Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

zzoorrzz
05.23.2013 , 10:33 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
I had a Sorcerer in my Colicoid War Game group the other day who seemed to be very new to the game she was very disoriented by the cannon section and we needed to keep covering her to prevent her dying (she kept accidentally dismounting). Did awesome Lightning DPS, though.

Anyway, when we got to the last section she was incredibly excited that she could use Slicing to open the cage door and get a pet Akk Dog. She then went on and on in chat about how much she loved her new "puppy" and announced in party chat that she had given it a name. This continued through the Arena Beasts and up to Annihilator 6K-A2, at which point she asked if the Akk Dog was permanent and would stay with her after the FP.

I gently explained the akk dog would get itself incinerated within a few seconds once the boss started putting down ground fire, and she was traumatized. She told me to switch to DPS (I was healing) so she could heal and the dog wouldn't charge in and get killed. We gently explained that guardian pets will run in the second she takes random damage from the boss.

So she begged me to keep her Akk Dog healed through the fire. I said I would try. Even though it cost our Operative DPS his life because I was distracted spamming Kolto Injection on an akk dog, alas, I could not keep the dog alive through the fire it was sitting in.

Upon seeing her pet akk dog die, the Sorc /yelled "Noooooooooooo" and expressed grieving emoticons in party chat. As soon as the boss died, she ran up and performed /cry emotes over her akk dog before /kneeling and asking to be left alone.
Thats awesome. I have to do that when Im in that fp with my next char. Without the healing part of course.

Nailkita
05.23.2013 , 11:49 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Then you haven't ever looked there.

Noxxic has always recommended for tanks to use their threat reducing abilities and still does it

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith...-and-cooldowns

Go to any PvE guide for any tank spec in noxxic and you will find this text: "Survivability cooldowns are used to keep you alive, reduce aggro, and provide relief to healers."

And it is not just them using the same introductory text for tanks and dps, (which would be stupid too) but all of the tank "guides" there actually list threat reduction abilities like Enraged Defense in their list of abilities tanks should use.

(sure I can think of some rare situations where an off-tank might use threat drop in an operation where you have 2 tanks, but these are rare and exceptional situations, and the person using it is not tanking anything at the moment, but since Noxxic does not explain or specify in any way how and when to use these abilities, the default assumption is that they suggest them to be used as often as possible, even when you are tanking)

Saddest part is, I'm not even sure if this is the worst and stupidest bad advice given by Noxxic, since there are so many.

So that's why... I had a tank at hammer station dropping aggro during that beam thing because I wait out a few stacks before cleansing (with the CD kinda useless to cleanse immediately, I'll make sure my hots are up then cleanse) so that he got 3-5 stacks and then dps got 5-6 stacks, which made me eventually fall behind healing, we still did it since I gave up on the tank and just healed my dps through it since they didn't freak out when they got a couple stacks of the beam for me to cleanse.

Before then I had never seen a tank use their drop aggro ability unless I complained on mumble that I was getting bored, and that was just to make things interesting. Or as friendly trolling to guildmates.

Darth_Dreselus
05.23.2013 , 06:30 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by ArdoNorrin View Post
This is a catch-all, but there are a number of people who seem to want to ERP with my Sorc healer, and want to spend the better part of the FP propositioning me in whispers.
I had people whisper me to marry them on my healers (male and female). Weird.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

AlrikFassbauer
05.24.2013 , 08:09 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Michirure View Post
We had a sentinel in a 50+ group who refused to use his second lightsaber. First he had both, but after a couple of mobs only one equiped. The tank noticed first and asked very politely where his second weapon was.

"I LIKE IT SO" the sentinel said (yes in capslock). Tank said, "well, but with both you'll do more damage!"
Sentinel capslocked: "I DON'T CARE". We didn't kick him and let him have his way, but this was so weird.
Could have been me. Only that my Sentinel is level 23 right now.

I just hate the animation of fighting with two lightsabres. When I'm not in a group, I exclusively use one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xeperi View Post
Almost every group finder romp I do seems to include quite a few weird people including myself. I really prefer 2 manning flashpoints with comps and a good friend. That way we can take in the sights, scavenge, dance with our comps and each other and just have fun while succeeding at the FP and not be rushed or hassled by anyone. Note I am new, so these are like lvl 30's fp's.
This is how I prefer it myself as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
I still don't know why he was not reading the chat or if he was reading why not responding.
Could it perhaps be that he or she simply didn't understand your language ?

Upon seeing her pet akk dog die, the Sorc /yelled "Noooooooooooo" and expressed grieving emoticons in party chat. As soon as the boss died, she ran up and performed /cry emotes over her akk dog before /kneeling and asking to be left alone.
Very good role-playing.

If it was meant to be role-playing, that is.

But still impressive - only few people use emotes that way.

YoshiRaphElan
05.24.2013 , 01:55 PM | #205
Tell her to get the Gannifari/Haggnofarl pet. Those are akk dogs.

NathanNoodle
05.24.2013 , 02:08 PM | #206
Two stories:

Number one was when I played Esseles on my Guardian (alt). We got a drop from ironfist that was heavy armor with stats for a guardian. The tank in my group was a trooper, and he decided that, since it was heavy armor, it must be for him. He needed, and won the roll. I yelled at him and asked him what he was planning on doing with them. He said "Wearing them, duh" and proceeded to walk around with Knight boots on like the idiot he is. I left.

Number two was when I played Mandalorian Raiders in a group with me (scoundrel), two gs dps, and a trooper tank. Anyways, this one gunslinger kept running head first into EVERY SINGLE BATTLE. We would sneak past the two turrets right before the boarding party and there she goes, nosediving right in between them FROM THE ROOM AFTER THE TURRETS. We were about to get on the elevator up to the bridge, and there she goes, attacking everything in the whole room. and I mean everything. This ***** was crazy. My dad made me go to bed before we finished so I didn't have to go through the rest of the fp with her, but {I can't type what I want to because it will censor it]

Nailkita
05.24.2013 , 02:46 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanNoodle View Post
Number one was when I played Esseles on my Guardian (alt). We got a drop from ironfist that was heavy armor with stats for a guardian. The tank in my group was a trooper, and he decided that, since it was heavy armor, it must be for him. He needed, and won the roll. I yelled at him and asked him what he was planning on doing with them. He said "Wearing them, duh" and proceeded to walk around with Knight boots on like the idiot he is. I left.
The yelling at him would be the problem, you could have mentioned that the stats aren't built for him, and that its an upgrade for him. Especially when you're in the first fp, some people don't know yet. I've had plenty of people apologize and hand over gear to the person that can use the stats. Personally when it comes to the lower level stuff I'm indifferent when a "ninja" happens, I appreciate people asking if they could roll for their companions if no one else needs it. But when in doubt until you're lvl 50-55 and need the gear to be viable for ops don't stress so much about it.

Attacking first will just make people get defensive, and/or they'll keep the gear out of spite.

--

On to weird stories:
I had an Athiss 55HM run that was going okay, I was on my my sorc, so I figured that that's why I was having a little trouble keeping the tank up, so I just burned through my force a bit more and the first boss went allright, the trash after that got a little tough but I prepared for it and threw out a lot of big heals to compensate. Well the second boss didn't go as well, we wiped a few times and they were all yelling at me for my bad heals, but as the tank left I realized he had about as much health as my barely tionese sorc... next tank came in was unsure of my gear but the rest of the instance was smooth. I'm glad that second tank came in and that I eventually saw the health of the first tank, it was really starting to hurt my confidence (though notice how I was blamed before the tank for the wipes). From now on it does make me look at tanks health before I start

Lonewolf__
05.24.2013 , 02:54 PM | #208
Being my 1st MMO ever; I am probably the offending party of some of these horror stories. From what I have read, SWTOR has somewhat a steep learning curve for total newbies as myself, and being conscious of the fact that, I sought out many guides and recently scouring the forums.
This cleared up several gearing issues and tactics in general. Being a tank as my first toon didnt help much either. Not realizing how much a tank should control the battle field, as opposed to just react to it.
Been bashed and yelled at so often in GF; I skipped most of the FPs and did story and side quest only for a couple toons. Fearing to offend too many others- realizing that people value their time/money. This actually helped me to learn my role(s); so now with my alts, I am much more effective.
Now have 3+ 50 Characters; feeding mods and gear to my alts. . I solo most low level FPs (at +4-5ish level req.) with my companion of choice; both of us fully geared in artifact mods and custom gear just to see if it can be done.
The best help though, comes in those patient enough to walk group through FPs, and use the marking signs. (Took me months before I found those buttons!!). And explain what to do with each sign. A quick tactic brief can go a long way if someone is willing to learn.
Wanted to thank all those who have helped me grow and learn; and feel confident in most low level FPs to help and pass the knowledge to others. Have not done any of the 50+ FP HMs yet, and am gearing up (and reading up) to tackle these.
Last stop is to actually do some Ops, then I feel the whole progression will be complete. Perhaps learning to heal seems stressful and another position that gets grief; maybe why so many DPS exist? Possibly join a guild that would have me; new to that concept as well.
I make it a point to help those truly wanting to learn; and find it rewarding. Been a sub now for 6 months (was only a FTP for couple weeks); enjoying the experience and looking forward to more difficult challenges. Thanks, and hopefully will PUG with you all some time.
(Wow, sorry for the wall of text - don't post much either)

zzoorrzz
05.24.2013 , 03:05 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Nailkita View Post
The yelling at him would be the problem, you could have mentioned that the stats aren't built for him, and that its an upgrade for him. Especially when you're in the first fp, some people don't know yet. I've had plenty of people apologize and hand over gear to the person that can use the stats. Personally when it comes to the lower level stuff I'm indifferent when a "ninja" happens, I appreciate people asking if they could roll for their companions if no one else needs it. But when in doubt until you're lvl 50-55 and need the gear to be viable for ops don't stress so much about it.

Attacking first will just make people get defensive, and/or they'll keep the gear out of spite.
You're right. I certainly didnt know which stats I should aim for at lvl 10 of my first character and I dont consider myself dumb. I even used need on everything by that time since I thought it means basically what greed really means.

Genocidalx
05.24.2013 , 03:39 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by maybedizzy View Post
two weeks ago I was playing my 20something sorc healer in a FP.
we killed something and it dropped a customizable chest piece (looks like the ones agents wear on the creation screen). Our Jugg tank "needs" on it (didn't matter, no one in the group used cunning), equips it as is, and continues on to the main boss.

by some miracle, i kept him and the group alive. i rechecked him before we broke, and it was still all cunning and no strength
This is funnier to me than it should be.