Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Adaliaya
01.23.2014 , 01:24 PM | #1831
I was doing normal mode Cademimu as my Operative Healer. I got matced with Assassin Tank who was on green gear that was propably from Korriban (5 strenght/4 endurance or something like that) cunning helmet and single saber, SorcDPS and Assassin DPS.

Everything went quite well until last boss. Tank immediately managed to die to first fires, and after second fires Sorc dies too. Well me and Assassin continue fight, and after a while group chat gets full of messages like: you stand no match, die so we can kill him together or lets kick healer he (yes he said he and im a girl) left me die. Sorc just told us to die. However, we survived that battle:-

Also I've noticed that most of Maras/Sents are only nuisance, since they cannot play, but when you get talented one... Things can be very easy with him and they are also a lot good when trying to avoid enrage timers:-/

g_mK
01.23.2014 , 06:09 PM | #1832
So this one is actually a good story

Last saturday I decided to pug a 16 man DF SM, most of the dps had 37k hp or more and all 4 healers where more than geared for the instance. I fill the group, and only need tanks; however the only tanks I found none had ever cleared the instance, but they where the only ones available, so in we go.
since both tanks are new I do a quick rundown before each boss. Nefra is facerolled, Draxus was easy since all the dps knew they had interrupts so corruption and slam are properly interrupted. We get to grob'tok I don't like to explain magnet mechanic so we keep him in the middle and just dps him, CZ goes down without any issues. After weekly one healer quits group and another dc's (I never said when pugging the group if it was weekly or full run but I consider respectful to finish the op after just 35mins and no wipes, so new people can advance story). We get new healers, and brontes goes down, a little rocky (2 people died to lightning between fingers and 1 tank died during droid/lightning phase) but we one shot boss nevertheless.
Since the run was quick and dps is good we decide to do DP, some people leave due to LO and we reform the group. 1 dps has LO on the first 3 bosses so we 15man them (though the healers got worried when he began to pvp and his health would start droping in the ops frame). Bestia and Tyrans go down easy, I did worry on Calphyous last phase since I couldn't get the tank to put the boss in the right place. On our way to Draxus we almost wipe due to a tank engaging the drouks before I had time to tell them to keep them appart. Draxus became interesting since I stopped dps'ing and started telling the tanks in ops announcement which one is going inside the challenge and which one has to stay, at one point I had to kite him since the tanks where nowhere to be seen (I think they where playing rock/paper/scissors to see who is going inside the challenge ) and I was the only one out. We get to council, I do the run down for the fight ,but we wipe due to a tank having Raptus face toward the rest of the group (seems to me healers can't heal with everyone getting hit for 20K ). We try again and get them this time.
So after roughly 2 ours I cleared both DF and DP with a PUG and new tanks, with only one wipe on coucil; Overall I would call that one of the most successful pugs I ever had.
Jedi Sentinel Dón-Quíjote de'la-Mancha the Eternal Warrior

ban-canal
01.23.2014 , 11:30 PM | #1833
ill keep it short i was tanking on my jugg and i was put in a group for bording party i was matched with a powertech who was geared and speced to be a tank and even tauntid the healer started throwin a fit about how the pt was tanking, aand 2nd dps only ever did 2 moves(as he was amruader) i only know sent so in sent words he used transcendance and the throw your sbare thing anyways we wiped once most of the toime i ended up dieing cus healer ' only used kolto probe.
we finally finished i asked the powertech if he knew i was tank his answer was "the tank spec got cooler moves"

grrrly
01.24.2014 , 03:21 AM | #1834
Quote: Originally Posted by ban-canal View Post
we finally finished i asked the powertech if he knew i was tank his answer was "the tank spec got cooler moves"
Well, it's true, jet charge is pretty cool and you definitely miss it if you switch to dps spec on a powertech! I think that guy needs to level himself a mara, all the fun of leaping around without the responsibility of tanking.

I've gone into a few lowbie fps lately where there have been 2 players in tank spec. And both of them want to stay in that spec. Absolute nightmare to heal.

slafko
01.24.2014 , 03:59 AM | #1835
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
You evil evil person!

In Czerka Labs I will always move to the right side (when facing droid from the console that summons him) and inform the group that from there it is a shorter run out. 9 out of 10 times noone pays any attention to me. Then 2 or 3 electrified water effects later when they realize I'm taking no damage from the water they'll slowly gravitate to where I'm standing . It's always fun to watch .
Well, I have to entertain myself somehow since the flashpoints are pretty boring at the moment. XD

As for the shorter run out of the pool, I too prefer to go right. Funniest thing was the healer staying on entrance side and completely ignoring the inconspicuous phase walk of a shadow tank.

eartharioch
01.24.2014 , 11:17 AM | #1836
Quote: Originally Posted by grrrly View Post
Well, it's true, jet charge is pretty cool and you definitely miss it if you switch to dps spec on a powertech! I think that guy needs to level himself a mara, all the fun of leaping around without the responsibility of tanking.

I've gone into a few lowbie fps lately where there have been 2 players in tank spec. And both of them want to stay in that spec. Absolute nightmare to heal.
Jet Charge is the main reason my BH chose Shield Tech. I'm liking tanking (and the queue times ), so I think I'll stay. It would be nice if Jet Charge was the AC ability and grapple the Shield Tech specialty, but just speccing for JC and queueing as DPS is probably not the best way to Suggest that change to BW...lol, just tell people doing it, "If you Jump it, you tank it."

Personally, I think it would be cool if BHs could choose whichever (even if as a stance) (Shield Tech should still get both, and no need to necessarily give all additional spec upgrades away).

Also: instead of just failing against certain targets, Grappling immovable targets should cause you to get pulled to them. Not for any tactical reasons, just because it would be funny.

Final observation: why does my BH have to buy the stupid Grapple Gun on Alderaan?
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

Sorei
01.24.2014 , 02:44 PM | #1837
Quote: Originally Posted by grrrly View Post

Personally, I don't think the tank animations are better than the dps ones for Powertech, but that's just my preference. Maybe it's because I've always been tank on my Powertech, and now I want something new, but I really enjoy the dps moves.
Jet Charge is pretty useful however, but this skill alone doesn't sway me to level my other Powertechs as tank (only for Flashpoints and H4s I switch to tank).

However, even if you run around in tankspec as dps (which you can do in lower level FPS, though it's rude), you shouldn't taunt. Taunting as DPS (if there is no need for it) is annoying for the tank and really, really rude. I left a FP once because the DPS Powertech wouldn't stop taunting, even after I asked him to stop.

Deadlynits
01.24.2014 , 03:40 PM | #1838
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorei View Post
Personally, I don't think the tank animations are better than the dps ones for Powertech, but that's just my preference. Maybe it's because I've always been tank on my Powertech, and now I want something new, but I really enjoy the dps moves.
Jet Charge is pretty useful however, but this skill alone doesn't sway me to level my other Powertechs as tank (only for Flashpoints and H4s I switch to tank).

However, even if you run around in tankspec as dps (which you can do in lower level FPS, though it's rude), you shouldn't taunt. Taunting as DPS (if there is no need for it) is annoying for the tank and really, really rude. I left a FP once because the DPS Powertech wouldn't stop taunting, even after I asked him to stop.
not only tank, healer will be annoyed too. i hate it when tanks come in dps role and stay in tqank stance even if they are not taunting they will steal aggro and make it hard for heals and tank as well. and the fight will be long as group will be lacking dps power,

even if they did switch stanec. they will be losing their skill tree bonuses and they wont have enough dps as no skill bonus or gear bonus. so in the end they are just a weight to be dragged along group. which is no fun at all.

if they are fed up of tanking, they should just spec for dps and go as dps. making whole group suffer just because they are tired of tanking or love tank move and want to dps is just plain rude and selfishness.
Asuna-sao Sage 55 Darkblow Scoundrel 55 Deathstrikes Sentinal 55 Kiritosw Mercenary 55 Findme Sniper 55 Pubspy Operative 39 Shadowstab Shadow 39 Yuukii Juggernaut 22 Shadygirl Assasin 55 Lazybum Vanguard 55 Darkrage Juggernaut 55
Pillars Of Ashla Ashes Of Ashla

toha
01.24.2014 , 04:33 PM | #1839
Had a weird one today, not bad just weird.
Cademimu, SM. Sin tank, Sorc dps,Jugg Dps and me as an Op healer.
Run goes well enough, no stupid mistakes, no pulling before the tank.
Just one thing, the Jugg kept ripping aggro from the Sin, now it's no big deal once or twice right?
But every damn pull?? Didn't check gear or whether or not the Jugg was using taunts, but half way up pops the guard on the Jugg(did i mention i clicked it off 4-5 times by then, no?) , so I'm thinking "yay less Jugg healing more looking out for the rest of the team". Yeah.... Nope.. still aggro to the Jugg guard and all.
I'm thinking "meh, healed worst". We get to the last boss, and.. Tank goes down on the first set of rockets, Jugg a few seconds later trying to get out of one runs head first into another *facepalm*.
Sorc face rolls the boss while I heal, boss down, the end.
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Lazycrane
01.25.2014 , 06:22 AM | #1840
With Rakghoul event happening I see more weird people than my typical day. Last night I called out for Heroic 4 in Spike. Myself (healer), 3 DPS. As we were assembling at the entrance of H4 area, this sniper finally arrived with flag on.

I wasn't sure about it, but thought "oh well". This sniper immediately started aggroing mobs. As we did not have a tank, I thought it was OK. I popped two probes on this sniper and got flagged.

As we started the fight with champion, I noticed big spike in damage and realized that we were under attack by several flagged players. The sniper went down as well as me. Other member of the group revived me and she got flagged.

We were once again attacked by the same flagged players and died. Then the sniper snapped and went "THIS IS WHY WE DO NOT DO THIS FLAGGED YOU CO*K SUCKER" "THAT'S IT YOU ARE ALL IGNORED" (yes, all caps :P)

Other group member left the group. I said to this sniper "But you are the one who was flagged in the first place" and he left the group without saying a word.

Some people are just weird :P