Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


grrrly's Avatar


grrrly
02.13.2014 , 01:27 AM | #2021
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormbreakerooo View Post
This individual has been ninja looting. Won't name "names"[/URL]
Referral spam, don't click the link.

DataBeaver's Avatar


DataBeaver
02.13.2014 , 05:12 AM | #2022
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Hammer Station...I queued on my Mando as DPS and Heals...despite having zero points in the heal tree.

We were fine. I healed.
This reminds me of one occasion when I queued on my healer sorceress. Usually she queues as heals only, so I didn't pay attention to the role selections in GF. Turned out it had reset to all available roles, and I found myself in Mandalorian Raiders as DPS. I apologized for my mistake and asked if the others wanted me to leave. They were fine with trying, and we pulled it off without any major trouble.

midianlord's Avatar


midianlord
02.13.2014 , 12:09 PM | #2023
Lately, when doing the CZ-198 [WEEKLY], I've seen a few people going "SKIP!!" or "SPACEBAR!!111oneone" (<---OK, that's exaggerated a bit for comic effect. But only a bit, I assure you.) during...

...

The one and only 20 freaking second long cutscene during the Czerka FPs.

Really?

Really?

Everyone skips, aaaaaaand...then the big wait as your clients and server figure out how to sync-up with where everyone is before ending the scene.

Net result: Zero time saved.

I see this more and more, that big "Waiting on other group-members" message with the long wait after space-barring through a convo, so how much time are you really saving, anymore?

If someone wants to spacebar and says so at the beginning of the instance, then I spacebar, no prob.

Conversely, if I want to spacebar but someone else wants to watch, again, no problem.

But "spacebar-heroes" are becoming for me an increasingly annoying form of MMO-vermin, along with the more usual types of same.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

ELRunninW's Avatar


ELRunninW
02.13.2014 , 12:27 PM | #2024
That is related to individual computer and individual connection, it has nothing to do with skipping. Do not complain, complaining about people who complain is somewhat pointless. Do what you consider to be the right thing.

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
02.13.2014 , 12:30 PM | #2025
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
Well, when people say "Im gonna tank", i suppose they have some ideas (weird ideas, i admit) who's a tank.



We'r talking about marauder, wich means that he KNOWS about AC. Afterall he CLICKED that wonderful button with warning

But you right at some point...
Maybe it's just my twisted opinion... Becouse i have most bad luck with mara's in PUG's. So for me, marauders are suicidal, CC-breaking, smash spamming idiots (Yes, yes. Its a pain in my neck. You read right).
But who knows, maybe there is people who can play marauders like pro. But i haven't seen them yet. If some of them read my post - my deepest apologies.
I happen to be one of them. However, your comprehension of a newbie's understanding of the game is shameful at best. It's okay to not know, but don't judge them out of your own ignorance.

You clearly think you know it all, and for this reason will probably not read what I'm about to say. But in the case that you ever come around and actually want to learn the truth, consider this. The newbie player, from his questing on Korriban, is going to know that yellow triangles are quests. He will also know that quests give him experience and thus should be completed. So when he sees Lord Lokar on the Imperial Fleet after exiting the Korriban/Hutta hangar, what do you think he will do, get the quest or not? Chances are he's going to pick up the quest. Then, because he knows that quests give rewards, he will seek out the quest objective. He speaks to the class trainer, and is given two options, Juggernaut or Marauder.

Now, let me ask you something. If you did not fully understand every advantage and disadvantage of both of these Advanced Classes, would you simply leave the choice unmade and continue until you had learned everything there was to learn? If you have it in you to answer truthfully, the answer would be 'no'. You would choose one, and see how you liked it. Learn things along the way, maybe even make another character of the opposite Advanced Class.

In conclusion, your point that he made the choice to pick an advanced class is completely unrelated to his knowledge of said class. He was smart enough to choose one in the first place. Are you? Because if not, you're guilty of your own accusation of 'stupid'. If so, you're doing the exact same thing as him and, simply put, have no right to judge him based on that. You can try, but you'll likely just end up looking foolish.

PS: Has anyone else noticed that the 'tough guy' elitists in this game aren't actually very good?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
02.13.2014 , 12:45 PM | #2026
Kaon HM some time ago, we cleared the first boss without issue but then the marauder who was matched up in the GF pulls a large group on mobs and I simply reply, "you break it you tank it." I wait it until he dies and gather them all up and finish them off. Healer gets him back up and now he demands that I get myself killed to be fair. I tell him not a chance and he decides to not DPS at all anymore. I tell him whatever and we continue just to piss him off. We get to the berserk boss and seeing as the other DPS with me is a fresh level 50 or so, we end up hitting enrage. Well tough break marauder, I have stealth and so does the healer. We stealth out as the boss kills the two DPS and then resets. I taunt him again by saying,"Still not dead". He starts raging at this point before finally dropping group and being replaced. I had a good time in that FP making a mockery of that marauder.
Poopvectus

Dontelar's Avatar


Dontelar
02.13.2014 , 02:08 PM | #2027
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
Kaon HM some time ago, we cleared the first boss without issue but then the marauder who was matched up in the GF pulls a large group on mobs and I simply reply, "you break it you tank it." I wait it until he dies and gather them all up and finish them off. Healer gets him back up and now he demands that I get myself killed to be fair. I tell him not a chance and he decides to not DPS at all anymore. I tell him whatever and we continue just to piss him off. We get to the berserk boss and seeing as the other DPS with me is a fresh level 50 or so, we end up hitting enrage. Well tough break marauder, I have stealth and so does the healer. We stealth out as the boss kills the two DPS and then resets. I taunt him again by saying,"Still not dead". He starts raging at this point before finally dropping group and being replaced. I had a good time in that FP making a mockery of that marauder.
If he wan't DPSing, why did you not just kick him? And you intentionally got the other DPS killed just because the marauder was being annoying? If I was the other DPS, all three of you would be on my ignore list by now. The marauder for refusing to do his job, and you and the healer for abandoning me to die just because you are annoyed at the other guy.

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
02.13.2014 , 04:09 PM | #2028
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
Elitist? Wait... What?

Ability to READ doesn't make you "elitist", kid.
If you one of those who can't read what description says, well... Congratulations, kid. My post got you really bad.
Want me to give you a nice soft pillow, to cut that pain in your... neck?
Ah, the typical forum user who resorts to insults when proven wrong. I love how people nowadays think that they have 'got' to something when their post is shown to be false. On the contrary, that is the mark of a poor troll. But hey, if you want to think of yourself as a good troll instead, be my guest. Both are a violation of the Rules of Conduct. If you want to spend that much time worrying about what shows up on your e-tombstone, go for it. The mere fact that you can find nothing to comment on except the PS thoroughly validates my point. Good riddance.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

Kingsbount's Avatar


Kingsbount
02.13.2014 , 04:30 PM | #2029
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Ah, the typical forum user who resorts to insults when proven wrong. I love how people nowadays think that they have 'got' to something when their post is shown to be false. On the contrary, that is the mark of a poor troll. But hey, if you want to think of yourself as a good troll instead, be my guest. Both are a violation of the Rules of Conduct. If you want to spend that much time worrying about what shows up on your e-tombstone, go for it. The mere fact that you can find nothing to comment on except the PS thoroughly validates my point. Good riddance.
Ah, typical 'white knight"...
Yeah, dude. I was SO rude, when call marauders that wants to tank, noobs...
Yep. Thats me. Elitist. Jerk. And simply gentelman.
Cheers.

Edited.
Almost forgot about purpose of this thread

Nothing special. Mando Raiders. Just a commando healer, that refuses to believe that shadow-tanks are actually tanks

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
02.13.2014 , 05:15 PM | #2030
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
Ah, typical 'white knight"...
Yeah, dude. I was SO rude, when call marauders that wants to tank, noobs...
Yep. Thats me. Elitist. Jerk. And simply gentelman.
Cheers.
You must be one of those people who doesn't understand the difference between a 'newb' and a 'noob'.

A newb is a newbie (new) player who does not understand how the game works, so me makes decisions that other players would consider to be stupid.

A noob is a player who generally knows how the game works, but thinks he is above the game's mechanics because of how 1337 he is. Also, generally not very good at the game.


I think we have a misunderstanding here. Which are you trying to say that he is?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'