Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Halinalle
02.13.2014 , 05:57 PM | #2031
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
A newb is a newbie (new) player who does not understand how the game works, so me makes decisions that other players would consider to be stupid.

A noob is a player who generally knows how the game works, but thinks he is above the game's mechanics because of how 1337 he is. Also, generally not very good at the game.
No, they both mean the same thing.

Noob = n00b (leetspeak version of newb)

ELRunninW
02.13.2014 , 06:03 PM | #2032
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post

Actually newbie is not the same as noob

idnewton
02.13.2014 , 06:10 PM | #2033

Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
Actually newbie is not the same as noob
Yeah, it's not the same thing. At least, not anymore. I'm sure when the term 'newb' was first used, the two were interchangeable. As time has gone on, however, that has changed. And if you don't think that kind of thing has changed, then consider that at the time, leetspeak was considered 'cool'. A long time ago indeed, LOL.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

mastirkal
02.13.2014 , 07:18 PM | #2034
Quote: Originally Posted by Dontelar View Post
If he wan't DPSing, why did you not just kick him? And you intentionally got the other DPS killed just because the marauder was being annoying? If I was the other DPS, all three of you would be on my ignore list by now. The marauder for refusing to do his job, and you and the healer for abandoning me to die just because you are annoyed at the other guy.
I'm an ******e, comes with the territory. Though the new fifty didn't seem to mind and thought it was funny, you're not him so I really can't tell why your opinion matters of what you "would of" done. I'd also like to point out the new fifty or the healer could've kicked him or myself if they didn't like it, so honestly, whatever.
Poopvectus

midianlord
02.13.2014 , 08:54 PM | #2035

"Noob" = "n00b," but "newb" =/= "noob/n00b."
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

toha
02.13.2014 , 09:20 PM | #2036
Ladies and gentleman, as fun as it is to watch you take potshots at each other, can we please get back on topic?
This thread is for The weird people you meet in Group Finder. not call people names, and yes I remember that I helped start this whole mess.
And on this: can we drop this? or if not take it somewhere else? PMs maybe? different thread?
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Khevar
02.13.2014 , 09:52 PM | #2037
Not a bad group finder story, just a funny one.

HM Directive 7 popped, and we were making it through. Little bit of trouble here and there but nothing too awkward.

In the middle of the Mentor fight, someone typed in group chat: "The clawwwwwww. The claw is our master. The claw chooses who will go and who will stay."

We all started laughing and wiped.

Prototypemind
02.14.2014 , 12:23 AM | #2038
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Not a bad group finder story, just a funny one.

HM Directive 7 popped, and we were making it through. Little bit of trouble here and there but nothing too awkward.

In the middle of the Mentor fight, someone typed in group chat: "The clawwwwwww. The claw is our master. The claw chooses who will go and who will stay."

We all started laughing and wiped.

That is highly larious.

wyrmer
02.14.2014 , 07:59 AM | #2039
I've enjoyed reading this thread for a while now, but this is the first time I've posted here.

I was doing Hammer Station on my lvl 21 PT tank on the Progenitor server just now.

Group was me, lvl 21 Assassin dps, lvl 18 Mara and some random healer. The rest of the group zoned pretty quickly, but the healer for some reason didn't enter the flashpoint. We tried communicating, but didn't get any reply. Yeah whatever, I summoned Mako and we started clearing the trash.

My job was not made any easier by the mara who decided he should force leap everything in sight, leaving me trying to get aggro back once the fight had already started. Remember, no aoe taunt yet.

We finally get to the first boss and healer still haven't entered the fp. We vote-kick the healer and continue with Mako healing. Both me and the assassin are quite overlevelled so it's still easy. We queue up for a replacement healer, but didn't get any pops.

The mara continues to do everything he can to get killed. I manage to keep him alive, but at the same time I'm starting to get tired of his behavior. The assassin complains that the mara should stop needing on everything. I hadn't noticed since my gear was better than what dropped, so I selected greed on everything and didn't even look what the other were choosing. After a few more needs we get tired and tell the mara that he needs to stop needing and that he should let the tank draw aggro.

Needless to say, the mara runs ahead of the group and engages the enemy way ahead of the rest of us. We casually stay back and let him die. We then clear that group and what do you know, the mara selects need on the cunning gear that drops. I sigh and initiate a vote-kick, and the mara is gone as well.

Me and the assassin both wonder in group chat wth is wrong with some people. We then proceed to clear the whole fp efficiently with only 2 people and our companions. I don't think my health dropped below 85% a single time even during the boss fights. The healer I have no idea what happened to, but the mara ended up on two ignore lists.

BladeBoques
02.14.2014 , 08:09 AM | #2040
I once Qed up a Czerka flashpoint and got 3 guardians to join us. Dream come true
Guardian Main Tank BladeBoques
Guild Leader of Exceptional Legion
Best Raid Leader I can be! Live Stream