Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Sorei
05.24.2013 , 08:16 PM | #211
On my new Sorc I always queue as heal and DPS...usually I get heal.
One time in Hammer Station I was DPS and another Sorc was heal.
I respecced. For some reason the tank immediately left so we were left with two DPS and the healer Sorc. The Sorc pulled out his companion...but not Khem, he took Andronikus.
During trash fights he DPSed, between the fights we had to use seethe and such....he never healed. Before we engaged the boss, I already feared he would not heal. He didn't even top himself up before we attacked.
The entire boss fight, he just stood there and didn't do anything, not even DPS. I tried to fill both roles and it was a close fight, but we wiped. Upon returning we saw the healer running around, being chased by the boss (seemed to be kinda buggy until he finally killed him).
I respecced to heal before the second try. Again the healer just stood there or ran in circles while I was healing the other DPS. As soon as the boss had been killed, the healer ran towards him, looted and rolled need for the pants with cunning... I had already planned to vote kick him, sadly not fast enough apparently...
I never encountered anyone so useless in a FP:... I understand it when players are new to the game and don't know what they're doing, but doing nothing at all during a boss fight...I have no sympathy there.

Delta_V
05.24.2013 , 08:29 PM | #212
As it turns out, some of these stories have happy endings.

A few weeks before 2.0 hit, I got dropped into a HM FP with a sage healer who clearly had no clue about gear. He was in mostly Tionese gear, but some of it was dps gear, while the rest was tank gear. The tank notices first, and just completely flips out. He starts yelling at the healer, calling him a stupid noob, etc., along with a few names I won't repeat here, and then initiated a vote kick (it failed because I wasn't going to vote kick until he had a chance to leave voluntarily). Now, the tank had a point; this guy had no business trying to heal a HM FP, but he was just a complete dick about it. While the tank is raging, the healer is politely asking what he's doing wrong and what he is supposed to do. I can hardly get a word in with the tank just overflowing the chat with insults, and I can see the healer is getting pretty upset, and he eventually just quits.

Naturally, as soon as the healer leaves, the tank calls me and the other dps (who had been pretty much silent to this point) a bunch of noobs as well, even though we never even started the FP, and then he rage quits. Without a tank or healer, we just give up on the FP, and I go back to doing dailies.

However, the healer had been pretty clearly upset by the tank's tirade. While he clearly didn't understand how gear worked, he had been polite and seemed open to advice, so I started whispering to him. I explained that the tank shouldn't have been such a dick, but that the tank did have a point - there was no way he could be an effective healer in that gear. I tried to explain what he was doing wrong (namely that his gear was a mess), and some things he could do to fix it. I also pointed him towards some useful sites where he could learn more.

Fast forward to about two weeks ago, and I'm doing the Ilum dailies. Soloing the heroic 2+ had become routine enough that I was apparently not paying enough attention, and I managed to pull a few extra mobs with twin saber throw. Turns out that even if you're 5 levels above the content, having 6 strongs and 3 elites beating on you hurts. I was down to about 10% health when a sage healer shows up and saves my ***. Once everything's dead I thank him, and he whispers "remember me?". At first I couldn't believe this sage in full 69 gear was the same one I met weeks ago. Turns out he read everything he could find online, got his gear straightened out, found a guild, and turned into a pretty ****** healer. I congratulated him on sticking with it, and he told me that he had been ready to give up after getting abused by that tank, and that my encouragement was the only reason he was still playing.

Moral of the story: if it had been up to that tank, the game would have one less healer than it does today. Don't just start yelling at somebody if they don't know what they're doing; try to explain what they're doing wrong and what they can do to fix it. If it's a problem that can't be fixed immediately (like gear), ask them to leave before starting a vote kick. If the player in question is rude about it, or refuses to acknowledge their mistakes, then start a vote kick.

JEEJohnson
05.26.2013 , 06:01 AM | #213
Last night me and a couples of guild mates queued for regular Boarding Party and Foundry. I was dps op, and the others were a Sniper and BH healer. So the queue pops for Boarding Party and we get a BH tank.

The tank proceeds to run ahead before me and the Sniper can load in and starts the first fight before we can use the lift, luckily the healer made it in and kept him alive. So I asked him politely to slow down so we can catch up and I can stealth before combat. He says fine. A few pulls later he says "I'm sure there is a good reason you are pulling mobs, but stop." I reply saying that it doesn't really matter with all the trash mobs since me and my guild mates are a little over-leveled. Our healer also says that dps can pull aggro and part of tanking is holding aggro as well as grabbing it at the start. The tank then leaves and sends our Healer a message saying that we should all learn how to play and that "our guild isn't ready for FP's"

Luckily we re-queue and get an awesome Assassin tank that made the run great fun so alls well that ends well
Starlight Legacy - Ebon hawk. enjoys PVP even if I am awful at it

Destroy_Apollo
05.26.2013 , 03:38 PM | #214
There are two different FP's that stand out in my mind, one was Maelstrom prison (on my DPS Commando which luckily myself and the 2 other team members were over geared and at the upper end of the lvl recommendation), the other time was Mandalorian Raiders (on my decently geared dps guardian but right at the recommended lvl). Both of these where Pre F2P launch as well.

So the Maelstrom prison we have a shadow tank, commando healer, dps scoundrel, and my dps commando. From the start it was pretty easy to see that the Tank was pretty new at tanking as they never used taunt or any of their defensive abilities, wouldn't attempt to maintain agro, even on the target they where attacking, Both the healer and I were constantly holding the agro. During the 1st *boss fight where you have to beat the guy on the hill that has the two green cats (i forget what they're called) we start out with the scoundrel and my self cc'ing the cats so we can focus on the imp guy. The shadow runs in and uses overload to break them out of cc and scatter them about. The commando healer uses his cc and the shadow then uses project to break the cc again. Two of the cats immediately go after the healer so I used mortar volley to take the agro off of him and on myself all the while the tank has used up all of their force power and is now just using the standard attack on the imp guy. Long battle but luckily no one died. After that fight I checked the equipment they had on and they where in all blue and green gear that was 5-6 lvl bellow what they where and I mean all of their gear even their lightsaber. During this time the person playing the scoundrel asks if this is anybody's 1st time on this FP the healer says yes it's their 1st and the shadow doesn't say anything. So the scoundrel gives a brief explanation of things and we move on. We get to the next boss where again it's another imp guy and the one cat in compound and it's more of the same thing I ended up pulling agro and tanking the fight, but before the fight is over the shadow runs and pulls one of the groups of troopers and droids. They ultimately end up getting killed bc they're all alone as the rest of the group is finishing up with the boss. Rez the shadow and the healer asks if they have ever tanked before and still they don't say anything. Throughout the FP they kept running off on their own and starting fights with random groups and not communicating with the group. We all ended up wiping at the Kolto tank boss bc again they pulled some mobs from outside the area. We ultimately finished the FP but my DPS Commando ended up tanking the FP as well as DPS'ing. That one was interesting.

The second was the Mandalorian Raiders we had a healer that wouldn't heal, attack, CC, or anything else. This time we had a shadow(dps), vanguard(tank), guardian(me dps), and sage(healer) We also had kind of a goofy tank. At the start we asked if anybody was new to the FP and everybody said they had completed it before. Things started to go downhill from the start when it was obvious that the sage healer wasn't healing anybody and the tank kept getting killed. We asked again if this was anyone's 1st time and politely asked if the healer could well heal this time they just didn't say anything. We got to the fight where you fight the 4 imp counterparts and the sage starts the fight by running down the ramp, before we can even get any CC off. After they run down they run back up to the top we end up wiping pretty fast. We all rez up and get back to the area, this time we tell everybody to stop and wait bc we need to CC 2 of the ppl, we tell the sage whirlwind the guy marked with the gun symbol, and the shadow is going to cc the other. The shadow throws down their cc and the sage just stands there. We keep asking for them to CC, they still aren't talking and I'm starting to think ok so maybe they don't know what CC means so I ask them to use their whirlwind skill on the target that has the gun symbol floating above them. What do they do? They CC the target that's already cc'd which starts combat. We get 2 of the targets down this time but end up wiping bc they still won't heal anybody. We vote kick and luckily we got another healer with in 2 min. Now the reason I say that the tank was kind of goofy is bc well they had a habit of standing in the middle of AOE attacks and telling ppl to do things that didn't really make sense, the shadow would routinely put down their mez and the tank would run up hit the mez'd target, I'm guessing they didn't have the best gear bc they where constantly getting killed even when the healer was healing only them, but at the fight with the 4 imp counterparts after they died the last guy we had to kill was the bh who if I'm remembering correctly had a AOE attack well when he would use his AOE I would move out of the area, he kept telling me stay in one place so that the healer could heal me. We ended up finishing the FP without much more going on.

Sorry for being rather long winded.

Darth_Dreselus
05.27.2013 , 07:23 AM | #215
Was just in a PuG Athiss HM, with 3 competent players, with all the right skills for shortcuts killing exactly 85 mobs for the bonus and the only death was me because Living Fire and Drain Essence have teamed up on me at the wrong time. Was rezzed, grabbed boss and killed him. Almost did not believe how well it went.

Felt like a good story for a change =D.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

SW_display_name
05.27.2013 , 01:51 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Was just in a PuG Athiss HM, with 3 competent players, with all the right skills for shortcuts killing exactly 85 mobs for the bonus and the only death was me because Living Fire and Drain Essence have teamed up on me at the wrong time. Was rezzed, grabbed boss and killed him. Almost did not believe how well it went.

Felt like a good story for a change =D.
So, you considered your Group Finder allies "weird" because they all did everything correctly and didn't increase your blood pressure?

Nkya
05.27.2013 , 06:00 PM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by JEEJohnson View Post
The tank proceeds to run ahead before me and the Sniper can load in and starts the first fight before we can use the lift, luckily the healer made it in and kept him alive. So I asked him politely to slow down so we can catch up and I can stealth before combat. He says fine. A few pulls later he says "I'm sure there is a good reason you are pulling mobs, but stop." I reply saying that it doesn't really matter with all the trash mobs since me and my guild mates are a little over-leveled. Our healer also says that dps can pull aggro and part of tanking is holding aggro as well as grabbing it at the start. The tank then leaves and sends our Healer a message saying that we should all learn how to play and that "our guild isn't ready for FP's"
Nothing weird for a tank to leave because the DPS keep pulling. You might be confident in your equipment or your skill, but he doesn't. Also it's annoying to take the aggro back all time. the game might have have not been fun for him, which justified his gesture.

inc_CichYBoB
05.28.2013 , 12:42 AM | #218
i saw couple of times people who when f.e. arkanian boots drops they strangly have 61s mods in them end rest of gear mix of 69/72.
or story from yesterday,not gf but pug toboro. fury drooped mainhand we roled ,some guy won,got loot ,but when i inspected him he had no mods in his mainhand,
People in this game go to strange lengths to got loot, forgetin they didn't solo killed boss,but that was team effort .

Nythain
05.28.2013 , 12:55 AM | #219
I think my most interesting interaction was the opposite of a fairly common occurrence. I rock unusual for my role "orange" outfits on all my toons. Sages dressed like Knights, Troopers dressed like Sages, etc... Ran Esseles through groupfinder not too long ago, and this bloke continuously insisted I was in the wrong gear for my class. Even started a vote to kick me for it. I tried getting him to inspect me, and tried explaining that it was all modded with proper stats but he had none of that... he ended up getting kicked for being a moron.

KaosBlader
05.28.2013 , 02:16 AM | #220
Ran a PUG on my lowbie Jugg tank today. I was matched with a decent Mara DPS that i've pugged with before. He knows his stuff. We had a Merc healer wearing a strength head chest and belt. We tried to explain to him that Aim was his primary stat. His reply was that strength obviously makes him stronger. We tried to explain, but to no avail.

So we dropped it and continued on. First loot drop was a +aim chestpiece, the other DPS was a merc so both myself and the Mara DPS passed. The Merc DPS passed aswell, and said it was an upgrade but the healer needed it more. The healer was last to choose. Pass. Wait? What?

The healer passed on the chestpiece and I ended up with it. We tried explaining again that Aim was his primary stat and would increase his healing abilities. When he replied with..

"It's not good for me, it has too many stat drops"

By stat drops, he meant he lost some endurance and lost all his strength. He started to get a bit defensive so we just dropped it and didn't mention it again.

After a while we got to the console where you get a Light/Dark side option. Myself and the Mara DPS both chose light side option. After the conversation, the healer Merc said...

"Light side on a Sit character... Really?"

To which the Marauder DPS replied with...

"Strength gear on a Merc healer... Really?"

Both myself and the DPS Merc Lol'd in chat, the merc healer raged, called us immature C-bombs and dropped group.

We continued on with my healer companion. Win. Still not sure what made him rage so much, was humorous though.