Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

AbsolutGrndZero
01.11.2014 , 06:26 PM | #1731
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Lol, you mean you guys haven't heard of the GF Troll Projekt? Apparently there is a small group of people that have a private contest going on...they use GF and then see if they can get themselves mentioned in this thread. Apparently there is some sort of prize for whomever gets 25 "points" first...see this thread for details: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=633655
Ack!! I've been rickrolled!
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

midianlord
01.12.2014 , 01:55 PM | #1732
I have something of a love/hate relationship with Lost Island [HARD]. I think most people do, and will admit this, if they're honest with themselves.

Just now, that landed squarely in the "hate" side of things, although it must be said, that's not the instance's fault.

Wiped on the droid boss. People kept running into the lightning-ball AoEs, or simply wouldn't move out of them.

This understandably annoyed the Merc-healer to the point that he just said "Please kick me?" Can't blame the poor sod in the least. You can't heal through stupid.

So, second attempt, I asked everyone if they knew the fight, the idea being to try and see just how much of the aforementioned stupid might our next healer have to heal through.

How much stupid?

This much stupid:

The convo (this is verbatim, all spelling errors and text-speak/Net-speak preserved, because you really can't make this stuff up, more's the pity :/):

Me (Sniper/Marksmanship, by the way): OK, do you guys know this fight?
Derp-Jugg-Tank: Tank the boss?
Me: The mechanics I mean (IRL /facepalm)
Special-Tank: Not realy .. my job is to tank xD (<---I wish people would stop using that stupid smiley...whatever it is, it's just grating!)
Me (IRL double-facepalm): Interrupt "Incinerate" as often as possible. He drops AoE lightning-thingies that get bigger, so mDPS needs to be especially careful. Adds from the sides. I don't think the lava from the floor does a lot of damage, but move anyway. When you get an AoE that follows you, move well away from the others.

(No response)

A few seconds later "Your group is no longer in the Group-Finder queue."

Me: Woah, man, we can't three-man this guy without a healer, he's tough.

(No response)

A few seconds later, I see the animations from both these idiots that they're leaving the phase, not so much as a word (I think the other DPS didn't speak English?), and as so often happens in Lost Island [HARD], I'm the last one in the instance, all by my lonesome

Me: Bye, derps.

Special-tank on /ignore, out I go, back to CZ-198 for some quick Easiest [DAILY] Ever(TM), back in queue after re-set/abandon.

E:

I'm sorry, I honestly mean no offense by this, but there's just no graceful way to put it:

I seem to have noticed that the average calibre of player on Bergeren Colony (NA West, PvE/RP) seems...well...rather low compared to the other servers I'm on. (most notably Harbinger and Bastion. I'm also on Pot5, but **** Pot5.) Is it just me, or can anyone else from BergCol corroborate/refute?
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

idnewton
01.12.2014 , 02:25 PM | #1733
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
I seem to have noticed that the average calibre of player on Bergeren Colony (NA West, PvE/RP) seems...well...rather low compared to the other servers I'm on. (most notably Harbinger and Bastion. I'm also on Pot5, but **** Pot5.) Is it just me, or can anyone else from BergCol corroborate/refute?
Nope, but I can refute you as a Harbinger player. Our group finders suck too. You give our server too much credit.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +25,000

midianlord
01.12.2014 , 03:01 PM | #1734
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Nope, but I can refute you as a Harbinger player. Our group finders suck too. You give our server too much credit.
Oh yeah, I've certainly seen my share of players on Harbi who whole-heartedly embrace The Ball-Suck(TM) --Hell, some seem to revel in it-- but there just seems like a higher proportion of them on BergCol (queues there are quite a bit longer generally, too.)

The BergCol bads usually aren't trolls about it, like I've occasionally seen on Harbi and Bastion, though. They're just screamingly incompetent, and don't seem to care.

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

PhaseSpace
01.13.2014 , 12:57 PM | #1735
Can confirm. FPs on Bergeren hurt my face.
Weapons Grade Humanity

Prototypemind
01.13.2014 , 03:14 PM | #1736
I've tanked some bad starter groups, but damn if I hadn't forgotten how bad it can be. Respec my shadow so I can tank because apparently pub side on Shadowlands is ultra-light on low level tanks. Hammer Station.

So, I'm level 15 with advance pieces, but still, I worry when I zone in and the Sent who's 5 levels above me has less health than I do. Whatever though, simply means it will be easy to aggro and she'll deal damage on par with what's needed for the FP.

First set of dual golds, I'm dead. I used my temp CCs, but with the level of dps the mob stayed up for a while and the healer couldn't keep up. No biggie, we'll make it through. Healer makes off-hand comment before the bot about how she'll stay alive so long as she doesn't pull aggro, which of course she never does despite being three levels above me. More on that in a second.

So, we move on and the healer comments in group that if she were the tank she'd let the Sent who keeps Force Leaping in die to teach him a lesson. I usually do this if it's necessary, but I'm holding aggro easily even when I'm not the first one in so I don't worry about it.

We get to the upper area that is DPS city from the Adavose and the triumvirate of bots that come, not to mention the gold star that can get into things. I use Force Lift, all those goodies and things are going well enough, but again the DPS is a little low and everything isn't down before the gold star comes out of stasis from the barrel. Then entereth the second gold star. Dead before it even really began, but even with slightly subpar gear the level 20 is able to stay up with the other Sent and survive.

So I notice once again that the healer was pretty much melting until the Sent pulled off of her and I finally inspect her gear. NO ARMORING in half of her items. NO MODS in half of her items. All gearing is at least four to five levels below her current level of 18. Not only can she not take hits if she does by chance get an enemy on her, but she also can't put out any heals.

The lower level Sent said he had to go and peaced. Right after that I inspected the healers gear, responded to the last of her "if I were" remarks, and left. I will be inspecting any and all groups I tank as I level from now on. Insanity.

midianlord
01.13.2014 , 06:29 PM | #1737
Quote: Originally Posted by PhaseSpace View Post
Can confirm. FPs on Bergeren hurt my face.
They did mine at one time too, until it got to the point that I just didn't have enough hands to give them the number of /facepalms they actually deserve.

That gave my face and arms a respite from potential repetitive-stress injury, but it did nothing for my poor little brain :/

E:

I've created a lil' baby heal-Merc on BC --the intention being to "l2heal" from the ground up, as I've only dabbled with it before.

I hope I'm not opening myself up to too much swimming in boundless oceans of pain. Am I?

(Guys? Guys? If you LoS me constantly to go chain-pull way the Hell over there ------>, then I can't heal you if things go pear-shaped. Especially if I'm all over-heated from spam-healing you for buggering up aggro on this pull, which we still haven't finished killing.)

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

EranofArcadia
01.13.2014 , 07:42 PM | #1738
I only play on BC, and although I am pretty casual, I haven't had too many issues with excess derpiness. Even had someone explain everything my baby healer needed to do on Athiss yesterday. But I have no basis of comparison so who knows.

(I did have a mild case today, where the healer quit Hammer Station within site of the shuttle because the tank kept running after things before everyone was ready, and then eventually we vote kicked the tank.)

velasong
01.13.2014 , 09:00 PM | #1739
Had two back to back Hammer Station runs yesterday,one somewhat bad the other quite good.
First one started out ok,even if dps couldn't figure out what targets to attack first.The pull near the start with 2 elites,a bunch of strongs and norms went sort of ok..even if i had to hold aggro on every strong and elite while the dps ran around like headless chickens attacking whatever,to prevent the healer getting shot to pieces.Got through that,then the sorc decides every pull will start with him hitting force speed,running past me and hitting overload.Annoying but not enough to stop me.Not a single CC was thrown out that run,and to top it off the dps ignored the adds at the final boss,leaving me to pick them up with smash as they ran near me.Atleast we didn't wipe :I
Second run was near perfect except for one slight problem,the sorc needed on a BH item,ran around with a str stat saber and ran out of force insanely fast,even for a low level sorc.However it was still a good run,the merc healer mainly just healed me with rapid shots,didn't really need anything else to keep me up(a healer and a tank in full moddable gear are great) and the sniper ended up handling the adds on the final boss with ease.
Whats in a name,it doesn't bring fame.So it's a shame,we're all part of society's game.A need to be known,our fame to be grown.A kiss on the cheek,a paycheck every week.

grrrly
01.13.2014 , 11:36 PM | #1740
Quote: Originally Posted by velasong View Post
Got through that,then the sorc decides every pull will start with him hitting force speed,running past me and hitting overload.Annoying but not enough to stop me.
Oh god, I absolutely hate unnecessary use of overload. I've run with assassin dps on pugs who appear to think it's their primary damaging ability, and that it will do so much more damage to mobs than the orbital strike and death from above they've just pushed everything out of.