Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

slafko
02.24.2014 , 01:31 AM | #2141
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Why exactly you need taunt in rotation if there is no agro drop/tank swap mechanic on current boss?
You run fully 78 min maxed with set bonuses and tank is in 58/66s?
Because only big gear gap could make taunt needed ... otherwise after openers it has no place in rotation if there is no drop/swap at boss.
It doesn't take that big of gear gap for a dps to pull aggro. People in flashpoints are usually on the same gear level and dps pulling off the tank is often caused by the tank being bad at their job. As for me using taunts in my flashpoint runs, that's just an additional practice for ops rotations. Sue me.
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Pushing others over their wishes is same jerkiness as taunting from tank.
If you want challenge just form pre made and run under geared/try to solo them & so on... do not force your elitism over others.
Stop trying to make my elitism happen, it's not going to happen.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

slafko
02.24.2014 , 01:37 AM | #2142
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
You don't waste your taunt at any possible moment. You save it to the moment when dps pulls the aggro off you or when you have to swap targets with second tank.
Wrong.

You use your single taunt in your initial opener to make sure no dps has even the slightest chance of pulling off you. After that, when it's off cooldown, you either wait for the fight mechanics that force you to use taunt kick in, or - if there aren't any such mechanics - use it in your regular rotation.

Super simple stuff.

slafko
02.24.2014 , 01:40 AM | #2143
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
You don't need to kill all the small robots. I've had the boss enrage once because the DPS had a fixation on them and didn't do enough damage on the boss itself (I was tanking). The best strategy so far seems to be to kill one or two during the electric phase if they're close to the healer, and maybe give a whack to any that come too near the boss, but otherwise leave them alone.
I've had enrage last week too. Damned tank kept aggroing the little droids and the derps were all too happy to join inon the fun. My pleas to ignore the adds and explanations how they ignore you if you ignore them were, well, ignored. TRE imps ftl.

WillemRaymond
02.24.2014 , 02:44 AM | #2144
You guys are ruining this whole thread for me with the Tank talk...

Give me more Fp talk

MishaYuya
02.24.2014 , 05:33 AM | #2145
Oh I just hate the ones that run right into battle without waiting for the tank, standard really. I think we've all done that when we first started.

Vigilanis
02.24.2014 , 09:28 AM | #2146
Had an interesting run on Scum and Villainy a few weeks back...

Guardian Level 55 mainly 168 / 180 geared decided after a very smooth run it must be said, that the 16 man group was so over-powered that the last boss - Dread Master Styrak, would be so pathetic that he would make an example of his 'uberness' as he put it by doing the last boss naked....yes naked and using only the basic brawling 'punch'....so nothing in any slot at all.....

We all pointed out the error of his ways in various levels of incredulity complete with a generous dose of colourful language but he did not abate....

Suffice to say he died....fast.....but it was amusing to see this naked guy trying to punch the crap out of the Kell Dragon.

What made it worse is that he then proceeded to blow his top at the healers calling them 'noobs who should be DPS'ers as they are crap at healing'

He was so enraged that he left...still naked...and we had to recruit a replacement.....and we finished the 16 man S&V nicely.

There are some really bi-polar people out there is all I can say!
The Legend of Vigi

Vigilanis Level 60 Shadow - Vengalis Level 60 Sage -O'Phelia Level 60 Seer
Nepheru Level 60 Sentinel - Phallanx Level 60 Vanguard - Ric'in Level 60 Gunslinger

KyleSChen
02.24.2014 , 09:42 AM | #2147
This was a while ago, but...

Megahurtz the healer. It's just ironic.
Referral link for new or returning players.

Halinalle
02.24.2014 , 04:26 PM | #2148
Weird stuff from last few days:
Major Benes, probably the easiest boss in the game and still people fail at beating him without dying. How do you even do that?

Marauders who break CCs just to CC target again.

Marauders (again...) who run ahead and don't care about HP/resource levels of others or their own.

midianlord
02.24.2014 , 08:13 PM | #2149
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Weird stuff from last few days:
Major Benes, probably the easiest boss in the game and still people fail at beating him without dying. How do you even do that?

Marauders who break CCs just to CC target again.

Marauders (again...) who run ahead and don't care about HP/resource levels of others or their own.
It's a class designed so simple, credulous little Call of Doodie kids can easily feel good about themselves without actually having to earn it, and thus be more inclined to buy more useless crap from the cash-shop.

Gotta keep the bads happy, they keep the servers running.

Why are you surprised?
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
Merc and 'Slinger 4 life

All you'll ever need to know about PvP in this game: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=730402

Spoiler

Xakthul
02.24.2014 , 08:16 PM | #2150
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
It's a class designed so simple, credulous little Call of Doodie kids can easily feel good about themselves without actually having to earn it, and thus be more inclined to buy more useless crap from the cash-shop.

Gotta keep the bads happy, they keep the servers running.

Why are you surprised?
Don't hate too much on marauders.... they do the second highest DPS of the eight ACs (Gunsnipe does more, I think)

You have lots of fail marauders, but when a truly good one shows up he/she is a force to be reckoned with.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf