Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Never_Hesitate
01.15.2014 , 07:01 AM | #1751
Quote: Originally Posted by oturak View Post
Reminds me the time (was quite long ago, in a pug EV run) a guildmate met a sage healer with the full shadow tank equipment, set bonus and shield generator included.
Sages can't wear shield generators
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
LeoniŽ&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa

MishraArtificer
01.15.2014 , 07:04 AM | #1752
Reminds me the time (was quite long ago, in a pug EV run) a guildmate met a sage healer with the full shadow tank equipment, set bonus and shield generator included.

His answer at first : Sage are fragile, i need survivability.

But my guildmate actually managed to persuade him to switch to proper gear
It is not possible for Sages to equip a shield generator. They don't have the offhand proficiency for it.

Irrelevant, I know, just wanted it to be said.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Ancaglon
01.15.2014 , 07:05 AM | #1753
Quote: Originally Posted by avatarearth View Post
Hammer station is still available at level 22, so the mando and merc CC is usable there, I know because I used it there when leveling my commando.
That reminds me, about a month ago I was tanking The Foundary on my Powertech. We had a Merc healer (level 38ish?), who kept insisting that the Concussion Missile didn't work on humanoids... took me 3 packs to get her to just TRY the damn thing. Made life a lot easier after that, since the DPS were a Sniper and a Marauder, both of whole could disable Droids.

oturak
01.15.2014 , 07:42 AM | #1754
Well, never tried it myself and accepted the story as it Thanks for letting me know.

Never_Hesitate
01.15.2014 , 07:51 AM | #1755
Well, never tried it myself and accepted the story as it Thanks for letting me know.
It's still bad enough even without the shield generator
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
LeoniŽ&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa

AlrikFassbauer
01.15.2014 , 08:08 AM | #1756
I recently hit a new mark at failing at an OP - I joined due to some help request by a friend -

- dying 5 times while going to an Oricon OP
- not being able to use the taxi there because I was still halfway within the planet story, albeit already having a mix of 66-69 stuff with 1 head piece having 78 Mods in it ...
- dying AT LEAST 5 times during that OP
- acting like an Noob who never did ANY OP before
- overall doing wrong things, and contributing very little because of so many deaths
- taking the wrong item (Gunslinger vs. Scrapper), I gave the item to the friend who was playing a Scrapper in that group.

At least I did an PASS over EVERYTHING ELSE within the loot to give them something for my little contribution.

On the way back I died 10 times or so.

I later changed my character's title into "Unlucky", which I will keep this way forever.

Now, go on and laugh over me.

Galsarus
01.15.2014 , 07:37 PM | #1757
Athiss SM FP - few short hours ago. group composition - 22 mara, 23 op healer, 23 PT Tank and me 25 Arsenal Merc. Run goes uneventful until final boss where things go pear shape.

Tank started shouting and cursing at the healer for not cleansing DoTs on him. while both me and healer asked what DoT is he talking about as Tanks do not get any DoTs there. This is how the convo goes -

Tank - "F**KING CLEANZE NOOB HEALER!! I DYING!! CLEANZE!!!
Me - "cleanse what? you don't have any dots on you, nor will you get any dots..."
Tank's - "MERC SHUT THE F**K UP AND KILL! HEALER CLEANZE DOT".
Me - "healer doesn't get cleanse till next lvl so i'll watch for boss's dot and cleanse off whoever gets it".
Tank - MERC YOU NO F**KING HEALER!! YOU KILL NOOB!! HEALER CLEANZE!!
Me - dude - while we're arguing, boss is hammering me - so TANK!! YOU TANK!! I KILL AND CLEANZE!!
TANK - I GET FIRE DEBUFF YOU CLEANSE NOOB HEALER!!
Me - You can't cleanse that (boss on me again...)...get boss off me, you're tank not me.
Tank - NO! NOOB MERC I WATCH YOU DIE LOL!!

At this point, healer had enough and pms me - screw this - you tank the boss, I'll keep ya alive. the mara the whole time was diligently smashing boss and avoiding fire whenever he got the debuff and I in return cleansed the Dots on the group. Tank realised boss is near dead and tries to run out of the room to reset the boss, but just as he reached the threshold, we take down boss. get 2 aim gear drops, despite not needing them, I need roll on both and win (yes I know - I ninja'ed gear) and give them to the healer and tell him "thanks for keeping me alive - give them to Kaliyo with my regards and tell her you get hurt, I'll find her and skin her alive"

velasong
01.15.2014 , 08:08 PM | #1758
Recently had a Mandalorian Raiders run,group was me,a 23 sorc,24 marauder,31 marauder.Should be easy...lol nope.
the 31 marauder decides that he'll start every pull,eventually i decided not to bother trying to regain aggro.Both him and the 24 marauder ignored any normal/strong mobs in favor of the big shiny elites.Get up to the first boss,before the sorc even gets a chance to put static barrier on me,the 31 marauder jumps in.After the boss is down we keep going,get up to the area with 4 turrets,an elevator and a bunch of mobs.I go right,since its just a few normal mobs to kill.Of course the 31 marauder has other plans,he goes left and decides to attack the big shiny elite droid.Safe to say i got sick of that crap and left.
I never understood why people think they can just rush ahead of the tank just because they might be a higher level.
Whats in a name,it doesn't bring fame.So it's a shame,we're all part of society's game.A need to be known,our fame to be grown.A kiss on the cheek,a paycheck every week.

TheSupaCoopa
01.15.2014 , 08:31 PM | #1759
Duran'del Here:

I swear, most people are overgeared for HMs and just want to speedrun it. Its friggin' annoying. I was on my Lethality Op, got a pop for healer, respecced to healer and plopped my healer set on. It's mostly 66 blues, with purple 66 barrels(armstech FTW) and goined in. Met the usual overgeared tanks and DPS. They didn't want to do the bonus, claiming it was a random drop, and I was about to bring up that they could use it to gear up alts or comps, but then remembered that they probably had them overgeared, too. The last group I was with was nice enough to help me do bonus for comms and gear, though.

The last thing the overgeared brats told me after i told them "GL finding a new healer" was "lol healers r eazy to get. tanks are harder lol."

Not everyone has full min-maxed 72s and knows all the boss fights. It's not like a bomb will go off unless you speed through an FP. And if you want to speed run a FP, do it with guildmates.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

eartharioch
01.15.2014 , 09:13 PM | #1760
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
Duran'del Here:
The last thing the overgeared brats told me after i told them "GL finding a new healer" was "lol healers r eazy to get. tanks are harder lol."

Not everyone has full min-maxed 72s and knows all the boss fights. It's not like a bomb will go off unless you speed through an FP. And if you want to speed run a FP, do it with guildmates.
1) They were right (tanks are rarer than healers)
2) You didn't say what FP and when you left, but depending on how overgeared they were, they could just pull out a healer comp (or respec) and finish the FP without needing to requeue.
3) Skipping the Bonus Boss doesn't make it a Speed Run. In my experience, the Bonus Bosses are harder than the regular bosses, so people sometimes want to skip them because they think that the group can't handle it.

Also, this thread is about *weird* people you meet in GF. While the people you met may have been rude, what you described is hardly "weird".
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!