Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Jeweledleah
02.06.2014 , 01:15 PM | #1941
Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
Well heck, I went through Kuat yesterday for the first time and we wiped. So as far as I can tell, it's normal to do so.
it is?

huh..

I mean... I haven't pugged it yet, only soloed once on one of my 55ves (and I didn't wipe, just reset the boss once)
the only thing I can think of is people thinking oh its super easy and pulling multiple groups, that they cannot handle in the end.

Paintcheck
02.06.2014 , 02:14 PM | #1942
Pugged a 16M SV as a DPS yesterday where we had 8 people, all in different guilds and unknown to one another, disconnect in a wave all at once. Was kind of weird, they all reconnected after a few minutes but I've never seen that happen. Bug of some sort, and also not really the point of this story.

There was an Assassin tank with 24% Defense Chance and 19% damage reduction who never used Dark Ward once. Stryak was basically tanked by my guildie's powertech DPS. Even in full DPS gear he was a lot more survivable. This Sin had close to full 72s (obviously tanking ones too since her defense chance was so high), I don't know how she managed to be tanking operations with the fortitude of a wet paper towel, nor why she apparently switched out from tank armoring to DPS ones to get that low of a damage reduction number.

Also did a DP yesterday with a jug tank with a 10% defense chance (with a stim). All his augments were +shield rating ones. That's a trend I've been seeing a lot recently, lots of tanks stacking shield rating augments for no apparent reason. Or maybe they have a reason, but it's apparently a terrible one if they are going into ops with roughly half the defense chance they should be at

YoshiRaphElan
02.06.2014 , 02:34 PM | #1943
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
The first-time quest is bugged, so people don't always get the completion from speaking with the Admiral. If you are lvl 55, you can get around this by manually entering the FP and doing the conversation before running with GF. Otherwise, if you get bugged, you have to exit & drop group (don't abandon the FP) and re-enter and redo the conversation.

It sucks, and people (including me) should probably say something before just dropping, but due to the bug, it's unfortunately going to be common behavior.
That explains it. I noticed I didn't get it either, but I figured I'd just go back and re-do it later. That explains why he left, I guess.

xobobox
02.06.2014 , 03:45 PM | #1944
I was in this flashpoint with my Sorc heals. There's an assassin tank. I was over geared for the run but I was still having trouble keeping the tank's health up. I inspect his gear and find he's running with a focus in is offhand. I'm like "DUDE!!, you can't tank with no damn focus for your offhand. You need a shield generator, You'd be dead 10 time over If my gear wan't so pimp" He's like " Why? I do more damage this way." I had to scold him until he left and bought a generator.
Tic-Tacs
Tick-Tacks

ELRunninW
02.06.2014 , 03:47 PM | #1945
Quote: Originally Posted by Paintcheck View Post
There was an Assassin tank with 24% Defense Chance and 19% damage reduction

Also did a DP yesterday with a jug tank with a 10% defense chance (with a stim).
I may be wrong, but the game does not give you that information, unless you ask the player. For me user character screen always shows my stats when I inspect other players. How did you get these numbers?

Sorei
02.06.2014 , 04:01 PM | #1946
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
I may be wrong, but the game does not give you that information, unless you ask the player. For me user character screen always shows my stats when I inspect other players. How did you get these numbers?
I just tested inspecting someone and it showed me his stats...granted it only showed me Health, Armor Rating, Dmg Reduction and Defense Chance (no Shield Chance and Shield Absorption), but those were clearly his stats and not mine. The rest of the character sheet was also clearly his.

Halinalle
02.06.2014 , 04:02 PM | #1947
Apparently now you get kicked if you roll Need for rep trophies in new FP. Is there unwritten rule for that already?

eartharioch
02.06.2014 , 04:17 PM | #1948
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
To inspect another character, target that character, right-click on the portrait, and you'll either have an Inspect option or can click on "additional commands" to get a submenu with an inspect option (not in game) -- just targeting them and pulling up the character sheet ('C') won't show you their stats.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

eartharioch
02.06.2014 , 04:25 PM | #1949
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Apparently now you get kicked if you roll Need for rep trophies in new FP. Is there unwritten rule for that already?
Not that I'm aware of...I've only seen the issue "discussed" once, and it was somebody else in my party (way before we hit anything that dropped a trophy) saying for everybody to 'Need'. It's what I expect everybody to do (unless they actually are at Legend), but I remember being shocked that somebody would actually be sensible enough to discuss loot rules before looting in a PUG. Also on a positive note, nobody argued about it.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

NoFishing
02.06.2014 , 04:30 PM | #1950
Quote: Originally Posted by Paintcheck View Post
why she apparently switched out from tank armoring to DPS ones to get that low of a damage reduction number.
The armor rating of force wielder (tanking) and resolve (DPS) armorings is the same, only the endurance vs main stat changes. Most likely, they were in the wrong stance, since that is what boosts light-armor wearing sins to reasonable levels of damage reduction.