Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

melodylane
01.17.2014 , 09:12 AM | #1791
Had a funny run last night on my sith assassin that I have been leveling. SM Athiss it was me dps, jugg tank, op heals, and another jugg dps. We all zone in everybody says hi we get underway and everything is going ok. The only thing I notice is tank is a bit hesitant at pulls and the other dps is a bit impaitent jumping in before tank and starting things.

However its ok we are all keeping up. Then we come to the boss you pull to the cave (first boss) . Tank goes to the cave and stands in there for a while I thought he was typing the tactics or something but apparently not he just stands there like hes waiting for someone else to start the fight. Then after about a couple mins apparently remember s hes the tank and heads off toward the boss.

We stand around at the cave waiting the tank come slowly around the corner dragging the dog with him and then instead of heading into the cave just stops outside and proceeds to go at it. I and the other dps take down the adds then turn on the boss where I am promptly knocked off the edge. I start to run back up and imagine my suprise when I realize the boss is not being taunted at all as he is fllowing me. I come up the hill and the boss is there coming after me.

I was like what the hell is going on why is he all the way over here is the tank not taunting him?! Tank tried to drag the boss back to the cave and gets halfway there before hes knocked off to and agros other guys at bottom he runs back up with adds in tow and I start to realize he doesnt know the fight and cant keep agro. I decide to do a quick inspect of the tank no wonder he cant keep agro dude has level 19 blue gear i dont think he had a belt piece however what pieces he did have had defense but hes got no sheild as a matter of fact no offhand at all and a level 19 blue WILLPOWER earpiece. It was here that I decided to take over tanking as our tank obviouly does not know the fight and is clearly not a real tank.

I throw out a taunt and start to drag the dog back to the cave everbody sees whats happening and switches rolls appropriately. The healer starts concentrating heals on me, the other jugg dps starts taking down adds, and the tank falls into my roll of second dps. With the tank and I in our new rolls we do the fight properly and take down the dog. After the fight I whisper the healer and let her know that our tank is not a tank she whispers back " but you are!" I laughed sooo hard at that as I only play dps and heals toons and have never ever tanked before!

We finished the fp with me tanking, amazingly the original tank did not object to this not once. He seemed to be more comfortable in a dps roll. Everybody did well in the end and the tank wasn't a bad guy except he needed on everything until the healer called him out to his credit he did stop after that. In all the fp wasn't bad and the healer was very good especially with that first boss fight she kept me up even when I was at like 10% health got me and everybody else back up to mostly full. I meant to whisper our tank after and tell him maybe he should just be dps since he seems to do that roll very well but I forgot and missed my chance to dole out some wisdom to our confused tank.

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

eartharioch
01.17.2014 , 09:15 AM | #1792
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
This wasn't a group finder group but thought it was funny (irritating) nonetheless.

Joined a 16m SM Dread Fortress and everything was going fine. We got to the UW drops and I started inspecting the people that were needing on the gear. UW boots and gloves dropped from the first boss. One of the players I saw need on both pieces was in full 72/78 gear except for green level 35ish boots and gloves. Hmm. He lost both rolls so I made a note to look at his gear on the final boss. An UW implant dropped and bracers. I inspected him again and, surprise, his boots and gloves were 78s and now one of his implants and bracers were level 35ish greens.
Best post since Butter-Snacker!

Did you check before the boss was downed? Just curious if the player was actually gimping the team by intentionally using 35G gear during the fight, or if he at least had the decency to wait to swap gear (and attempt to ninja the loot) until afterwards.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

KorvkioscarN
01.17.2014 , 09:57 AM | #1793
My most unpleasant encounter.

I can't remember exactly when this happened. I was doing Lost Island with my Scoundrel Healer. Got into a group with three guildies and I thought "Great, this will be nice" Everything went great until first boss. We killed it and then the leader of the group says "Im gonna need on only smugglergear, just to be an *** " I thought he was only joking but he actually needed on every single item during the FP and I didn't want to cause trouble, still they were very rude and if i didn't heal good enough or tried to get the aggro of me because they didn't care for my toon at all they said "Stop healing yourself, your job is to heal us retard" This isn't the bad part, I couldn't care less actually, but when the FP was done and I told them that they were really bad players and that I hoped that they eventually would pay the price they went crazy. They whispered me constantly and told me they for example they wanted my mother dead and when I ignored them they made new characters just to whisper me. I was to lazy to contact Bioware about this so I stopped playing that character for about three days and then it was great again.

This may have been the most weird and tragic thing that I encountered.

ZentheSecond
01.17.2014 , 12:29 PM | #1794
This wasn't a group finder group but thought it was funny (irritating) nonetheless.

Joined a 16m SM Dread Fortress and everything was going fine. We got to the UW drops and I started inspecting the people that were needing on the gear. UW boots and gloves dropped from the first boss. One of the players I saw need on both pieces was in full 72/78 gear except for green level 35ish boots and gloves. Hmm. He lost both rolls so I made a note to look at his gear on the final boss. An UW implant dropped and bracers. I inspected him again and, surprise, his boots and gloves were 78s and now one of his implants and bracers were level 35ish greens.
Downright devious... Had to make you wonder how many ppl he tricked with this...

paowee
01.17.2014 , 12:38 PM | #1795
Quote: Originally Posted by ZentheSecond View Post
Downright devious... Had to make you wonder how many ppl he tricked with this...
What does he want UW for if he has 78s.... for companions?
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Deadlynits
01.17.2014 , 06:31 PM | #1796
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
What does he want UW for if he has 78s.... for companions?
or alts?
Asuna-sao Sage Darkblow Scoundrel Sneakydoc Op Shadygirl Sin Lazybum Van Darkrage Jugg
Deathstrikes Sent Sneakycoat Scoundrel Kiritosw Merc Findme Sniper Pubspy Op Sneakyqueen Sin Sneakynot Jugg
Vode an Free goodies link Mhi vode

Dalwyn
01.17.2014 , 06:55 PM | #1797
Was in a FP checked the Juggs gear he was running around with Cunning mods, I asked him if he knew he was running around in cunning mods. Next thing he stood still for like 2/3 min and all of a sudden in group chat :

Quote:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU these mods where supose to go into my companions gear... i f'ed up my gear so bad....
I felt sorry for him :>

eartharioch
01.17.2014 , 10:51 PM | #1798
Quote: Originally Posted by ZentheSecond View Post
I'm guessing zero...he may have ninja'd a lot of loot, but i'm guessing that nobody who looked was fooled.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

Prototypemind
01.18.2014 , 12:36 AM | #1799

Phallus of the year goes to...

UseKonDorm
01.18.2014 , 12:45 AM | #1800
Had a 6 hour op from 3 a.m. in the morning to 9 a.m. for Scum and Villainy STORY MODE.

16 men Op turned into 8 men since players who had no clue what they were doing were pressured to leave.

Op leader had to take his time to explain to the whole operation how the fights worked because some of the players that stayed had never done the op before. The only problem was the leader took a 10 minute break in between boss fights to Google up how to do it. Then he takes another 3 minutes to actually type out the explanation. He was an extremely slow typer...

Anyway longest op I've done, and I didn't even get one single loot. #worthit.