Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


Fidelicatessen's Avatar


Fidelicatessen
02.11.2014 , 07:07 AM | #1991
Begeren Colony FUN!

I'm tanking on my lowbie Sin and I get a pop for Mando Raiders story mode. Group was a Merc Healer, Marauder DPS and (I think?) Sniper DPS.

First section goes smoothly, and we down the first boss with no troubles but I'm told by the healer that I have Guard on the wrong person. The Marauder then pipes up wondering why I threw Guard on her. Now, I am not one to do stupid things just because I'm around ignorant folks, so I offered to either explain why I was leaving Guard on the melee DPS or to keep quiet about it. No way I was moving Guard, though, as the melee DPS was actually killing things in the proper order and needed the threat reduction. The healer becomes more and more adamant until finally I stop pulling and start explaining how threat works (both healer and marauder were convinced that heals draw more threat than damage). Healer finally says, "I don't care! Screw it, just pull," after I'm about halfway done with my explanation.

So I pull, and we proceed on to the Boarding Party. Where we wipe. Now, my tanking the first try was not as good as it could have been and I knew it, so I'm eager for the 2nd try. 2nd try, I nail it--almost nobody pulls agro on any of the four besides me, but healer simply can't keep me standing (this is with me using Dark Ward on cooldown and whatever else I had available). We set up to try a 3rd time but before we start I check healer's gear. Merc healer with level 19 Aim gear and a couple pieces of mid-20s Strength gear. I called him on it, giving him the benefit of the doubt as I know there's a bug that's showing incorrect gear when inspecting people. He assured the group that he had equipped the Strength on purpose, and it's at this point I should have stopped pulling. Instead, however, we tried the boarding party and wiped again, after which the healer quit the FP. We queued for a healer but after 10 minutes, abandoned it.

About 15 minutes after leaving, I had another queue pop for Mando Raiders and sailed through it smoothly and without any deaths whatever. It's not ALL bads on Begeren Colony!

wingzerokia's Avatar


wingzerokia
02.11.2014 , 10:29 AM | #1992
First up, Fidelicatessen let me know when you are on with that character I'd be happy to do some FP's with you on my sniper she's just hit 30...

Now for a story of bads on BC....

After waiting for nearly an hour for a FP pop into Cademimu on my sniper, I zone in, and I see a Powertech, Marauder and Sorc... So I go, okay this shouldn't be too bad... well I should have known better, when the Marauder said "Okay I'm tanking!"

I figured okay, maybe he's got some super gear or something, so I go along with this. On the first set of double gold droids, I CC one, and the marauder brakes it, so I CC it again, he brakes it again.... I also noticed that the Sorc was more interested in casting lightning then trying too heal anyone. So after a wipe on that fight we try it again, and I speak up that I can CC droids, this time the marauder leaves it alone, so we clear that one.

After two more wipes we make it the first boss, and I ask if there is anything I need to know, as this is my first time running this place, no response... so I guess it must be a tank and spank.... yea not so much, three wipes I just leave the group.

I re-que up and get in with a Powertech tank, Merc DPS, Opertive healer and me a sniper, after we all have a laugh that we are all playing opposite advanced classes to each other, we have the smoothest run I have ever had on my sniper.

toha's Avatar


toha
02.11.2014 , 01:35 PM | #1993
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
I check healer's gear. Merc healer with level 19 Aim gear and a couple pieces of mid-20s Strength gear.
He assured the group that he had equipped the Strength on purpose,
Please, Please, please tell me how he explained having Strength as a Merc healer, healing on this class is not for the brain dead and it's actually a LOT of work(my main is a merc healer), so I'm very curious to know how he got the idea of putting Strength on a Merc and a healer at that...

Quote: Originally Posted by wingzerokia View Post
Marauder said "Okay I'm tanking!"
Sounds to me like he was just following the rules of being a Marauder
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Prototypemind's Avatar


Prototypemind
02.11.2014 , 03:02 PM | #1994
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
Begeren Colony FUN!

I'm tanking on my lowbie Sin and I get a pop for Mando Raiders story mode. Group was a Merc Healer, Marauder DPS and (I think?) Sniper DPS.

First section goes smoothly, and we down the first boss with no troubles but I'm told by the healer that I have Guard on the wrong person. The Marauder then pipes up wondering why I threw Guard on her. Now, I am not one to do stupid things just because I'm around ignorant folks, so I offered to either explain why I was leaving Guard on the melee DPS or to keep quiet about it. No way I was moving Guard, though, as the melee DPS was actually killing things in the proper order and needed the threat reduction. The healer becomes more and more adamant until finally I stop pulling and start explaining how threat works (both healer and marauder were convinced that heals draw more threat than damage). Healer finally says, "I don't care! Screw it, just pull," after I'm about halfway done with my explanation.

So I pull, and we proceed on to the Boarding Party. Where we wipe. Now, my tanking the first try was not as good as it could have been and I knew it, so I'm eager for the 2nd try. 2nd try, I nail it--almost nobody pulls agro on any of the four besides me, but healer simply can't keep me standing (this is with me using Dark Ward on cooldown and whatever else I had available). We set up to try a 3rd time but before we start I check healer's gear. Merc healer with level 19 Aim gear and a couple pieces of mid-20s Strength gear. I called him on it, giving him the benefit of the doubt as I know there's a bug that's showing incorrect gear when inspecting people. He assured the group that he had equipped the Strength on purpose, and it's at this point I should have stopped pulling. Instead, however, we tried the boarding party and wiped again, after which the healer quit the FP. We queued for a healer but after 10 minutes, abandoned it.

About 15 minutes after leaving, I had another queue pop for Mando Raiders and sailed through it smoothly and without any deaths whatever. It's not ALL bads on Begeren Colony!
Honestly with everyone at the same level, around Mando Raiders or so the healer still tends to generate more threat than DPS, even if they're killing from strongest to weakest or focusing on the right target. Giving heals the 5% DR is also beneficial at that point as well. My Sorc quite often pulls aggro even when I'm doing nothing but healing.

It will change at higher levels, but the healer isn't crazy asking for guard at that point.

Uber_the_Goober's Avatar


Uber_the_Goober
02.11.2014 , 03:20 PM | #1995
Quote: Originally Posted by toha View Post
Please, Please, please tell me how he explained having Strength as a Merc healer,
That armor is heavy, man...
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
02.11.2014 , 04:09 PM | #1996
Quote: Originally Posted by wingzerokia View Post
Marauder said "Okay I'm tanking!"
Quote: Originally Posted by toha View Post
Sounds to me like he was just following the rules of being a Marauder
It's actually a lot more logical than you might think. Coming from someone who's first MMO was this one, I do indeed clearly remember doing a flashpoint (I think it was Hammer Station) right around launch and the tank had less HP than me. I said hey, if I have more HP, why can't I tank? Of course, two and some years later I could give at least four reasons why, but to the new player who doesn't necessarily have knowledge of the game's specifics it does make a significant amount of sense.

That doesn't make him right (because clearly, Marauders make poor maintanks) but it also doesn't mean he's stupid, just ill-informed.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

Kingsbount's Avatar


Kingsbount
02.11.2014 , 04:47 PM | #1997
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
It's actually a lot more logical than you might think. Coming from someone who's first MMO was this one, I do indeed clearly remember doing a flashpoint (I think it was Hammer Station) right around launch and the tank had less HP than me. I said hey, if I have more HP, why can't I tank? Of course, two and some years later I could give at least four reasons why, but to the new player who doesn't necessarily have knowledge of the game's specifics it does make a significant amount of sense.

That doesn't make him right (because clearly, Marauders make poor maintanks) but it also doesn't mean he's stupid, just ill-informed.
There's no logic, dude.
When you choose AC, there will be a small tip... Marauders are.... DPS! Surprise!!!
And its not one of those things that becomes obvious only on high level...
There was 2 paths
1. Juggenaught (tank, dps).
2. Marauder (dps)

If he can't read, that means only one thing. That he... Well... Stupid -_-'

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
02.11.2014 , 04:54 PM | #1998
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
There's no logic, dude.
When you choose AC, there will be a small tip... Marauders are.... DPS! Surprise!!!
And its not one of those things that becomes obvious only on high level...
There was 2 paths
1. Juggenaught (tank, dps).
2. Marauder (dps)

If he can't read, that means only one thing. That he... Well... Stupid -_-'
You're assuming that a player new to MMOs knows what a tank is. False assumption.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

toha's Avatar


toha
02.11.2014 , 07:19 PM | #1999
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
There's no logic, dude.
When you choose AC, there will be a small tip... Marauders are.... DPS! Surprise!!!
And its not one of those things that becomes obvious only on high level...
There was 2 paths
1. Juggenaught (tank, dps).
2. Marauder (dps)

If he can't read, that means only one thing. That he... Well... Stupid -_-'


Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
You're assuming that a player new to MMOs knows what a tank is. False assumption.
This^ ,many a time I had to explain to a new player what the need to do, and what they shouldn't do.
Also had 2 Times when I showed people what an advanced class is, and where to get it. so yeah stupidity isn't the issue in some cases.
Besides, Kingsbount you want to tell me you haven't seen a max level player being a total idiot? I find that hard to believe given the nature of the thread
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Kingsbount's Avatar


Kingsbount
02.11.2014 , 08:04 PM | #2000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
You're assuming that a player new to MMOs knows what a tank is. False assumption.
Well, when people say "Im gonna tank", i suppose they have some ideas (weird ideas, i admit) who's a tank.

Quote: Originally Posted by toha View Post




This^ ,many a time I had to explain to a new player what the need to do, and what they shouldn't do.
Also had 2 Times when I showed people what an advanced class is, and where to get it. so yeah stupidity isn't the issue in some cases.
Besides, Kingsbount you want to tell me you haven't seen a max level player being a total idiot? I find that hard to believe given the nature of the thread
We'r talking about marauder, wich means that he KNOWS about AC. Afterall he CLICKED that wonderful button with warning

But you right at some point...
Maybe it's just my twisted opinion... Becouse i have most bad luck with mara's in PUG's. So for me, marauders are suicidal, CC-breaking, smash spamming idiots (Yes, yes. Its a pain in my neck. You read right).
But who knows, maybe there is people who can play marauders like pro. But i haven't seen them yet. If some of them read my post - my deepest apologies.