Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Reallynotaknight
02.03.2014 , 11:47 PM | #1911
55 HM Mandorian Raiders on my dps Powertech with a merc dps, merc healer, and a Jug dps with a couple attempted pieces of tank gear. After he died once I warned him that it might happen a lot with mainly dps gear. I guess he decided to have me share the load on the big pull before the dog boss, he didn't aoe the spawned dogs, and waited till I had already hit a health pack and blew all my cooldowns to taunt. I had about 200 life left, a dog fart would have killed me off.

At the dog boss I tried to give him tactics, but the dog I marked for me and the other dps to burn was his target. He tunneled it, and we wiped. We wiped a second time because he stopped tanking the boss off in a corner, so he could hit the last dog. Gave him some advice and left. No one else typed anything besides me and the tank so I knew a vote kick wouldn't work. I did whisper him to give him some more advice, to run some dailies/easier content and build a tank set.

Oddly enough this is my first bad tank experience at 55. I expect that kind of gear while leveling, because it is sort of a take what you can kind of thing. Hell at this point all the original 55 hard mode stuff is done on auto pilot. Los is the only tool used, and I hardly ever see a cc.

This wasn't the first tank I delt with that wouldn't ask if they didn't know the fights, I guess they are gun shy because of the habit some people have of kicking any ill prepared tank.

Prototypemind
02.04.2014 , 01:17 AM | #1912
Quote: Originally Posted by Reallynotaknight View Post
55 HM Mandorian Raiders on my dps Powertech with a merc dps, merc healer, and a Jug dps with a couple attempted pieces of tank gear. After he died once I warned him that it might happen a lot with mainly dps gear. I guess he decided to have me share the load on the big pull before the dog boss, he didn't aoe the spawned dogs, and waited till I had already hit a health pack and blew all my cooldowns to taunt. I had about 200 life left, a dog fart would have killed me off.

At the dog boss I tried to give him tactics, but the dog I marked for me and the other dps to burn was his target. He tunneled it, and we wiped. We wiped a second time because he stopped tanking the boss off in a corner, so he could hit the last dog. Gave him some advice and left. No one else typed anything besides me and the tank so I knew a vote kick wouldn't work. I did whisper him to give him some more advice, to run some dailies/easier content and build a tank set.

Oddly enough this is my first bad tank experience at 55. I expect that kind of gear while leveling, because it is sort of a take what you can kind of thing. Hell at this point all the original 55 hard mode stuff is done on auto pilot. Los is the only tool used, and I hardly ever see a cc.

This wasn't the first tank I delt with that wouldn't ask if they didn't know the fights, I guess they are gun shy because of the habit some people have of kicking any ill prepared tank.
I usually don't find tanks afraid to ask out of fear of votekick. A tank is generally going to have to be horrid to fear that in FPs, considering the queue times for all other classes.

One thing I've noticed though is that in general people are less willing to stick around and help people through content the further along we get in the game.

Fidelicatessen
02.04.2014 , 01:30 AM | #1913
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadlynits View Post
HS fp. sin tank ,sin dps ,me sniper, merc heals
damn it. wish SWTOR had a mechanism to just give loot to one who needed it who actually needs it for their gear. like cunning gear for a sniper rather than an assassin dps. i mean. i lost 3 loot. vibroknife sniper rifle and chest. wish they have a fix on this via system. he was f2p and kept needing it even after explaining everything >.>

and ofc assassin needs those. so he won all 3 cunning gear which were upgrade for me.
Votekick is your friend. You should have votekicked this guy as soon as you noticed this happening and explained it to him (of course, if he had changed his behaviour, you would have let him stay).

Halinalle
02.04.2014 , 02:06 AM | #1914
This wasn't in group finder but should be good enough(?).

I was fooling around with trash mobs outside of Firestar H4 entrance in Balmorra without Mako while waiting someone to invite me to their group. I get to group with two Marauders and Vette(?). Needless to say we didn't get that far without healer. I suggested that we use Mako instead of Vette and try again. Mako... Nope! Annoying ship droid it is (let me guess, without any gear?). We didn't have any problems vs. first champ. But here comes the weirdest part: one of the Marauders leave the group and we get thrown out of that instance. Other Marauder runs back in and I decided to follow him. I get Mako to help us and switch her to dps mode. What happened next was something I didn't expect: he is leaving too? No communication attempts from them at any point.

What I did wrong here? As a tank I'm supposed to keep all stronger mobs from bashing dps and help with trash as well if I can, right? I did that so what on earth I did wrong?

Funny thing about this was the fact that one of them was looking for tank and healer 30+ minutes later in General chat.

sharveendp
02.04.2014 , 07:05 PM | #1915
This isn't GF but a Heroic 4 on Makeb that someone called out for on general chat. I was a lvl 53 healer operative at the time and got a 55 jugg DPS, an assasin and a merc (I think, can'r remember he didn't last long). Anyway just as we got our group formed the merc said he had to AFK for awhile. No problem we waited for him. Problem is he stood in a very unsafe place. Me and the sin saved him a few times while waiting for the jugg to arrive. Sometime later merc never arrives and DC's. Jugg is overgeared anyway so we tried to 3 man it. Went along well, some wipes along the way as none of us has done this heroic before. We managed to get to the last stage and the sin announces he has to leave. No problem, we all have somewhere to be. He says his apologies then says "I'm just going to rush ahead and die in the mobs then" without first leaving the group. Jugg screams "NO!" but he went ahead anyway and pulled everything. Of course we die. Jugg was furious and soon I saw the sin ranting on general chat. Jugg must have whispered something nice to him. We pull out our companions and finished it without much issue. Last boss was just me healing him all the way. That was an interesting run.

midianlord
02.05.2014 , 02:00 AM | #1916
I'm not a tank by inclination or experience, but I do know one thing:

You need more tanking stats/mitigation than one augment (Redoubt or whatever it's called) and the odd enhancement can give you on what is otherwise pure damager gear --with mixed PvP and PvE mods, even! (<---sarcasm)-- for Czerka Core Meltdown [HARD]. This goes double if you don't know the fights.

Guild runs:

I've had rather mixed results with these, but for this run, all I got to say is...

Can someone tell me how to put a whole guild on /ignore?

Or maybe if/how I can charge their GM back for my 80k-creds of repair-bills?

How on Earth do some of these scrubs even make it to level-cap...And now they're all banding together? Oh, joy! Oh, rapture!

[cynicism]

Well, I guess you know the old saying about the collective brightness of millions of 5-watt bulbs.

[/cynicism]
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Tailsfortales
02.05.2014 , 03:44 AM | #1917
Quote: Originally Posted by Dontelar View Post
I really don't care if someone sliced the elevator. Jumping down and healing is still faster. Even when I have slicing, I don't use it there.
@Uber_the_goober
@Deadlynits Fair enough.

Sorry I would have multiquoted, but I don't know all these fancy forum tricks.
''In e-spess no one can hear you e-scream unless it's done with proper e-hyperbole and e-hysteria."

Uber_the_Goober
02.05.2014 , 08:00 AM | #1918
Quote: Originally Posted by Tailsfortales View Post
@Uber_the_goober
@Deadlynits Fair enough.

As far as I know - you can't. I just hover over the "quote" button and right click -> open in new tab -> copy/paste the text including the quote brackets that point to the original post into one single reply box.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Uber_the_Goober
02.05.2014 , 08:00 AM | #1919
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
As far as I know - you can't. I just hover over the "quote" button and right click -> open in new tab -> copy/paste the text including the quote brackets that point to the original post into one single reply box.
So you can do this:

Quote: Originally Posted by Tailsfortales View Post
@Uber_the_goober
@Deadlynits Fair enough.

For as many posts as you want.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Screaming_Ziva
02.05.2014 , 08:14 AM | #1920
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
She was only aggroing one, and letting the healer and the Shadow get smashed up. So, I had to aggro the other three, and then I got called a troll and an attention whore.
Isn't one of them untauntable (or has no aggro table) and just randomly attacks anyone?