Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Sorei
02.16.2014 , 10:33 AM | #2051
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
How do you do that ?
You can check other players' achievements the same way as inspecting their gear. Right klick on their icon, then choose additional commands and then inspect achievements.

Kymerous
02.16.2014 , 11:27 AM | #2052
Just ran a run with a PT tank on JC server...just under 40k hp. Tank never once lost aggro and rarely dropped below 75% hp, yet at the end, apologized for the "sloppy tanking" which I just found weird as this was one of the better tanks I have seen in recent memory lol

midianlord
02.16.2014 , 01:23 PM | #2053
Quote: Originally Posted by Kymerous View Post
Just ran a run with a PT tank on JC server...just under 40k hp. Tank never once lost aggro and rarely dropped below 75% hp, yet at the end, apologized for the "sloppy tanking" which I just found weird as this was one of the better tanks I have seen in recent memory lol
I just started levelling a Gunslinger on JediCov, 'cuz I got sick of grinding end-game [DAILY]s on my level caps over and over and over again (on four other servers, lol).

Just having some good old lowbie pew-pew fun ATM, on Nar Shadaa, no Legacy buffs, no advanced crafting or money to feed him-- but I've dome a few FPs with him for the [DAILY]...and I must say:

I think --I hope, I pray-- that there seems to be a better quality of player on JC? Aside from the ninja'ing Shadow during Esseles, but that's what /ignore is for.
r/DPS 4 life

Kymerous
02.16.2014 , 03:00 PM | #2054
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
I just started levelling a Gunslinger on JediCov, 'cuz I got sick of grinding end-game [DAILY]s on my level caps over and over and over again (on four other servers, lol).

Just having some good old lowbie pew-pew fun ATM, on Nar Shadaa, no Legacy buffs, no advanced crafting or money to feed him-- but I've dome a few FPs with him for the [DAILY]...and I must say:

I think --I hope, I pray-- that there seems to be a better quality of player on JC? Aside from the ninja'ing Shadow during Esseles, but that's what /ignore is for.
For every 1 GOOD players we have on JC, I believe we have 10 that cannot tie their shoes without help....but that's my opinion lol

The_jackhack
02.16.2014 , 06:27 PM | #2055
Quote: Originally Posted by wyrmer View Post
I've enjoyed reading this thread for a while now, but this is the first time I've posted here.

I was doing Hammer Station on my lvl 21 PT tank on the Progenitor server just now.

Group was me, lvl 21 Assassin dps, lvl 18 Mara and some random healer. The rest of the group zoned pretty quickly, but the healer for some reason didn't enter the flashpoint. We tried communicating, but didn't get any reply. Yeah whatever, I summoned Mako and we started clearing the trash.

My job was not made any easier by the mara who decided he should force leap everything in sight, leaving me trying to get aggro back once the fight had already started. Remember, no aoe taunt yet.

We finally get to the first boss and healer still haven't entered the fp. We vote-kick the healer and continue with Mako healing. Both me and the assassin are quite overlevelled so it's still easy. We queue up for a replacement healer, but didn't get any pops.

The mara continues to do everything he can to get killed. I manage to keep him alive, but at the same time I'm starting to get tired of his behavior. The assassin complains that the mara should stop needing on everything. I hadn't noticed since my gear was better than what dropped, so I selected greed on everything and didn't even look what the other were choosing. After a few more needs we get tired and tell the mara that he needs to stop needing and that he should let the tank draw aggro.

Needless to say, the mara runs ahead of the group and engages the enemy way ahead of the rest of us. We casually stay back and let him die. We then clear that group and what do you know, the mara selects need on the cunning gear that drops. I sigh and initiate a vote-kick, and the mara is gone as well.

Me and the assassin both wonder in group chat wth is wrong with some people. We then proceed to clear the whole fp efficiently with only 2 people and our companions. I don't think my health dropped below 85% a single time even during the boss fights. The healer I have no idea what happened to, but the mara ended up on two ignore lists.
Hey I'm that sin dps that was with you on that run !!

It's the first time i had to kick 2 members in a GF run, i'm used to have to deal with dps that pull before the tank as i've leveled 3 tanks through fps but this mara didnt even listen to the two warnings we gave to him, most of these wannabe tanks at least listen after u warn them to stop....
I still don't understand what was that healer doing lol

sharveendp
02.16.2014 , 09:45 PM | #2056
Was lowbie tanking on Hammer Station with my powertech, with a mara, an assassin and a merc healer. From the start the assassin starts pulling before me, I wasn't too alarmed because he was about level 20 (or 21 can't remember) and the rest of us at 17-18. During the 2 gold droids I noticed his health dropping fast but the merc healer kept us up well enough. The healer said he had to take a call so while we waited I noticed the assassin had dark charge up. I ask him if he's a tank or DPS and he said he's DPS and is speccing in madness. I told him he shouldn't have dark charge up and he swtiched to that lightningy charge (can't remember what its called). I had a better tme holding aggro after that even though he tends to pull ahead of me. At the section up the stairs he DC'd and we wiped. Waited for him to reconnect. Comes back and just leaves. Didn't have to wait long for a new mara to arrive and we make it without any issues. Best part is I recruited all 3 of them to our guild after that.

Halinalle
02.16.2014 , 11:52 PM | #2057
For every 1 GOOD players we have on JC, I believe we have 10 that cannot tie their shoes without help....but that's my opinion lol
Same for Progenitor too. A lot of groups I have been in have tank that doesn't know what tanking stance is. But every now and then you end up in group that has healer who knows what he/she is doing and tank that keeps aggro constantly (no way you can steal it from him/her and if/when you do it you get Guard).

Atyaman
02.17.2014 , 02:50 AM | #2058
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Same for Progenitor too. A lot of groups I have been in have tank that doesn't know what tanking stance is. But every now and then you end up in group that has healer who knows what he/she is doing and tank that keeps aggro constantly (no way you can steal it from him/her and if/when you do it you get Guard).
It’s not that tragic on the Progenitor. At least in the level 55 HM FPs. I haven’t been in an FP that was a fail, or even close to a wipefest for ages. But there is an undeniable decline in quality (and unfortunately the numbers) due to the fact that pugging 16m SM operations is a faster way to earn those pesky ultimate comms. And because the better players don’t need the ultimate comms either. I on the other hand am queuing despite that fact that my weekly is done, and I’m at comm cap. An FP can be a good relax before HM and NiM opses.

And since nowadays I’m only queuing with my healer characters, it doesn’t really bugger me, when we get a tank or a dps who doesn’t know what to do. If they listen to instructions great, if not, who cares? We are so over geared at this point, that it doesn’t matter. There is not one single encounter in the HM FPs where you cannot heal through the mechanics.

To stay true to the topic name (and demonstrate the truth of the statement above), here a little story from the Progenitor last night:

I queued on my Commando healer alt for HM Czerka Labs. During the first pull one of the dps used knockback on the mobs, that were gathered by the tank. Stupid move I give you that, but our tank stopped right there (in the middle of the fight), to type in a very condescending tone, ordering the dps to stop that. Mental note to myself: this tank will probably snap at the next mistake the dps will make. And I don’t like his tone.

We were doing quite alright until we gathered the second security code, at this point the tank and I jumped down to the water to skip a few groups of mobs. Maybe one of the dps haven’t seen that, cause right when I wanted to pick up the last code, we were in combat. No biggies, while the mobs came for their slaughter, our tank had the time to write some “nice” words in the chat. Then we had a mutual name calling followed by a vote kick initiated by the tank against the dps. That escalated very quickly I thought to myself

Due to our tank being that abhorrent right from the start, I voted not to kick the dps – knowing full well, that this means that the tank has no other choice, than leave the group, if he wants to keep is integrity. After the vote kick failed, he wrote something along the line: if we want to play together with a dps that has an attitude like this, then we have to find another tank (look who’s talking). And he left.

I shrugged it off quickly and summoned my commando’s best pal Tanno Vik (full dps gear with a shield generator in tanking stance) and unleashed him on the Droid boss. Should I say that we had no problems from this point? The QQing stopped – yeah, Tanno has his remarks, but he’s always aiming those at the npcs, not at other players. The dps never pulled before my comp, they (or at least the second one who was the example of a perfect dps with a good gear) followed the correct kill order and also killed the adds during the Security officer fight.

Yeah during that fight, at the last phase Tanno went down to red circles. Even the dps ate a few of them, but as I told you, it’s easy to heal through these mechanics in our gear so no one was in any real danger.

For the last boss we got a tank from GF, and did that with ease to. Releasing all the adds at the same time. Cause you know, why not?
The Progenitor Gizka The Valcoran Legacy
Vaynesh - Scoundrel | Malcharion - Guardian | Variel - Sentinel | Tarquiel - Shadow | Zestia - Commando
Mersadie - Sorcerer | Skálmöld - Powertech | Saiixek - Operative | Kryshaa - Marauder

MishraArtificer
02.17.2014 , 03:40 AM | #2059
Said Powertech tank wouldn't happen to have been in full TT-17a Hydra armor, would they? One of the Czerka flashpoints?
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Darth_Dreselus
02.17.2014 , 03:57 AM | #2060
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Is it faster when you run and aggro everything before everyone else is ready and then die? If this continues from start to end then it's not going very fast.
Don't be a noob and die on thrash.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP