 12:38 AM | #2226
I was playing my yougin Shadow and queued for the Esseles FP as tank. My group had another Shadow as a tank so we co-tanked. We had two queued as healers, a Scoundrel and a Sage. The Sage didn't heal at all, he was acting as a DPS, and it was frustrating. Since we were so low level (highest was 14, I was 11) it didn't matter, but man if we were any higher we would've died.
Quote: Originally Posted by My Lord Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness View Post
I suppose an introduction is in order. I'm Sshheogorath, PRRRRINCE. OF. MADNESS! And... other things. I'm not talking about them.
"The night is darkest before the Shan."

AbsolutGrndZero
03.08.2014 , 01:06 AM | #2227
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post

You were perfectly reasonable IMO. If a group is going to skip some fights via stealth, they need to come back to let replacements in.
Reminds me of one run I did of Karagga's Palace once, pre-2.0...
It was a 16man PUG, and we got through the first two bosses easily. We skip a bunch of the Kintan Crusher trash on the way to good old Forehead Crusher, but wiped on the boss himself. We then spent 30 minutes trying to regroup, because with 16 people running back from the checkpoint, at least one would aggro something while trying to sneak through, and then because we were spread out the mobs would pick us off one by one. And then we'd all need to respawn and try again. I kept saying we should just go back and clear some trash, but nobody else would hear of it. Eventually enough people got sick of it and dropped group that we turned it into an 8man run and polished off the rest of the Op without trouble.
That is why I hate skipping trash and such. If you just took an extra 15-20 minutes to kill the stuff (or less, in a FP) you'd save hours of wasted time because you couldn't finish cause nobody could get regrouped after a boss wipe. Especially in FPs, is it really worth it to save 5min? I don't think so.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Prototypemind
03.08.2014 , 01:48 AM | #2228
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangiban View Post
I was playing my yougin Shadow and queued for the Esseles FP as tank. My group had another Shadow as a tank so we co-tanked. We had two queued as healers, a Scoundrel and a Sage. The Sage didn't heal at all, he was acting as a DPS, and it was frustrating. Since we were so low level (highest was 14, I was 11) it didn't matter, but man if we were any higher we would've died.
Really, you barely need anything in the way of heals for that one, and definitely don't need two acting as tanks. Your mods are no different between DPS/Heals/Tanks at that point, so for the most part it really doesn't matter who does what as long as you're all on your toes. Chillax and enjoy the boredom that is the Esseles =p

Sangiban
03.08.2014 , 03:16 AM | #2229
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
Really, you barely need anything in the way of heals for that one, and definitely don't need two acting as tanks. Your mods are no different between DPS/Heals/Tanks at that point, so for the most part it really doesn't matter who does what as long as you're all on your toes. Chillax and enjoy the boredom that is the Esseles =p
Guess I've been running 55 HM FPs too long
Quote: Originally Posted by My Lord Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness View Post
I suppose an introduction is in order. I'm Sshheogorath, PRRRRINCE. OF. MADNESS! And... other things. I'm not talking about them.
"The night is darkest before the Shan."

Cox_The_Beast
03.08.2014 , 07:49 AM | #2230
lol, fun thread, took ages but I finally got to the last page of it. Since I have a few stories on that matter and I GF a lot, I thought I could write a couple of stories here, to share my fun.
First story, happened a few days ago. I logged my merc healer, lvl 24 at that time, after 6 months away from game. I need to say, I usually play tanks, so healing is a new world to me, and it was the same before my leave. After some time spent re-learning skills, rotations and so on, I decide to try doing a FP. I heard the new Tactical FP was manageable, and the role-free approach would have stressed me less as healer. Well, I spend some time "studying" to be prepared, then queued. Fast pop, just a few minutes, and as I enter I have a full dps team with me: 2 maras, lvl 15 and 46, and a merc lvl 23. I play both classes between alts and so on, so I'm confident I can keep them up and understand if they struggle. We start well, greetings and all, then I admit it's my 1st time there and ask for some patience. They all say np, which makes me feel well, all considered. As we start, I keep Rapid Shooting myself to build stacks and be ready when we fight, but as soon as we enter the first room with mobs, everyone agroes a different mob. I go in panic, running around throwing heals on everyone, rapidshooting and stunning adds as often as possible. Noone dropped below 60% health except the merc, much to my surprise, since it was the one I threw most heals to. I noticed she overheated a lot during fight too, because I saw her rapidshooting a lot more than she should have on the middle tree. Well np, noone died so I'm not mad at them, I just ask not to aggro multiple mobs at once, others apologize and off we go again. Things go smoothly for a while, till the 2nd floor - unsure what term to use here, you know, after you use the elevator - where the merc just runs away as me and the maras attack and destroy a particularly numerous mob. After we annihilated them, we noticed we were still in combat, so I open map and notice the merc is in another room altogether, fighting I can't say how many enemies alone. "Run to us!" I type in chat, then proceed to run to the merc with the 2 maras. We get there as the merc dies. I feel bad, but I haven't got teleport so there's no way I could have ket her up. Well, she resps and I ask again not to run away solo, because I can't keep everyone up otherwise. After that things went smoothly, and the highest lvl mara even complemented my healings as we were parting ways. The low lvl mara simply thanked me for not letting him die, saying most healers simply ignored his health dropping fast and focused on others. The merc just left. I hope she understood that running around is not a smart idea in a FP, because I was lucky I got mastery over my char back fast, or things would have been a lot harder.
Second story, low lvl once again, but that's where you get the most fun if others mistake things. Well, I was on my sniper, left on fleet right in front of the Black Talon FP doors before my leave, and I decide to queue for it to get a fast test-drive. Queue pops fast and we get a 3 dps and 1 tank team: me, lvl 11, 2 jugs - 1 dps lvl 11, 1 tank lvl 14 - and a mara, lvl 12. Well, guess I'll be sharpshooting things from afar and picking on weakened enemies to dispose of them, I say. We all say hello, then start. First fight, the tanking jug drops health FAST: I play both a jug tank and a guardian tank, with slightly different point distribution on skill trees, but I never dropped that fast with a single gold, not even at lvl 14 as he was. His stance was ok, so that was not the problem. Well, I'm no healer so I can't do anything to help. The jug then tells me to heal him. I kneeled before fight and my ballistic shield showed quite clearly what class I was, but I proceeed to say it anyway: I'm a Sniper, not an Operative, I have no healing skills. Well, the guy just shuts up and never speaks again for the rest of the FP. He tunnelvisioned only the strongest enemy, leaving others to the other dps, as I picked the weakened ones and killed them fast - lost of target swapping there. I managed to pull only from the tank, the dps had no issues at keeping agro, much to my surprise. Well, we get to the Jedi Padawan, after a lot of fights where the tank had like 1-3% health left at the end, while everyone else resisted hits a lot better, never dropped below 25% health; being far away made things a lot easier on me, and in fact I never dropped below 50%. Well, I explain tactics, the other dps were there 1st time and the tank was mute, so... As we enter and start the fight, the tank goes to those 3 enemies right after the boss and agroes them. Then he takes them to us, so we had to face BOTH the boss AND the adds after it. Well, I used strategy there: since everyone got on me, I ran to the exploding thing and shoot it, killing the 2 normal adds and weakening the silver mob and the boss. Others focused the boss, and while I was still holding agro, I ran to the electric thing and did the same, once again. The silver mob died, luckily, and the tank got his agro back on the boss. Finally, I was at 10% health at that point, tanking the boss and the mobs alone... Well, the boss obviously kept her mechanics on, pulling all and doing aoe around, so we got some dmg from that too. The only death was, guess who? The tank, who NEVER moved away from aoe even though I explained clearly that it was necessary to run or the dmg would have been massive. We finish the FP shortly after, then part ways. I've never been more amazed in a low lvl FP. I mean, by that point, even though you've never grouped for something like it, you should know that agroing mobs while fighting a boss is usualy a bad idea...
Well, these are 2 from me, hope you enjoy them. I'll probably add a few more as they come to my mind, because I've been quite unlucky with my GF. Thank you all for reading this, and thanks to everyone who wrote here. It was really fun to read these stories.
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.